What pissed you off and made you lose your faith in humanity today?

Talk about anything and everything.

Re: What pissed you off and made you lose your faith in humanity today

Unread postby homomorphism » 11 December 2019, 22:17

poolerboy0077 wrote:Great. Not even vegans are spared. I guess we’ll just need to genetically engineer all our food to remove any pain or distress in them. And our lawns. Ugh. It’s like nature was created by René to satiate his sadism.


In all seriousness, I find it kind of annoying when people use things like this as lazy justifications for not reconciling their actions with their internal ethics. I see this a lot with people talking about like Chick Fil A boycotts -- even if it's not feasible to research every purchase you make to make sure the corporation behaves ethically, shouldn't you, ya know, try when you become aware?

Edit: spelling is hard
[9:11 PM] Derek: every decent person hates Doctor Who
homomorphism
 
Posts: 636
+1s received: 57
Joined: 22 December 2012, 04:52
Country: United States (us)

Re: What pissed you off and made you lose your faith in humanity today

Unread postby poolerboy0077 » 11 December 2019, 22:26

Brenden wrote:
poolerboy0077 wrote:Great. Not even vegans are spared. I guess we’ll just need to genetically engineer all our food to remove any pain or distress in them. And our lawns. Ugh. It’s like nature was created by René to satiate his sadism masochism.

:shake:


Oh he’s a masochist? Interesting. All this time I thought he was a sadistic power bottom. I guess whenever he’d say about that one porn star who attached a dildo to his washing machine that he fantasized of him falling into it he was actually imagining himself in that situation. <shudders>


homomorphism wrote:
poolerboy0077 wrote:Great. Not even vegans are spared. I guess we’ll just need to genetically engineer all our food to remove any pain or distress in them. And our lawns. Ugh. It’s like nature was created by René to satiate his sadism.


In all seriousness, I find it kind of annoying when people use things like this as lazy justifications for not reconciling their actions with their internal ethics. I see this a lot with people talking about like Chick Fil A boycotts -- even if it's not feasible to research every purchase you make to make sure the corporation behaves ethically, shouldn't you, ya know, try when you become aware?

Edit: spelling is hard

Are you coming out to us as vegan? Or would reconciling simply mean acknowledging we’re pieces of shit on a certain issue and leave it at that?
Blow: "Nowadays even Liam can release an album of his screechy vocals and it'll probably go #1..."
Ramzus: I can admit that I'm horny just about 24/7
homomorphism: I used to not think your name was deshay and that Erick was just being racist
Hunter: sometimes I think I was literally born to be a pornstar
User avatar
poolerboy0077
 
Posts: 9021
+1s received: 2355
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:20
Country: United States (us)

Re: What pissed you off and made you lose your faith in humanity today

Unread postby René » 11 December 2019, 22:31

poolerboy0077 wrote:
Brenden wrote:
poolerboy0077 wrote:Great. Not even vegans are spared. I guess we’ll just need to genetically engineer all our food to remove any pain or distress in them. And our lawns. Ugh. It’s like nature was created by René to satiate his sadism masochism.

:shake:

Oh he’s a masochist? Interesting. All this time I thought he was a sadistic power bottom. I guess whenever he’d say about that one porn star who attached a dildo to his washing machine that he fantasized of him falling into it he was actually imagining himself in that situation. <shudders>

It is possible to be both, you know ;)
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 6268
+1s received: 2005
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United States (us)

Re: What pissed you off and made you lose your faith in humanity today

Unread postby Brenden » 11 December 2019, 22:37

René wrote:
poolerboy0077 wrote:
Brenden wrote:
poolerboy0077 wrote:Great. Not even vegans are spared. I guess we’ll just need to genetically engineer all our food to remove any pain or distress in them. And our lawns. Ugh. It’s like nature was created by René to satiate his sadism masochism.

:shake:

Oh he’s a masochist? Interesting. All this time I thought he was a sadistic power bottom. I guess whenever he’d say about that one porn star who attached a dildo to his washing machine that he fantasized of him falling into it he was actually imagining himself in that situation. <shudders>

It is possible to be both, you know ;)

You’re a vicarious sadist at most.
Disclaimer: All views expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the views of this forum except when otherwise stated or this signature is not present.

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 8073
+1s received: 2793
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United States (us)

Re: What pissed you off and made you lose your faith in humanity today

Unread postby René » 11 December 2019, 22:42

Brenden wrote:
René wrote:
poolerboy0077 wrote:
Brenden wrote:
poolerboy0077 wrote:Great. Not even vegans are spared. I guess we’ll just need to genetically engineer all our food to remove any pain or distress in them. And our lawns. Ugh. It’s like nature was created by René to satiate his sadism masochism.

:shake:

Oh he’s a masochist? Interesting. All this time I thought he was a sadistic power bottom. I guess whenever he’d say about that one porn star who attached a dildo to his washing machine that he fantasized of him falling into it he was actually imagining himself in that situation. <shudders>

It is possible to be both, you know ;)

You’re a vicarious sadist at most.

Perhaps if you want to get all technical :oface:

Anyway, the "power bottom" bit definitely doesn't describe me at all :P
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 6268
+1s received: 2005
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United States (us)

Re: What pissed you off and made you lose your faith in humanity today

Unread postby poolerboy0077 » 12 December 2019, 02:21

So I recall you saying you got turned on by that one video I posted ages ago of the porn star who attached his dildo to a washing machine and that you fantasized of seeing him fall in. All this time you were...imagining this for yourself? >.<
Blow: "Nowadays even Liam can release an album of his screechy vocals and it'll probably go #1..."
Ramzus: I can admit that I'm horny just about 24/7
homomorphism: I used to not think your name was deshay and that Erick was just being racist
Hunter: sometimes I think I was literally born to be a pornstar
User avatar
poolerboy0077
 
Posts: 9021
+1s received: 2355
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:20
Country: United States (us)

Re: What pissed you off and made you lose your faith in humanity today

Unread postby homomorphism » 12 December 2019, 03:28

Wait falling into the washing machine? I thought we were talking about dildo impaling porn.
[9:11 PM] Derek: every decent person hates Doctor Who
homomorphism
 
Posts: 636
+1s received: 57
Joined: 22 December 2012, 04:52
Country: United States (us)

Re: What pissed you off and made you lose your faith in humanity today

Unread postby Derek » 12 December 2019, 04:58

The dildo is mounted on the paddle, right?
User avatar
Derek
 
Posts: 6310
+1s received: 2315
Joined: 21 December 2012, 02:12
Country: United States (us)

Re: What pissed you off and made you lose your faith in humanity today

Unread postby René » 12 December 2019, 08:38

poolerboy0077 wrote:So I recall you saying you got turned on by that one video I posted ages ago of the porn star who attached his dildo to a washing machine and that you fantasized of seeing him fall in. All this time you were...imagining this for yourself? >.<

Bit of both! :P

homomorphism wrote:Wait falling into the washing machine? I thought we were talking about dildo impaling porn.

Hence the fantasy.

Derek wrote:The dildo is mounted on the paddle, right?

Yeah, on one of your weird inefficient American-style top-loading vertical-axis models. The ones that make Europeans go "That's a washing machine? Huh."
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 6268
+1s received: 2005
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United States (us)

Re: What pissed you off and made you lose your faith in humanity today

Unread postby Brenden » 12 December 2019, 11:14

Just updated my iPhone from iOS 12.x to 13.3 and have encountered a huge bug.

After trying to do a recovery mode re-update, which didn't solve the issue, Apple Support now wants me to try fully restoring my device, which is such a pain in the ass.
Disclaimer: All views expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the views of this forum except when otherwise stated or this signature is not present.

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 8073
+1s received: 2793
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United States (us)

Re: What pissed you off and made you lose your faith in humanity today

Unread postby acpro » 12 December 2019, 17:04

poolerboy0077 wrote:So I recall you saying you got turned on by that one video I posted ages ago of the porn star who attached his dildo to a washing machine and that you fantasized of seeing him fall in. All this time you were...imagining this for yourself? >.<



omg that's called "Stuck porn" hahahahaha i first heard of it on David Dobrik's vlog. Do you watch hisi YT channel, Erik? I love Jason for some reason haha.
User avatar
acpro
 
Posts: 2177
+1s received: 375
Joined: 23 December 2012, 05:18
Country: United States (us)

Re: What pissed you off and made you lose your faith in humanity today

Unread postby Derek » 15 December 2019, 02:30

René wrote:Yeah, on one of your weird inefficient American-style top-loading vertical-axis models. The ones that make Europeans go "That's a washing machine? Huh."

How are our washing machines inefficient from the perspective of someone who wants to fuck himself with one, you hypocrite?
User avatar
Derek
 
Posts: 6310
+1s received: 2315
Joined: 21 December 2012, 02:12
Country: United States (us)

Re: What pissed you off and made you lose your faith in humanity today

Unread postby René » 15 December 2019, 07:41

Derek wrote:
René wrote:Yeah, on one of your weird inefficient American-style top-loading vertical-axis models. The ones that make Europeans go "That's a washing machine? Huh."

How are our washing machines inefficient from the perspective of someone who wants to fuck himself with one, you hypocrite?

I daresay you know very well that I was referring to their well-documented relative inefficiency in the fulfilment of their primary purpose, and that there is a difference between fantasy and desire. :oface:
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 6268
+1s received: 2005
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United States (us)

Re: What pissed you off and made you lose your faith in humanity today

Unread postby Derek » 15 December 2019, 21:00

There is no fantasy without desire. You can dismount the washing machine or you can dismount your high horse, but you can't stay on both.
User avatar
Derek
 
Posts: 6310
+1s received: 2315
Joined: 21 December 2012, 02:12
Country: United States (us)

Re: What pissed you off and made you lose your faith in humanity today

Unread postby GearFetTwinkRomance » 17 December 2019, 14:16

High horses even may get low to wallow. Everything has got a shady part, German saying, dunno if that works in English the proper way.

About genetic engineering and vegans I thought many a time. Used to be a topic on aven network quite a lot. Funny they never think about causing distress or unpleasant perception in plants or mushrooms, too. Even don't mind if just the creature doesn't vocalise distress, or it's got no possibly sad eyes, like yoghurt cultures don't, or oysters.
It should be possible to come to a level where selected types of cells can be nurtured in cultures, similar to grow skin cell matter for transplantation purposes. Just takes an awful lot of thorough science and efforts, time, to get a ton of say, chicken muscle, no brain or neuronal differentiate matter involved.
Read some articles that they're on this since a while, producing a steak in that fashion. stem cell differentiation science and such. I had written about something similar in a sci-fantasy story back in my youth days, ( it's boring and no one would read it, since I didn't copy star wars or star trek thrills ) and I thought it to be bogus enough to remain utterly fantastic. If I think of all the things they're actually doing already, for what a mention of ideas they would have called me a dumb fool in youth days. Like clones, haploidization game children ( that way infertile or gay people may some day have children made up from their very own DNA ) and driverless cars ( I would call them "automaticab" then ) this all makes a strange feeling. Also the nasty things in store. they hopefully never shall discover. Glad I'm just some dumb fool. :P
If ya want to hang with me, let's go windsurfing!

Image
User avatar
GearFetTwinkRomance
 
Posts: 907
+1s received: 345
Joined: 8 January 2018, 10:08
Location: Seashore Baltic "dolphin bay"
Country: Germany (de)

Re: What pissed you off and made you lose your faith in humanity today

Unread postby homomorphism » 17 December 2019, 17:14

Derek wrote:There is no fantasy without desire. You can dismount the washing machine or you can dismount your high horse, but you can't stay on both.


I guess the way I'm visualizing it is that the horse is very tall and sits down, impaling Rene down onto the dildo attached to the washing machine. I'm not sold that he can't do both.

If I have time later, I'll sketch it.
[9:11 PM] Derek: every decent person hates Doctor Who
homomorphism
 
Posts: 636
+1s received: 57
Joined: 22 December 2012, 04:52
Country: United States (us)

Re: What pissed you off and made you lose your faith in humanity today

Unread postby poolerboy0077 » 17 December 2019, 18:13

Any one else find it annoying when people have that Ezra Klein pronunciation of words, like button pronounced “buh-in” and such? I’m sure there’s a term for it. Dumbass? Ugh. Whatever it’s called it just gets under my skin so much.
Blow: "Nowadays even Liam can release an album of his screechy vocals and it'll probably go #1..."
Ramzus: I can admit that I'm horny just about 24/7
homomorphism: I used to not think your name was deshay and that Erick was just being racist
Hunter: sometimes I think I was literally born to be a pornstar
User avatar
poolerboy0077
 
Posts: 9021
+1s received: 2355
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:20
Country: United States (us)

Re: What pissed you off and made you lose your faith in humanity today

Unread postby René » 17 December 2019, 18:51

poolerboy0077 wrote:Any one else find it annoying when people have that Ezra Klein pronunciation of words, like button pronounced “buh-in” and such? I’m sure there’s a term for it. Dumbass? Ugh. Whatever it’s called it just gets under my skin so much.

I'm not familiar with Mr Klein or his pronunciation, but what you describe sounds like t-glottalisation, a feature of many accents in England and Scotland. I'm quite partial to this myself.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 6268
+1s received: 2005
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United States (us)

Re: What pissed you off and made you lose your faith in humanity today

Unread postby poolerboy0077 » 17 December 2019, 22:46

No. That sounds fine, and many (most?) Americans use this. No his is just...weird. T-glottaling, if I understand correctly, the word “button” sounds like butt-n but Klein (Editor-at-Large at Vox) pronounces it like budden — sorry, it’s been years since I learned IPA so I don’t remember how to use the proper symbols. It’s very different and very annoying. I’ll try to find a Vox video of him speaking.
Blow: "Nowadays even Liam can release an album of his screechy vocals and it'll probably go #1..."
Ramzus: I can admit that I'm horny just about 24/7
homomorphism: I used to not think your name was deshay and that Erick was just being racist
Hunter: sometimes I think I was literally born to be a pornstar
User avatar
poolerboy0077
 
Posts: 9021
+1s received: 2355
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:20
Country: United States (us)

Re: What pissed you off and made you lose your faith in humanity today

Unread postby René » 17 December 2019, 23:23

poolerboy0077 wrote:No. That sounds fine, and many (most?) Americans use this. No his is just...weird. T-glottaling, if I understand correctly, the word “button” sounds like butt-n but Klein (Editor-at-Large at Vox) pronounces it like budden — sorry, it’s been years since I learned IPA so I don’t remember how to use the proper symbols. It’s very different and very annoying. I’ll try to find a Vox video of him speaking.

Budden seems to me like the typical American pronunciation of button :P

In t-glottalisation, the phoneme /t/ is actually replaced by a glottal stop, not just followed by it. So roughly speaking, at least from my foreign perspective, water (normally woh turr in Received Pronunciation) becomes woh 'urr, butter (normally buhh turr) becomes bah 'urr, getting better (normally get ting bet turr) becomes geh 'ing (or geh 'ihn as the case may be) beh 'urr. It isn't (normally it izzunt) becomes i'iz'uhn', and so on.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 6268
+1s received: 2005
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United States (us)

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Eos, Magic J, René, Severelius, Yandex [Bot] and 83 guests