Hair loss...

Talk about anything and everything.

Hair loss...

Unread postby erti » 24 March 2021, 19:48

Have anyone of you experience hair loss due to psych meds? I've been taking at least one type of psych meds for the past 12 years. My hair has for the most part got greasy since puberty but my hair loss/thinning started since around senior year of high. Being female I don't know what it is.
“Don't take my devils away, because my angels may flee too.”

― Rainer Maria Rilke
User avatar
erti
 
Posts: 1730
+1s received: 1083
Joined: 30 November 2018, 09:58
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hair loss...

Unread postby Marmaduke » 24 March 2021, 20:47

Nah, not medication related. I’m just a run-of-the-mill male with a non-ideal genetic template, it takes a little longer every day to wash my face.
User avatar
Marmaduke
 
Posts: 8349
+1s received: 3099
Joined: 23 December 2012, 17:56
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Hair loss...

Unread postby Raynethemagi » 25 March 2021, 01:08

Not me....but it has thinned.
Here's an example of the Universe trying to tell you that you need healing in an area of your life:

Someone who struggles with showing emotion. This person, in their lifetime, will constantly struggle with this, and that is because, they choose to ignore or disregard the fact that they have trouble showing emotion. Most people will ignore this issue, and will continue to fracture themselves. And this goes with pretty much any problem that happens in your life that is recurring. Don't pass up an opportunity to make you "whole" again.
Raynethemagi
 
Posts: 199
+1s received: 62
Joined: 27 February 2021, 13:37
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hair loss...

Unread postby René » 25 March 2021, 01:09

Yeah, not medication-related for me. Anyway, I think I have it pretty much under control with minoxidil and some special shampoos/conditioner.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 7633
+1s received: 2787
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Hair loss...

Unread postby Derek » 25 March 2021, 04:34

Probably not your best bet to ask a forum full of men. Hard to say whether it's medication or just the ravages of time.

I used to have dreams where my teeth got loose and fell out. Now I have dreams where my teeth and hair get loose and fall out.
User avatar
Derek
 
Posts: 6960
+1s received: 2709
Joined: 21 December 2012, 02:12
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hair loss...

Unread postby erti » 25 March 2021, 04:52

René wrote:Yeah, not medication-related for me. Anyway, I think I have it pretty much under control with minoxidil and some special shampoos/conditioner.


I didn't know rogaine had stuff for females. It's pricey. Maybe when I get my check I'll look into buying rogaine for womem

Derek wrote:Probably not your best bet to ask a forum full of men. Hard to say whether it's medication or just the ravages of time.

I used to have dreams where my teeth got loose and fell out. Now I have dreams where my teeth and hair get loose and fall out.


You're right.. I'm probably better off looking else where. I think most of us had nightmares of teeth falling out the mouth. Never so much as hair loss.
“Don't take my devils away, because my angels may flee too.”

― Rainer Maria Rilke
User avatar
erti
 
Posts: 1730
+1s received: 1083
Joined: 30 November 2018, 09:58
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hair loss...

Unread postby René » 25 March 2021, 06:59

erti wrote:I didn't know rogaine had stuff for females. It's pricey. Maybe when I get my check I'll look into buying rogaine for womem

Don't waste money on the brand stuff. Get Kirkland or something, from Costco or eBay. Also, I think the women's version is just a lower concentration, so I wonder if you could save money by getting the men's version and just using less of it or something. I'm sure you can find more info about this online. :)
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 7633
+1s received: 2787
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Hair loss...

Unread postby erti » 25 March 2021, 07:05

René wrote:
erti wrote:I didn't know rogaine had stuff for females. It's pricey. Maybe when I get my check I'll look into buying rogaine for womem

Don't waste money on the brand stuff. Get Kirkland or something, from Costco or eBay. Also, I think the women's version is just a lower concentration, so I wonder if you could save money by getting the men's version and just using less of it or something. I'm sure you can find more info about this online. :)


I'll look into it. I probably should talk to my doctor.
“Don't take my devils away, because my angels may flee too.”

― Rainer Maria Rilke
User avatar
erti
 
Posts: 1730
+1s received: 1083
Joined: 30 November 2018, 09:58
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hair loss...

Unread postby McTaggartfan » 26 March 2021, 04:47

Could it be the result of treatment you're receiving for cancer that you failed to specify? If not, then I'm out of ideas. Sorry! :heart: :heart: :heart:
User avatar
McTaggartfan
 
Posts: 521
+1s received: 207
Joined: 7 February 2021, 02:12
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hair loss...

Unread postby McTaggartfan » 26 March 2021, 04:52

René wrote:Yeah, not medication-related for me. Anyway, I think I have it pretty much under control with minoxidil and some special shampoos/conditioner.


Well in your case it could be because of your peculiar illness—the bubonic plague. Don’t forget to take good care of those buboes!

Maybe cut back a bit on the special baths? 😂❤️😂
User avatar
McTaggartfan
 
Posts: 521
+1s received: 207
Joined: 7 February 2021, 02:12
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hair loss...

Unread postby erti » 26 March 2021, 04:53

McTaggartfan wrote:Could it be the result of treatment you're receiving for cancer that you failed to specify? If not, then I'm out of ideas. Sorry! :heart: :heart: :heart:


Nope no cancer. It's just something I'm worried about. Being female it's just embarrassing and is probably a sign of something. I need to get ahold of my doctor and ask. I need to get a hold of her anyways for the covid vaccine anyways.
“Don't take my devils away, because my angels may flee too.”

― Rainer Maria Rilke
User avatar
erti
 
Posts: 1730
+1s received: 1083
Joined: 30 November 2018, 09:58
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States (us)


Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Yandex [Bot] and 119 guests