What are you thinking at the moment?

Talk about anything and everything.

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby mxguy01 » 14 December 2018, 15:59

For a while now I've been thing about that I always considered my wife to have a tendency to be asexual. In the early years I just assumed that it was me with an overly healthy libido. My wife disclosed to me once that she had considered herself raped by a boyfriend. From what she described and if it were true, I'd agree. I hadn't really disbelieved her except that now it makes me wonder a bit. I will always recognize that I heard one side of the story with no collaboration so the possibility of it not being true exists. Just a fact. So I attributed what I perceived as a slightly asexual to not be a big deal. There's the old saying

Did you know if you put a jellybean in a jar every time you have sex before marriage, then take one out every time you have sex after marriage, you'll never run out of jellybeans?
<- I do wonder if this is true for gays too?

Well as the years drew on she got more asexual. I would say it was both a result of us drifting apart but more so her nature. Finally to the point, I wonder if I had told her I was gay at the right time, it could have been a workable situation.

Well now that I written it, I realize just how bad that would have went too.
---
I love to travel but hate to arrive -- Albert Einstein
---
The only thing worse than an Did Not Finish (DNF) is an Did Not Start (DNS). ~~ Me
---
It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness. ~~ Chinese fortune cookie
User avatar
mxguy01
 
Posts: 4059
+1s received: 1971
Joined: 23 October 2017, 23:12
Location: NorCal
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Brenden » 14 December 2018, 16:44

How do I make sense of this message in the context of an eBay listing?
If you get stuck bud I'll give you a ton for it.


What does get stuck mean? What’s a ton? Presumably less than my current buy-it-now price, but my price isn’t a lot as it is, so less wouldn’t be a ton to me.

:confused:
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 6668
+1s received: 1538
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby mxguy01 » 14 December 2018, 17:02

Brenden wrote:How do I make sense of this message in the context of an eBay listing?
If you get stuck bud I'll give you a ton for it.


What does get stuck mean? What’s a ton? Presumably less than my current buy-it-now price, but my price isn’t a lot as it is, so less wouldn’t be a ton to me.

:confused:

Maybe he meant 1/2 ton. As in he'll offer a trade for his 1982 F-150 pickup truck that doesn't run. I hate that kind of response. If you're interested, offer what you are willing to pay. Simple.
---
I love to travel but hate to arrive -- Albert Einstein
---
The only thing worse than an Did Not Finish (DNF) is an Did Not Start (DNS). ~~ Me
---
It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness. ~~ Chinese fortune cookie
User avatar
mxguy01
 
Posts: 4059
+1s received: 1971
Joined: 23 October 2017, 23:12
Location: NorCal
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Crisis_Jay » 14 December 2018, 20:59

I'm thinking I'll probably come out at work soon. People are fucking with me trying to get a reaction I think. Had a guy tell me to kiss him last night (the one who said he wants to rape me), another from his department said "I want some dick" a couple days ago so there's probably a rumor going around that I'm gay.
User avatar
Crisis_Jay
 
Posts: 51
+1s received: 81
Joined: 2 December 2018, 06:32
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby xrayspex78 » 14 December 2018, 21:42

Crisis_Jay wrote:I'm thinking I'll probably come out at work soon. People are fucking with me trying to get a reaction I think. Had a guy tell me to kiss him last night (the one who said he wants to rape me), another from his department said "I want some dick" a couple days ago so there's probably a rumor going around that I'm gay.


Hang in there Jay! :hug: One day you’ll be able to look back and laugh. :)
Things do get better.
“I got no trophies on display
I sign them away
I mean what the heck”

-Pretenders
xrayspex78
 
Posts: 1301
+1s received: 1157
Joined: 24 April 2018, 15:18
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Mod » 14 December 2018, 21:46

I like debating people as if they’re in good faith or actually thoughtful of their ideas but Christ some people are just plain dumb aren’t they?
It’s not enough to be edgy, they have to do it stupidly.
Money can't buy happiness; but we'll sell it to you anyway.
Mod
 
Posts: 3157
+1s received: 149
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:26

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby RJD » 14 December 2018, 23:56

"How the heck are people changing their name on here?"
Mine was selected by dropping stuff on my keyboard and thinking, "meh, it works".
Image
User avatar
RJD
 
Posts: 392
+1s received: 435
Joined: 17 April 2018, 15:44
Location: California
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Mod » 15 December 2018, 00:18

Just pm a mod or admin if you want a new name.
I’ve been thinking of changing mine again.
Can’t figure out if it’s easier to go back to the Mr.Monkey brand or my new properties, Mawd or Chups_
Money can't buy happiness; but we'll sell it to you anyway.
Mod
 
Posts: 3157
+1s received: 149
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:26

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Satsuma » 15 December 2018, 00:24

Crisis_Jay wrote:I'm thinking I'll probably come out at work soon. People are fucking with me trying to get a reaction I think. Had a guy tell me to kiss him last night (the one who said he wants to rape me), another from his department said "I want some dick" a couple days ago so there's probably a rumor going around that I'm gay.


Your colleagues sound like -insert insta-ban worthy word here-s.
Formerly Zoop C=^-^=
User avatar
Satsuma
 
Posts: 393
+1s received: 480
Joined: 19 September 2018, 22:57
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Subra » 15 December 2018, 00:30

Satsuma wrote:
Crisis_Jay wrote:I'm thinking I'll probably come out at work soon. People are fucking with me trying to get a reaction I think. Had a guy tell me to kiss him last night (the one who said he wants to rape me), another from his department said "I want some dick" a couple days ago so there's probably a rumor going around that I'm gay.


Your colleagues sound like -insert insta-ban worthy word here-s.

They sound like cunts.
Subra
 
Posts: 340
+1s received: 257
Joined: 11 August 2017, 09:12

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Satsuma » 15 December 2018, 00:31

Subra wrote:They sound like cunts.


Or that! :P

lol
Formerly Zoop C=^-^=
User avatar
Satsuma
 
Posts: 393
+1s received: 480
Joined: 19 September 2018, 22:57
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby mxguy01 » 15 December 2018, 08:28

Subra wrote:
Satsuma wrote:
Crisis_Jay wrote:I'm thinking I'll probably come out at work soon. People are fucking with me trying to get a reaction I think. Had a guy tell me to kiss him last night (the one who said he wants to rape me), another from his department said "I want some dick" a couple days ago so there's probably a rumor going around that I'm gay.


Your colleagues sound like -insert insta-ban worthy word here-s.

They sound like cunts.


Nothing more than just weak minded people. Unfortunately there are more than enough of them running around.

Sorry to hear your going through that Crisis_jay.
---
I love to travel but hate to arrive -- Albert Einstein
---
The only thing worse than an Did Not Finish (DNF) is an Did Not Start (DNS). ~~ Me
---
It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness. ~~ Chinese fortune cookie
User avatar
mxguy01
 
Posts: 4059
+1s received: 1971
Joined: 23 October 2017, 23:12
Location: NorCal
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby RJD » 15 December 2018, 08:44

Crisis_Jay wrote:I'm thinking I'll probably come out at work soon. People are fucking with me trying to get a reaction I think. Had a guy tell me to kiss him last night (the one who said he wants to rape me), another from his department said "I want some dick" a couple days ago so there's probably a rumor going around that I'm gay.


You’re in the US buddy. One of those is an immediate dismissal, the other is a harassment case. Definitely do something about the guy saying he wants to rape you, totally not ok.
Image
User avatar
RJD
 
Posts: 392
+1s received: 435
Joined: 17 April 2018, 15:44
Location: California
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby rogonandi » 15 December 2018, 09:20

I was doing some number crunching in my head and the way I have the skill learning system set up in my game, the characters will probably not be able to master all of the skill and stat building Emblems they can buy or find...

This can be a good thing, as this makes the players strategize what sort of skills they want the characters to have, but since a lot of the game is randomized it’s possible that the characters may not end up finding Emblems needed and end up underpowered by the end... :shrug:
People love to follow fools; they don't feel so alone then.

Image
User avatar
rogonandi
 
Posts: 1289
+1s received: 823
Joined: 12 May 2016, 10:02
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada (ca)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Crisis_Jay » 15 December 2018, 11:55

RJD wrote:
Crisis_Jay wrote:I'm thinking I'll probably come out at work soon. People are fucking with me trying to get a reaction I think. Had a guy tell me to kiss him last night (the one who said he wants to rape me), another from his department said "I want some dick" a couple days ago so there's probably a rumor going around that I'm gay.


You’re in the US buddy. One of those is an immediate dismissal, the other is a harassment case. Definitely do something about the guy saying he wants to rape you, totally not ok.

Same guy also calls me faggot. "Kiss me you faggot".

Really what the fuck is going through people's heads? I should have thrown him against the wall and stuck my tongue down his throat. That would shut him up. It's been going on for about a year, various levels of inappropriate comments. I've been dismissing most of it as to not make a huge issue, but sometimes lines are crossed and it can't be ignored anymore.
User avatar
Crisis_Jay
 
Posts: 51
+1s received: 81
Joined: 2 December 2018, 06:32
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby PopTart » 15 December 2018, 12:29

Crisis_Jay wrote:
RJD wrote:
Crisis_Jay wrote:I'm thinking I'll probably come out at work soon. People are fucking with me trying to get a reaction I think. Had a guy tell me to kiss him last night (the one who said he wants to rape me), another from his department said "I want some dick" a couple days ago so there's probably a rumor going around that I'm gay.


You’re in the US buddy. One of those is an immediate dismissal, the other is a harassment case. Definitely do something about the guy saying he wants to rape you, totally not ok.

Same guy also calls me faggot. "Kiss me you faggot".

Really what the fuck is going through people's heads? I should have thrown him against the wall and stuck my tongue down his throat. That would shut him up. It's been going on for about a year, various levels of inappropriate comments. I've been dismissing most of it as to not make a huge issue, but sometimes lines are crossed and it can't be ignored anymore.

Whats the tone of these comments? Are they said in a hostile way or are the meant in jest.

I ask as the place I work has this one manager who is wildly inappropriate with alot of the guys (and girls) there. He slaps guys asses, gropes them and if someone bends down in front of him he makes out they are blowing him. It's all meant in humour and alot of the guys quickly play upto it, pretending to be his favoured bitch or saying they'll see him at home after work for a hard pounding.

Just yesterday, one of the other workers was rubbing another guys nipples from behind, now these are two of the straightest guys your likely to meet :lol:

Alot of this sort of thing does kinda happen in blue collar work environments. Could it be your mis-reading abit of light banter as something more directed at you, because your secretly gay?
ImageImage
User avatar
PopTart
 
Posts: 2580
+1s received: 2152
Joined: 12 December 2017, 11:15
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Crisis_Jay » 15 December 2018, 12:57

PopTart wrote:
Crisis_Jay wrote:
RJD wrote:
Crisis_Jay wrote:I'm thinking I'll probably come out at work soon. People are fucking with me trying to get a reaction I think. Had a guy tell me to kiss him last night (the one who said he wants to rape me), another from his department said "I want some dick" a couple days ago so there's probably a rumor going around that I'm gay.


You’re in the US buddy. One of those is an immediate dismissal, the other is a harassment case. Definitely do something about the guy saying he wants to rape you, totally not ok.

Same guy also calls me faggot. "Kiss me you faggot".

Really what the fuck is going through people's heads? I should have thrown him against the wall and stuck my tongue down his throat. That would shut him up. It's been going on for about a year, various levels of inappropriate comments. I've been dismissing most of it as to not make a huge issue, but sometimes lines are crossed and it can't be ignored anymore.

Whats the tone of these comments? Are they said in a hostile way or are the meant in jest.

I ask as the place I work has this one manager who is wildly inappropriate with alot of the guys (and girls) there. He slaps guys asses, gropes them and if someone bends down in front of him he makes out they are blowing him. It's all meant in humour and alot of the guys quickly play upto it, pretending to be his favoured bitch or saying they'll see him at home after work for a hard pounding.

Just yesterday, one of the other workers was rubbing another guys nipples from behind, now these are two of the straightest guys your likely to meet :lol:

Alot of this sort of thing does kinda happen in blue collar work environments. Could it be your mis-reading abit of light banter as something more directed at you, because your secretly gay?

If a manager did anything like the above at our place they'd be in deep shit and have a potential lawsuit if someone got pissed at him. lol. They're pretty serious about sexual harassment at corporate-run places. At least at the ones I've worked. They have to protect their public image.

We've never had an argument or anything so nothing has been said in a way I'd take as being intentionally hostile, so it could all be in jest. It's just not the type of humor I've encountered if so and I'm not very comfortable with it. If he thinks I'm gay and calls me faggot and makes sexual comments all the time, that's another ballgame. That's what I'd like to find out. If things are being said behind the scenes.
User avatar
Crisis_Jay
 
Posts: 51
+1s received: 81
Joined: 2 December 2018, 06:32
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby PopTart » 15 December 2018, 13:51

Oh the company I work for is an international and has a reputation to consider too, but generally, everyone is fine with it :D

As to people suspecting you might be gay, could be! We always have discussions about the people we think might be gay or just up for it after a few beers. No one really means anything by it.

Could be they suspect and it's become something of a game in their minds, not realising it stresses you out, they may not mean harm while inadvertently doing harm.

The question then becomes, if harm isn't meant yet offense is taken, is that something coming from them or from you?

That's not to say that your reaction is wrong, but that the manner in which you perceive it, is different from the intent, which might change your opinion on the people in question and you might not feel quite so ruffled or exposed by their behaviour. :shrug:

If it really bothers you on some moral or professional level, then I think you need to stand up and make it known you dont like it.

If however, your discomfort is born of the fear and suspicion they are circling your secret, then perhaps, it's time to let go of that secret and just be yourself?

If they don't seem malicious in their intent, maybe you can read into their behaviour, that they don't really find anything objectionable about being gay or into all the sexual stuff that cones with it.

Only you can determine and decide that, but doing so from a place of self awareness, where your discomfort really comes from and how you perceive their attitudes, only then will you be in a place to make as informed a decision as you can.

Good luck. ;)
ImageImage
User avatar
PopTart
 
Posts: 2580
+1s received: 2152
Joined: 12 December 2017, 11:15
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby mxguy01 » 15 December 2018, 22:24

My company is pretty good about it. Honestly, other than I work remote and my being gay having no bearing, if I were to be out it would rather be more beneficial to me - my company likes symbols of there acceptance lol. ll have to take yearly training on ethics and that is part of it. You'd only have to say the words "Your know if someone reports that to HR it won't be fun for you" and it comes to a screeching halt.

Then again me being me, I'd probably say something like "Yea I'm a fagot and I love it. Straights are just fucked up in the head". and then walk away.

No matter what approach you take be strong and hang in there.
---
I love to travel but hate to arrive -- Albert Einstein
---
The only thing worse than an Did Not Finish (DNF) is an Did Not Start (DNS). ~~ Me
---
It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness. ~~ Chinese fortune cookie
User avatar
mxguy01
 
Posts: 4059
+1s received: 1971
Joined: 23 October 2017, 23:12
Location: NorCal
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Crisis_Jay » 15 December 2018, 22:39

mxguy01 wrote:My company is pretty good about it. Honestly, other than I work remote and my being gay having no bearing, if I were to be out it would rather be more beneficial to me - my company likes symbols of there acceptance lol. ll have to take yearly training on ethics and that is part of it. You'd only have to say the words "Your know if someone reports that to HR it won't be fun for you" and it comes to a screeching halt.

Then again me being me, I'd probably say something like "Yea I'm a fagot and I love it. Straights are just fucked up in the head". and then walk away.

No matter what approach you take be strong and hang in there.

Part of me is seriously leaning towards he's coming onto me. Or at least testing the waters hard to see if I'll do something. When I saw him this morning he just stared at me as he walked past to check his work orders with a weird grin on his face. Then he called me over to help him find something and said, "Oh yeah" as he took it out of my hand, like in a slow sexual way, and kept staring at me not saying anything else. Often when he takes something from me he'll grab my hand as he's doing it while making eye contact. As PT said I could be reading more into it than a straight person would. But some of the things he's said/done and his mannerisms as he's doing it makes me wonder.

I'll think of something tactful to say Sunday night. I like your idea though.
User avatar
Crisis_Jay
 
Posts: 51
+1s received: 81
Joined: 2 December 2018, 06:32
Country: United States (us)

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], eastcoast2254, erti, Google [Bot], Jacketh, Karbon, mxguy01, rogonandi, Severelius, Seznam [Bot], xccxzz and 64 guests