What are you thinking at the moment?

Talk about anything and everything.

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby René » 7 June 2021, 17:56

Severelius wrote:
René wrote:Repeat after me. Grindr for casual sex. Tinder for relationships.

(Granted, I found a boyfriend on Grindr, but that took an insane amount of luck. :P)

Also probably varies by area, but I'm guessing England is similar to Scotland.

In my limited Tinder experience most guys seemed to use that for casual sex too. Or to try and get Instagram followers.

Can I say gay guys annoy me? Gay guys annoy me. Ugh.

Maybe come over here? We got some amazing matches in the Edinburgh area when we looked on Tinder, and that was even with us marked as polyamorous. But specifying we were cuddly board-game fanatics and looking for polyfidelity.

Maybe writing you're looking for a serious relationship and cuddles (only) would help keep the hookup people away and bring in more potential boyfriends? :D
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 7601
+1s received: 2755
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Severelius » 7 June 2021, 18:09

René wrote:
Severelius wrote:
René wrote:Repeat after me. Grindr for casual sex. Tinder for relationships.

(Granted, I found a boyfriend on Grindr, but that took an insane amount of luck. :P)

Also probably varies by area, but I'm guessing England is similar to Scotland.

In my limited Tinder experience most guys seemed to use that for casual sex too. Or to try and get Instagram followers.

Can I say gay guys annoy me? Gay guys annoy me. Ugh.

Maybe come over here? We got some amazing matches in the Edinburgh area when we looked on Tinder, and that was even with us marked as polyamorous. But specifying we were cuddly board-game fanatics and looking for polyfidelity.

Maybe writing you're looking for a serious relationship and cuddles (only) would help keep the hookup people away and bring in more potential boyfriends? :D

Yeah gay guys annoy me too. Some days after a bad Grindr experience I honestly think if it was possible it'd probably be less effort in the long run to just turn straight. :lol:

I remember you actually wrote me a Tinder profile bio once when I was whining about how I never get anywhere on it. :rofl: Still haven't worked up the confidence to go back on Tinder so I've yet to use it and see if it produces better results than whatever nonsense I can cobble together in that department.

Though given how rarely people seem to actually read peoples' profiles (no Grindr blokes, I am not a top and don't want to dominate you) maybe it just doesn't matter at all. :shrug:
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 4703
+1s received: 1212
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby poolerboy0077 » 7 June 2021, 18:20

Brenden wrote:
rogonandi wrote:
McTaggartfan wrote:
rogonandi wrote:I may go to bed without dinner tonight. I gotta be up earlyish tomorrow anyway. Besides, it saves money, and I’ll get slightly less fat. ;)


I think you should have a least a very light dinner, but that's just me! I certainly know Brenden would approve, though!

I’m sure he doesn’t want me to be a fatty either. :D

I approve because occasional fasting triggers the survival mode of sirtuins, proteins that when in such mode do DNA repair. Even skinny people would benefit. It does indeed also help tremendously with weight loss, though.

That’s why those Africans with bloated tummies who come out on donation commercials have it so good. They have lots of melanin in their skin and are occasionally starving so they always keep looking youthful. Some people just have it really good.
Blow: "Nowadays even Liam can release an album of his screechy vocals and it'll probably go #1..."
Ramzus: I can admit that I'm horny just about 24/7
homomorphism: I used to not think your name was deshay and that Erick was just being racist
Hunter: sometimes I think I was literally born to be a pornstar
User avatar
poolerboy0077
 
Posts: 9614
+1s received: 2648
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:20
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Brenden » 7 June 2021, 18:53

poolerboy0077 wrote:
Brenden wrote:
rogonandi wrote:
McTaggartfan wrote:
rogonandi wrote:I may go to bed without dinner tonight. I gotta be up earlyish tomorrow anyway. Besides, it saves money, and I’ll get slightly less fat. ;)


I think you should have a least a very light dinner, but that's just me! I certainly know Brenden would approve, though!

I’m sure he doesn’t want me to be a fatty either. :D

I approve because occasional fasting triggers the survival mode of sirtuins, proteins that when in such mode do DNA repair. Even skinny people would benefit. It does indeed also help tremendously with weight loss, though.

That’s why those Africans with bloated tummies who come out on donation commercials have it so good. They have lots of melanin in their skin and are occasionally starving so they always keep looking youthful. Some people just have it really good.

Ha. Ha.

Hunter-gatherers who would go a day or two without food while hunting and then gorge on the result of the hunt lived longer and healthier than settled agricultural humans did for several millennia past the agricultural revolution.
Disclaimer: All views expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the views of this forum except when otherwise stated or this signature is not present.

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 8833
+1s received: 3340
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby René » 7 June 2021, 19:29

Severelius wrote:
René wrote:
Severelius wrote:
René wrote:Repeat after me. Grindr for casual sex. Tinder for relationships.

(Granted, I found a boyfriend on Grindr, but that took an insane amount of luck. :P)

Also probably varies by area, but I'm guessing England is similar to Scotland.

In my limited Tinder experience most guys seemed to use that for casual sex too. Or to try and get Instagram followers.

Can I say gay guys annoy me? Gay guys annoy me. Ugh.

Maybe come over here? We got some amazing matches in the Edinburgh area when we looked on Tinder, and that was even with us marked as polyamorous. But specifying we were cuddly board-game fanatics and looking for polyfidelity.

Maybe writing you're looking for a serious relationship and cuddles (only) would help keep the hookup people away and bring in more potential boyfriends? :D

Yeah gay guys annoy me too. Some days after a bad Grindr experience I honestly think if it was possible it'd probably be less effort in the long run to just turn straight. :lol:

I remember you actually wrote me a Tinder profile bio once when I was whining about how I never get anywhere on it. :rofl: Still haven't worked up the confidence to go back on Tinder so I've yet to use it and see if it produces better results than whatever nonsense I can cobble together in that department.

Though given how rarely people seem to actually read peoples' profiles (no Grindr blokes, I am not a top and don't want to dominate you) maybe it just doesn't matter at all. :shrug:

Hahaha, aww :3
I hope you work up the confidence someday!

IIRC we got some guys asking about polyfidelity, what it is and how it works. I think here they do read profiles on Tinder, or many do at least. :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 7601
+1s received: 2755
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Severelius » 7 June 2021, 19:32

René wrote:Hahaha, aww :3
I hope you work up the confidence someday!

IIRC we got some guys asking about polyfidelity, what it is and how it works. I think here they do read profiles on Tinder, or many do at least. :shrug:

Hey if I have the confidence to put myself out on Grindr in theory Tinder should be easy right?

Maybe worst case scenario I'll move to Scotland if that's where all the decent blokes are, and just have to spend the rest of my life pretending to be able to understand a word they say to me. :lol:
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 4703
+1s received: 1212
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby René » 7 June 2021, 19:36

Severelius wrote:
René wrote:Hahaha, aww :3
I hope you work up the confidence someday!

IIRC we got some guys asking about polyfidelity, what it is and how it works. I think here they do read profiles on Tinder, or many do at least. :shrug:

Hey if I have the confidence to put myself out on Grindr in theory Tinder should be easy right?

Indeed. If not, it may be worth exploring why that is not the case.

Severelius wrote:Maybe worst case scenario I'll move to Scotland if that's where all the decent blokes are, and just have to spend the rest of my life pretending to be able to understand a word they say to me. :lol:

You do get used to it ;)
Besides, some are actually perfectly comprehensible :D
And there is also a massive English immigrant population here :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 7601
+1s received: 2755
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby OutsideIn » 7 June 2021, 19:38

Severelius wrote:
OutsideIn wrote:
Severelius wrote:Do I actually want a boyfriend, or am I just lonely and getting that mixed up with my desire for cock...

Why do you assume those are two different things?

There's not really a lot of overlap in how I would theoretically pursue a legitimate relationship and how I pursue random hookups :P

Yes, but the feelings that are driving you may overlap. Sex can be a bonding experience for a lot of people so hookups that turn into relationships are not uncommon.
OutsideIn
 
Posts: 397
+1s received: 239
Joined: 25 November 2020, 18:58
Location: Earth
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Severelius » 7 June 2021, 19:40

René wrote:Indeed. If not, it may be worth exploring why that is not the case.

If I had to venture a thesis it'd be because I know I'm very good at sucking guys off but don't know if I'd be remotely good at actually being someone's boyfriend. I'd probably be a pretty terrible one.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 4703
+1s received: 1212
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby René » 7 June 2021, 20:00

Severelius wrote:
René wrote:Indeed. If not, it may be worth exploring why that is not the case.

If I had to venture a thesis it'd be because I know I'm very good at sucking guys off but don't know if I'd be remotely good at actually being someone's boyfriend. I'd probably be a pretty terrible one.

What makes you say that?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 7601
+1s received: 2755
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby OutsideIn » 7 June 2021, 23:51

Severelius wrote:If I had to venture a thesis it'd be because I know I'm very good at sucking guys off but don't know if I'd be remotely good at actually being someone's boyfriend. I'd probably be a pretty terrible one.

That's probably BS. It is easier to stay with hookups because there is less chance of getting hurt. If a relationship is really what you want, then you will have to take the risk. Relationships never work out.....until they do.
OutsideIn
 
Posts: 397
+1s received: 239
Joined: 25 November 2020, 18:58
Location: Earth
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby poolerboy0077 » 8 June 2021, 01:46

Feel free to use me as a starter boyfriend. I’ll even let you pay for my meals so you don’t feel emasculated. :shrug:
Blow: "Nowadays even Liam can release an album of his screechy vocals and it'll probably go #1..."
Ramzus: I can admit that I'm horny just about 24/7
homomorphism: I used to not think your name was deshay and that Erick was just being racist
Hunter: sometimes I think I was literally born to be a pornstar
User avatar
poolerboy0077
 
Posts: 9614
+1s received: 2648
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:20
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby OutsideIn » 8 June 2021, 02:49

As part of my job hunt, I have been contacted several times by different people in a well-known and highly competitive company. I have managed to feel flattered and completely inadequate at the same time. I am absolutely terrified of pursuing it further even though I really have nothing to lose except what little pride I have. I wonder if there is a name for all of my neuroses?
OutsideIn
 
Posts: 397
+1s received: 239
Joined: 25 November 2020, 18:58
Location: Earth
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby rogonandi » 8 June 2021, 23:29

We got pizza which was amazing for some reason…like they got good cooks for now! The only thing that spoils my evening is my bad-enough-to-distract-me leg pain. :thumbsupwink:
Image
rogonandi
 
Posts: 2034
+1s received: 1361
Joined: 12 May 2016, 10:02
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada (ca)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby McTaggartfan » 9 June 2021, 05:19

poolerboy0077 wrote:Feel free to use me as a starter boyfriend. I’ll even let you pay for my meals so you don’t feel emasculated. :shrug:


Awwwwww ! ! !
User avatar
McTaggartfan
 
Posts: 411
+1s received: 187
Joined: 7 February 2021, 02:12
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby erti » 9 June 2021, 17:02

I wonder if the kids obsessive need to be on the PlayStation is a coping mechanism of some sorts and needs to fine other stimulations to do occupy themselves.
“Don't take my devils away, because my angels may flee too.”

― Rainer Maria Rilke
User avatar
erti
 
Posts: 1658
+1s received: 1042
Joined: 30 November 2018, 09:58
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Brenden » 9 June 2021, 17:17

erti wrote:I wonder if the kids obsessive need to be on the PlayStation is a coping mechanism of some sorts and needs to fine other stimulations to do occupy themselves.

Interactive entertainment is literally designed by experts to be as addictive as possible to its target audience.
Disclaimer: All views expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the views of this forum except when otherwise stated or this signature is not present.

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 8833
+1s received: 3340
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby erti » 9 June 2021, 18:53

Brenden wrote:
erti wrote:I wonder if the kids obsessive need to be on the PlayStation is a coping mechanism of some sorts and needs to fine other stimulations to do occupy themselves.

Interactive entertainment is literally designed by experts to be as addictive as possible to its target audience.


True… but that’s every other thing. Like fast food, cigarettes, beer.. which all can be used and attract people who are vulnerable to addiction.
“Don't take my devils away, because my angels may flee too.”

― Rainer Maria Rilke
User avatar
erti
 
Posts: 1658
+1s received: 1042
Joined: 30 November 2018, 09:58
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Brenden » 9 June 2021, 19:41

erti wrote:
Brenden wrote:
erti wrote:I wonder if the kids obsessive need to be on the PlayStation is a coping mechanism of some sorts and needs to fine other stimulations to do occupy themselves.

Interactive entertainment is literally designed by experts to be as addictive as possible to its target audience.

True… but that’s every other thing. Like fast food, cigarettes, beer.. which all can be used and attract people who are vulnerable to addiction.

There’s a difference between something that is chemically addictive and something that is designed to be addictive to the mind. The latter is more insidious.
Disclaimer: All views expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the views of this forum except when otherwise stated or this signature is not present.

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 8833
+1s received: 3340
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby René » 9 June 2021, 19:48

Brenden wrote:
erti wrote:
Brenden wrote:
erti wrote:I wonder if the kids obsessive need to be on the PlayStation is a coping mechanism of some sorts and needs to fine other stimulations to do occupy themselves.

Interactive entertainment is literally designed by experts to be as addictive as possible to its target audience.

True… but that’s every other thing. Like fast food, cigarettes, beer.. which all can be used and attract people who are vulnerable to addiction.

There’s a difference between something that is chemically addictive and something that is designed to be addictive to the mind. The latter is more insidious.

I dunno, cigarettes are engineered products that have also been refined to hell and back to make them as addictive as possible, with lots of chemical additives and stuff.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 7601
+1s received: 2755
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: cakoceag874, CommonCrawl [Bot], cougar4327, EleniDoSorto66, erti, juanmole, Mr_Understood, René, rogonandi, Yandex [Bot] and 135 guests