What are you on right now?

Talk about anything and everything.

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby Ander1969 » 8 July 2020, 15:12

I haven't smoked any weed since high school, 35 years ago, but since this lockdown, I'm so tempted. We have pot shops everywhere here. Any suggestions for a beginner?
Ander1969
 
Posts: 131
+1s received: 20
Joined: 21 May 2020, 22:16
Country: Canada (ca)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby robc » 8 July 2020, 15:14

Rapé (ceremonial snuff) last night was the last thing.
robc
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 8 July 2020, 13:37
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby Magic J » 8 July 2020, 19:13

Ander1969 wrote:I haven't smoked any weed since high school, 35 years ago, but since this lockdown, I'm so tempted. We have pot shops everywhere here. Any suggestions for a beginner?

Yeah. Get weed. Roll joint. Put on the album Close to the Edge by Yes. Smoke that joint. By this point, Steve Howe will be doing weird shit with his guitar that might freak you out, but bear with it. All going well, you'll be properly high once the album reaches the coolest part. Relax. You've made it. You are now high and listening to the best album ever. Congratulations.

Once you've finished the a-side, flip that shit and bliss out to And You And I and Siberian Khatru.

The strain of weed is irrelevant. It's the prog that's essential.
Strangest of Loops
User avatar
Magic J
 
Posts: 1757
+1s received: 1337
Joined: 20 December 2012, 23:06
Location: Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby poolerboy0077 » 9 July 2020, 05:48

robc wrote:Rapé

You and Harvey Weinstein share many things in common.
Blow: "Nowadays even Liam can release an album of his screechy vocals and it'll probably go #1..."
Ramzus: I can admit that I'm horny just about 24/7
homomorphism: I used to not think your name was deshay and that Erick was just being racist
Hunter: sometimes I think I was literally born to be a pornstar
User avatar
poolerboy0077
 
Posts: 9810
+1s received: 2709
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:20
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby robc » 9 July 2020, 11:13

poolerboy0077 wrote:
robc wrote:Rapé

You and Harvey Weinstein share many things in common.


I think you're missing the accent on the é there ;)

https://psychedelictimes.com/sacred-tobacco/
robc
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 8 July 2020, 13:37
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby René » 9 July 2020, 16:34

robc wrote:
poolerboy0077 wrote:
robc wrote:Rapé

You and Harvey Weinstein share many things in common.

I think you're missing the accent on the é there ;)

https://psychedelictimes.com/sacred-tobacco/

I'm not sure Pooler took a whole lot of French in school :P

I'm also not sure I would link to a page that seems to claim any form of tobacco "detoxes both body and mind", "clears your energetic field" and "can be used in conjunction with other treatments for addiction". :glasses:
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 7633
+1s received: 2787
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby robc » 9 July 2020, 17:08

It's not the same species of tobacco as found in cigarettes (Nicotiana Rustica, not Nicotiana Tabacum), and besides, that's just one of many ingredients. Tobacco as consumed in the global north is a bit of a travesty -- massively selectively bred for the wrong reasons and generally abused -- but in it's original form it's used ceremonially by native peoples pretty much wherever it grows.

I'd never had any tobacco in any form until rapé as part of an ayahuasca ceremony, and don't think I ever will. Rapé's very powerful though. It is addictive if you use it too much (every day or more), but I'm sticking to once per week.
robc
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 8 July 2020, 13:37
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby René » 9 July 2020, 17:20

robc wrote:It's not the same species of tobacco as found in cigarettes (Nicotiana Rustica, not Nicotiana Tabacum), and besides, that's just one of many ingredients. Tobacco as consumed in the global north is a bit of a travesty -- massively selectively bred for the wrong reasons and generally abused -- but in it's original form it's used ceremonially by native peoples pretty much wherever it grows.

I'd never had any tobacco in any form until rapé as part of an ayahuasca ceremony, and don't think I ever will. Rapé's very powerful though. It is addictive if you use it too much (every day or more), but I'm sticking to once per week.

I hope you will continue to stick to this and to find it constructive rather than harmful.

Has it cleared your energetic field? :P
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 7633
+1s received: 2787
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby robc » 9 July 2020, 17:28

René wrote:I hope you will continue to stick to this and to find it constructive rather than harmful.

Has it cleared your energetic field? :P


Thanks ;). You know, it's funny about the language used around this type of thing. I have a degree in physics and originally came at it with that kind of approach, but I've realised having being involved with it that it's just easier to talk about energetic fields and all that. Plus we don't really have a good enough understanding of the mind and body to talk about it in precise terms. We understand a lot of the micro stuff pretty well, but really not the bridge between that and consciousness and experience.
robc
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 8 July 2020, 13:37
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby René » 9 July 2020, 20:04

That's funny because I have a degree in natural and computer sciences and I always find it rather bombastic when terms from physics like energy and field are borrowed for these New Agey-sounding purposes.

And anything described as "detoxing" invariably seems like bullshit. Your body has perfectly good systems for dealing with toxins and other foreign substances. Any kind of tobacco is just gonna give it more to get rid of, not help it do so.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 7633
+1s received: 2787
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby robc » 9 July 2020, 20:24

René wrote:That's funny because I have a degree in natural and computer sciences and I always find it rather bombastic when terms from physics like energy and field are borrowed for these New Agey-sounding purposes.


I also used to. Some stuff still makes me cringe, especially the further out New Age type stuff.

René wrote:And anything described as "detoxing" invariably seems like bullshit. Your body has perfectly good systems for dealing with toxins and other foreign substances. Any kind of tobacco is just gonna give it more to get rid of, not help it do so.


They're good, but they're definitely not perfect. Stuff wouldn't bio-accumulate otherwise.
robc
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 8 July 2020, 13:37
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby René » 9 July 2020, 21:12

robc wrote:
René wrote:That's funny because I have a degree in natural and computer sciences and I always find it rather bombastic when terms from physics like energy and field are borrowed for these New Agey-sounding purposes.

I also used to. Some stuff still makes me cringe, especially the further out New Age type stuff.

I dunno man, clearing your energetic field seems pretty out there to me. :lol:

robc wrote:
René wrote:And anything described as "detoxing" invariably seems like bullshit. Your body has perfectly good systems for dealing with toxins and other foreign substances. Any kind of tobacco is just gonna give it more to get rid of, not help it do so.

They're good, but they're definitely not perfect. Stuff wouldn't bio-accumulate otherwise.

What, like heavy metals? You're seriously saying this variety of tobacco, which from the sound of it has an insane amount of nicotine in it (up to 9x as much as the commercially grown variety), can not only clear your energetic field and be a treatment for addiction but also help your body get rid of heavy metals?! :runaway:
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 7633
+1s received: 2787
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby erti » 9 July 2020, 21:14

have some watermelon thc gummies on the way through the mail. :)
“Don't take my devils away, because my angels may flee too.”

― Rainer Maria Rilke
User avatar
erti
 
Posts: 1730
+1s received: 1083
Joined: 30 November 2018, 09:58
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby Severelius » 9 July 2020, 21:16

I've had like 5 people in my life all separately recommend that I try THC stuff. Cause it might help me be less anxious, apparently.

:shrug:
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 4920
+1s received: 1281
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby erti » 9 July 2020, 21:26

Severelius wrote:I've had like 5 people in my life all separately recommend that I try THC stuff. Cause it might help me be less anxious, apparently.

:shrug:
:awesome:

depending on how the person does with THC... myself.. being schizophrenic I tend to get paranoid if I have too much of it. Once I tried high thc candies and brownies and started freaking out and couldn't even walk... never again. You got to experiment on how much you can take.
“Don't take my devils away, because my angels may flee too.”

― Rainer Maria Rilke
User avatar
erti
 
Posts: 1730
+1s received: 1083
Joined: 30 November 2018, 09:58
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby Brenden » 9 July 2020, 21:49

Severelius wrote:I've had like 5 people in my life all separately recommend that I try THC stuff. Cause it might help me be less anxious, apparently.

:shrug:

What you need is a high CBD strain.
Disclaimer: All views expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the views of this forum except when otherwise stated or this signature is not present.

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 8975
+1s received: 3412
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby René » 9 July 2020, 22:30

Severelius wrote:I've had like 5 people in my life all separately recommend that I try THC stuff. Cause it might help me be less anxious, apparently.

:shrug:

Definitely not plain THC stuff. It's meant to be counterbalanced by other components in herbal cannabis, like CBD. This is especially important if you are prone to problems like anxiety or psychotic illness, as CBD has anti-anxiety and antipsychotic properties.

The strain is also very important as it determines how much of each component is in there. Since cannabis is illegal here, I don't imagine you can get good medical strains easily.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 7633
+1s received: 2787
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby Severelius » 9 July 2020, 22:31

Brenden wrote:
Severelius wrote:I've had like 5 people in my life all separately recommend that I try THC stuff. Cause it might help me be less anxious, apparently.

:shrug:

What you need is a high CBD strain.

Fair enough.

... what the fuck does that mean...
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 4920
+1s received: 1281
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby Brenden » 9 July 2020, 22:34

Severelius wrote:... what the fuck does that mean...

See René’s post above!

CBD is the cannabinoid that most counteracts THC and has a very relaxing, calming effect.
Disclaimer: All views expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the views of this forum except when otherwise stated or this signature is not present.

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 8975
+1s received: 3412
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby Severelius » 9 July 2020, 22:35

Brenden wrote:
Severelius wrote:... what the fuck does that mean...

See René’s post above!

CBD is the cannabinoid that most counteracts THC and has a very relaxing, calming effect.

So if CBD is the relaxing shit, what the hell is THC when it's at home?

God, drugs are confusing. No wonder my mum always told me to stay away from them. :lol:
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 4920
+1s received: 1281
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 117 guests