What made your day / made you smile today?

Talk about anything and everything.

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby trywait » 18 April 2019, 22:27

starting the weekend!
User avatar
trywait
 
Posts: 47
+1s received: 25
Joined: 28 December 2018, 01:03

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby Brenden » 20 April 2019, 16:01

The weather is glorious. Did some gardening on the balcony this afternoon; planted peas and tended to my clematises and fuchsia (they weren't killed by the snow a few weeks ago, yay).
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 6685
+1s received: 1542
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby Marmaduke » 20 April 2019, 16:03

Brenden wrote:The weather is glorious. Did some gardening on the balcony this afternoon; planted peas and tended to my clematises and fuchsia (they weren't killed by the snow a few weeks ago, yay).

Yours was a much more productive day than mine. I just drank a bottle of Prosecco whilst lying in the sun. I had a lovely day bounding around the countryside yesterday though.
User avatar
Marmaduke
 
Posts: 6155
+1s received: 1044
Joined: 23 December 2012, 17:56
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby rxxli » 21 April 2019, 00:17

René wrote:4-day weekend :awesome:

I am envious. Mine is only three days.
Still better than two though.

Plus I have a whole week off around may 1st which is only a week away. Can’t wait.
Image
User avatar
rxxli
 
Posts: 4309
+1s received: 254
Joined: 21 December 2012, 21:33
Country: Slovenia (si)

PostThis post was deleted by René on 21 April 2019, 06:41.
Reason: Spam

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby Victor_Laszlo » 21 April 2019, 23:26



Omg this is adorable. Why's it look like the dog is giving huge smiles. :keke:

Also had a good day at my parent's house today. Took my niece to the park and out for ice cream. And had a good Easter dinner. So it was a good day. And the weather was beautiful out. :)
"We are stardust, we are golden." Joni Mitchell

"Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me,
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been."_____ the grateful dead.

Edna St. Vincent Millay — 'My candle burns at both ends;It will not last the night; But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends—It gives a lovely light!'
User avatar
Victor_Laszlo
 
Posts: 3082
+1s received: 2005
Joined: 30 September 2017, 16:43
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States (us)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby Prince_G_24 » 23 April 2019, 02:27

:3 :3 :3
A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death.
- Code Geass
Image Image
User avatar
Prince_G_24
 
Posts: 2397
+1s received: 903
Joined: 25 November 2016, 07:01
Location: New England
Country: United States (us)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby Prince_G_24 » 30 April 2019, 02:30

A student from work. As tiring as my job can get at times, some of the kids are good at brightening my day up. :)
A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death.
- Code Geass
Image Image
User avatar
Prince_G_24
 
Posts: 2397
+1s received: 903
Joined: 25 November 2016, 07:01
Location: New England
Country: United States (us)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby Brenden » 30 April 2019, 20:47

Had to go into Glasgow for a ‘biometric appointment’ for my immigration status, so René and I made a day of it and had lunch then saw Avengers: Endgame. :keke:
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 6685
+1s received: 1542
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby Marmaduke » 30 April 2019, 21:37

Brenden wrote:Had to go into Glasgow for a ‘biometric appointment’ for my immigration status, so René and I made a day of it and had lunch then saw Avengers: Endgame. :keke:

My god there were a lot of people openly bawling their eyes out at the end when I went to the cinema. I mean, I’ll admit, it hit me in the feels, but nothing like the woman two seats to my left. She was gasping for breath through the tears.
User avatar
Marmaduke
 
Posts: 6155
+1s received: 1044
Joined: 23 December 2012, 17:56
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby erti » 30 April 2019, 21:46

went to my psych doctor today... she changed my antipsychotic medication because the hospital i was at was incompetent and released me before i was stable enough... twice on meds that cause serious side effects and meds that just didn't work. I'm happy i'm trying something new. hopefully it works.
User avatar
erti
 
Posts: 552
+1s received: 423
Joined: 30 November 2018, 09:58
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States (us)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby René » 30 April 2019, 22:01

Marmaduke wrote:
Brenden wrote:Had to go into Glasgow for a ‘biometric appointment’ for my immigration status, so René and I made a day of it and had lunch then saw Avengers: Endgame. :keke:

My god there were a lot of people openly bawling their eyes out at the end when I went to the cinema. I mean, I’ll admit, it hit me in the feels, but nothing like the woman two seats to my left. She was gasping for breath through the tears.

Haha, whoa.

erti wrote:went to my psych doctor today... she changed my antipsychotic medication because the hospital i was at was incompetent and released me before i was stable enough... twice on meds that cause serious side effects and meds that just didn't work. I'm happy i'm trying something new. hopefully it works.

Have you ever tried aripiprazole?

If I ever needed to take an antipsychotic, that's the one I would insist on (and obtain it myself if necessary). Unlike most other antipsychotics, its mechanism of action actually prevents a lot of the potentially serious side effects like excess prolactin and tardive dyskinesia.

(It is my understanding that insurers object to drugs like aripiprazole being tried before others because they are more expensive, which is really sad because many people are suffering needlessly from horrible common side effects while there's a well-studied alternative on the market that doesn't have them.)
ImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 4552
+1s received: 1069
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby erti » 30 April 2019, 22:22

René wrote:Have you ever tried aripiprazole?

If I ever needed to take an antipsychotic, that's the one I would insist on (and obtain it myself if necessary). Unlike most other antipsychotics, its mechanism of action actually prevents a lot of the potentially serious side effects like excess prolactin and tardive dyskinesia.

(It is my understanding that insurers object to drugs like aripiprazole being tried before others because they are more expensive, which is really sad because many people are suffering needlessly from horrible common side effects while there's a well-studied alternative on the market that doesn't have them.)


Well, tried Abilify and it didn't work. felt like i was taking nothing even at its highest dosage.

I've tried abilify, risperidone, invega, vraylar, seroquel, zyprexa, and geodon as far as atypical antipsychotics go
as for typicals ive tried thorezine, Loxapine, perphenzine, and haldol... The typical antipsycotics gave me tardive dyskinesia or dystonia so i can't take take them anymore. I was on 40 mg of haldol a day and it gave me TD after a while. it helped the most compared to other antipsychotics... next to zyprexa. If the antipsychoic i'm trying now (saphris) doesn't work i may just try clozapine. i'm desperate. I think if meds wont work... maybe i really am psychic? who knows.
User avatar
erti
 
Posts: 552
+1s received: 423
Joined: 30 November 2018, 09:58
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States (us)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby René » 30 April 2019, 23:02

erti wrote:I think if meds wont work... maybe i really am psychic? who knows.

Well, let's not jump to any conclusions.

Hopefully the new one will help more!

It's really interesting that aripiprazole/Abilify felt like taking nothing. I've previously experimented with very low doses of it for a different reason, and even doses between 0.1 and 0.5 mg/day had very noticeable effects on me.

Did you go up to 30 mg/day and stay on the same dose for the several weeks it takes to build up in your system?

(The half-life is really long and it also has very long-lived active metabolites, so to see effects quickly you'd need a far higher initial dose than the ones normally used, which not all clinicians realise.)
ImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 4552
+1s received: 1069
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby erti » 30 April 2019, 23:24

Yeah, i've tried the highest dosage of abilify and have been on it for a long time without much difference. the psych doctor changed it to zyprexa. zyprexa then stopped working and i found myself in the hospital for a long time trying out different meds without much help and even with the haldol they wanted to changed it back to abilify and i try to tell them abilify didn't work... they basically said if i'm not willing to try it they'd just discharge me from the hospital with just the haldol. About 6 months later i was in the hospital again because they tried to take me off haldol and try something else in hopes it worked better... only made things worse so they put me back on a lower dosage of haldol... then slowly got higher but i ended up in the hospital again and they raised my haldol 20mg twice a day... haldol eventually gave me TD after a while. then we tried geodon... on geodon i liked it because i lost 17 pounds in a month and a half... but did nothing for the spirits, gods/goddess. demons. dead children, and shadows.
User avatar
erti
 
Posts: 552
+1s received: 423
Joined: 30 November 2018, 09:58
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States (us)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby Brenden » 1 May 2019, 08:35

Marmaduke wrote:
Brenden wrote:Had to go into Glasgow for a ‘biometric appointment’ for my immigration status, so René and I made a day of it and had lunch then saw Avengers: Endgame. :keke:

My god there were a lot of people openly bawling their eyes out at the end when I went to the cinema. I mean, I’ll admit, it hit me in the feels, but nothing like the woman two seats to my left. She was gasping for breath through the tears.

There was this one guy who was laughing uncontrollably at some parts in the middle, spilling over from the small joke moments to the following serious scenes, but I don't think anyone was crying.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 6685
+1s received: 1542
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby René » 1 May 2019, 08:40

Brenden wrote:
Marmaduke wrote:
Brenden wrote:Had to go into Glasgow for a ‘biometric appointment’ for my immigration status, so René and I made a day of it and had lunch then saw Avengers: Endgame. :keke:

My god there were a lot of people openly bawling their eyes out at the end when I went to the cinema. I mean, I’ll admit, it hit me in the feels, but nothing like the woman two seats to my left. She was gasping for breath through the tears.

There was this one guy who was laughing uncontrollably at some parts in the middle, spilling over from the small joke moments to the following serious scenes, but I don't think anyone was crying.

Scots are made of sturdier stuff.
ImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 4552
+1s received: 1069
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby Marmaduke » 1 May 2019, 09:43

René wrote:
Brenden wrote:
Marmaduke wrote:
Brenden wrote:Had to go into Glasgow for a ‘biometric appointment’ for my immigration status, so René and I made a day of it and had lunch then saw Avengers: Endgame. :keke:

My god there were a lot of people openly bawling their eyes out at the end when I went to the cinema. I mean, I’ll admit, it hit me in the feels, but nothing like the woman two seats to my left. She was gasping for breath through the tears.

There was this one guy who was laughing uncontrollably at some parts in the middle, spilling over from the small joke moments to the following serious scenes, but I don't think anyone was crying.

Scots are made of sturdier stuff.

It took me soooo fucking long to place who that boy was stood at the back near the house in that final scene. I was profoundly distracted for about 45 minutes thinking “I know that face!”
User avatar
Marmaduke
 
Posts: 6155
+1s received: 1044
Joined: 23 December 2012, 17:56
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby Brenden » 1 May 2019, 09:46

Marmaduke wrote:
René wrote:
Brenden wrote:
Marmaduke wrote:
Brenden wrote:Had to go into Glasgow for a ‘biometric appointment’ for my immigration status, so René and I made a day of it and had lunch then saw Avengers: Endgame. :keke:

My god there were a lot of people openly bawling their eyes out at the end when I went to the cinema. I mean, I’ll admit, it hit me in the feels, but nothing like the woman two seats to my left. She was gasping for breath through the tears.

There was this one guy who was laughing uncontrollably at some parts in the middle, spilling over from the small joke moments to the following serious scenes, but I don't think anyone was crying.

Scots are made of sturdier stuff.

It took me soooo fucking long to place who that boy was stood at the back near the house in that final scene. I was profoundly distracted for about 45 minutes thinking “I know that face!”

Who was it? I think I know what you're talking about.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 6685
+1s received: 1542
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby Marmaduke » 1 May 2019, 09:51

Brenden wrote:
Marmaduke wrote:
René wrote:
Brenden wrote:
Marmaduke wrote:
Brenden wrote:Had to go into Glasgow for a ‘biometric appointment’ for my immigration status, so René and I made a day of it and had lunch then saw Avengers: Endgame. :keke:

My god there were a lot of people openly bawling their eyes out at the end when I went to the cinema. I mean, I’ll admit, it hit me in the feels, but nothing like the woman two seats to my left. She was gasping for breath through the tears.

There was this one guy who was laughing uncontrollably at some parts in the middle, spilling over from the small joke moments to the following serious scenes, but I don't think anyone was crying.

Scots are made of sturdier stuff.

It took me soooo fucking long to place who that boy was stood at the back near the house in that final scene. I was profoundly distracted for about 45 minutes thinking “I know that face!”

Who was it? I think I know what you're talking about.

It was the little boy in the garage from iron man 3.
User avatar
Marmaduke
 
Posts: 6155
+1s received: 1044
Joined: 23 December 2012, 17:56
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CommonCrawl [Bot], DotNetDotCom.org [Bot], Google [Bot], Iamjava, jimbo_xix, Nice guy Mark, Severelius and 76 guests