How did you reconcile you religious belief about being gay ?

Talk about anything and everything.

How did you reconcile you religious belief about being gay ?

Unread postby Gay-paul » 3 November 2018, 18:27

How did you reconcile your religious belief about being gay if you're Christian, Jew or Muslim?
Gay-paul
 
Posts: 100
+1s received: 17
Joined: 3 November 2018, 13:26
Country: Poland (pl)

Re: How did you reconcile you religious belief about being gay ?

Unread postby PopTart » 3 November 2018, 18:35

I left alot of my religious faith behind as a child, so it wasn't much of an issue for me.

I know some people manage to reconcile the two as christians.

How about you? Is it something you struggle with?
User avatar
PopTart
 
Posts: 2264
+1s received: 1786
Joined: 12 December 2017, 11:15
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: How did you reconcile you religious belief about being gay ?

Unread postby poolerboy0077 » 3 November 2018, 18:37

Well, Jesus was kind of a faggot so I just figured he'd be cool with it. I mean, seriously, he was always hanging around with 12 dudes all the time and not once did we ever see him in a relationship with a woman. Even Shawn Mendes has had beards to use as cover-ups.
Blow: "Nowadays even Liam can release an album of his screechy vocals and it'll probably go #1..."
Ramzus: I can admit that I'm horny just about 24/7
homomorphism: I used to not think your name was deshay and that Erick was just being racist
Hunter: sometimes I think I was literally born to be a pornstar
User avatar
poolerboy0077
 
Posts: 6824
+1s received: 1158
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:20
Country: United States (us)

Re: How did you reconcile you religious belief about being gay ?

Unread postby René » 3 November 2018, 18:45

As a Christian teenager I read a lot of the Bible and came to the conclusion that monogamous gay relationships were something Christ himself would not condemn. I actually wrote an essay to try to convince the minister at my church of this.

I don't think it convinced the minister, but it convinced my grandmother and at least one aunt, so I'm glad I did it. I have a big family and they're predominantly very Christian, but every single one of them has been nothing but kind and encouraging to me and Brenden :keke:

The issue became moot when I later lost my religious belief, but my essay really seems to have meant a lot to my grandma; she still mentions it sometimes :3
ImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 4272
+1s received: 908
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: How did you reconcile you religious belief about being gay ?

Unread postby poolerboy0077 » 3 November 2018, 18:50

Do you still have the essay? Can we read it?

Also, give credit where credit is due. You became a heathen due to Pekkle. I wonder where he is now. But I forget, what did he tell you that finally convinced you to let go of the belief?
Blow: "Nowadays even Liam can release an album of his screechy vocals and it'll probably go #1..."
Ramzus: I can admit that I'm horny just about 24/7
homomorphism: I used to not think your name was deshay and that Erick was just being racist
Hunter: sometimes I think I was literally born to be a pornstar
User avatar
poolerboy0077
 
Posts: 6824
+1s received: 1158
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:20
Country: United States (us)

Re: How did you reconcile you religious belief about being gay ?

Unread postby René » 3 November 2018, 19:38

poolerboy0077 wrote:Do you still have the essay? Can we read it?

Also, give credit where credit is due. You became a heathen due to Pekkle. I wonder where he is now. But I forget, what did he tell you that finally convinced you to let go of the belief?

I'm sure I do (I have computer documents going as far back as the late 90s), but I doubt you can read it as it is in Dutch. :)

I wonder where she is now. :runaway:

To answer your question, I don't know exactly (but then, I don't make an effort to remember things that can easily be looked up). GTF to the rescue! :awesome:

I posted a summary for Spartan Johnny Hook-Inn (I wonder where he is now too... another one of those damned Australians who slip off your radar) 10 years ago, in 2008:

René wrote:http://gayteenforum.org/viewtopic.php?p=28528#p28528:

Spartan Johnny Hook-Inn wrote:And speaking of the devil, we still haven't heard exactly why (other than who for) AB changed his mind. Hmm.

Pekkle wrote:Well he didn't really change "for me", he was really resistant at first.

I first asked him why he believed in god, he told me it was because he was doubting at one point and prayed for a sign (specifically that he would get an assignment from some company, which was pretty rare) and it came true.

I pointed out how irrational this was, and he admitted his faith was irrational, but he still believed. You know how a lot of christians claim faith lies outside of logic and stuff? He was kind of like that, which really pisses me off. Anyway.

I then argued to him, using an example from one of Jesus's parables "The Good Samaritan", pointing out that the vanilla "evil comes from adam and eve's failing" doesn't apply to, say, children with cancer, and then pointing out we are expected to heal and care for people, but that god doesn't, despite being apparently willing and able.
God doesn't heal babies born with cancer (and children do not inherit the sins of their fathers, according to the bible, children are born without sin.)

Basically the quote from Epicurus sums it up:

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malovent.

Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?"


So basically he tells me I pointed out his faith was irrational, and that if god does exist he is a hypocrite.

He went to a few christian forums and I did too, asking if they could resolve my Good Samaritan "hypocrisy", and we didn't find any convincing answer, so he gave up his faith.

Spartan Johnny Hook-Inn wrote:Wait.... So all it took was for someone to point out a contradiction in the bible?

Pekkle wrote:I don't think it was so much but a contradiction in his view of god compared to the reality of the world.

God loves us, he has infinite power.

He shouldn't be expected to fix all our mistakes, otherwise how would we grow? A man without suffering is shallow and fickle, etc...

Yet babies who die from sickness and deformations, not caused at all by any mistake on humanities part, that cannot be attributed to our failing in anyway, are not healed by him, and he was unable to find any justification for this other than

1. God doesn't exist.
2. God doesn't heal sick children for some reason.

And whilst many christians would take the second possibility, and then claim that "God works in mysterious ways" I was able to point out that the bible expects us to do our best to heal others, while god does not, leading to the conclusion that he is a hypocrite.

Anonymous Boy wrote:
Spartan Johnny Hook-Inn wrote:Wait.... So all it took was for someone to point out a contradiction in the bible?

One that I couldn't explain, which hadn't happened yet.
I guess when it did I started accepting God's inexistence as a possibility, and then I started to think more rationally about the whole thing.

Spartan Johnny Hook-Inn wrote:Ah, so the actual point wasn't the whole reason for shunning you old beliefs - it merely acted as a conduit to doubt, and that doubt made you question the fundamental assumptions upon which your beliefs were based - which was something you hadn't done before.

Anonymous Boy wrote:Exactly.

Pekkle wrote:Well there you go.

That was about two months ago. :)

Funnily enough, the next post down is from the infamous Alex Knepper, known then as lostpainting, who was then a staunch atheist and is now an ardent Lutheran judging from his more recent Facebook posts. At the time, back in 2008, he wrote:
lostpainting wrote:Jesus, AB, if that was all it took to convince you...

I have like, a plethora of those little unanswerables.

Read Sam Harris' "Letter to a Christian Nation", please.

I actually came across a quote from Derek from from 7.5 years ago when looking this up :D:
Egregious wrote:Wow AB, you were religious? And someone actually changed your mind?

To which I replied:
Anonymous Boy wrote:Yes, I grew up in a loving orthodox Christian household and wasn't converted until Pekkle made me see the light when I was 19.
ImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 4272
+1s received: 908
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: How did you reconcile you religious belief about being gay ?

Unread postby Jzone » 3 November 2018, 20:33

I was raised in a Christian family — although I would call my parents Relaxed-Unorthodox Christians. By that I mean they had a pretty watered down doctrine: do unto others, express gratitude, be of service, turn the other cheek, invoke the Lord's Prayer once or twice a year, etc. Our church was mostly a weekly social scene, with a sermon to be endured in order to enjoy the fellowship afterwards. Potlucks were emphasized more than penance.

When it came time to be confirmed in the faith (at 13 years old), I took Bible study a little more seriously. As a result, I found I could not justify a belief in any god. That wasn't what the church had in mind for their confirmation class. I shopped around a bit at different congregations and cultural traditions, but came up unconvinced. I still showed up for fellowship or potlucks at my family's church sometimes and my parents were happy with that.

So the short story is: I never felt a conflict between my sexuality and religion. Once I outgrew the general sense that sex of any kind was bad, it didn't make a difference as long as it was between consenting adults.
Just an everyday boy Image doing everyday things
User avatar
Jzone
 
Posts: 615
+1s received: 773
Joined: 21 October 2017, 17:58
Location: USA, Washington State
Country: United States (us)

Re: How did you reconcile you religious belief about being gay ?

Unread postby poolerboy0077 » 3 November 2018, 21:03

René wrote:Funnily enough, the next post down is from the infamous Alex Knepper, known then as lostpainting, who was then a staunch atheist and is now an ardent Lutheran judging from his more recent Facebook posts.

Jesus that guy is a mess. :facepalm2: I wonder how he justifies it. What’s he up to these days?

René wrote:
Egregious wrote:Wow AB, you were religious? And someone actually changed your mind?

Aww. Egregious. :keke: Or should I say Egregorious. I miss all of your old user names. I’m glad I didn’t change mine to Erick when I moved here. I still get all tingly inside when someone I’ve known for a long time refers to me as pooler (or pewler). :3
Blow: "Nowadays even Liam can release an album of his screechy vocals and it'll probably go #1..."
Ramzus: I can admit that I'm horny just about 24/7
homomorphism: I used to not think your name was deshay and that Erick was just being racist
Hunter: sometimes I think I was literally born to be a pornstar
User avatar
poolerboy0077
 
Posts: 6824
+1s received: 1158
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:20
Country: United States (us)

Re: How did you reconcile you religious belief about being gay ?

Unread postby Gay-paul » 4 November 2018, 11:29

René wrote:As a Christian teenager I read a lot of the Bible and came to the conclusion that monogamous gay relationships were something Christ himself would not condemn. I actually wrote an essay to try to convince the minister at my church of this.

I don't think it convinced the minister, but it convinced my grandmother and at least one aunt, so I'm glad I did it. I have a big family and they're predominantly very Christian, but every single one of them has been nothing but kind and encouraging to me and Brenden :keke:

The issue became moot when I later lost my religious belief, but my essay really seems to have meant a lot to my grandma; she still mentions it sometimes :3


And what age you figured you are more attracted to men than women?
Gay-paul
 
Posts: 100
+1s received: 17
Joined: 3 November 2018, 13:26
Country: Poland (pl)

Re: How did you reconcile you religious belief about being gay ?

Unread postby René » 4 November 2018, 12:28

poolerboy0077 wrote:
René wrote:Funnily enough, the next post down is from the infamous Alex Knepper, known then as lostpainting, who was then a staunch atheist and is now an ardent Lutheran judging from his more recent Facebook posts.

Jesus that guy is a mess. :facepalm2: I wonder how he justifies it. What’s he up to these days?

Preaching. Still mostly about politics, though.

https://www.facebook.com/alex.knepper.505

Gay-paul wrote:
René wrote:As a Christian teenager I read a lot of the Bible and came to the conclusion that monogamous gay relationships were something Christ himself would not condemn. I actually wrote an essay to try to convince the minister at my church of this.

I don't think it convinced the minister, but it convinced my grandmother and at least one aunt, so I'm glad I did it. I have a big family and they're predominantly very Christian, but every single one of them has been nothing but kind and encouraging to me and Brenden :keke:

The issue became moot when I later lost my religious belief, but my essay really seems to have meant a lot to my grandma; she still mentions it sometimes :3

And what age you figured you are more attracted to men than women?

I was 14 when I got a crush on a male classmate and figured out that I'm attracted solely to men and not at all to women.

It was just like "OK, so I guess I'm gay. Cool. What's for dinner?"

Edit: I guess I'll repost this in the thread you made about this very question :keke:
ImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 4272
+1s received: 908
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: How did you reconcile you religious belief about being gay ?

Unread postby Brenden » 4 November 2018, 13:56

I didn’t and don’t have religious beliefs. Being raised by a mix of Protestants, Catholics, and a Wiccan, I discerned the hypocrisy and bullshit of religion, in particular of the organised variety.
ImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 6094
+1s received: 997
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: How did you reconcile you religious belief about being gay ?

Unread postby Tommiebee » 4 November 2018, 15:42

I was raised in a very strict protestant family. Sin was forbidden.
As a result I both repressed my feelings (about almost everything not just sex) but also lost my faith by my teens, when reason set hold.
Faith found me again - called is usually the word used - while I was in the Army.
I became a Roman Catholic.
I remain guided by faith and conscience to live my life in answer to my heart.
As I have stated elsewhere, no less than the Pope has stated that being gay is alright.
Yes under most scenarios acting on that is a sin.
But so is skipping Mass, eating or drinking too much, cursing, adultery, dishonesty and a host of other things.
It doesn't seem that one is necessarily much worse a sinner than another, unless you're talking blasphemy or murder.
So I am reconciled to being the best I can be, following my calling as an artist in the best way I know how.
I am a work in progress. I am so thankful for the opportunity to live my live my own way.
User avatar
Tommiebee
 
Posts: 163
+1s received: 120
Joined: 30 September 2018, 18:34
Country: United States (us)

Re: How did you reconcile you religious belief about being gay ?

Unread postby GearFetTwinkRomance » 4 November 2018, 18:00

I was brought up with very strict and punishing Catholics and have few distant Jew relatives, although these didn't interfere with the raising. I had doubts in religious beliefs rather early and early I went through the usual learning of self-hate and being seen as an abomination because of who I am and who my feelings go for, making me think of suicide as an assignment, sort of. Somehow though, I read a lot and questioned belief and the so proclaimed truth of it all. In the process of logical analysing I lost the faith and learnt, it's stories, only. Nonsense. Bullshit. It does not match to the things I observe in nature. There's nothing of all that love and mystery and great wonder, it did not show itself.

For a brief time, I tried some other beliefs like reincarnation, the "old way" ( Odin, Thor, Loki, Yggdrasil and stuff) , 1st Nation's shamanism, and found out the same over again. It's all but stories. Doesn't show any signs in reality. When grown, I'd drop out of Roman Catholic Church, discarding the whole faith to the realm of myths. By this I became a free man, see no need for religion, no need for belief, since all they brought upon me, would have lead me to kill myself for the sake of old stories and false ideas about nature.

Happy for guys like Brenden who didn't have to go down that lane! :thumbsup:
If ya want to hang with me, let's go windsurfing!
User avatar
GearFetTwinkRomance
 
Posts: 514
+1s received: 196
Joined: 8 January 2018, 10:08
Location: Seashore Baltic "dolphin bay"
Country: Germany (de)

Re: How did you reconcile you religious belief about being gay ?

Unread postby Eryx » 5 November 2018, 16:32

Around the time I was figuring out I was gay I was also going to Sunday school for my first communion. Everything the teacher told us about the Bible, the stories and the rituals felt like bullshit to me and I flat-out told her I was pretty sure I was an atheist. She asked me to just go through with it for my mom and then do what I want, which was exactly what I did. My mom was upset at first but she's fine now.

From the way I was brought up and the questions I made about life, I'm pretty sure I'd go the same path if I wasn't gay, but being gay definitely played a part in how I feel about religions in general. I also consider myself an agnostic nowadays.
Image

Image. Image
User avatar
Eryx
 
Posts: 1077
+1s received: 259
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:48
Location: Belo Horizonte, MG
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: How did you reconcile you religious belief about being gay ?

Unread postby Jaket403 » 5 November 2018, 18:32

I recently came out of the closet. One of the biggest things holding me back was my religion. It is tough to fully reconcile christianity with also being gay. One of the main things I hold onto is john 3:16 God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son. That so whoever believe in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. At the end of the day you salvation is between you and God. Underatand that at the end of the day NOONE who will be condemned or who will be saved. Only God knows that, sin is sin it doesnt matter how big or how small in Gods eyes a little white lie is just as sinful as murder. The way I see it is as long as one continues to pray and as long as you continue to believe that Jesus is the son of God and that he was sacrificed for your sins. Everything else will be determined at the gates of heaven. Try to live your best life as jesus did, and save everything else for the end of times. People will tell you the bible condemns the gays but not necessarily. I fully believe that the bible we read today is not the entirety of the bible God gave to the scribes way back when. The number one verse that people use to condemn gays is when God destroyed sodom and gomorrah, but if you do your reading on biblical translations you'll find that there are different scholars that believe the word was translated incorrectly. I went into more than I meant to, but just dont get caught up on the semantics just focus on following his commandments never stop praying and just know that no one knows anything for sure
Jaket403
 
Posts: 24
+1s received: 21
Joined: 6 July 2018, 15:48
Country: United States (us)

Re: How did you reconcile you religious belief about being gay ?

Unread postby mxguy01 » 5 November 2018, 18:52

I was raised Roman Catholic. Listening to the all that was being taught/preached I too "discerned the hypocrisy and bullshit of religion, in particular of the organised variety". However I say perhaps religion is good for those who have no morals of their own.
---
I love to travel but hate to arrive -- Albert Einstein
---
The only thing worse than an Did Not Finish (DNF) is an Did Not Start (DNS). ~~ Me
---
It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness. ~~ Chinese fortune cookie
User avatar
mxguy01
 
Posts: 3265
+1s received: 1471
Joined: 23 October 2017, 23:12
Location: NorCal
Country: United States (us)

Re: How did you reconcile you religious belief about being gay ?

Unread postby Jzone » 5 November 2018, 23:16

Jaket403 wrote:...never stop praying and just know that no one knows anything for sure

While I agree that no one knows anything for sure, I am interested in learning what people believe and why.

If you (anyone) have religious beliefs, why? Is it only because you were raised in a family with those beliefs?
Did you compare different religions and choose one? If so, what did you base your choice on?
Do you have reasons for your religious beliefs that are compelling over other religions?

Although we can certainly go through our days without giving religion (or other spiritual beliefs) a thought, I think these beliefs affect how we perceive and interact with the world.
Just an everyday boy Image doing everyday things
User avatar
Jzone
 
Posts: 615
+1s received: 773
Joined: 21 October 2017, 17:58
Location: USA, Washington State
Country: United States (us)

Re: How did you reconcile you religious belief about being gay ?

Unread postby Jaket403 » 5 November 2018, 23:51

Jzone wrote:
Jaket403 wrote:...never stop praying and just know that no one knows anything for sure

While I agree that no one knows anything for sure, I am interested in learning what people believe and why.

If you (anyone) have religious beliefs, why? Is it only because you were raised in a family with those beliefs?
Did you compare different religions and choose one? If so, what did you base your choice on?
Do you have reasons for your religious beliefs that are compelling over other religions?

Although we can certainly go through our days without giving religion (or other spiritual beliefs) a thought, I think these beliefs affect how we perceive and interact with the world.


I was raised Baptist and went to christian private school growing up. As a kid and a teenager you simply believe what your parents tell you to believe. As I got older I started to examine why I believe what I believe. For me it was just where I felt comfortable, and simply made me feel better, it made the unbearable seem bearable eventually I made the decision for myself after exploring other religions and ideaologies. And it all goes back to no one really knows, it's just what you believe. There is no real compelling argument to believe or not believe only what you choose. You choose to belie e in something or you dont. You choose to have faith or not. And you are 100 percent correct, what you believe totally effects your world view and it can effect how you interact with those around you for better or worse... that's just my 2 cents
Jaket403
 
Posts: 24
+1s received: 21
Joined: 6 July 2018, 15:48
Country: United States (us)

Re: How did you reconcile you religious belief about being gay ?

Unread postby rogonandi » 6 November 2018, 00:50

Considering that my mom renounced her faith and my dad thinks of that whole institution as a form of cult behaviour, I haven’t had to worry much about any kind of spirituality myself.

Oh yeah, and there’s the matter of not seeing anything scary after I died...
People love to follow fools; they don't feel so alone then.
User avatar
rogonandi
 
Posts: 1025
+1s received: 619
Joined: 12 May 2016, 10:02
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada (ca)

Re: How did you reconcile you religious belief about being gay ?

Unread postby acpro » 7 November 2018, 00:26

René wrote:
poolerboy0077 wrote:Do you still have the essay? Can we read it?

Also, give credit where credit is due. You became a heathen due to Pekkle. I wonder where he is now. But I forget, what did he tell you that finally convinced you to let go of the belief?

I'm sure I do (I have computer documents going as far back as the late 90s), but I doubt you can read it as it is in Dutch. :)

I wonder where she is now. :runaway:

To answer your question, I don't know exactly (but then, I don't make an effort to remember things that can easily be looked up). GTF to the rescue! :awesome:

I posted a summary for Spartan Johnny Hook-Inn (I wonder where he is now too... another one of those damned Australians who slip off your radar) 10 years ago, in 2008:

René wrote:http://gayteenforum.org/viewtopic.php?p=28528#p28528:

Spartan Johnny Hook-Inn wrote:And speaking of the devil, we still haven't heard exactly why (other than who for) AB changed his mind. Hmm.

Pekkle wrote:Well he didn't really change "for me", he was really resistant at first.

I first asked him why he believed in god, he told me it was because he was doubting at one point and prayed for a sign (specifically that he would get an assignment from some company, which was pretty rare) and it came true.

I pointed out how irrational this was, and he admitted his faith was irrational, but he still believed. You know how a lot of christians claim faith lies outside of logic and stuff? He was kind of like that, which really pisses me off. Anyway.

I then argued to him, using an example from one of Jesus's parables "The Good Samaritan", pointing out that the vanilla "evil comes from adam and eve's failing" doesn't apply to, say, children with cancer, and then pointing out we are expected to heal and care for people, but that god doesn't, despite being apparently willing and able.
God doesn't heal babies born with cancer (and children do not inherit the sins of their fathers, according to the bible, children are born without sin.)

Basically the quote from Epicurus sums it up:

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malovent.

Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?"


So basically he tells me I pointed out his faith was irrational, and that if god does exist he is a hypocrite.

He went to a few christian forums and I did too, asking if they could resolve my Good Samaritan "hypocrisy", and we didn't find any convincing answer, so he gave up his faith.

Spartan Johnny Hook-Inn wrote:Wait.... So all it took was for someone to point out a contradiction in the bible?

Pekkle wrote:I don't think it was so much but a contradiction in his view of god compared to the reality of the world.

God loves us, he has infinite power.

He shouldn't be expected to fix all our mistakes, otherwise how would we grow? A man without suffering is shallow and fickle, etc...

Yet babies who die from sickness and deformations, not caused at all by any mistake on humanities part, that cannot be attributed to our failing in anyway, are not healed by him, and he was unable to find any justification for this other than

1. God doesn't exist.
2. God doesn't heal sick children for some reason.

And whilst many christians would take the second possibility, and then claim that "God works in mysterious ways" I was able to point out that the bible expects us to do our best to heal others, while god does not, leading to the conclusion that he is a hypocrite.

Anonymous Boy wrote:
Spartan Johnny Hook-Inn wrote:Wait.... So all it took was for someone to point out a contradiction in the bible?

One that I couldn't explain, which hadn't happened yet.
I guess when it did I started accepting God's inexistence as a possibility, and then I started to think more rationally about the whole thing.

Spartan Johnny Hook-Inn wrote:Ah, so the actual point wasn't the whole reason for shunning you old beliefs - it merely acted as a conduit to doubt, and that doubt made you question the fundamental assumptions upon which your beliefs were based - which was something you hadn't done before.

Anonymous Boy wrote:Exactly.

Pekkle wrote:Well there you go.

That was about two months ago. :)

Funnily enough, the next post down is from the infamous Alex Knepper, known then as lostpainting, who was then a staunch atheist and is now an ardent Lutheran judging from his more recent Facebook posts. At the time, back in 2008, he wrote:
lostpainting wrote:Jesus, AB, if that was all it took to convince you...

I have like, a plethora of those little unanswerables.

Read Sam Harris' "Letter to a Christian Nation", please.

I actually came across a quote from Derek from from 7.5 years ago when looking this up :D:
Egregious wrote:Wow AB, you were religious? And someone actually changed your mind?

To which I replied:
Anonymous Boy wrote:Yes, I grew up in a loving orthodox Christian household and wasn't converted until Pekkle made me see the light when I was 19.


Did pekkle transition?
User avatar
acpro
 
Posts: 2035
+1s received: 279
Joined: 23 December 2012, 05:18
Country: United States (us)

Next

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], CommonCrawl [Bot], EleniDoSorto66, erti, mxguy01, poolerboy0077, Seznam [Bot], Szymonnikt, Toddo, Tommiebee and 38 guests