What are you doing right now?

Talk about anything and everything.

Re: What are you doing right now?

Unread postby WillyVanilly » 12 June 2021, 03:04

Watching a movie set in 1984 and I am loving the aesthetics : crazy big hair on girls, jean jackets, 2 door sporty cars, synth music, and men wearing shorts that show off those upper legs.
User avatar
WillyVanilly
 
Posts: 11
Joined: 16 May 2021, 00:46
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you doing right now?

Unread postby McTaggartfan » 12 June 2021, 18:15

I am attempting to discern, on the basis of a priori considerations, whether one person can be directly aware of the mental states (or experiences) of another. So far, the various points I've considered span five pages and yet I've found nothing conclusive that would sway me toward one or another alternative. It's frustrating and I'm starting to worry I won't be able to discover any decisive arguments for either side. I'll probably continue to explore the question for another four or five hours before I give up (for the time being, that is).
User avatar
McTaggartfan
 
Posts: 493
+1s received: 202
Joined: 7 February 2021, 02:12
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you doing right now?

Unread postby Severelius » 14 June 2021, 15:43

Trying to work out who I'm going to bet on and how for Wimbledon.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 4889
+1s received: 1268
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you doing right now?

Unread postby rogonandi » 15 June 2021, 06:01

Winding down from computer work, possibly eating ice cream that is unfortunately not strawberry. I did get a big graphic thing finished for the game.
Image
rogonandi
 
Posts: 2108
+1s received: 1403
Joined: 12 May 2016, 10:02
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada (ca)

Re: What are you doing right now?

Unread postby Severelius » 23 June 2021, 14:35

The urge to try learning another language is back so I'm taking time to whittle down the list of ones I'd quite like to learn by eliminating those that are too hard or that are are objectively pointless for me to know for any reason.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 4889
+1s received: 1268
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you doing right now?

Unread postby Mr_Understood » 23 June 2021, 14:57

Getting into the finishing touches on my Batman: Arkham Series Iceberg Chart.

Severelius wrote:The urge to try learning another language is back so I'm taking time to whittle down the list of ones I'd quite like to learn by eliminating those that are too hard or that are are objectively pointless for me to know for any reason.


You should study German so I'll finally have someone to talk to :3
"They call me Mister Understood cause no one understands me"
User avatar
Mr_Understood
 
Posts: 34
+1s received: 15
Joined: 3 June 2021, 14:03

Re: What are you doing right now?

Unread postby Severelius » 23 June 2021, 14:59

Mr_Understood wrote:
Severelius wrote:The urge to try learning another language is back so I'm taking time to whittle down the list of ones I'd quite like to learn by eliminating those that are too hard or that are are objectively pointless for me to know for any reason.

You should study German so I'll finally have someone to talk to :3

That is one that remains on the potential list. As I am part German and its the only foreign language I've ever had any formal education in at any point.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 4889
+1s received: 1268
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you doing right now?

Unread postby rogonandi » 24 June 2021, 01:21

I’m going to Walmart to get some treats!

So there.
Image
rogonandi
 
Posts: 2108
+1s received: 1403
Joined: 12 May 2016, 10:02
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada (ca)

Re: What are you doing right now?

Unread postby Brenden » 24 June 2021, 09:58

Severelius wrote:
Mr_Understood wrote:
Severelius wrote:The urge to try learning another language is back so I'm taking time to whittle down the list of ones I'd quite like to learn by eliminating those that are too hard or that are are objectively pointless for me to know for any reason.

You should study German so I'll finally have someone to talk to :3

That is one that remains on the potential list. As I am part German and its the only foreign language I've ever had any formal education in at any point.

German is quite difficult, I'm told, due to a bunch of cases and grammar rules. Have you considered Dutch? (The biggest difficulty with Dutch is that Dutch people are too proficient in English and love opportunities to use it, so it's hard to get real-world practice.

Ooooh, did you know Duolingo has Scottish Gaelic now? :D
Disclaimer: All views expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the views of this forum except when otherwise stated or this signature is not present.

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 8921
+1s received: 3387
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you doing right now?

Unread postby Severelius » 24 June 2021, 10:30

Brenden wrote:German is quite difficult, I'm told, due to a bunch of cases and grammar rules. Have you considered Dutch? (The biggest difficulty with Dutch is that Dutch people are too proficient in English and love opportunities to use it, so it's hard to get real-world practice.

Ooooh, did you know Duolingo has Scottish Gaelic now? :D

Dutch is one I've thought about. I've basically narrowed it to some kind of European language, but I've pretty much ruled out any languages that use an entirely different alphabet (despite my brain constantly nagging me to try and learn Russian for some reason) as well as ruled out French purely because I have never been able to pronounce French words properly to save my life.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 4889
+1s received: 1268
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you doing right now?

Unread postby steflois » 25 June 2021, 10:35

Trying to survive a heat wave...Tried to go to the shops but it's too hot to even walk for like 15 minutes. I wanna marry my AirConditioning Unit. I Love it.
Grinding the wheels in IT and making sure that people can buy online their stuff.
User avatar
steflois
 
Posts: 27
+1s received: 15
Joined: 23 May 2021, 09:06
Location: Athens

Re: What are you doing right now?

Unread postby steflois » 25 June 2021, 10:35

Trying to survive a heat wave...Tried to go to the shops but it's too hot to even walk for like 15 minutes. I wanna marry my AirConditioning Unit. I Love it.
Grinding the wheels in IT and making sure that people can buy online their stuff.
User avatar
steflois
 
Posts: 27
+1s received: 15
Joined: 23 May 2021, 09:06
Location: Athens

Re: What are you doing right now?

Unread postby poolerboy0077 » 26 June 2021, 15:43

Brenden wrote:
Severelius wrote:
Mr_Understood wrote:
Severelius wrote:The urge to try learning another language is back so I'm taking time to whittle down the list of ones I'd quite like to learn by eliminating those that are too hard or that are are objectively pointless for me to know for any reason.

You should study German so I'll finally have someone to talk to :3

That is one that remains on the potential list. As I am part German and its the only foreign language I've ever had any formal education in at any point.

German is quite difficult, I'm told, due to a bunch of cases and grammar rules. Have you considered Dutch? (The biggest difficulty with Dutch is that Dutch people are too proficient in English and love opportunities to use it, so it's hard to get real-world practice.

Ooooh, did you know Duolingo has Scottish Gaelic now? :D

Do you recommend Duoling as the best app to learn another language or some other? Or perhaps the best app differs depending on which language one chooses? :psyduck:
Blow: "Nowadays even Liam can release an album of his screechy vocals and it'll probably go #1..."
Ramzus: I can admit that I'm horny just about 24/7
homomorphism: I used to not think your name was deshay and that Erick was just being racist
Hunter: sometimes I think I was literally born to be a pornstar
User avatar
poolerboy0077
 
Posts: 9727
+1s received: 2685
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:20
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you doing right now?

Unread postby Brenden » 27 June 2021, 01:23

poolerboy0077 wrote:
Brenden wrote:
Severelius wrote:
Mr_Understood wrote:
Severelius wrote:The urge to try learning another language is back so I'm taking time to whittle down the list of ones I'd quite like to learn by eliminating those that are too hard or that are are objectively pointless for me to know for any reason.

You should study German so I'll finally have someone to talk to :3

That is one that remains on the potential list. As I am part German and its the only foreign language I've ever had any formal education in at any point.

German is quite difficult, I'm told, due to a bunch of cases and grammar rules. Have you considered Dutch? (The biggest difficulty with Dutch is that Dutch people are too proficient in English and love opportunities to use it, so it's hard to get real-world practice.

Ooooh, did you know Duolingo has Scottish Gaelic now? :D

Do you recommend Duoling as the best app to learn another language or some other? Or perhaps the best app differs depending on which language one chooses? :psyduck:

So far it’s the best app for beginning, I think. I’ve tried maybe 5 or 6 and Duolingo strikes the best balance between grammar and vocabulary along with making it fun and with a good learning curve.
Disclaimer: All views expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the views of this forum except when otherwise stated or this signature is not present.

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 8921
+1s received: 3387
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you doing right now?

Unread postby Severelius » 27 June 2021, 11:33

Brenden wrote:
poolerboy0077 wrote:Do you recommend Duoling as the best app to learn another language or some other? Or perhaps the best app differs depending on which language one chooses? :psyduck:

So far it’s the best app for beginning, I think. I’ve tried maybe 5 or 6 and Duolingo strikes the best balance between grammar and vocabulary along with making it fun and with a good learning curve.

Funnily enough I was going to ask what the best language-learning program or whathaveyou to use is for someone who's just getting started trying to learn a 2nd language with basically zero knowledge base.

Also Duolingo has some amazingly weird options. Like it'd be funny but I don't know how much use I'd get out of learning to speak Klingon or High Valyrian.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 4889
+1s received: 1268
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you doing right now?

Unread postby pppppp42 » 27 June 2021, 21:54

Spanish would be the most practical at least in the USA, Japanese would be the most fun (screw the written language) so I could watch anime without bothering to look at the subtitles (for those of you who watch English dub I bite my thumb at you).

As for what I am doing right now, other than browsing this forum I am listening to the Japanese group Band Maid, drinking Irish cream, eating enough chips and donuts that I will have to excercise for at least an extra hour tonight and writing gay erotica with actual emotional characters instead of just straight porn.
User avatar
pppppp42
 
Posts: 37
+1s received: 12
Joined: 27 June 2021, 18:14
Location: WI/MN
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you doing right now?

Unread postby OutsideIn » 27 June 2021, 22:01

Shopping for glasses online. :glasses:
OutsideIn
 
Posts: 426
+1s received: 252
Joined: 25 November 2020, 18:58
Location: Earth
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you doing right now?

Unread postby Severelius » 27 June 2021, 22:58

pppppp42 wrote:Spanish would be the most practical at least in the USA, Japanese would be the most fun (screw the written language) so I could watch anime without bothering to look at the subtitles (for those of you who watch English dub I bite my thumb at you).

Going by practicality logically I should go for German or maybe French. But I've always sucked at being practical. Plus trying to pronounce French turns my mouth to mush, I just can't get the hang of it.

At the moment I'm just tinkering about on a bunch of different options' very first exercises to explore possibilities. My brain's constant nagging at me to learn Russian has been firmly shut up by actually trying to do even the most basic shit because that alphabet and pronunciation is a living nightmare, so that's helped. :D

Probably going to end up going with German eventually anyway. Or Polish so I can talk shit back to some of my ruder customers at work :lol:
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 4889
+1s received: 1268
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you doing right now?

Unread postby Severelius » 24 August 2021, 16:26

Browsing Boots' selection of nail polish because despite my nails being terrible I'm seriously considering just going 'fuck it' and painting them anyway, hoping that having them painted will make me stop chewing them rather than trying to stop chewing them so I can paint them.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 4889
+1s received: 1268
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you doing right now?

Unread postby McTaggartfan » 25 August 2021, 09:00

Struggling with a lot of indecision. I'm trying to decide whether to listen to a podcast, watch TV, or chat with someone over the Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Next, I'm stuck between a desire to stay in bed and continue to wait for my indecision to resolve itself, or else to drink a glass or two of wine and take one of my meds that has a strong sedating effect. Besides those two things, I've been doing very little for the past couple of hours beside ruminate on past events which have previously made me sad, ashamed, disappointed in myself, etc.
User avatar
McTaggartfan
 
Posts: 493
+1s received: 202
Joined: 7 February 2021, 02:12
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States (us)

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: acpro, CommonCrawl [Bot], FireFox, Jzone, Michaelsmemo, OutsideIn, poolerboy0077, rogonandi, Youngpeach and 109 guests