LGBT obsession with sex, race and nudity

Talk about anything and everything.

LGBT obsession with sex, race and nudity

Unread postby PandaBoo » 29 September 2019, 11:00

Most of the time when I read topics concerning LGBT matters, I see pictures of half naked/almost naked Caucasian men smeared all over articles, magazines, web-pages and so on. It's just too much.

Gay pride events are super embarrassing. I just cannot take it seriously, nor do I expect anyone else to take it seriously. What do pride events actually achieve? Does it make vulnerable LGBT individuals feel safe? Does it improve their quality of life? Yes it does raise awareness, but what kind of awareness for the average person? Why is the LGBT community so obsessed with sex and nakedness? What is the point? Is it an excuse to have a party, block traffic and be a pest in general?

Furthermore, these are only a minority of people that claim to speak on behalf of all LGBT people. A small minority who are obsessed with appearances and categorising everyone in pointless groups. It's so superficial that it makes me want to puke.

Even the topic of races gets brought into the equation. Why do people feel the need to advertise they don't date X Y Z? It's fine to have a preference, but don't flatter yourself; there are not queues of ethnic guys desperately wanting to get into the bed with you. Who cares if Caucasian men don't like ethnic people? Why point that out? If you get approached by someone you don't like, just say you're not interested in them physically. Why bring skin colour into the matter? What is so special about skin colour? And save the excuse that they are trying to save time by putting up such notices. It is so arrogant.

Honestly the LGBT western community have really ruined everything. They turned LGBT people into a complete joke. The hyper focus on gay marriage and all that. Who cares? Don't be so self-absorbed. There are LGBT people getting killed, tortured and harassed on a daily basis. What about them? You think dancing on the streets like a bunch of lunatics and playing loud music is going to achieve something helpful? No sense of prioritisation whatsoever.

:keke:
Please note the message above was written by a troll who has since been banned.
-The Management
PandaBoo
 
Posts: 64
+1s received: 4
Joined: 28 September 2019, 21:06
Location: West Midlands, UK
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: LGBT obsession with sex, race and nudity

Unread postby Capt._Trips » 29 September 2019, 14:49

Marriage is a very different topic of discussion. As it focuses on equility and legal protection.

Just don't pay attention to the rest of all that. There are plenty of members In the gay community that prefer to keep there sexuality as a small part of them. And don't flaunt it or advertise there sexuality

I have no interest in ever going to a gay parade so I just don't go. I don't hate on guy's that do but it's just not my scene.

And keep in mind that there are shallow people in every race and sexuality. You will find race and Body type brought up as preferences everywhere you look. Not just In the gay community.
Formerly Victor_Lazslo
"We are stardust, we are golden." Joni Mitchell

"Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me,
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been."_____ the grateful dead.

Edna St. Vincent Millay — 'My candle burns at both ends;It will not last the night; But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends—It gives a lovely light!'
User avatar
Capt._Trips
 
Posts: 3226
+1s received: 2083
Joined: 30 September 2017, 16:43
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States (us)

Re: LGBT obsession with sex, race and nudity

Unread postby Eryx » 29 September 2019, 15:44

I think you're spending too much time worrying about these things.

Pride is there because it's fun, and that's enough reason for it. Rio's mayor tried to censor a Marvel comic that had a gay kiss in it during a book fair. They were going to confiscate all the books and return them only under the condition that they were sold inside a black bag.

Some YouTuber dude bought all the comics before the police came to take them away, and then distributed them for free outside the event.

A week after, it was the Rio LGBT Pride Parade. For this time, it served the purpose of shoving it into the evangelical mayor's face that Rio is a gay city, internationally so, and that there are a lot of citizens brandishing the flag and challenging his behavior. For lots of young kids out there in São Paulo's pride parade, the biggest in the world, that shows them there are a lot of gay men in South America and that things are going to get better, pride is only going to get bigger.

You make of the event what you want. It's there because it's our free zone to be whoever we want to. To show affection freely and feel truly liberated to act how we've always wanted to act. If you have quarrels with it, simply don't go.

The ethnicity thing isn't something I have to deal with because that's non-existent in Brazil.

As for the people being persecuted, there are a lot of NGOs out there, in places like Russia and Iran and Egypt, doing the work you're demanding. They are in the front lines trying to change laws, protect refugees and assist those who suffer the real homophobia. Are we going to ignore them now?
Image

Image Image

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
— Harlan Ellison
User avatar
Eryx
 
Posts: 2067
+1s received: 1018
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:48
Location: Belo Horizonte, MG
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: LGBT obsession with sex, race and nudity

Unread postby NvM » 29 September 2019, 15:49

you see the straight sex on every street as advert. We are just so used to seeing it.

yes the race thing is shallow

gay married couples are by nature less out there.
NvM
 
Posts: 102
+1s received: 26
Joined: 3 August 2019, 16:43
Location: 5280

Re: LGBT obsession with sex, race and nudity

Unread postby PandaBoo » 29 September 2019, 16:25

Eryx wrote:I think you're spending too much time worrying about these things.


Incorrect. I'm not worried about any of these issues, nor do I significantly dwell of them. However, I have taken an interest in this topic and would like to discuss it.

Pride is there because it's fun, and that's enough reason for it.


Fun might be a factor, but for the AVERAGE PERSON they assume such events represent the entire LGBT community, when it doesn't. There is nothing fun about advocating against the persecution of vulnerable individuals. Being all pink, rainbow and glitter about it is quite insulting IMO.

Do you think anyone would take animal rights and feminism seriously if they were throwing a party in the middle of the road?

A week after, it was the Rio LGBT Pride Parade. For this time, it served the purpose of shoving it into the evangelical mayor's face that Rio is a gay city, internationally so, and that there are a lot of citizens brandishing the flag and challenging his behavior. For lots of young kids out there in São Paulo's pride parade, the biggest in the world, that shows them there are a lot of gay men in South America and that things are going to get better, pride is only going to get bigger.


This is all rhetoric. Pride events do not significantly improve the quality of life for any LGBT individual, especially on a practical level. What does it actually achieve apart from being fun and having an excuse to have a party on the streets? It is a waste of time and makes some of us look like circus freaks.

Yes raising false hope, equivalent to that of the Obama campaign.

You make of the event what you want. It's there because it's our free zone to be whoever we want to. To show affection freely and feel truly liberated to act how we've always wanted to act. If you have quarrels with it, simply don't go.


Of course, people can do whatever they want. I'm not the type of person who would use brute force to compel people to behave in the manner in which I deem to be civil and appropriate. However, I'm free to comment on it and rather not be associated with such nonsense.

The ethnicity thing isn't something I have to deal with because that's non-existent in Brazil.


You speak of behalf of Brazil? Are you suggesting that since this is a matter that does not affect you personally, that racial issues do not exist?

How do you know ethnicity is not an issue in Brazil? A quick google search would indicate otherwise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_Brazil

^ Please view the section titled Conducted Research.

:english:
Please note the message above was written by a troll who has since been banned.
-The Management
PandaBoo
 
Posts: 64
+1s received: 4
Joined: 28 September 2019, 21:06
Location: West Midlands, UK
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: LGBT obsession with sex, race and nudity

Unread postby Eryx » 29 September 2019, 17:04

Wow, you're pretentious. I don't care if you don't like the pride parades. In the same way you can't make them go away, nobody who likes to go is forced to please you.

I reiterate: don't like it, don't go. The LGBT as a collective isn't going to listen to you and say, "Oh, that makes sense!" because honestly it doesn't. I don't care about what feminists or PETA decide to do with their day.

If you don't want to be associated with it, simply don't. When people ask about gay parades after you tell them you're gay, you can be that annoying little faggot that says "Oh, I don't go to that trash, I'm above it. My label doesn't define me. Nyeah nyah nyah!!"

As for the race stuff, all I was saying is that there are no Brazilians who advertise themselves on apps, websites or in real life that say "White only" or "No Asians." That simply doesn't happen here. Obviously, there's racism in our society, it just doesn't tend to affect gay men's preferences. Your straw man of an argument is just silly.

Fuck off with that emoticon, I don't know you enough to sympathize with your indulgence.
Image

Image Image

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
— Harlan Ellison
User avatar
Eryx
 
Posts: 2067
+1s received: 1018
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:48
Location: Belo Horizonte, MG
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: LGBT obsession with sex, race and nudity

Unread postby PandaBoo » 29 September 2019, 17:25

Eryx wrote:In the same way you can't make them go away, nobody who likes to go is forced to please you.


I'm not suggesting that people should please me. I'm offering my opinion on a particular public matter. I'm expressing myself in relation to that public issue. If it was an issue that occurred in a private dwelling, then I would remain silent.

I reiterate: don't like it, don't go. The LGBT as a collective isn't going to listen to you and say, "Oh, that makes sense!" because honestly it doesn't. I don't care about what feminists or PETA decide to do with their day.


It is not about attending. It is about a particular group of people speaking on behalf of everyone else, regardless of whether it is intentional or not.

I did not mention PETA. Overall feminists and animal rights group take their subject seriously and do not resort to having a public party.

If you don't want to be associated with it, simply don't. When people ask about gay parades after you tell them you're gay, you can be that annoying little faggot that says "Oh, I don't go to that trash, I'm above it. My label doesn't define me. Nyeah nyah nyah!!"


It is not about me. It is the perception of the average person that concerns me. Average people are likely to equate the entire LGBT community with gay pride marches.

As for the race stuff, all I was saying is that there are no Brazilians who advertise themselves on apps, websites or in real life that say "White only" or "No Asians." That simply doesn't happen here. Obviously, there's racism in our society, it just doesn't tend to affect gay men's preferences. Your straw man of an argument is just silly.


That's pleasing to hear that you have no seen any racism whilst on a conquest to satisfy your primitive desires. However, my point still stands, in relation to your previous points. There are racial issues in Brazil (please refer to wiki source). Therefore, it would not be a significant leap of faith to come to the conclusion there will be racial LGBT issues in Brazil.

Besides it appears you are guilty of speaking on behalf of LGBT ethnic Brazilians. Now I'm curious. What makes you so confident that LGBT ethnic Brazilians individual do not face racism? Is it based purely on your own experience?

:|
Please note the message above was written by a troll who has since been banned.
-The Management
PandaBoo
 
Posts: 64
+1s received: 4
Joined: 28 September 2019, 21:06
Location: West Midlands, UK
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: LGBT obsession with sex, race and nudity

Unread postby Eryx » 29 September 2019, 17:41

Here we go again with the straws! But alright. If you don't care about it, don't want to change anything in it, and won't change your mind about it, then why going through the hassle of creating a thread? There must be some part of you that is passionate about this, or else what are we even doing here?

I never said there wasn't racism in Brazil and you know it, unless I'm overestimating your interpretation skills. But no, my worldview, especially pertaining Brazil, is broader than my own experiences because I'm invested in reading about it, keeping up with the news and being empathetic towards my friends and relatives who had different paths in their lives. I think I can speak for more than my own personal corners.

Seeing as this issue doesn't matter to you, and that you're making way too much of an effort to get to me rather than talking about what you yourself took the initiative to discuss, I think I'm going to end it here. This has been a lovely first conversation!
Image

Image Image

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
— Harlan Ellison
User avatar
Eryx
 
Posts: 2067
+1s received: 1018
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:48
Location: Belo Horizonte, MG
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: LGBT obsession with sex, race and nudity

Unread postby Derek » 29 September 2019, 17:43

All right, I'll take a crack at this.

PandaBoo wrote:Most of the time when I read topics concerning LGBT matters, I see pictures of half naked/almost naked Caucasian men smeared all over articles, magazines, web-pages and so on. It's just too much.

Why is it too much? Why does nudity upset you?

PandaBoo wrote:Gay pride events are super embarrassing. I just cannot take it seriously, nor do I expect anyone else to take it seriously. What do pride events actually achieve? Does it make vulnerable LGBT individuals feel safe? Does it improve their quality of life?

Yes, it does. Most straight people fundamentally don't get Pride.

Gay people grow up lonely and hating themselves. It takes years to get over these feelings. Having a fun dumb party where no one has any obligation to feel self-conscious is the perfect antidote.

PandaBoo wrote:Furthermore, these are only a minority of people that claim to speak on behalf of all LGBT people. A small minority who are obsessed with appearances and categorising everyone in pointless groups. It's so superficial that it makes me want to puke.

Why does that make you want to puke? I'm not really sure what you're talking about. It sounds like it's your issue, not theirs.

PandaBoo wrote:Even the topic of races gets brought into the equation. Why do people feel the need to advertise they don't date X Y Z? It's fine to have a preference, but don't flatter yourself; there are not queues of ethnic guys desperately wanting to get into the bed with you. Who cares if Caucasian men don't like ethnic people? Why point that out? If you get approached by someone you don't like, just say you're not interested in them physically. Why bring skin colour into the matter? What is so special about skin colour? And save the excuse that they are trying to save time by putting up such notices. It is so arrogant.

What does racial prejudice have to do specifically with the LGBT community?

PandaBoo wrote:Honestly the LGBT western community have really ruined everything. They turned LGBT people into a complete joke. The hyper focus on gay marriage and all that. Who cares? Don't be so self-absorbed. There are LGBT people getting killed, tortured and harassed on a daily basis. What about them? You think dancing on the streets like a bunch of lunatics and playing loud music is going to achieve something helpful? No sense of prioritisation whatsoever.

If those LGBT people getting killed and tortured were able to have Pride parades, then they obviously would have progressed beyond that point already. What are we supposed to do for them? What are we taking away from them by living our lives in our own countries? Why are you connecting these things in your mind?
User avatar
Derek
 
Posts: 5506
+1s received: 1579
Joined: 21 December 2012, 02:12
Country: United States (us)

Re: LGBT obsession with sex, race and nudity

Unread postby PandaBoo » 29 September 2019, 18:03

Derek wrote:Why is it too much? Why does nudity upset you?


Not upsetting. LGBT matters need to be taken seriously. Nudity is a distraction. It could be visually pleasing for some viewers, but it reduces seriousness of the core subject that need to be discussed.

Gay people grow up lonely and hating themselves. It takes years to get over these feelings. Having a fun dumb party where no one has any obligation to feel self-conscious is the perfect antidote.


And that is fine. Have a party, but many LGBT individuals are being associated with such party. I don't want to be associated with rainbows, pink, sex and nudity, thank you very much.

Why does that make you want to puke? I'm not really sure what you're talking about. It sounds like it's your issue, not theirs.


I find is disgusting that such events are dis-proportionality focused on sex. By categories I'm referring to bears, twinks, Asians so on. It's incredibly superficial and disgusting. It becomes my issue when gay pride events, which is hyper focused on sex, claim to speak on my behalf.

If you really don't understand this, then... :|

What does racial prejudice have to do specifically with the LGBT community?


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in ... _community
Please note the message above was written by a troll who has since been banned.
-The Management
PandaBoo
 
Posts: 64
+1s received: 4
Joined: 28 September 2019, 21:06
Location: West Midlands, UK
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: LGBT obsession with sex, race and nudity

Unread postby PandaBoo » 29 September 2019, 18:09

Eryx wrote:I never said there wasn't racism in Brazil and you know it, unless I'm overestimating your interpretation skills. But no, my worldview, especially pertaining Brazil, is broader than my own experiences because I'm invested in reading about it, keeping up with the news and being empathetic towards my friends and relatives who had different paths in their lives. I think I can speak for more than my own personal corners.


Earlier you said this:

The ethnicity thing isn't something I have to deal with because that's non-existent in Brazil.
Please note the message above was written by a troll who has since been banned.
-The Management
PandaBoo
 
Posts: 64
+1s received: 4
Joined: 28 September 2019, 21:06
Location: West Midlands, UK
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: LGBT obsession with sex, race and nudity

Unread postby Derek » 29 September 2019, 18:23

PandaBoo wrote:Not upsetting. LGBT matters need to be taken seriously. Nudity is a distraction. It could be visually pleasing for some viewers, but it reduces seriousness of the core subject that need to be discussed.

You are stuck with an outsider's perspective. The idea of Pride is to make gay people comfortable with ourselves, not straight people comfortable with us. Sex is inherent to our identities - it's what makes us different from them. The whole discussion around LGBT issues is a cultural process, not a suit-and-tie forum.

By the way, lots of gay guys aren't into the whole scene, including a fair number of folks here. But we understand that Pride isn't a membership-based charter acting as a liaison between us and the rest of society. We all want the right to speak for ourselves, and part of that is understanding when others are not claiming to speak for us.

And that is fine. Have a party, but many LGBT individuals are being associated with such party. I don't want to be associated with rainbows, pink, sex and nudity, thank you very much.

That's not unusual. I have no desire to go to Pride. But I understand why it's important and why it matters, and I don't judge people for having fun.

I find is disgusting that such events are dis-proportionality focused on sex. By categories I'm referring to bears, twinks, Asians so on. It's incredibly superficial and disgusting. It becomes my issue when gay pride events, which is hyper focused on sex, claim to speak on my behalf.

If you really don't understand this, then... :|

This is a child's attitude. No one is claiming to speak on your behalf. You're getting upset because you're projecting your own attitudes on a bunch of people who are just living their own lives.

Think of it this way. If a straight guy goes around assuming every gay person he sees is a sex-crazed maniac who has only surfaced to travel between BDSM sex dungeons, then that straight person is an asshole. Sure, some gay people are like that, but some straight people are too. Only assholes judge individuals according to the groups they belong to. A smart straight person understands that Pride is one face of a subculture.

Furthermore, he doesn't look down on people if they are sex-crazed maniacs. There are far worse things to be.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

Society is racist as hell. What is your specific concern?
User avatar
Derek
 
Posts: 5506
+1s received: 1579
Joined: 21 December 2012, 02:12
Country: United States (us)

Re: LGBT obsession with sex, race and nudity

Unread postby PandaBoo » 29 September 2019, 18:38

Derek wrote:The idea of Pride is to make gay people comfortable with ourselves, not straight people comfortable with us


I disagree. The purpose of LGBT activities to make all people to understand us and feel comfortable with us. Pride does not achieve that.

You're getting upset because you're projecting your own attitudes on a bunch of people who are just living their own lives.


Incorrect. Since I'm gay I am being associated with a group that does not truly represent me. In fact, they take it a step further to deliberately exclude me. I'm not white, not obsessed with sex and not forever focused on nudity.

A smart straight person understands that Pride is one face of a subculture.


Incorrect. Most people on average do not look beyond superficiality. Subconscious plays a strong role here. Implicit biases are strong and very powerful. Just like how you are taking my posts on face-value by suggesting I'm upset.
Please note the message above was written by a troll who has since been banned.
-The Management
PandaBoo
 
Posts: 64
+1s received: 4
Joined: 28 September 2019, 21:06
Location: West Midlands, UK
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: LGBT obsession with sex, race and nudity

Unread postby Derek » 29 September 2019, 19:00

PandaBoo wrote:I disagree. The purpose of LGBT activities to make all people to understand us and feel comfortable with us. Pride does not achieve that.

I could not disagree more. Pride isn't the thing that won us marriage equality. How could it? Most straight people think like you.

In actual fact, LGBT equality is a function of the closet, plain and simple. Straight people have a much easier time hating an abstraction than they have hating their own children and neighbors. When it comes to equality, the only thing that matters is that gay people feel comfortable enough with themselves to come out and endure the consequences.

Pride is a part of this. It's not as relevant now as it was decades ago, but there was a time when closeted gay people never got to see that there were others out there, or that it was possible to live openly and happily.

Incorrect. Since I'm gay I am being associated with a group that does not truly represent me. In fact, they take it a step further to deliberately exclude me. I'm not white, not obsessed with sex and not forever focused on nudity.

The attitude that you're projecting is the one where you assume everyone is a representative of their group.

Did you hear about the recent "Straight Pride Parade" in Boston? The event was rightfully condemned, but one thing you didn't see was straight people out on an apology tour. They didn't assume that the marchers in this event spoke for straight people as a group, and they weren't worried about the damage it would inflict to the image of heterosexuality. Why should we hold ourselves to a different standard?

Incorrect. Most people on average do not look beyond superficiality. Subconscious plays a strong role here. Implicit biases are strong and very powerful.

You're right that that describes most people on average. But that's why I said a smart straight person looks beyond that. Part of being a mature, intelligent person is tackling your biases and making an effort to treat everyone fairly. The ones who can't are irrelevant and unworthy of our attention. Why are you trying to align yourself with them?

Just like how you are taking my posts on face-value by suggesting I'm upset.

You said you wanted to puke, bro.
User avatar
Derek
 
Posts: 5506
+1s received: 1579
Joined: 21 December 2012, 02:12
Country: United States (us)

Re: LGBT obsession with sex, race and nudity

Unread postby PandaBoo » 29 September 2019, 19:20

Derek wrote:Most straight people think like you.


Actually I'm putting myself in their situation and their opinion concerns me because they are the majority. It will be people like me, ethnic and gay who will deal with their displeasure towards LGBT issues.

The attitude that you're projecting is the one where you assume everyone is a representative of their group.


That is the average person.

You said you wanted to puke, bro.


Yes sex and nudity can be disgusting.

The issue is that a small number of LGBT people are misrepresenting the majority. These are usually gay white men who are overly focused on sex, race and nudity and want the entire world to revolve around them and their issues. I guess WW1, WW2, Cold War, financing of dictators in the Middle East, global economic and media dominance will not suffice. That is my fundamental problem. It is quite a selfish platform to adopt. If you suggest that dancing on the streets half naked whilst blocking traffic and causing major logistical issues is progression, then... :squint:

Even this forum, some members cannot go a day without thinking about sex. How primitive. :monocle:

EDIT:

I forgot to mention. Promoting sex constantly is not good. Look at the amount of STDs that are rife in the LGBT community, despite attempting to be all incognito.

Like I said earlier it is a very selfish platform to take where the road to fulling your primitive desires takes precedent to the point where diseases are spread and puts excessive amount of pressure on healthcare institutions.
Last edited by PandaBoo on 29 September 2019, 19:25, edited 1 time in total.
Please note the message above was written by a troll who has since been banned.
-The Management
PandaBoo
 
Posts: 64
+1s received: 4
Joined: 28 September 2019, 21:06
Location: West Midlands, UK
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: LGBT obsession with sex, race and nudity

Unread postby poolerboy0077 » 29 September 2019, 19:24

inCoRrEcT....AkSHuLly...... Christ. I knew there was such a thing as a punchable face but you’ve managed to stir the same emotion for random text. Talk about a walking talking waste of breath.
Blow: "Nowadays even Liam can release an album of his screechy vocals and it'll probably go #1..."
Ramzus: I can admit that I'm horny just about 24/7
homomorphism: I used to not think your name was deshay and that Erick was just being racist
Hunter: sometimes I think I was literally born to be a pornstar
User avatar
poolerboy0077
 
Posts: 7975
+1s received: 1721
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:20
Country: United States (us)

Re: LGBT obsession with sex, race and nudity

Unread postby PandaBoo » 29 September 2019, 19:29

poolerboy0077 wrote:inCoRrEcT....AkSHuLly...... Christ. I knew there was such a thing as a punchable face but you’ve managed to stir the same emotion for random text. Talk about a walking talking waste of breath.


Unfortunately, you have to learn that not everyone in this world is going to agree with you. Being exposed to diverse views is healthy. You should develop your tolerance for people who think differently without resorting to personal insults or violence. :) But that is the mentality that exists in America. An echo chamber...

Besides judging your posts it appears you have nothing significant contribute either, but of course I thank you for posting. :nod:

In fact, I doubt you have the mental capacity to actually read what I have posted without bias. I suggest you get therapy if this was too much for you.
Last edited by PandaBoo on 29 September 2019, 19:32, edited 1 time in total.
Please note the message above was written by a troll who has since been banned.
-The Management
PandaBoo
 
Posts: 64
+1s received: 4
Joined: 28 September 2019, 21:06
Location: West Midlands, UK
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: LGBT obsession with sex, race and nudity

Unread postby poolerboy0077 » 29 September 2019, 19:31

Sick of nerds, the jocks tried to warn us.
Blow: "Nowadays even Liam can release an album of his screechy vocals and it'll probably go #1..."
Ramzus: I can admit that I'm horny just about 24/7
homomorphism: I used to not think your name was deshay and that Erick was just being racist
Hunter: sometimes I think I was literally born to be a pornstar
User avatar
poolerboy0077
 
Posts: 7975
+1s received: 1721
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:20
Country: United States (us)

Re: LGBT obsession with sex, race and nudity

Unread postby Jzone » 29 September 2019, 19:41

What I don't understand, Boo, is why you think people at Pride events think they represent you. Yes, part of their goal may be to promote LGBT issues in general but I have never considered them to represent me. While there are simple-minded people who will judge all LGBT's based on what they see at a Pride parade, you don't have to do the same. Extremes always exist, and they make the rest of us more palatable to those who fear.

People have a tribal mentality. We all need to identify as part of some group: gamers, Catholics, historic re-enactors, Yankee fans, whatever. People who throw tail-gate parties and go shirtless with body paint of their team colors don't represent all of the fans of that team. When I watch a 4th of July parade, much of what I see doesn't represent my personal patriotism but I don't get bent out of shape about it. Special events like Pride reinforce tribal identity.

I have never been to a big Pride event and I don't plan on it. Honestly, most people I prefer never to see in leather bdsm gear or thongs of any color. I prefer not to be around strangers who are comfortable expressing themselves that way in public. That's just me.

As far as your race objection goes, I assume you are referring to profiles on apps like Grindr. People can be very particular about their sexual preferences, so why not be open about it? We're talking about attractions, not racial discrimination. There are plenty of guys I would hire for work who I would not want sex with, based on their appearance alone. Guys also post that they are top or bottom only. Is that also a problem?

EDIT:

PandaBoo wrote:Even this forum, some members cannot go a day without thinking about sex. How primitive. :monocle:

You should know that you come across as pretentious and immature. I certainly wouldn't want you representing me in any way.
Last edited by Jzone on 29 September 2019, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
Just an everyday boyImageImagedoing everyday things
User avatar
Jzone
 
Posts: 855
+1s received: 994
Joined: 21 October 2017, 17:58
Location: USA, Washington State
Country: United States (us)

Re: LGBT obsession with sex, race and nudity

Unread postby Derek » 29 September 2019, 19:44

PandaBoo wrote:Actually I'm putting myself in their situation and their opinion concerns me because they are the majority. It will be people like me, ethnic and gay who will deal with their displeasure towards LGBT issues.

The only reason you, an ethnic gay man, even have a shot of living a liberated life is because of all the people who fought for equality in spite of the abject scorn and hostility of society at large.

That is the average person.

Do you consider yourself average?

Yes sex and nudity can be disgusting.

That is your personal hang-up.

The issue is that a small number of LGBT people are misrepresenting the majority. These are usually gay white men who are overly focused on sex, race and nudity and want the entire world to revolve around them and their issues. I guess WW1, WW2, Cold War, financing of dictators in the Middle East, global economic and media dominance will not suffice. That is my fundamental problem. It is quite a selfish platform to adopt. If you suggest that dancing on the streets half naked whilst blocking traffic and causing major logistical issues is progression, then... :squint:

What do gay rights have to do with WW1 and WW2?

Like I said earlier it is a very selfish platform to take where the road to fulling your primitive desires takes precedent to the point where diseases are spread and puts excessive amount of pressure on healthcare institutions.

Do you think the whole purpose of the LGBT equality movement is to have unprotected sex?
User avatar
Derek
 
Posts: 5506
+1s received: 1579
Joined: 21 December 2012, 02:12
Country: United States (us)

Next

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: Botanical Boy, Brenden, CommonCrawl [Bot], GaySpacePirateKing, Google [Bot], MSN [Bot], NvM and 60 guests