What made your day / made you smile today?

Talk about anything and everything.

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby Shaved-Nudist » 1 May 2019, 22:27

82 degrees in Ohio today and it's great!!!
Try living nude!
User avatar
Shaved-Nudist
 
Posts: 385
+1s received: 153
Joined: 21 January 2019, 16:43
Location: N.E. Ohio
Country: United States (us)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby René » 2 May 2019, 09:23

Brenden wrote:
Marmaduke wrote:
Brenden wrote:Had to go into Glasgow for a ‘biometric appointment’ for my immigration status, so René and I made a day of it and had lunch then saw Avengers: Endgame. :keke:

My god there were a lot of people openly bawling their eyes out at the end when I went to the cinema. I mean, I’ll admit, it hit me in the feels, but nothing like the woman two seats to my left. She was gasping for breath through the tears.

There was this one guy who was laughing uncontrollably at some parts in the middle, spilling over from the small joke moments to the following serious scenes, but I don't think anyone was crying.

A woman in China was reportedly hospitalised after crying uncontrollably during a showing of Avengers: Endgame.

According to The Paper, a local publication, the woman reported feeling short of breath after the film, with her hands and feet going numb.

She went to the ER, where doctors said they believed she was suffering from hyperventilation. She was given oxygen and eventually recovered.
ImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 4453
+1s received: 1004
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby erti » 2 May 2019, 09:32

I've woke up this morning around 2:40am after a saphris induced sleep... this is the most/best sleep i've gotten in the last few months due to mania type symptoms. As far as the weird thoughts and "hallucinations" they're still there like always. Still, i think i'm in a better mood now that i got some sleep.
User avatar
erti
 
Posts: 306
+1s received: 295
Joined: 30 November 2018, 09:58
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States (us)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby rxxli » 2 May 2019, 22:28



This is what made me smile today. I've always had a bit of a fascination with industrial music (though I haven't really listened to it actively). This one combines the industrial beat with cute guys in BDSM gear... I mean... what's not to like here.
Image
User avatar
rxxli
 
Posts: 4264
+1s received: 233
Joined: 21 December 2012, 21:33
Country: Slovenia (si)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby Marmaduke » 3 May 2019, 17:50

I had a lovely nap in the middle of the day at work today, slept for a full hour undisturbed and had a lovely forum-related dream where me and René bought an old oil tanker that we were going to repurpose to transport peanut sauce in great quantities from China to Scotland. Brenden was super mad at us.
User avatar
Marmaduke
 
Posts: 6037
+1s received: 902
Joined: 23 December 2012, 17:56
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby René » 3 May 2019, 17:59

Marmaduke wrote:I had a lovely nap in the middle of the day at work today, slept for a full hour undisturbed and had a lovely forum-related dream where me and René bought an old oil tanker that we were going to repurpose to transport peanut sauce in great quantities from China to Scotland. Brenden was super mad at us.

:lol:

In my most recent forum-related dream a group of us got into exploring abandoned buildings together. It had a Fallout-like feel to it.
ImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 4453
+1s received: 1004
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby Victor_Laszlo » 3 May 2019, 18:32

We were scheduled to do 10 hour's at work today. But this morning they said we were just doing 6. :3. I love getting done at noon.

Might even take a nap. :keke:
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." Terry Prachett

Edna St. Vincent Millay — 'My candle burns at both ends;It will not last the night; But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends—It gives a lovely light!'
User avatar
Victor_Laszlo
 
Posts: 2773
+1s received: 1882
Joined: 30 September 2017, 16:43
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States (us)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby mxguy01 » 3 May 2019, 21:00

New helmet for street. Just tried it out on a short ride and I really like it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
---
I love to travel but hate to arrive -- Albert Einstein
---
The only thing worse than an Did Not Finish (DNF) is an Did Not Start (DNS). ~~ Me
---
It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness. ~~ Chinese fortune cookie
User avatar
mxguy01
 
Posts: 3727
+1s received: 1832
Joined: 23 October 2017, 23:12
Location: NorCal
Country: United States (us)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby poolerboy0077 » 4 May 2019, 07:50

Blow: "Nowadays even Liam can release an album of his screechy vocals and it'll probably go #1..."
Ramzus: I can admit that I'm horny just about 24/7
homomorphism: I used to not think your name was deshay and that Erick was just being racist
Hunter: sometimes I think I was literally born to be a pornstar
User avatar
poolerboy0077
 
Posts: 7427
+1s received: 1513
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:20
Country: United States (us)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby Jryski » 7 May 2019, 03:26

René wrote:
Brenden wrote:
Marmaduke wrote:
Brenden wrote:Had to go into Glasgow for a ‘biometric appointment’ for my immigration status, so René and I made a day of it and had lunch then saw Avengers: Endgame. :keke:

My god there were a lot of people openly bawling their eyes out at the end when I went to the cinema. I mean, I’ll admit, it hit me in the feels, but nothing like the woman two seats to my left. She was gasping for breath through the tears.

There was this one guy who was laughing uncontrollably at some parts in the middle, spilling over from the small joke moments to the following serious scenes, but I don't think anyone was crying.

A woman in China was reportedly hospitalised after crying uncontrollably during a showing of Avengers: Endgame.

According to The Paper, a local publication, the woman reported feeling short of breath after the film, with her hands and feet going numb.

She went to the ER, where doctors said they believed she was suffering from hyperventilation. She was given oxygen and eventually recovered.



Oh my god Chinese people are so weird. :rofl:
User avatar
Jryski
 
Posts: 136
+1s received: 47
Joined: 6 May 2019, 10:00

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby Subra » 7 May 2019, 15:42

Planning a trip to Edinburgh this summer.
Subra
 
Posts: 338
+1s received: 253
Joined: 11 August 2017, 09:12

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby Victor_Laszlo » 11 May 2019, 23:03

Got to go to the Amish market today. They make the best baked goods. :P. I bought way to much. But ill give some to my parent's tomorrow and anything left ill take to work and they'll tear it up in no time.
They were packed to. I had to wait for a car to leave just to park myself.

Gotta say im lucky to not live to far from the Pennsylvania Dutch.
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." Terry Prachett

Edna St. Vincent Millay — 'My candle burns at both ends;It will not last the night; But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends—It gives a lovely light!'
User avatar
Victor_Laszlo
 
Posts: 2773
+1s received: 1882
Joined: 30 September 2017, 16:43
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States (us)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby acpro » 12 May 2019, 07:01

Went to the store to buy flowers and vegetables to plant. There's this one specific flower that the store usually has each year but this year they only had limited numbers--so sold out.

I was walking through buying other plants and then all of sudden there's a worker with a pallet of flowers--the verry ones I was looking for. Workers there told me that morning they wouldnt have anymore this season and missed them. Even though last season they had stacks on stacks, literally.

Well ,the guy took a knife and unwrapped the pallet right in the middle of the Pet section, as he was talking, to let me grab the flowers. I kept telling him it wasn't necessary but he insisted. So anyway, myself and a shit ton of other people grabbed these plants before they could be put on display.

My girl friend (lady friend) was me with me and was watching over our plants until I could come back with an empty cart. One old man tried to take my specific plants. He had the nerve to say to her, "well no one has bought these plants yet, so I can take them" while she is literally standing next to the 3 plants we picked out and there's probably 50 more on the palet, but he wanted ours...

Eventually he pulled his own off the pallet, while spilling a bunch of other plants, and dirt was all over the floor. My lady friend said his wife was soooo embarrassed about his behavior. I really wish I was guarding the plants we picked out instead of getting the cart, because I would have knocked his cocky ass out. Yeah, I prob would have gone to jail, but i doubt it would have went to that. I don't think he would have tried to strong arm plants from a grown man, but he would do it to a woman. Pathetic piece of shit. And once he grabbed his flowers and spilt dirt everywhere he didnt apologize or anything. My friend mentioned it to him and he said "that's someone else's problem."

Then I finally get there, grab our shit, and there's another family speaking in another language, about taking our flowers. We pulled the best 3 we could find out of pallet of maybe 200.. There was plenty of others. But we had originally pulled about 6 out before choosing out 3 so 6 were on the floor and the rest on the pallet. They kept sort of pulling ours to their side of the aisle. While they could have just pulled their own off the pallet and examined them for themselves.

Some of the plants had diseases and webs and bugs on them, which is why we didn't choose them. Finally, when I came back with the cart I sort of saw what was going on. I asked my lady friend, which we are taking, And she pulled 2 but we needed the 3rd. I saw her sheepishly pull a 3rd but I knew it wasn't the real 3rd she wanted. It's that the a-holes took the 3rd that was ours. So I went and grabbed it right out of their dirrty hands and took it. If they wanted plants, they could pull them off the pallet and examine. We didn't pull them off the pallet for them to examine; they were ours and we had it all scanned on our phone, meaning we paid for it on the spot. Didn't need to see a cashier.

I hate opportunists. They should have and probably did end up pulling some of the 50 something plants from the pallet. They didn't need our exact 3 from the 50.
User avatar
acpro
 
Posts: 2068
+1s received: 294
Joined: 23 December 2012, 05:18
Country: United States (us)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby Marmaduke » 12 May 2019, 09:13

I think we all need to see a photo of these plants, I can’t imagine any plant supplied by the palette driving me into such a Black Friday-style frenzy.
User avatar
Marmaduke
 
Posts: 6037
+1s received: 902
Joined: 23 December 2012, 17:56
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby Brenden » 12 May 2019, 09:56

That all made you smile, Alex?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 6489
+1s received: 1398
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby poolerboy0077 » 13 May 2019, 17:45

I just discovered the subreddit r/dogfree and it’s just as rewarding if not more so than r/childfree. :)
Blow: "Nowadays even Liam can release an album of his screechy vocals and it'll probably go #1..."
Ramzus: I can admit that I'm horny just about 24/7
homomorphism: I used to not think your name was deshay and that Erick was just being racist
Hunter: sometimes I think I was literally born to be a pornstar
User avatar
poolerboy0077
 
Posts: 7427
+1s received: 1513
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:20
Country: United States (us)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby Brenden » 15 May 2019, 13:43

I've officially got Indefinite Leave to Remain (aka "Settled Status" for EU nationals and family members)!

So both René and I are now all set for Brexit and can enter the country more easily.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 6489
+1s received: 1398
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby René » 15 May 2019, 14:43

On a related note, I just realised we could now easily have any of Brenden's parents/grandparents join us in the UK without any visa fees or excessive formalities and they'd be allowed to work, use the NHS, etc.

Brenden's mom has been wooing us to join her and Brenden's stepdad in Arizona. I wonder how they'd react to the idea of them moving here instead. :D
They already moved from Michigan to Florida and then to Arizona, so moving long distances to unfamiliar places doesn't seem to be an obstacle for them.

Anyway, this EU Settlement scheme is a really nice side effect of Brexit. Getting our status recognised would never have been this easy without it. The form you had to fill out before was so long (85 pages) and the evidence required so extensive that we never managed to finish it until this new scheme came along where you pretty much just answer a few questions online, get fingerprints taken if you're from outside the EU and have your phone read the chip in your passport and take some photos of you.
ImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 4453
+1s received: 1004
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby Marmaduke » 15 May 2019, 18:47

René wrote:On a related note, I just realised we could now easily have any of Brenden's parents/grandparents join us in the UK without any visa fees or excessive formalities and they'd be allowed to work, use the NHS, etc.

Brenden's mom has been wooing us to join her and Brenden's stepdad in Arizona. I wonder how they'd react to the idea of them moving here instead. :D
They already moved from Michigan to Florida and then to Arizona, so moving long distances to unfamiliar places doesn't seem to be an obstacle for them.

Anyway, this EU Settlement scheme is a really nice side effect of Brexit. Getting our status recognised would never have been this easy without it. The form you had to fill out before was so long (85 pages) and the evidence required so extensive that we never managed to finish it until this new scheme came along where you pretty much just answer a few questions online, get fingerprints taken if you're from outside the EU and have your phone read the chip in your passport and take some photos of you.

Is Brenden officially allowed to stay forever now? When can he renounce America and become a subject of Her Majesty?
User avatar
Marmaduke
 
Posts: 6037
+1s received: 902
Joined: 23 December 2012, 17:56
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What made your day / made you smile today?

Unread postby René » 15 May 2019, 19:10

Marmaduke wrote:
René wrote:On a related note, I just realised we could now easily have any of Brenden's parents/grandparents join us in the UK without any visa fees or excessive formalities and they'd be allowed to work, use the NHS, etc.

Brenden's mom has been wooing us to join her and Brenden's stepdad in Arizona. I wonder how they'd react to the idea of them moving here instead. :D
They already moved from Michigan to Florida and then to Arizona, so moving long distances to unfamiliar places doesn't seem to be an obstacle for them.

Anyway, this EU Settlement scheme is a really nice side effect of Brexit. Getting our status recognised would never have been this easy without it. The form you had to fill out before was so long (85 pages) and the evidence required so extensive that we never managed to finish it until this new scheme came along where you pretty much just answer a few questions online, get fingerprints taken if you're from outside the EU and have your phone read the chip in your passport and take some photos of you.

Is Brenden officially allowed to stay forever now? When can he renounce America and become a subject of Her Majesty?

He is indeed! And he can apply for British citizenship one year from today :D

This country and the US are nice about it, though — Brenden can become Her Majesty's subject without renouncing his old country. My old country is not so nice (anymore), though there is an exception which means I can become British too without giving up my Dutch citizenship, provided Brenden does it first.

And if we ever move to the Netherlands, I believe Brenden can add Dutch citizenship to his collection right away :P but I can't really imagine wanting to move out of Scotland.
ImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 4453
+1s received: 1004
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], erti, Google [Bot] and 41 guests