Bi/Pan Thread

Talk about anything and everything.

What ARE you?!

I'm gay
12
52%
I'm gay, but have some attraction towards the opposite sex ("homoflexible")
3
13%
I'm bisexual
6
26%
I'm not bisexual/gay, but have some attraction towards the same sex ("heteroflexible")
2
9%
I'm straight
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 23

Re: Bi/Pan Thread

Unread postby UndercoverLover » 4 February 2020, 02:45

Someone on grindr asked me if I was bi the other day... Didn't know how to respond to it after putting a lot of thought into it. I was married to a woman and have been with women in the past in an attempt to force myself to be the way that I thought society wanted me to be. The fact is that I love men though. Honestly it was hard for me to even get turned on with a woman. I can say that I did have emotional feelings for some of those women, but sexually I would normally turn the lights off and pretend it was a really hot guy. (this was still tough as I'd say I bottom with guys 80% of the time so I like taking the dick more than giving it lol)
As of the past several years, I've only been with men or trans women who still have a penis.
I don't see myself being with a woman again sexually unless she's pegging me.. Lol... Maybe. That's a big maybe. I'd much rather have a guy.
UndercoverLover
 
Posts: 57
+1s received: 31
Joined: 15 October 2017, 06:12
Location: Baltimore, MD
Country: United States (us)

Re: Bi/Pan Thread

Unread postby Eryx » 4 February 2020, 06:05

No reason to keep pushing for girls then. You don't sound bi at all. Just someone who really tried to go against the being gay part.
Image

Image Image Image

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
— Harlan Ellison
User avatar
Eryx
 
Posts: 2361
+1s received: 1362
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:48
Location: Belo Horizonte, MG
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: Bi/Pan Thread

Unread postby Magic J » 4 February 2020, 18:17

Jzone wrote:Judging by these posts and similar ones from the past, I must be a rarity. I am about as 50/50 bi as you can imagine.

The ultra rare True Bi. :O

Jzone wrote:These were the dark, pre-internet days when I had to hope to discover a porn magazine misplaced by an older friend or relative. Those were gold.

I was always led to believe that the really filthy ones were exclusively found "in the woods". :P

Jzone wrote:I am equally attracted to men and women, and for different reasons — beyond just a cock or cunt. It's more energetic, or a matter of personality traits that tend to go with the sexes. Going by the numbers can be confusing. If you count sexual partners, I have had more men than women. If you count sexual encounters, I have had more with women than men. I don't try to interpret a preference from that.

I dig it. Perhaps strangely, I'm usually pretty attracted to more strereotypically masc women and more stereotypically femme guys. I might have been dropped in the head as a child. Wires got crossed. :lol

I imagine some people find it important for their identity to try and figure out a hard preference for themselves. Speaking for myself, though, I don't really let it concern me.

Jzone wrote:Even more complicated is when you live in a small town, break up with a guy, go out with a woman, then all end up at the same bar or party at the same time. I think a wiser man once said — keep your girlfriends close, and your ex-boyfriends closer. Then there is the famous bi toast — to our wives and boyfriends, may they never meet. I still prefer to share my bed with one complication at a time.

"Oh... um... so you're straight now?"
"Nooooooooo"

I would usually reply, "yes, I'm straight now". They get properly weirded out once you've flip back to "gay" again. :P
Be Excellent to each other.
User avatar
Magic J
 
Posts: 740
+1s received: 553
Joined: 20 December 2012, 23:06
Location: Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Bi/Pan Thread

Unread postby Magic J » 4 February 2020, 18:55

Revontulet wrote:Are most bi guys only sexually attracted to other guys is a good question. I know some bisexual guys who are married (M+F), but they have this need to cheat their spouses by seeking other guys just for sex. Some others told me, however, that they can be involved with others both emotionally and sexually.

Yeah, that seems to be pretty common. It seems the stereotype is that a bisexual man will always cheat on a partner, since they can "never be fulfilled" with just one sex, etc, etc. Perhaps that is true for some men, I don't really know. I personally don't particularly feel that, at least not in my experience so far. I've had several relationships, and to be honest, when I'm with someone, I don't very often think of anyone else in that way, man or woman.

Because I'm a total sap. :P
Be Excellent to each other.
User avatar
Magic J
 
Posts: 740
+1s received: 553
Joined: 20 December 2012, 23:06
Location: Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Bi/Pan Thread

Unread postby Jzone » 5 February 2020, 01:22

Magic J wrote:I imagine some people find it important for their identity to try and figure out a hard preference for themselves. Speaking for myself, though, I don't really let it concern me.

Jzone wrote:Even more complicated is when you live in a small town, break up with a guy, go out with a woman, then all end up at the same bar or party at the same time. I think a wiser man once said — keep your girlfriends close, and your ex-boyfriends closer. Then there is the famous bi toast — to our wives and boyfriends, may they never meet. I still prefer to share my bed with one complication at a time.

"Oh... um... so you're straight now?"
"Nooooooooo"

I would usually reply, "yes, I'm straight now". They get properly weirded out once you've flip back to "gay" again. :P

No worries, Magic J, I will never again identify as straight. Hard preferences are overrated — I actually enjoy the flexibility of the bisexual universe. I think most of my friends have given up on trying to pin me down (except for the total tops ;) ).

I don't cheat — full stop. When I am with a guy, he is it for me. When I am with a woman, she is it for me. I fully confess to missing certain elements of one or the other. However, I find no need to mix and match.
Just an everyday boy — doing everyday things
User avatar
Jzone
 
Posts: 1079
+1s received: 1284
Joined: 21 October 2017, 17:58
Location: USA, Washington State
Country: United States (us)

Re: Bi/Pan Thread

Unread postby Magic J » 5 February 2020, 19:21

Image

Can you count, cocksuckers? I say the forum is ours... if you can count!

Now look what we have here before us. You got Brenden posting next to GaySpacePirateKing. We got Jzone right by Magic J. Nobody is sassing nobody. That... is a miracle. And miracles its the way things ought to be.

Your browsing right now with nine delegates from 100 bi sleeper cells, and there's over 100 more. That's 20,000 Hardcore bisexuals, 40,000 counting the flexibles, and 20,000 more not converted, but bi-curious: 60,000 soldiers! Now there ain't but 20,000 gays on the whole forum. Can you dig it? Can you dig it? Caaaaan yooouuu dig it?!

Now here's the sum total: one letter could run this forum. One letter. Nobody would post without us allowing it to happen. We could harvest the likes, the nudes, because We got the sub-forums, suckers! Can you dig it? The problem in the past has been the G turning us against one another. We have been unable to see the truth, because we have been fighting for one single thread, or thread, our little thread. That's crap, brothers! The forum is ours by right, because it's our turn. All we have to do is keep up the general truce. We take over one sub-forum at a time. Secure our threads... secure our forum... because its all our forum!

Image
Last edited by Magic J on 5 February 2020, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.
Be Excellent to each other.
User avatar
Magic J
 
Posts: 740
+1s received: 553
Joined: 20 December 2012, 23:06
Location: Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

PostThis post was deleted by Magic J on 5 February 2020, 19:24.

Re: Bi/Pan Thread

Unread postby mxguy01 » 5 February 2020, 19:54

Jzone wrote:
Magic J wrote:I imagine some people find it important for their identity to try and figure out a hard preference for themselves. Speaking for myself, though, I don't really let it concern me.

Jzone wrote:Even more complicated is when you live in a small town, break up with a guy, go out with a woman, then all end up at the same bar or party at the same time. I think a wiser man once said — keep your girlfriends close, and your ex-boyfriends closer. Then there is the famous bi toast — to our wives and boyfriends, may they never meet. I still prefer to share my bed with one complication at a time.

"Oh... um... so you're straight now?"
"Nooooooooo"

I would usually reply, "yes, I'm straight now". They get properly weirded out once you've flip back to "gay" again. :P

No worries, Magic J, I will never again identify as straight. Hard preferences are overrated — I actually enjoy the flexibility of the bisexual universe. I think most of my friends have given up on trying to pin me down (except for the total tops ;) ).

I don't cheat — full stop. When I am with a guy, he is it for me. When I am with a woman, she is it for me. I fully confess to missing certain elements of one or the other. However, I find no need to mix and match.


Oh, being single, vers and way-gay... Liv'n life my way. :rofl:
---
I love to travel but hate to arrive -- Albert Einstein
---
The only thing worse than an Did Not Finish (DNF) is an Did Not Start (DNS). ~~ Me
---
It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness. ~~ Chinese fortune cookie
User avatar
mxguy01
 
Posts: 4659
+1s received: 2202
Joined: 23 October 2017, 23:12
Location: NorCal
Country: United States (us)

Re: Bi/Pan Thread

Unread postby mxguy01 » 5 February 2020, 20:12

UndercoverLover wrote:Someone on grindr asked me if I was bi the other day... Didn't know how to respond to it after putting a lot of thought into it. I was married to a woman and have been with women in the past in an attempt to force myself to be the way that I thought society wanted me to be. The fact is that I love men though. Honestly it was hard for me to even get turned on with a woman. I can say that I did have emotional feelings for some of those women, but sexually I would normally turn the lights off and pretend it was a really hot guy. (this was still tough as I'd say I bottom with guys 80% of the time so I like taking the dick more than giving it lol)
As of the past several years, I've only been with men or trans women who still have a penis.
I don't see myself being with a woman again sexually unless she's pegging me.. Lol... Maybe. That's a big maybe. I'd much rather have a guy.


I get a lot of flack about believing myself to be 100% gay. I "pretended" to be straight out of fear for harm is the long and short of it. Simply decided/accepted/got-used-to the the circumstances. Life for me had to be that way for right or for wrong. The only one I will accept judgement from on that is myself. I draw a distinct line between who I'm sexually attracted to vs someone I may have emotionally bonded with. I have all the attraction to vagina in the bed as I do my right hand. Now days because I moved on from that situation, I couldn't even look at a vagina let alone put my dick in one. I'd go for my hand or toy first. I've always accepted me; just that I got lucky with a second chance and I actually get to enjoy being me now rather than keeping that part of me repressed and hidden.
---
I love to travel but hate to arrive -- Albert Einstein
---
The only thing worse than an Did Not Finish (DNF) is an Did Not Start (DNS). ~~ Me
---
It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness. ~~ Chinese fortune cookie
User avatar
mxguy01
 
Posts: 4659
+1s received: 2202
Joined: 23 October 2017, 23:12
Location: NorCal
Country: United States (us)

Re: Bi/Pan Thread

Unread postby Magic J » 7 February 2020, 17:46

mxguy01 wrote:I get a lot of flack about believing myself to be 100% gay.

Really? That sucks if people are giving you flack for that. I always thought that most folk generally assumed others were either straight or gay, 100%, as you say. Certainly, most gay people I know say the same as you, they're exclusively attracted to the same sex.

Also, I must say, this has been an inauspicious start to the bi revolution. Y'all don't appreciate The Warriors enough. :oface:

PSA: It's the best film ever made, and will remain so until the heat death of the universe.
Be Excellent to each other.
User avatar
Magic J
 
Posts: 740
+1s received: 553
Joined: 20 December 2012, 23:06
Location: Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Bi/Pan Thread

Unread postby Magic J » 7 February 2020, 19:10


This is relevant to the topic of the thread.

The Warriors is always relevant.

Also, Swan is cute as. See, we got there in the end.
Be Excellent to each other.
User avatar
Magic J
 
Posts: 740
+1s received: 553
Joined: 20 December 2012, 23:06
Location: Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Bi/Pan Thread

Unread postby Magic J » 11 February 2020, 20:53



I chuckled. Then I looked at the Youtube comments and... Jesus... I know this is the internet and you can reliably find
something to irritate you almost anywhere, but there are a whole lot of people saying that they're offended by this.
I hate to do this. I really do. But I will, for a moment, deign to be That Guy. Honestly, why does this make you so
uncomfortable? It is clearly satirical in tone throughout. Even if it wasn't, would the comment "men can't be bisexual"
really be such a great offense? It's just an opinion, one which happens to be incorrect. So what. All that would be required is a witty repartee, or a collected rebuttal, if you've the inclination. Take a deep breath. Dare to live your truth, as they say these days.

But that's just like, my opinion, man. Sure, some beliefs do offend me deeply, but I dunno, this (hypothetical) just isn't one of them. Maybe I'm the arsehole here. Opinions to the affirmative are always welcome. :P

Anyway, those glasses absolutely do it for me. And the tattoos. And... the blue
hair? What is wrong with me...

See, I can say that here. We're in the containment thread.
Be Excellent to each other.
User avatar
Magic J
 
Posts: 740
+1s received: 553
Joined: 20 December 2012, 23:06
Location: Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Bi/Pan Thread

Unread postby Brenden » 11 February 2020, 21:38

I thought it was pretty clear that it was satire and that the final bit about the guy being bisexual was just a continuation of the satirical commentary on bi erasure.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 7573
+1s received: 2453
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Bi/Pan Thread

Unread postby Magic J » 11 February 2020, 21:42

Brenden wrote:I thought it was pretty clear that it was satire and that the final bit about the guy being bisexual was just a continuation of the satirical commentary on bi erasure.

Yes. This is how I took it as well.

I even found it funny! :gaping:

Don't get me wrong, I think so called "bi-erasure" is a legitimate problem. It's not something which tends to be offensive to me, though, or make me particularly uncomfortable as such. I suppose I might be quibbling over the meaning of the word "offence", since I always associated "offense" with a kind of visceral reaction against something, and I have no such reaction in such cases. It merely irks me.
Be Excellent to each other.
User avatar
Magic J
 
Posts: 740
+1s received: 553
Joined: 20 December 2012, 23:06
Location: Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Bi/Pan Thread

Unread postby Magic J » 13 February 2020, 18:56

I shall here take a break from my usual nonsense to link you to a podcast which might be of interest.

What's It Like to Come Out Later in Life?

An interview with playwright Nicholas McInerny, who came out as gay/bisexual at age 45. From the Guardian (a po-faced and eminently mockable newspaper which supplies essential high quality investigative journalism and in-depth reporting. They even have a US edition. Much recommended).

Hope you enjoy.
Be Excellent to each other.
User avatar
Magic J
 
Posts: 740
+1s received: 553
Joined: 20 December 2012, 23:06
Location: Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Bi/Pan Thread

Unread postby Brenden » 13 February 2020, 19:12

Magic J wrote:From the Guardian (a po-faced and eminently mockable newspaper which supplies essential high quality investigative journalism and in-depth reporting. They even have a US edition. Much recommended).

An Australian edition, too. :monocle:
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 7573
+1s received: 2453
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Bi/Pan Thread

Unread postby rado84 » 22 February 2020, 20:04

I'm bisexual - there's no hiding of that fact. But being a bisexual is luck as much as it is a curse. At least in my country it's a curse, anyway. Because here gays don't accept me as one of them - to some of them having the taste for women (or to men in lesbian conversations) equals the worst of the 7 deadly sins. As hard as it is to believe it, but some of them do believe in deities - the same deities condemning them to death for being gay, LOL! The majority of straight people also don't accept me as one of them for the exactly the same reasons gay people don't accept me as one of them. So basically according to a big portion of my country's population, I'm not even a human and some of them think (altough they don't say it out loud) that we bisexuals should be impaled or worse, as if there can be anything worse than that... The only thing that I have found to be capable of shutting them all up is telling them in desperate times I have more options for sex because of my taste to both genders than they do for being just straight or just gay. Image
Image
User avatar
rado84
 
Posts: 145
+1s received: 48
Joined: 14 December 2017, 17:00
Location: Bulgaria
Country: Bulgaria (bg)

Re: Bi/Pan Thread

Unread postby Magic J » 23 February 2020, 13:33

rado84 wrote:I'm bisexual - there's no hiding of that fact. But being a bisexual is luck as much as it is a curse. At least in my country it's a curse, anyway. Because here gays don't accept me as one of them - to some of them having the taste for women (or to men in lesbian conversations) equals the worst of the 7 deadly sins. As hard as it is to believe it, but some of them do believe in deities - the same deities condemning them to death for being gay, LOL! The majority of straight people also don't accept me as one of them for the exactly the same reasons gay people don't accept me as one of them. So basically according to a big portion of my country's population, I'm not even a human and some of them think (altough they don't say it out loud) that we bisexuals should be impaled or worse, as if there can be anything worse than that... The only thing that I have found to be capable of shutting them all up is telling them in desperate times I have more options for sex because of my taste to both genders than they do for being just straight or just gay. Image


Здравайте от Шотландия, Радо! :D

Yeah, I think it can be tough sometimes. That sounds rough. I've not had too bad experiences myself, luckily, though I think bisexuality it a bit more accepted by gays and lesbians here these days. There's still some negative stereotypes, obviously, but that's inevitable.

I think a lot of people, straight or gay, still think that bisexual men are basically homosexual, or on their way to accepting themselves as gay. I suppose that's since so many people apparently think of themselves as bisexual as a kind of transition point before coming out as gay. So, gay guys just think you're deluded, and straight people just think you're lying. :lol:

Also, forbidden smilies! :P
Be Excellent to each other.
User avatar
Magic J
 
Posts: 740
+1s received: 553
Joined: 20 December 2012, 23:06
Location: Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Bi/Pan Thread

Unread postby rado84 » 23 February 2020, 21:04

Magic J wrote:[youtube.]menWySSbe3M[/youtube]


What we just saw on that video was the lesbian version of racism. Telling a bisexual person "you're gay/straight, you just don't know it yet" sounds as ridiculous AND offensive as telling a mulatto person "you're just white/black, you just don't know it yet". That's exactly what I was talking about in my previous post. As a bisexual guy I agree with one of the comments of the video that the women from the video (except for the bisexual one) should be thrown in a volcano in order to make sure nothing's left behind.

Magic J wrote:Здравайте от Шотландия, Радо! :D


No need to post in my language, dude. :) I learned English for 20 years or so (since first grade at school until the second year at the university), so English is now almost like my second native language. Sometimes I even catch myself thinking in English.
Image
User avatar
rado84
 
Posts: 145
+1s received: 48
Joined: 14 December 2017, 17:00
Location: Bulgaria
Country: Bulgaria (bg)

Re: Bi/Pan Thread

Unread postby Magic J » 23 February 2020, 22:05

Ah, you and I are of two different temperaments, then. People can be ignorant. They frequently are. I imagine I am, too, inevitably. So, I try not to hold it against them too much. I like to try talking about it before resorting to execution by volcano.

I know I don't have to post in Bulgarian. I just used to speak it a little bit. Emphasis on the "little".
Be Excellent to each other.
User avatar
Magic J
 
Posts: 740
+1s received: 553
Joined: 20 December 2012, 23:06
Location: Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: Adrian, Bro88, Callumx, CommonCrawl [Bot], Halt Arrtay, John27, Mail.ru [Bot], René, Yandex [Bot] and 87 guests