What are you on right now?

Talk about anything and everything.

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby Severelius » 30 July 2020, 13:43

When I'm at home I only drink either plain water or fruit squash.

It's when I'm at work or just out and about I fall into the convenient trap of Lucozade. The cherry one is just too damn nice, and I am a weak man.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 4088
+1s received: 896
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby René » 30 July 2020, 13:47

Severelius wrote:When I'm at home I only drink either plain water or fruit squash.

It's when I'm at work or just out and about I fall into the convenient trap of Lucozade. The cherry one is just too damn nice, and I am a weak man.

Please tell me the squash is at least the no-added-sugar version and not yet more sugar water. :runaway:
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 6820
+1s received: 2349
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby Severelius » 30 July 2020, 14:04

René wrote:
Severelius wrote:When I'm at home I only drink either plain water or fruit squash.

It's when I'm at work or just out and about I fall into the convenient trap of Lucozade. The cherry one is just too damn nice, and I am a weak man.

Please tell me the squash is at least the no-added-sugar version and not yet more sugar water. :runaway:

Erm...

*rushes to check cupboards*

It is Robinson's no added sugar. :nod:
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 4088
+1s received: 896
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby Jasper1 » 30 July 2020, 18:32

René wrote:
Jasper1 wrote:Caffeine for me also is my only weakness.

I’m actually thinking of reducing the amount of coffee i drink as my body seems to rely on the kick to get started. If I don’t have it I struggle to formulate my thoughts which effects my working day.

Last year I cut out sugary sweets and changed to low sugar dark chocolate and found it improved my overall health and well-being significantly.

Cutting down on obvious things like sugar and salt can improve your health and other symptoms such as anxiety. Sometimes it’s the simple changes we make that has the bigger impact.

I used to drink a lot of coffee and use other stimulants. I found that after quitting them, I ended up feeling more wakeful, alert and motivated every day than I previously had with the coffee and stuff.


Yeah, sure it will be better for me also long term. Just not looking forward to the inevitable dip in mood and headaches whilst my body adjust to not getting its daily fix.
User avatar
Jasper1
 
Posts: 124
+1s received: 80
Joined: 12 July 2020, 11:44
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby PopTart » 31 July 2020, 07:18

René wrote:
Severelius wrote:When I'm at home I only drink either plain water or fruit squash.

It's when I'm at work or just out and about I fall into the convenient trap of Lucozade. The cherry one is just too damn nice, and I am a weak man.

Please tell me the squash is at least the no-added-sugar version and not yet more sugar water. :runaway:

No René, just no. The NAS variety are horrible, they leave a distinct and disgusting after taste! Eeew.

Although, its practically impossible now to buy full sugar varieties on shops and that does genuinely piss me off. Atleast give me the choice :rolleyes:
ImageImage
User avatar
PopTart
 
Posts: 3195
+1s received: 2598
Joined: 12 December 2017, 11:15
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby erti » 31 July 2020, 16:26

They put me on Vistaril and Zofran for my anxiety. I think that's what help me to go to bed earlier last night.
“Don't take my devils away, because my angels may flee too.”

― Rainer Maria Rilke
User avatar
erti
 
Posts: 1413
+1s received: 913
Joined: 30 November 2018, 09:58
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby Valso » 31 July 2020, 18:36

In a chair, on the military hotel's balcony and sitting on a B-plug.
User avatar
Valso
 
Posts: 527
+1s received: 132
Joined: 14 December 2017, 17:00
Location: Bulgaria
Country: Bulgaria (bg)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby René » 1 August 2020, 13:18

PopTart wrote:
René wrote:
Severelius wrote:When I'm at home I only drink either plain water or fruit squash.

It's when I'm at work or just out and about I fall into the convenient trap of Lucozade. The cherry one is just too damn nice, and I am a weak man.

Please tell me the squash is at least the no-added-sugar version and not yet more sugar water. :runaway:

No René, just no. The NAS variety are horrible, they leave a distinct and disgusting after taste! Eeew.

This is an abnormal reaction. You must be some kind of mutant.

I'm curious, have you tried the tiny bottles that you squirt into water or just the big ones that need less dilution?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 6820
+1s received: 2349
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby PopTart » 1 August 2020, 14:23

René wrote:
PopTart wrote:
René wrote:
Severelius wrote:When I'm at home I only drink either plain water or fruit squash.

It's when I'm at work or just out and about I fall into the convenient trap of Lucozade. The cherry one is just too damn nice, and I am a weak man.

Please tell me the squash is at least the no-added-sugar version and not yet more sugar water. :runaway:

No René, just no. The NAS variety are horrible, they leave a distinct and disgusting after taste! Eeew.

This is an abnormal reaction. You must be some kind of mutant.

I'm curious, have you tried the tiny bottles that you squirt into water or just the big ones that need less dilution?

I've tried both, I don't know if I have some uncanny ability, but I can always tell if I'm drinking a NAS beverage. :pukey:
There is a distinct after taste that can linger for hours.
ImageImage
User avatar
PopTart
 
Posts: 3195
+1s received: 2598
Joined: 12 December 2017, 11:15
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby René » 1 August 2020, 14:38

PopTart wrote:
René wrote:
PopTart wrote:
René wrote:
Severelius wrote:When I'm at home I only drink either plain water or fruit squash.

It's when I'm at work or just out and about I fall into the convenient trap of Lucozade. The cherry one is just too damn nice, and I am a weak man.

Please tell me the squash is at least the no-added-sugar version and not yet more sugar water. :runaway:

No René, just no. The NAS variety are horrible, they leave a distinct and disgusting after taste! Eeew.

This is an abnormal reaction. You must be some kind of mutant.

I'm curious, have you tried the tiny bottles that you squirt into water or just the big ones that need less dilution?

I've tried both, I don't know if I have some uncanny ability, but I can always tell if I'm drinking a NAS beverage. :pukey:
There is a distinct after taste that can linger for hours.

Well, it's got to depend on the particular alternative sweetener(s) used. They're chemically very different.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 6820
+1s received: 2349
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby PopTart » 2 August 2020, 08:30

René wrote:
PopTart wrote:
René wrote:
PopTart wrote:
René wrote:
Severelius wrote:When I'm at home I only drink either plain water or fruit squash.

It's when I'm at work or just out and about I fall into the convenient trap of Lucozade. The cherry one is just too damn nice, and I am a weak man.

Please tell me the squash is at least the no-added-sugar version and not yet more sugar water. :runaway:

No René, just no. The NAS variety are horrible, they leave a distinct and disgusting after taste! Eeew.

This is an abnormal reaction. You must be some kind of mutant.

I'm curious, have you tried the tiny bottles that you squirt into water or just the big ones that need less dilution?

I've tried both, I don't know if I have some uncanny ability, but I can always tell if I'm drinking a NAS beverage. :pukey:
There is a distinct after taste that can linger for hours.

Well, it's got to depend on the particular alternative sweetener(s) used. They're chemically very different.

My guess it's one of the most common ones, such as aspartame but perhaps, more likely, sucrose.
ImageImage
User avatar
PopTart
 
Posts: 3195
+1s received: 2598
Joined: 12 December 2017, 11:15
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby René » 2 August 2020, 12:50

PopTart wrote:
René wrote:
PopTart wrote:
René wrote:
PopTart wrote:
René wrote:
Severelius wrote:When I'm at home I only drink either plain water or fruit squash.

It's when I'm at work or just out and about I fall into the convenient trap of Lucozade. The cherry one is just too damn nice, and I am a weak man.

Please tell me the squash is at least the no-added-sugar version and not yet more sugar water. :runaway:

No René, just no. The NAS variety are horrible, they leave a distinct and disgusting after taste! Eeew.

This is an abnormal reaction. You must be some kind of mutant.

I'm curious, have you tried the tiny bottles that you squirt into water or just the big ones that need less dilution?

I've tried both, I don't know if I have some uncanny ability, but I can always tell if I'm drinking a NAS beverage. :pukey:
There is a distinct after taste that can linger for hours.

Well, it's got to depend on the particular alternative sweetener(s) used. They're chemically very different.

My guess it's one of the most common ones, such as aspartame but perhaps, more likely, sucrose.

Sucrose is table sugar. ;)

You're probably thinking of sucralose, even though (as the name implies) that has a chemical structure very closely related to sucrose.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 6820
+1s received: 2349
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby PopTart » 2 August 2020, 14:22

Yes, indeed, sucrose was what I meant.

I know you are a staunch supporter of synthetic sweeteners for a multitude of reasons. But i stand by my previous arguements and deem them to be founded on the most important principle of all, they taste like shit. :D
ImageImage
User avatar
PopTart
 
Posts: 3195
+1s received: 2598
Joined: 12 December 2017, 11:15
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby René » 2 August 2020, 14:58

PopTart wrote:Yes, indeed, sucrose was what I meant.

Really? Table sugar gives you a horrible aftertaste? Huh. :P

PopTart wrote:I know you are a staunch supporter of synthetic sweeteners for a multitude of reasons. But i stand by my previous arguements and deem them to be founded on the most important principle of all, they taste like shit. :D

You could not be more wrong! I have been very clear that synthetic sweeteners are harmful to gut microbiota. I am a staunch supporter of natural sweeteners like stevia, which comes from a plant. It takes a good extract for it to taste good. Not all of them do. But a good extract used in proper quantities sweetens just like sugar, without leaving a bad aftertaste. Truvia powder/granules (in which such an extract is combined with erythritol, another good natural sweetener, NOT synthetic) is excellent, for example.

You need to come visit Brenden and me sometime and we'll let you taste some naturally sweetened no-added sugar foods/drinks and you're going to love them. Mark my words. :oface:
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 6820
+1s received: 2349
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby PopTart » 2 August 2020, 15:50

René wrote:
PopTart wrote:Yes, indeed, sucrose was what I meant.

Really? Table sugar gives you a horrible aftertaste? Huh. :P
:lol: my phones autocorrect/predictive text, is in action. I thought I'd put sucralose (<--three attempts) to begin with. :argh:

I low key hate touch screens.
(EDIT: and formatting quotes on my ozone )

René wrote:
PopTart wrote:I know you are a staunch supporter of synthetic sweeteners for a multitude of reasons. But i stand by my previous arguements and deem them to be founded on the most important principle of all, they taste like shit. :D

You could not be more wrong! I have been very clear that synthetic sweeteners are harmful to gut microbiota. I am a staunch supporter of natural sweeteners like stevia, which comes from a plant. It takes a good extract for it to taste good. Not all of them do. But a good extract used in proper quantities sweetens just like sugar, without leaving a bad aftertaste. Truvia powder/granules (in which such an extract is combined with erythritol, another good natural sweetener, NOT synthetic) is excellent, for example.

You need to come visit Brenden and me sometime and we'll let you taste some naturally sweetened no-added sugar foods/drinks and you're going to love them. Mark my words. :oface:

Oh yeah, we did have this conversation once before didn't we? :D I remember now.

I stand corrected good sir and I may one day take you up in your offer of quality food and beverages! :awesome:

They are amongst some of my favourite things, dontchya know. ;)

Is Shawn cooking on the grill yet? I actually have a terrible hankering for chargrilled meats :drool: It may be because I can smell my neighbours barbecue :cry:

You should bring him back in your suitcase so he can cook food for everyone here! :awesome: :applause:

Or you know, don't because that would be creepy. But you know, if you happened to feel like, being creepy... :shrug: I wouldn't object :shifty:
ImageImage
User avatar
PopTart
 
Posts: 3195
+1s received: 2598
Joined: 12 December 2017, 11:15
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby René » 2 August 2020, 16:11

^ :lol: :thumbsup:

He has used his grill and smoker things recently, but not with us, and obviously with me being a vegetarian we're eating more plant-based stuff. :awesome:

I soooo wish we could follow your suggestion! Sadly he is over the weight limit. (I know what you're gonna say, but no! That is NOT an option we are willing to entertain. :blargh: )
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 6820
+1s received: 2349
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby PopTart » 2 August 2020, 16:56

René wrote:^ :lol: :thumbsup:

He has used his grill and smoker things recently, but not with us, and obviously with me being a vegetarian we're eating more plant-based stuff. :awesome:

I soooo wish we could follow your suggestion! Sadly he is over the weight limit. (I know what you're gonna say, but no! That is NOT an option we are willing to entertain. :blargh: )

Renè! :facepalm2: How can you stay veggie in the face of grilled meats?! I commend your will power. The smell alone would drive me to the edge of madness.

Also, stay out of my head Mr! :P Atleast keep it as a backup plan :awesome: :lol:
ImageImage
User avatar
PopTart
 
Posts: 3195
+1s received: 2598
Joined: 12 December 2017, 11:15
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby erti » 5 August 2020, 23:36

Took a hit of wax and some edibles for today... in memory of my uncle Tim.. I miss my uncle. :(
“Don't take my devils away, because my angels may flee too.”

― Rainer Maria Rilke
User avatar
erti
 
Posts: 1413
+1s received: 913
Joined: 30 November 2018, 09:58
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby Valso » 6 August 2020, 18:31

Homemade cigarettes of green "Golden Virginia" tobacco. Taste like no other! :D
User avatar
Valso
 
Posts: 527
+1s received: 132
Joined: 14 December 2017, 17:00
Location: Bulgaria
Country: Bulgaria (bg)

Re: What are you on right now?

Unread postby erti » 6 August 2020, 18:45

added clonidine for my recent anxiety. Hope it works. lol
“Don't take my devils away, because my angels may flee too.”

― Rainer Maria Rilke
User avatar
erti
 
Posts: 1413
+1s received: 913
Joined: 30 November 2018, 09:58
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States (us)

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: Brenden, CommonCrawl [Bot], poolerboy0077, René, SEOkicks [Bot], Yandex [Bot] and 92 guests