What are you thinking at the moment?

Talk about anything and everything.
PostThis post was deleted by Victor_Laszlo on 8 April 2019, 03:12.

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Ant » 8 April 2019, 14:00

Hoping Theresa May gets the Brexit extention on Wednesday, as I need more time to stockpile food and toiletries.
User avatar
Ant
 
Posts: 37
+1s received: 3
Joined: 18 March 2019, 17:30
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby René » 8 April 2019, 14:12

Ant wrote:Hoping Theresa May gets the Brexit extention on Wednesday, as I need more time to stockpile food and toiletries.

My no-deal preparations have been ongoing for several months and the postman has just brought them to completion. I am now fully prepared in case we find ourselves outside a customs union with Bulgaria.
ImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 4342
+1s received: 946
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Ant » 8 April 2019, 14:38

René wrote:
Ant wrote:Hoping Theresa May gets the Brexit extention on Wednesday, as I need more time to stockpile food and toiletries.

My no-deal preparations have been ongoing for several months and the postman has just brought them to completion. I am now fully prepared in case we find ourselves outside a customs union with Bulgaria.


I think she will get the extention on Wednesday. I only have a little more goods to stockpile.
User avatar
Ant
 
Posts: 37
+1s received: 3
Joined: 18 March 2019, 17:30
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Marmaduke » 8 April 2019, 14:45

I wouldn’t worry too much about it, I’m hedging my bets on Brexit never actually happening at all at this point. Parliament has demonstrated that it simultaneously will not allow a no deal, and will not back literally any possible permutation of a deal. Our Government is an embarrassment and we should blow up The Palace of Westminster in protest.
Last edited by Marmaduke on 8 April 2019, 14:48, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Marmaduke
 
Posts: 5971
+1s received: 821
Joined: 23 December 2012, 17:56
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby René » 8 April 2019, 14:47

Ant wrote:
René wrote:
Ant wrote:Hoping Theresa May gets the Brexit extention on Wednesday, as I need more time to stockpile food and toiletries.

My no-deal preparations have been ongoing for several months and the postman has just brought them to completion. I am now fully prepared in case we find ourselves outside a customs union with Bulgaria.

I think she will get the extention on Wednesday. I only have a little more goods to stockpile.

I would be very surprised if she didn't get one at all — even the French want to allow at least 2 more weeks IIRC :)
ImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 4342
+1s received: 946
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Ant » 8 April 2019, 15:07

Marmaduke wrote:I wouldn’t worry too much about it, I’m hedging my bets on Brexit never actually happening at all at this point. Parliament has demonstrated that it simultaneously will not allow a no deal, and will not back literally any possible permutation of a deal. Our Government is an embarrassment and we should blow up The Palace of Westminster in protest.



I was a remainer, and really hope Brexit doesn't happen. Theresa May is a total joke. Hope she goes soon like she said she would.
User avatar
Ant
 
Posts: 37
+1s received: 3
Joined: 18 March 2019, 17:30
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Ant » 8 April 2019, 15:08

René wrote:
Ant wrote:
René wrote:
Ant wrote:Hoping Theresa May gets the Brexit extention on Wednesday, as I need more time to stockpile food and toiletries.

My no-deal preparations have been ongoing for several months and the postman has just brought them to completion. I am now fully prepared in case we find ourselves outside a customs union with Bulgaria.

I think she will get the extention on Wednesday. I only have a little more goods to stockpile.

I would be very surprised if she didn't get one at all — even the French want to allow at least 2 more weeks IIRC :)


The French were all for putting a spanner in the works a few weeks back too.
User avatar
Ant
 
Posts: 37
+1s received: 3
Joined: 18 March 2019, 17:30
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Brenden » 8 April 2019, 16:00

Marmaduke wrote:Our Government is an embarrassment and we should blow up The Palace of Westminster in protest.

It’s not the building’s fault! :sadblue:
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 6434
+1s received: 1368
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Victor_Laszlo » 8 April 2019, 17:14

As a dumb american can one of you please explain this whole brexit thing? :)

Ive seen the documentary a few years back but thats about it.
Formerly known as Simple_Man

Edna St. Vincent Millay — 'My candle burns at both ends;It will not last the night; But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends—It gives a lovely light!'
User avatar
Victor_Laszlo
 
Posts: 2642
+1s received: 1807
Joined: 30 September 2017, 16:43
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Marmaduke » 8 April 2019, 17:56

Victor_Laszlo wrote:As a dumb american can one of you please explain this whole brexit thing? :)

Ive seen the documentary a few years back but thats about it.

Our country is divided down the middle as to whether or not we want to stay in the European Union and has been for some time. Neither side of the argument has, at any point, handled themselves in a manner vaguely resembling informed or professional. Their incompetence has been facilitated by a media that has wholly surrendered it’s core function to inform the public of the facts they need to make decisions. The process continues in a haphazard and embarrassing fashion that makes me wish I could emigrate and will likely never be resolved.
User avatar
Marmaduke
 
Posts: 5971
+1s received: 821
Joined: 23 December 2012, 17:56
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Derek » 8 April 2019, 21:44

I say let it rip. It's been going on for sooo long. The sooner you get it done with the sooner you can all agree that things still suck and you should try something else.
User avatar
Derek
 
Posts: 5162
+1s received: 1391
Joined: 21 December 2012, 02:12
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Victor_Laszlo » 8 April 2019, 23:02

^^ that's kinda what confused me. I thought this whole thing was over a long time ago.

Im gonna watch some more current news stories on it i guess. But it seems to be at the same place it was when this whole thing started.

On a sidenote. The weather was beautiful out today. T shirts and short's kinda weather. But theres lots of rain in the forecast. :(
Formerly known as Simple_Man

Edna St. Vincent Millay — 'My candle burns at both ends;It will not last the night; But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends—It gives a lovely light!'
User avatar
Victor_Laszlo
 
Posts: 2642
+1s received: 1807
Joined: 30 September 2017, 16:43
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Adrian » 8 April 2019, 23:46

Adrian wrote:
Adrian wrote:8 April 2016, 11:19 : Happy 6th anniversary Brenden and Rene!


7


9!
User avatar
Adrian
 
Posts: 189
+1s received: 18
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:35
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Brenden » 9 April 2019, 11:48

Adrian wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Adrian wrote:8 April 2016, 11:19 : Happy 6th anniversary Brenden and Rene!


7


9!

Just in British Summer time!

Thanks :keke:
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 6434
+1s received: 1368
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Jacketh » 9 April 2019, 22:24

Derek wrote:I say let it rip. It's been going on for sooo long. The sooner you get it done with the sooner you can all agree that things still suck and you should try something else.


The whole debate and issues the government are facing right now isn't about whether we should be leaving (the government, as well as the opposition party, both agree and want to respect the result of the referendum), its more so about how and what our future relationship with the European Union looks like. Some MPs want a complete clean break with the EU, so that they have practically zero influence on our politics and we trade on WTO terms with them until we/if we strike a trade deal with them. Others want to keep us extremely closely aligned with the EU in the same way Norway are (who essentially abide by practically every EU regulation bar a few, and have freedom of movement; even if they're not technically in the EU).

The whole thing is one big mess as there is no majority for seemingly any route of the EU. It's one big mess.
User avatar
Jacketh
 
Posts: 522
+1s received: 254
Joined: 30 January 2015, 00:12
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Derek » 9 April 2019, 22:55

Jacketh wrote:
Derek wrote:I say let it rip. It's been going on for sooo long. The sooner you get it done with the sooner you can all agree that things still suck and you should try something else.


The whole debate and issues the government are facing right now isn't about whether we should be leaving (the government, as well as the opposition party, both agree and want to respect the result of the referendum), its more so about how and what our future relationship with the European Union looks like. Some MPs want a complete clean break with the EU, so that they have practically zero influence on our politics and we trade on WTO terms with them until we/if we strike a trade deal with them. Others want to keep us extremely closely aligned with the EU in the same way Norway are (who essentially abide by practically every EU regulation bar a few, and have freedom of movement; even if they're not technically in the EU).

The whole thing is one big mess as there is no majority for seemingly any route of the EU. It's one big mess.

Well I don't know anything about Britain (I want to say Spice Girls and opium?), but I do know you're no Norway. Do it ASAP. Make it hurt as much as possible. Galvanize a reaction instead of succumbing to death by a thousand cuts.
User avatar
Derek
 
Posts: 5162
+1s received: 1391
Joined: 21 December 2012, 02:12
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby poolerboy0077 » 10 April 2019, 04:14

Derek wrote:(I want to say Spice Girls and opium?)

I think the American South has successfully cornered that market.




Check it out. The Biebs made a poem for Hailey:

Sunlight falls into the Abiss
Just like i fall into your lips
Waves crash onto the shore
My love for you grows more and more
Sound of the crickets a true meditation
I think of you, gods greatest creation.
As i fall into this blissful state
I i ponder on how you’re MY SOULMATE
Its getting dark to dark to see
A chilling breeze embraces me
The smell of camomile fresh from the garden
My life is a movie that both of us star in.
Speaking of stars I’m starting to see some
They light up the sky, reminds me of my freedom
How big and how vast our world is around us
So grateful for god we were lost but he found us
So i write the poem with him always in mind
Things all around us Just get better with time I fall more in love with you everyday. You have walked hand and hand with me as I get my emotions, mind body soul in tact. You have given me so much strength support encouragement and joy. I just wanted to publicly honor you! I hope you have a great shoot today :)


Why don’t you ever make a poem for me, Derek? :oface:
Blow: "Nowadays even Liam can release an album of his screechy vocals and it'll probably go #1..."
Ramzus: I can admit that I'm horny just about 24/7
homomorphism: I used to not think your name was deshay and that Erick was just being racist
Hunter: sometimes I think I was literally born to be a pornstar
User avatar
poolerboy0077
 
Posts: 7345
+1s received: 1457
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:20
Country: United States (us)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby rogonandi » 10 April 2019, 05:47

I’ve grown to hate the way the first city in the game looks and is designed so I’m overhauling the graphics. :shrug:
People love to follow fools; they don't feel so alone then.

Image
User avatar
rogonandi
 
Posts: 1189
+1s received: 778
Joined: 12 May 2016, 10:02
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada (ca)

Re: What are you thinking at the moment?

Unread postby Derek » 11 April 2019, 02:24

poolerboy0077 wrote:Why don’t you ever make a poem for me, Derek? :oface:

Are you saying I'm the Bieber to your Hailey? Also, who the hell is Hailey?
User avatar
Derek
 
Posts: 5162
+1s received: 1391
Joined: 21 December 2012, 02:12
Country: United States (us)

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: acpro, Bing [Bot], bondiusmj, CommonCrawl [Bot], René, Yandex [Bot] and 58 guests