What are you thinking at the moment?

Talk about anything and everything.

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby rogonandi » 28 July 2020, 08:46

I think frozen vegetables like carrots, pea pods and the like taste the best eaten as a snack still frozen in the bowl. :D
Why are you?

Image
User avatar
rogonandi
 
Posts: 1707
+1s received: 1144
Joined: 12 May 2016, 10:02
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada (ca)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Severelius » 28 July 2020, 12:46

rogonandi wrote:I think frozen vegetables like carrots, pea pods and the like taste the best eaten as a snack still frozen in the bowl. :D

My favourite snack as a kid was just raw carrot. It was amazing.

OT: It feels like my local area must be some kind of worldwide record-setter for 'highest number of motorcycles per capita' because holy shit some days it's like a constant convoy of loud as fuck motorbikes going past my window.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 3727
+1s received: 708
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby biguy87 » 28 July 2020, 13:17

Severelius wrote:OT: It feels like my local area must be some kind of worldwide record-setter for 'highest number of motorcycles per capita' because holy shit some days it's like a constant convoy of loud as fuck motorbikes going past my window.


I feel your pain. We get boy racers in cars, especially at night. They do laps of my road and the road that runs behind mine. It got worse in the daytime too during the lockdown. They over-rev their engines and have stupid loud exhausts, and at this time of year it's too warm to have the windows open at night. Really fucking annoying!
User avatar
biguy87
 
Posts: 109
+1s received: 51
Joined: 13 July 2020, 13:37
Location: West Midlands
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby René » 28 July 2020, 13:23

biguy87 wrote:
Severelius wrote:OT: It feels like my local area must be some kind of worldwide record-setter for 'highest number of motorcycles per capita' because holy shit some days it's like a constant convoy of loud as fuck motorbikes going past my window.

I feel your pain. We get boy racers in cars, especially at night. They do laps of my road and the road that runs behind mine. It got worse in the daytime too during the lockdown. They over-rev their engines and have stupid loud exhausts, and at this time of year it's too warm to have the windows open at night. Really fucking annoying!

Ought to be illegal. Maybe it is? Noise pollution?

I hate motorcycles. I've often thought that entire method of transportation should be banned. :lol:

The amount of noise produced is totally disproportionate to the amount of transportation.
Last edited by René on 28 July 2020, 14:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Clarified
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 6281
+1s received: 2010
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Sullivan » 28 July 2020, 13:30

But imagine how much better it makes you feel about your tiny penis.
User avatar
Sullivan
 
Posts: 678
+1s received: 206
Joined: 25 July 2013, 02:12
Location: Chicago
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby biguy87 » 28 July 2020, 13:38

René wrote:Ought to be illegal. Maybe it is? Noise pollution?

I hate those things. I've often thought that entire method of transportation should be banned. :lol:

The amount of noise produced is totally disproportionate to the amount of transportation.


It's definitely illegal, if for no other reason other than the fact that they are speeding and driving extremely recklessly. I can't claim to always stick to every speed limit religiously (I don't think many drivers can) but I drive safely, especially in residential areas. It is only a matter of time around here before someone gets hurt and sadly it may not be the people driving.

I don't necessarily think cars should be banned, but I get where you're coming from. I like cars and I love driving, but it won't be a bad thing once they've figured out how to mass produce safe, environmentally friendly, quiet, driverless cars! (Sorry Valso!)
User avatar
biguy87
 
Posts: 109
+1s received: 51
Joined: 13 July 2020, 13:37
Location: West Midlands
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby biguy87 » 28 July 2020, 13:43

Sullivan wrote:But imagine how much better it makes you feel about your tiny penis.


Well that's no excuse. Some of us find other ways to compensate, that don't have a detrimental impact on the local populace!
User avatar
biguy87
 
Posts: 109
+1s received: 51
Joined: 13 July 2020, 13:37
Location: West Midlands
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby René » 28 July 2020, 13:59

biguy87 wrote:
René wrote:Ought to be illegal. Maybe it is? Noise pollution?

I hate those things. I've often thought that entire method of transportation should be banned. :lol:

The amount of noise produced is totally disproportionate to the amount of transportation.


It's definitely illegal, if for no other reason other than the fact that they are speeding and driving extremely recklessly. I can't claim to always stick to every speed limit religiously (I don't think many drivers can) but I drive safely, especially in residential areas. It is only a matter of time around here before someone gets hurt and sadly it may not be the people driving.

I don't necessarily think cars should be banned, but I get where you're coming from. I like cars and I love driving, but it won't be a bad thing once they've figured out how to mass produce safe, environmentally friendly, quiet, driverless cars! (Sorry Valso!)

My point was actually mainly that if you compare these noisy two-wheelers to cars, cars are way less noisy while potentially transporting more people and goods at a time.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 6281
+1s received: 2010
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby biguy87 » 28 July 2020, 14:03

René wrote:
biguy87 wrote:
René wrote:Ought to be illegal. Maybe it is? Noise pollution?

I hate those things. I've often thought that entire method of transportation should be banned. :lol:

The amount of noise produced is totally disproportionate to the amount of transportation.


It's definitely illegal, if for no other reason other than the fact that they are speeding and driving extremely recklessly. I can't claim to always stick to every speed limit religiously (I don't think many drivers can) but I drive safely, especially in residential areas. It is only a matter of time around here before someone gets hurt and sadly it may not be the people driving.

I don't necessarily think cars should be banned, but I get where you're coming from. I like cars and I love driving, but it won't be a bad thing once they've figured out how to mass produce safe, environmentally friendly, quiet, driverless cars! (Sorry Valso!)

My point was actually mainly that if you compare these noisy two-wheelers to cars, cars are way less noisy while potentially transporting more people and goods at a time.



Oh THOSE things. Yeah I get your point now. I'm also completely against them and will be until about 10-20 years from now when I have a midlife crisis and buy a Harley.
User avatar
biguy87
 
Posts: 109
+1s received: 51
Joined: 13 July 2020, 13:37
Location: West Midlands
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Severelius » 28 July 2020, 16:01

biguy87 wrote:
Severelius wrote:OT: It feels like my local area must be some kind of worldwide record-setter for 'highest number of motorcycles per capita' because holy shit some days it's like a constant convoy of loud as fuck motorbikes going past my window.


I feel your pain. We get boy racers in cars, especially at night. They do laps of my road and the road that runs behind mine. It got worse in the daytime too during the lockdown. They over-rev their engines and have stupid loud exhausts, and at this time of year it's too warm to have the windows open at night. Really fucking annoying!

There's an annoying amount of that around my way.

My walk home from work, almost by necessity (because avoiding it would add a long time to my walk) goes through a standard car park and adjacent multi-story car park.

Any walk home after a late shift, both car parks will be full of arsehole boy racers being twats. I remain convinced that it's inevitable that at some point while going through there I'm going to be either run over or just straight-up mugged.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 3727
+1s received: 708
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Valso » 28 July 2020, 16:09

biguy87 wrote:We get boy racers in cars
They over-rev their engines and have stupid loud exhausts

Image Image Image Image
I wish I could live there! My street is always boring, nothing exciting ever happens! Unless the garbage truck coming every 2 nights is counted as "excitement". If I were living in your place, I wouldn't be able to fall asleep not because I'm annoyed but because my heart would be racing faster than the strokes of their engines! And most probably I would be out there among them the whole night. :D
User avatar
Valso
 
Posts: 462
+1s received: 110
Joined: 14 December 2017, 17:00
Location: Bulgaria
Country: Bulgaria (bg)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby poolerboy0077 » 28 July 2020, 17:46

I wonder if for the third presidential debate which tends to be in a town hall format they'll have that obnoxious fawning of the undecided voter.
Blow: "Nowadays even Liam can release an album of his screechy vocals and it'll probably go #1..."
Ramzus: I can admit that I'm horny just about 24/7
homomorphism: I used to not think your name was deshay and that Erick was just being racist
Hunter: sometimes I think I was literally born to be a pornstar
User avatar
poolerboy0077
 
Posts: 9033
+1s received: 2360
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:20
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Severelius » 28 July 2020, 18:05

I need to sort out a better storage solution for my bedroom. I have so much random tat that I don't have a place to properly put so it just ends up scattered over every fucking surface and piled on the floor.

But I don't know what kind of storage solution I can come up with in terms of workable space here.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 3727
+1s received: 708
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby poolerboy0077 » 28 July 2020, 21:02

Body positivity model is code for chick or dude with rolls.
Blow: "Nowadays even Liam can release an album of his screechy vocals and it'll probably go #1..."
Ramzus: I can admit that I'm horny just about 24/7
homomorphism: I used to not think your name was deshay and that Erick was just being racist
Hunter: sometimes I think I was literally born to be a pornstar
User avatar
poolerboy0077
 
Posts: 9033
+1s received: 2360
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:20
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby PopTart » 28 July 2020, 21:13

rogonandi wrote:I think frozen vegetables like carrots, pea pods and the like taste the best eaten as a snack still frozen in the bowl. :D

:runaway:
ImageImage
User avatar
PopTart
 
Posts: 2917
+1s received: 2379
Joined: 12 December 2017, 11:15
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby PopTart » 28 July 2020, 21:24

Severelius wrote:I need to sort out a better storage solution for my bedroom. I have so much random tat that I don't have a place to properly put so it just ends up scattered over every fucking surface and piled on the floor.

But I don't know what kind of storage solution I can come up with in terms of workable space here.

let plastic, lidded containers become your friends. I too found every surface in my flat was slowly accumulating random shite. It's almost as if, I see an empty space and I subconsciously must put something there.

I suspect I even buy things I neither want nor need, because my subconscious has already planned what gap on the desk it will occupy. I get home and find things in my bags and think... " wait, did I buy this? Why did I buy this?"

What assorted junk I find I don't need, I've been learning to let go of (not easy as I seem capable of forming some sentimental attachment to even an empty minstrels packet :shrug: okay that's an exaggeration, but only just.)

The things you absolutely must keep, go in storage boxes and get squirreled away in the backs of wardrobes and under my bed.

Just be sure to organise that shit, because there is nothing worse than wanting to find that one thing... you know its in one of those fucking boxes... but god damn it... which one?! :argh:
ImageImage
User avatar
PopTart
 
Posts: 2917
+1s received: 2379
Joined: 12 December 2017, 11:15
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Severelius » 28 July 2020, 21:31

PopTart wrote:
Severelius wrote:I need to sort out a better storage solution for my bedroom. I have so much random tat that I don't have a place to properly put so it just ends up scattered over every fucking surface and piled on the floor.

But I don't know what kind of storage solution I can come up with in terms of workable space here.

let plastic, lidded containers become your friends. I too found every surface in my flat was slowly accumulating random shite. It's almost as if, I see an empty space and I subconsciously must put something there.

I suspect I even buy things I neither want nor need, because my subconscious has already planned what gap on the desk it will occupy. I get home and find things in my bags and think... " wait, did I buy this? Why did I buy this?"

What assorted junk I find I don't need, I've been learning to let go of (not easy as I seem capable of forming some sentimental attachment to even an empty minstrels packet :shrug: okay that's an exaggeration, but only just.)

The things you absolutely must keep, go in storage boxes and get squirreled away in the backs of wardrobes and under my bed.

Just be sure to organise that shit, because there is nothing worse than wanting to find that one thing... you know its in one of those fucking boxes... but god damn it... which one?! :argh:

I've been looking into large but shallow plastic boxes that can just be slid under my bed and out of the way.

To be honest this would not be anywhere near as much of a problem if I could just finally convince myself to actually get around to the task of culling all the useless miscellaneous bullshit that I litter my existence with. Crap that I do not need, have never needed, and have no reason to own but that I seem pathologically incapable of just getting rid of already.

If I could remove all the clutter I don't need, storage would be much easier. But I'm apparently a hoarder so I have to come up with elaborate storage solutions to hide the problem away from the world like the great shame that it is.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 3727
+1s received: 708
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby PopTart » 28 July 2020, 21:44

Severelius wrote:
PopTart wrote:
Severelius wrote:I need to sort out a better storage solution for my bedroom. I have so much random tat that I don't have a place to properly put so it just ends up scattered over every fucking surface and piled on the floor.

But I don't know what kind of storage solution I can come up with in terms of workable space here.

let plastic, lidded containers become your friends. I too found every surface in my flat was slowly accumulating random shite. It's almost as if, I see an empty space and I subconsciously must put something there.

I suspect I even buy things I neither want nor need, because my subconscious has already planned what gap on the desk it will occupy. I get home and find things in my bags and think... " wait, did I buy this? Why did I buy this?"

What assorted junk I find I don't need, I've been learning to let go of (not easy as I seem capable of forming some sentimental attachment to even an empty minstrels packet :shrug: okay that's an exaggeration, but only just.)

The things you absolutely must keep, go in storage boxes and get squirreled away in the backs of wardrobes and under my bed.

Just be sure to organise that shit, because there is nothing worse than wanting to find that one thing... you know its in one of those fucking boxes... but god damn it... which one?! :argh:

I've been looking into large but shallow plastic boxes that can just be slid under my bed and out of the way.

To be honest this would not be anywhere near as much of a problem if I could just finally convince myself to actually get around to the task of culling all the useless miscellaneous bullshit that I litter my existence with. Crap that I do not need, have never needed, and have no reason to own but that I seem pathologically incapable of just getting rid of already.

If I could remove all the clutter I don't need, storage would be much easier. But I'm apparently a hoarder so I have to come up with elaborate storage solutions to hide the problem away from the world like the great shame that it is.

Have you tried the "sit down and go through everything" solution, to evaluate how much you really need things?

Admittedly it always leads me to wistfully recalling something or even renewing my emotional attachments to things, like the stylish, metallic canister I still possess, that contained the first hair dye I used as a teenager. (I know like seriously... wtf?)

Okay, maybe my advice isn't likely to help on this one. :shifty:
ImageImage
User avatar
PopTart
 
Posts: 2917
+1s received: 2379
Joined: 12 December 2017, 11:15
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Severelius » 28 July 2020, 21:53

PopTart wrote:Have you tried the "sit down and go through everything" solution, to evaluate how much you really need things?

Admittedly it always leads me to wistfully recalling something or even renewing my emotional attachments to things, like the stylish, metallic canister I still possess, that contained the first hair dye I used as a teenager. (I know like seriously... wtf?)

Okay, maybe my advice isn't likely to help on this one. :shifty:

If I went through all my miscellaneous shite to evaluate its usefulness I would either spend all day doing it and decide I can't part with any of it... or I'd spend all day doing it and decide I literally don't need to own any of it.

Hell I could make a very strong logical case for getting rid of literally all of my books and DVDs/Blu Rays if I wanted to.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 3727
+1s received: 708
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Jasper1 » 28 July 2020, 22:31

I just ran my first 10k :applause: Some bright spark on here recommended it :nod:

The run itself went to plan, although had to dodge a few heavy breathers on route but now wondering how do I stop sweating?

Drank water, sweat! Had a cold shower, sweat! Wiped myself down again with a towel, sweat! Window is open but no air is coming through.

So now thinking maybe I’ll sleep out in the garden tonight.
User avatar
Jasper1
 
Posts: 57
+1s received: 28
Joined: 12 July 2020, 11:44
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Google [Bot], poolerboy0077, Yandex [Bot] and 88 guests