Do you think people are born gay?

Talk about anything and everything.

Re: Do you think people are born gay?

Unread postby poolerboy0077 » 19 March 2013, 20:27

AlwayzHorny wrote:No but they can grow up to be gay from being a toddler.

Being a toddler is the number one cause of gayness.
Blow: "Nowadays even Liam can release an album of his screechy vocals and it'll probably go #1..."
Ramzus: I can admit that I'm horny just about 24/7
homomorphism: I used to not think your name was deshay and that Erick was just being racist
Hunter: sometimes I think I was literally born to be a pornstar
User avatar
poolerboy0077
 
Posts: 9968
+1s received: 2766
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:20
Country: United States (us)

Re: Do you think people are born gay?

Unread postby brotherelf » 26 March 2013, 13:51

You know what i have never woken up and gone "hmm think I'm gonna wank to porn with women in it for the first time in 7 years when i was 13"
If all homophobes are gays in denile, Then Fred Phelps must be the sluttiest, submissive drag queen ever
User avatar
brotherelf
 
Posts: 77
Joined: 12 February 2013, 09:13
Country: Australia (au)

Re: Do you think people are born gay?

Unread postby Adam88 » 13 April 2013, 11:43

I often wonder this myself... I think it could be different for every person.
User avatar
Adam88
 
Posts: 1596
+1s received: 3
Joined: 14 January 2013, 09:51
Country: United States (us)

Re: Do you think people are born gay?

Unread postby IndianaBoy » 13 April 2013, 12:08

I believe I was born homosexual. I was raised surrounded by the traditional, man-woman relationships. I was even raised to believe homosexuality a sin. My parents never came out and told me it was a sin, but I went to church twice a week for many, many years. You get the impression eventually.

Once I started developing my physical attraction for guys, it was an interesting transition. Emotionally, I was attracted to females. Physically, males. Obviously this caused for some confusion. I used to repent for my "sins" after masturbating to the thought of men, actually. Fucked up, right?

Well, I don't believe that someone who prayed to be straight would be anything but born this way.

Skip ahead to now and here I stand, 100% out, surrounded by people who love me, and still spiritual. I decided for myself that homosexuality weren't a sin at all; that, in fact, there was nothing wrong.

What can I say? I like dick.
rawss. wrote:
IndianaBoy wrote:You is kind, you is smart, you is important.
You make a lovely black woman.
User avatar
IndianaBoy
 
Posts: 180
Joined: 8 April 2013, 10:56
Country: United States (us)

Re: Do you think people are born gay?

Unread postby Adam88 » 13 April 2013, 12:19

IndianaBoy wrote:I believe I was born homosexual. I was raised surrounded by the traditional, man-woman relationships. I was even raised to believe homosexuality a sin. My parents never came out and told me it was a sin, but I went to church twice a week for many, many years. You get the impression eventually.

Once I started developing my physical attraction for guys, it was an interesting transition. Emotionally, I was attracted to females. Physically, males. Obviously this caused for some confusion. I used to repent for my "sins" after masturbating to the thought of men, actually. Fucked up, right?

Well, I don't believe that someone who prayed to be straight would be anything but born this way.

Skip ahead to now and here I stand, 100% out, surrounded by people who love me, and still spiritual. I decided for myself that homosexuality weren't a sin at all; that, in fact, there was nothing wrong.

What can I say? I like dick.



That must have been a hard transition to make. How did your parents take it?
User avatar
Adam88
 
Posts: 1596
+1s received: 3
Joined: 14 January 2013, 09:51
Country: United States (us)

Re: Do you think people are born gay?

Unread postby IndianaBoy » 13 April 2013, 23:28

Adam88 wrote:
IndianaBoy wrote:I believe I was born homosexual. I was raised surrounded by the traditional, man-woman relationships. I was even raised to believe homosexuality a sin. My parents never came out and told me it was a sin, but I went to church twice a week for many, many years. You get the impression eventually.

Once I started developing my physical attraction for guys, it was an interesting transition. Emotionally, I was attracted to females. Physically, males. Obviously this caused for some confusion. I used to repent for my "sins" after masturbating to the thought of men, actually. Fucked up, right?

Well, I don't believe that someone who prayed to be straight would be anything but born this way.

Skip ahead to now and here I stand, 100% out, surrounded by people who love me, and still spiritual. I decided for myself that homosexuality weren't a sin at all; that, in fact, there was nothing wrong.

What can I say? I like dick.



That must have been a hard transition to make. How did your parents take it?


It was a short conversation. My brother wanted to be there for support, so he was.

I said that I was gay. My dad said, "You are not gay." When I insisted I was, he went back to reading his newspaper. My mom cried.

I didn't speak to my dad for a few months, and my mom just worried for my safety.

Now, though, they're absolutely fine with it. In fact, they always invite my boyfriend over, when I have one. Even when my dad wasn't speaking to me, he would take me to meet my boyfriend at the time because I couldn't drive yet.

It's all good, now. :)
rawss. wrote:
IndianaBoy wrote:You is kind, you is smart, you is important.
You make a lovely black woman.
User avatar
IndianaBoy
 
Posts: 180
Joined: 8 April 2013, 10:56
Country: United States (us)

Re: Do you think people are born gay?

Unread postby Mylz01 » 19 April 2013, 01:04

I think you are born gay. I mean who in the right mind would honestly choose to have their life any harder than it already is?

I think I always new deep down but it never just clicked. I had a gf for 3 years thought i would marry her. College happened broke up. Turned 21 brought a guy to my apartment and was kinda like ohhh well then :facepalm:
User avatar
Mylz01
 
Posts: 32
+1s received: 1
Joined: 14 January 2013, 05:44
Country: United States (us)

Re: Do you think people are born gay?

Unread postby LisaNo » 2 May 2013, 12:19

Mylz01 wrote:I think you are born gay. I mean who in the right mind would honestly choose to have their life any harder than it already is?
:facepalm:


I think I was born lesbian, but if I had had a choice, I would still be gay. Otherwise I would have to spend my life with a guy :s
I do wonder how others feel about this. Would you choose to be gay?
User avatar
LisaNo
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 2 May 2013, 12:13
Country: Netherlands (nl)

Re: Do you think people are born gay?

Unread postby Josiemonster » 3 May 2013, 15:33

LisaNo wrote:
Mylz01 wrote:I think you are born gay. I mean who in the right mind would honestly choose to have their life any harder than it already is?
:facepalm:


I think I was born lesbian, but if I had had a choice, I would still be gay. Otherwise I would have to spend my life with a guy :s
I do wonder how others feel about this. Would you choose to be gay?

You cant possibly know.if you could choose, one would assume you could choose to like men. Which would mean that you would like men over women. Therefore how can you say you would choose to be gay so that you wpuldnt have to be with men? If you chose to be straight, itd be because you didnt want to be with another woman...paradox central
User avatar
Josiemonster
 
Posts: 2013
+1s received: 8
Joined: 29 January 2013, 22:26
Location: Bournemouth
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Do you think people are born gay?

Unread postby Lucas » 3 May 2013, 18:28

Josiemonstaaaa, your name is fun to say.
Lucas
 
Posts: 4134
+1s received: 104
Joined: 21 December 2012, 19:08
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Country: United States (us)

Re: Do you think people are born gay?

Unread postby Paragon » 3 May 2013, 19:47

LisaNo wrote:
Mylz01 wrote:I think you are born gay. I mean who in the right mind would honestly choose to have their life any harder than it already is?
:facepalm:


I think I was born lesbian, but if I had had a choice, I would still be gay. Otherwise I would have to spend my life with a guy :s
I do wonder how others feel about this. Would you choose to be gay?


The very fact of the inability to choose affects the development of a person in the first place, where in the process of coming out you either spend your entire life wishing you could, or you rationalize that you are what you are. So people who are still in the first stage would probably only wish they could because they can't, whereas people in the second stage wish would change nothing because it would undo the balance they worked hard to come to in the first place.
Image
User avatar
Paragon
Moderator
 
Posts: 3026
+1s received: 42
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Boston, The Holy See
Country: United States (us)

Re: Do you think people are born gay?

Unread postby xonpathos » 3 May 2013, 20:18

Apollo wrote:
LisaNo wrote:
Mylz01 wrote:I think you are born gay. I mean who in the right mind would honestly choose to have their life any harder than it already is?
:facepalm:


I think I was born lesbian, but if I had had a choice, I would still be gay. Otherwise I would have to spend my life with a guy :s
I do wonder how others feel about this. Would you choose to be gay?


The very fact of the inability to choose affects the development of a person in the first place, where in the process of coming out you either spend your entire life wishing you could, or you rationalize that you are what you are. So people who are still in the first stage would probably only wish they could because they can't, whereas people in the second stage wish would change nothing because it would undo the balance they worked hard to come to in the first place.

I've never thought of it that way, but it makes perfect sense. Before I accepted myself I did everything I possibly could to try to change (including getting married :squint: ), but now that I'm comfortable with myself and have come out, I wouldn't change who I am if I could.
xonpathos
 
Posts: 372
Joined: 1 May 2013, 01:32
Location: Alabama
Country: United States (us)

Re: Do you think people are born gay?

Unread postby Mylz01 » 4 May 2013, 05:31

xonpathos wrote:
Apollo wrote:
LisaNo wrote:
Mylz01 wrote:I think you are born gay. I mean who in the right mind would honestly choose to have their life any harder than it already is?
:facepalm:


I think I was born lesbian, but if I had had a choice, I would still be gay. Otherwise I would have to spend my life with a guy :s
I do wonder how others feel about this. Would you choose to be gay?


The very fact of the inability to choose affects the development of a person in the first place, where in the process of coming out you either spend your entire life wishing you could, or you rationalize that you are what you are. So people who are still in the first stage would probably only wish they could because they can't, whereas people in the second stage wish would change nothing because it would undo the balance they worked hard to come to in the first place.

I've never thought of it that way, but it makes perfect sense. Before I accepted myself I did everything I possibly could to try to change (including getting married :squint: ), but now that I'm comfortable with myself and have come out, I wouldn't change who I am if I could.


Dating girls was so much easier. finding a guy is like finding a needle in a hay stack. :(
User avatar
Mylz01
 
Posts: 32
+1s received: 1
Joined: 14 January 2013, 05:44
Country: United States (us)

Re: Do you think people are born gay?

Unread postby Star69Cruiser » 9 May 2013, 23:36

The original question was: Do you think people are born gay?

In reality (fact) there is NO one answer to this question. WHY?
Because each individual SOUL who is traveling the Cosmos at any particular moment in time, is at the STAGE OF SOUL GROWTH which is UNIQUE to that individual.

In my many years of counseling individuals (young and much older) in the State of California - both as an independent counselor (Professional Astrologer), and also while working as a "bridge" between the California State Mental Health Department and people caught up up in a wast wasteland of poverty (indigent people) - I came away from that experience knowing ONE very important fact:

There is an unknown (undocumented) amount of reasons WHY people choose (or ultimately end in) a certain, specified set of circumstances.
Secondly, the Human race - at least in general terms - is hell bent on persecuting (or labeling adversely) anyone who does not "measure up" to society's standards at the moment.

The question you pose intrigues me for one reason primarily:
WHAT is YOUR MOTIVE for asking it?

If it is out of curiosity, then I bow to you - as you certainly have garnered numerous and various responses, many of which are very sincere and have "weight" as to their substance.
IF your motive for asking the question is "ulterior" in design and purpose, then I cannot condone your reasons for having asked it.

For purpose of allowing OTHER persons to view ( and perhaps be placed in a position of introspection), I would like to offer MY experiences and thoughts directly related to your question:

As I stated previously there is NO ONE ANSWER to your Question.
There are many thousands, probably billions of reasons, why ANY individual chooses a path of which is CONTRARY to the "social norm"; and CHOOSING to be Gay, Straight, Bi, Metro-Sexual, OR A-Sexual, often is, AT BEST, inviting criticism, and even out-right hate,from ones peers - especially IF that choice differs from the ACCEPTED NORM at the time and place in society in which that CHOICE was made public.

In my own personal experience (and working with) with many individuals of ALL walks of life, I can honestly say there are NUMEROUS reasons WHY certain individuals are "gay" from the "get go"; Stra8 from the "get go"; or who who are GAY from the "get go".
To particularly catalog and document ALL reasons would be unreasonable to say the least - and it would require this website to order additional "bandwidth" from its Provider, just for my explanation alone on this one topic.

To "head off" some anticipated questions of my OWN sexual CHOICE (and reasons for it), I offer the following:

(1) I AM GAY
(2) WHY? I would welcome the opportunity to answer that question individually. Contact me IF U R sincerely interested!
(3) Have I ever questioned my position as to my sexual preference?
Again, as in # 2.
(4) What do I find MORE intriguing/inviting/stimulating about a GUY vs. a Gal?
Again, as in #2.
(5) Will I ever change my position (in this lifetime or the NEXT ?)
ANSWER: I have NOT always been GAY. In my PREVIOUS lifetime I was Bi-Sexual.
So, to strictly answer the question as put forth above:
"Anything is possible .... but not probable"; e.g., George Brunner, Philosopher and Astrologer, Born July 23, 1989, in Denver, CO - Sun In Leo and Virgo Rising; and a personal friend of mine for many years.

Dave
Always be truthful to yourself
Star69Cruiser
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 5 May 2013, 14:33
Country: United States (us)

Re: Do you think people are born gay?

Unread postby acpro » 9 May 2013, 23:43

I think we are born gay but I hope not. Once a gay gene is located will parents search for it, and then abort their children if they are going to be gay?

We could be the last of our kind...
User avatar
acpro
 
Posts: 2297
+1s received: 430
Joined: 23 December 2012, 05:18
Country: United States (us)

Re: Do you think people are born gay?

Unread postby Josiemonster » 10 May 2013, 16:24

Star69Cruiser wrote:
[b]WHAT is YOUR MOTIVE for asking it?


If it is out of curiosity, then I bow to you - as you certainly have garnered numerous and various responses, many of which are very sincere and have "weight" as to their substance.
IF your motive for asking the question is "ulterior" in design and purpose, then I cannot condone your reasons for having asked it.

Dave

THIS is THE MOST "patronising" response I have EVER read IN my life.


for the record, I was curious. What other 'ulterior motive' could I possibly have?
User avatar
Josiemonster
 
Posts: 2013
+1s received: 8
Joined: 29 January 2013, 22:26
Location: Bournemouth
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Do you think people are born gay?

Unread postby Derek » 10 May 2013, 16:41

Star69Cruiser wrote:The original question was: Do you think people are born gay?

In reality (fact) there is NO one answer to this question. WHY?
Because each individual SOUL who is traveling the Cosmos at any particular moment in time, is at the STAGE OF SOUL GROWTH which is UNIQUE to that individual.

In my many years of counseling individuals (young and much older) in the State of California - both as an independent counselor (Professional Astrologer), and also while working as a "bridge" between the California State Mental Health Department and people caught up up in a wast wasteland of poverty (indigent people) - I came away from that experience knowing ONE very important fact:

There is an unknown (undocumented) amount of reasons WHY people choose (or ultimately end in) a certain, specified set of circumstances.
Secondly, the Human race - at least in general terms - is hell bent on persecuting (or labeling adversely) anyone who does not "measure up" to society's standards at the moment.

The question you pose intrigues me for one reason primarily:
WHAT is YOUR MOTIVE for asking it?

If it is out of curiosity, then I bow to you - as you certainly have garnered numerous and various responses, many of which are very sincere and have "weight" as to their substance.
IF your motive for asking the question is "ulterior" in design and purpose, then I cannot condone your reasons for having asked it.

For purpose of allowing OTHER persons to view ( and perhaps be placed in a position of introspection), I would like to offer MY experiences and thoughts directly related to your question:

As I stated previously there is NO ONE ANSWER to your Question.
There are many thousands, probably billions of reasons, why ANY individual chooses a path of which is CONTRARY to the "social norm"; and CHOOSING to be Gay, Straight, Bi, Metro-Sexual, OR A-Sexual, often is, AT BEST, inviting criticism, and even out-right hate,from ones peers - especially IF that choice differs from the ACCEPTED NORM at the time and place in society in which that CHOICE was made public.

In my own personal experience (and working with) with many individuals of ALL walks of life, I can honestly say there are NUMEROUS reasons WHY certain individuals are "gay" from the "get go"; Stra8 from the "get go"; or who who are GAY from the "get go".
To particularly catalog and document ALL reasons would be unreasonable to say the least - and it would require this website to order additional "bandwidth" from its Provider, just for my explanation alone on this one topic.

To "head off" some anticipated questions of my OWN sexual CHOICE (and reasons for it), I offer the following:

(1) I AM GAY
(2) WHY? I would welcome the opportunity to answer that question individually. Contact me IF U R sincerely interested!
(3) Have I ever questioned my position as to my sexual preference?
Again, as in # 2.
(4) What do I find MORE intriguing/inviting/stimulating about a GUY vs. a Gal?
Again, as in #2.
(5) Will I ever change my position (in this lifetime or the NEXT ?)
ANSWER: I have NOT always been GAY. In my PREVIOUS lifetime I was Bi-Sexual.
So, to strictly answer the question as put forth above:
"Anything is possible .... but not probable"; e.g., George Brunner, Philosopher and Astrologer, Born July 23, 1989, in Denver, CO - Sun In Leo and Virgo Rising; and a personal friend of mine for many years.

Dave

You write like a religious fanatic.
User avatar
Derek
 
Posts: 7151
+1s received: 2822
Joined: 21 December 2012, 02:12
Country: United States (us)

Re: Do you think people are born gay?

Unread postby Star69Cruiser » 10 May 2013, 18:24

To Derek:

Really? Then I can only assume you have very little experience with a "religious fanatic".

Dave
Always be truthful to yourself
Star69Cruiser
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 5 May 2013, 14:33
Country: United States (us)

Re: Do you think people are born gay?

Unread postby Star69Cruiser » 10 May 2013, 18:27

[/quote]
THIS is THE MOST "patronising" response I have EVER read IN my life.


for the record, I was curious. What other 'ulterior motive' could I possibly have?[/quote]

I didn't know; that is WHY I asked you.
Sorry that I seemed to have upset you so very much.

Dave
Always be truthful to yourself
Star69Cruiser
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 5 May 2013, 14:33
Country: United States (us)

Re: Do you think people are born gay?

Unread postby xonpathos » 10 May 2013, 23:53

Derek wrote:
Star69Cruiser wrote:The original question was: Do you think people are born gay?

In reality (fact) there is NO one answer to this question. WHY?
Because each individual SOUL who is traveling the Cosmos at any particular moment in time, is at the STAGE OF SOUL GROWTH which is UNIQUE to that individual.

In my many years of counseling individuals (young and much older) in the State of California - both as an independent counselor (Professional Astrologer), and also while working as a "bridge" between the California State Mental Health Department and people caught up up in a wast wasteland of poverty (indigent people) - I came away from that experience knowing ONE very important fact:

There is an unknown (undocumented) amount of reasons WHY people choose (or ultimately end in) a certain, specified set of circumstances.
Secondly, the Human race - at least in general terms - is hell bent on persecuting (or labeling adversely) anyone who does not "measure up" to society's standards at the moment.

The question you pose intrigues me for one reason primarily:
WHAT is YOUR MOTIVE for asking it?

If it is out of curiosity, then I bow to you - as you certainly have garnered numerous and various responses, many of which are very sincere and have "weight" as to their substance.
IF your motive for asking the question is "ulterior" in design and purpose, then I cannot condone your reasons for having asked it.

For purpose of allowing OTHER persons to view ( and perhaps be placed in a position of introspection), I would like to offer MY experiences and thoughts directly related to your question:

As I stated previously there is NO ONE ANSWER to your Question.
There are many thousands, probably billions of reasons, why ANY individual chooses a path of which is CONTRARY to the "social norm"; and CHOOSING to be Gay, Straight, Bi, Metro-Sexual, OR A-Sexual, often is, AT BEST, inviting criticism, and even out-right hate,from ones peers - especially IF that choice differs from the ACCEPTED NORM at the time and place in society in which that CHOICE was made public.

In my own personal experience (and working with) with many individuals of ALL walks of life, I can honestly say there are NUMEROUS reasons WHY certain individuals are "gay" from the "get go"; Stra8 from the "get go"; or who who are GAY from the "get go".
To particularly catalog and document ALL reasons would be unreasonable to say the least - and it would require this website to order additional "bandwidth" from its Provider, just for my explanation alone on this one topic.

To "head off" some anticipated questions of my OWN sexual CHOICE (and reasons for it), I offer the following:

(1) I AM GAY
(2) WHY? I would welcome the opportunity to answer that question individually. Contact me IF U R sincerely interested!
(3) Have I ever questioned my position as to my sexual preference?
Again, as in # 2.
(4) What do I find MORE intriguing/inviting/stimulating about a GUY vs. a Gal?
Again, as in #2.
(5) Will I ever change my position (in this lifetime or the NEXT ?)
ANSWER: I have NOT always been GAY. In my PREVIOUS lifetime I was Bi-Sexual.
So, to strictly answer the question as put forth above:
"Anything is possible .... but not probable"; e.g., George Brunner, Philosopher and Astrologer, Born July 23, 1989, in Denver, CO - Sun In Leo and Virgo Rising; and a personal friend of mine for many years.

Dave

You write like a religious fanatic.

And here I thought it was just me. Glad to see someone else agrees with me.

Star69Cruiser wrote:To Derek:

Really? Then I can only assume you have very little experience with a "religious fanatic".

Dave

I wouldn't be so sure of that. I live in the heart of the Bible Belt. I've had plenty of experience with religious fanatics (hell I'm even related to a few), and I agree with him.
xonpathos
 
Posts: 372
Joined: 1 May 2013, 01:32
Location: Alabama
Country: United States (us)

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CommonCrawl [Bot], René, StraightGuy95 and 75 guests