What put a frown on your face today?

Talk about anything and everything.

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Severelius » 3 May 2020, 22:06

Magic J wrote:
Severelius wrote:Well I wish they'd share. Honestly being able to get stoned would make this lockdown way more tolerable.

I had a bit. Gone now, though. There's no way I could go see Big Mad Graham to get some more, so I'm stuck being sober. It's intolerable, frankly. :P

The only guy I could have gotten weed from stopped smoking it when his girlfriend got pregnant so he doesn't have any anymore.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 3424
+1s received: 567
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Magic J » 3 May 2020, 22:10

Severelius wrote:
Magic J wrote:
Severelius wrote:Well I wish they'd share. Honestly being able to get stoned would make this lockdown way more tolerable.

I had a bit. Gone now, though. There's no way I could go see Big Mad Graham to get some more, so I'm stuck being sober. It's intolerable, frankly. :P

The only guy I could have gotten weed from stopped smoking it when his girlfriend got pregnant so he doesn't have any anymore.

Terrible luck, old chap. I mean, good news on the baby and all that, but still... :P

I think I'm safe with Big Mad Graham. If he ever fathers a child, I would be seriously concerned. The Bigness (Bigosity?) isn't the problem, it's the Madness that would worry me. Big Mad Graham should not be allowed around anybody, least of all a baby. :lol:
Watched over by Machines of Loving Grace
User avatar
Magic J
 
Posts: 1000
+1s received: 702
Joined: 20 December 2012, 23:06
Location: Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Severelius » 3 May 2020, 22:13

Magic J wrote:
Severelius wrote:
Magic J wrote:
Severelius wrote:Well I wish they'd share. Honestly being able to get stoned would make this lockdown way more tolerable.

I had a bit. Gone now, though. There's no way I could go see Big Mad Graham to get some more, so I'm stuck being sober. It's intolerable, frankly. :P

The only guy I could have gotten weed from stopped smoking it when his girlfriend got pregnant so he doesn't have any anymore.

Terrible luck, old chap. I mean, good news on the baby and all that, but still... :P

I think I'm safe with Big Mad Graham. If he ever fathers a child, I would be seriously concerned. The Bigness (Bigosity?) isn't the problem, it's the Madness that would worry me. Big Mad Graham should not be allowed around anybody, least of all a baby. :lol:

And yet you trust this man to supply you with narcotics?

Well as long as you trust him and aren't trading any untoward services for your fix.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 3424
+1s received: 567
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Magic J » 3 May 2020, 22:29

Severelius wrote:And yet you trust this man to supply you with narcotics?

Well as long as you trust him and aren't trading any untoward services for your fix.

I trust him about as far as I could throw him. :lol:

Over the years I've known him, I've learned that Big Mad Graham thinks that Theresa May is a lizard person in disguise, and that the UN is a puppet of our alien overlords. Big Mad Graham thinks that we're listening to music wrong, and if we only tuned A to 432Hz, everything would be a million times better. Big Mad Graham thinks that there are ghosts in his bathroom, watching him pee. Big Mad Graham has been taking vast amounts of acid and speed since forever, and has now went past the point of no return.

I don't think he's the "dangerously stabby" sort of mad, but he's definitely pretty fucking out there. He's just in another world most of the time. Don't do drugs, kids, else Big Mad Graham comes and takes you away to his lair to talk at you about the JFK assassination for evermore. :P
Watched over by Machines of Loving Grace
User avatar
Magic J
 
Posts: 1000
+1s received: 702
Joined: 20 December 2012, 23:06
Location: Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Severelius » 3 May 2020, 22:34

Okay I'm starting to think the venn diagram of 'weed dealers' and 'conspiracy theorists' might be just a circle at this point.

Every dealer I've known (a small sample size, to be sure) has been super into the conspiracy theories. I guess getting paranoia from weed really is a thing.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 3424
+1s received: 567
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby poolerboy0077 » 4 May 2020, 17:32



Sad but true. Changes was just a flop. Such a missed opportunity. :cry:
Blow: "Nowadays even Liam can release an album of his screechy vocals and it'll probably go #1..."
Ramzus: I can admit that I'm horny just about 24/7
homomorphism: I used to not think your name was deshay and that Erick was just being racist
Hunter: sometimes I think I was literally born to be a pornstar
User avatar
poolerboy0077
 
Posts: 8693
+1s received: 2185
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:20
Country: United States (us)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Severelius » 5 May 2020, 17:54

I have a spectacular blister on my left foot and I'm fighting the instinctive urge to forcibly remove it because I remember hearing somewhere that you're meant to let them work out their issues on their own.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 3424
+1s received: 567
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Frigid » 6 May 2020, 15:53

Severelius wrote:I have a spectacular blister on my left foot and I'm fighting the instinctive urge to forcibly remove it because I remember hearing somewhere that you're meant to let them work out their issues on their own.

Or burst it with a sterile needle and dress it.
User avatar
Frigid
 
Posts: 1572
+1s received: 261
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:23
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Brenden » 6 May 2020, 17:23

Frigid wrote:
Severelius wrote:I have a spectacular blister on my left foot and I'm fighting the instinctive urge to forcibly remove it because I remember hearing somewhere that you're meant to let them work out their issues on their own.

Or burst it with a sterile needle and dress it.

Nooooooooo, blisters do just go away with time and TLC.
Disclaimer: All views expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the views of this forum except when otherwise stated or this signature is not present.

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 7843
+1s received: 2631
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United States (us)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby rogonandi » 6 May 2020, 17:44

Apparently our doctor’s appointment is tomorrow but that’s not right. We booked it for Wednesday and made sure of it. We’re getting a phone consultation at 6:30 tonight because I have to go to work tomorrow.
Why are you?

Image
User avatar
rogonandi
 
Posts: 1633
+1s received: 1089
Joined: 12 May 2016, 10:02
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada (ca)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Severelius » 6 May 2020, 18:20

Brenden wrote:
Frigid wrote:
Severelius wrote:I have a spectacular blister on my left foot and I'm fighting the instinctive urge to forcibly remove it because I remember hearing somewhere that you're meant to let them work out their issues on their own.

Or burst it with a sterile needle and dress it.

Nooooooooo, blisters do just go away with time and TLC.

It's already significantly reduced from what it was yesterday.

OT: Per my controller-throwing episode of rage mentioned in the "What pissed you off" thread... my PS4 controller now no longer works properly. That was expensive mistake as I've had to order a replacement.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 3424
+1s received: 567
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby rogonandi » 8 May 2020, 23:02

We know for sure that Breath of The Wild is the problem now. The wii-u was cleaned and we notice a tiny defect in the disk now. Oh well. :shrug:
Why are you?

Image
User avatar
rogonandi
 
Posts: 1633
+1s received: 1089
Joined: 12 May 2016, 10:02
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada (ca)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby betonhaus » 9 May 2020, 08:01

I went to change my tires myself, and got a fob to register my summer tires with the Tpms in my car. But despite being made for 2015 Fords and newer, my 2016 FiST aparrently uses the fob for older Fords. So now I have to order the older fob and get the annoying alarm until it comes in the mail.

Plus I finally found proof the Kong the Barbarian by spunkcomics, the wank material of my youth that got locked behind a paywall then forgotten, actually existed... But is impossible to find on the internet except for a few pages.
User avatar
betonhaus
 
Posts: 110
+1s received: 43
Joined: 14 January 2019, 00:09

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Severelius » 9 May 2020, 14:12

Little Richard is dead :cry:
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 3424
+1s received: 567
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Courage » 10 May 2020, 06:06

I feel like my life was just set up to fail. I have a toxic family that doesn't give a shit about me. They have literally all day to respond "yeah I'm good" because they're at home due to the pandemic. My sister and I used to be partners in crime and now I barely know her. I thought she was just wrapped up in her life but now that literally nothing is going on and she still doesn't seem to care I guess she just moved on. I see other people getting along with their parents and receiving love from them and it just makes me wonder why my family is so cold. I can't say two words to my mother without her biting my head off.


At least my life is moving on and I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but I'm more confident now that nobody gives a fuck about me. The only people and pets that cared about me are all fucking dead now and I legitimately have nobody.
User avatar
Courage
 
Posts: 446
+1s received: 98
Joined: 22 January 2013, 06:56
Country: United States (us)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby betonhaus » 10 May 2020, 07:57

Courage wrote:I feel like my life was just set up to fail. I have a toxic family that doesn't give a shit about me. They have literally all day to respond "yeah I'm good" because they're at home due to the pandemic. My sister and I used to be partners in crime and now I barely know her. I thought she was just wrapped up in her life but now that literally nothing is going on and she still doesn't seem to care I guess she just moved on. I see other people getting along with their parents and receiving love from them and it just makes me wonder why my family is so cold. I can't say two words to my mother without her biting my head off.


At least my life is moving on and I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but I'm more confident now that nobody gives a fuck about me. The only people and pets that cared about me are all fucking dead now and I legitimately have nobody.

I know that feeling... I guess just don't give up and try to look at the brighter side of things? Eventually you'll find new people that like you and care about you, but it's one of those things that happen when you aren't actively focusing on making that happen. Just go out and find things you enjoy and people that enjoy it to... I've literally just gotten into animal crossing enough to call it a hobby, and while it isn't as productive or active as biking or working out or learning a skill it keeps me busy and puts me in a community of people I can talk with and virtually visit.
User avatar
betonhaus
 
Posts: 110
+1s received: 43
Joined: 14 January 2019, 00:09

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Frigid » 10 May 2020, 13:06

Courage wrote:At least my life is moving on and I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but I'm more confident now that nobody gives a fuck about me. The only people and pets that cared about me are all fucking dead now and I legitimately have nobody.

I hope you’re able to make loving relationships going forward to which people genuinely care for you and you them.
User avatar
Frigid
 
Posts: 1572
+1s received: 261
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:23
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Severelius » 10 May 2020, 19:42

So following Boris Johnson's speech this evening I'm now very confused and paranoid about when I'll be apparently going back to work.

He's encouraging people who can't work from home to return to work as soon as possible. That fits my job because I'm customer service. But apparently they're aiming to re-open most shops as early as June 1st, and then open parts of the leisure/hospitality industry as early as July 1st.

I know the gambling industry in general is largely lumped into leisure because of the fact it relies on leisure activities like sports and horse-racing but does that mean the betting shops themselves count as that and thus have the July 1st goal? Or are we going to get shunted back with nothing available to bet on as of June 1st instead?

Ah, uncertainty. There's nothing quite like it to plunge an irrational anxious brain into full-blown panic.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 3424
+1s received: 567
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby betonhaus » 12 May 2020, 23:39

I've been waiting for my laptop to come I. The mail for a long time now. It was supposed to have arrived by Monday, and I see it's at the distribution center in my city since Thursday, but since then Nada.
User avatar
betonhaus
 
Posts: 110
+1s received: 43
Joined: 14 January 2019, 00:09

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Sullivan » 13 May 2020, 01:13

I opened a tub of edible cookie dough for breakfast and it's almost gone.

I miss February when I was a real person.
User avatar
Sullivan
 
Posts: 623
+1s received: 184
Joined: 25 July 2013, 02:12
Location: Chicago
Country: United States (us)

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Canela, CommonCrawl [Bot], John27 and 77 guests