What put a frown on your face today?

Talk about anything and everything.

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby McTaggartfan » 24 March 2021, 22:23

McTaggartfan wrote:
erti wrote:
McTaggartfan wrote:My housemates are fighting and it’s very stressful to be around.


I can understand that much. My roommates argue a lot sometimes. It's not fun to be around.


Thanks 😊

On top of it I’m just really struggling with my anxiety today and worrying that all my friends secretly dislike me. So today just isn’t my day apparently! And when my housemates are arguing I start worrying they’re somehow upset with me too and simply refraining from mentioning it. My anxiety is just a mess!



I feel like I’m going to be sick now 😩
User avatar
McTaggartfan
 
Posts: 204
+1s received: 75
Joined: 7 February 2021, 02:12
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States (us)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby McTaggartfan » 24 March 2021, 22:24

erti wrote:
McTaggartfan wrote:
erti wrote:
McTaggartfan wrote:My housemates are fighting and it’s very stressful to be around.


I can understand that much. My roommates argue a lot sometimes. It's not fun to be around.


Thanks 😊

On top of it I’m just really struggling with my anxiety today and worrying that all my friends secretly dislike me. So today just isn’t my day apparently! And when my housemates are arguing I start worrying they’re somehow upset with me too and simply refraining from mentioning it. My anxiety is just a mess!


I get that. there has been times when my name was brought into the argument. I pretty much on guard when they start to argue. I don't want to be in the middle of it.


Exactly! My name hasn’t been brought up but I’m just scared I’m somehow going to be brought into it and caught in the crossfire.
User avatar
McTaggartfan
 
Posts: 204
+1s received: 75
Joined: 7 February 2021, 02:12
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States (us)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby erti » 24 March 2021, 22:25

McTaggartfan wrote:
McTaggartfan wrote:
erti wrote:
McTaggartfan wrote:My housemates are fighting and it’s very stressful to be around.


I can understand that much. My roommates argue a lot sometimes. It's not fun to be around.


Thanks 😊

On top of it I’m just really struggling with my anxiety today and worrying that all my friends secretly dislike me. So today just isn’t my day apparently! And when my housemates are arguing I start worrying they’re somehow upset with me too and simply refraining from mentioning it. My anxiety is just a mess!



I feel like I’m going to be sick now 😩


Is there a way you can separate yourself from your roommates who are arguing? Might do you some good.
“Don't take my devils away, because my angels may flee too.”

― Rainer Maria Rilke
User avatar
erti
 
Posts: 1618
+1s received: 1010
Joined: 30 November 2018, 09:58
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States (us)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby McTaggartfan » 24 March 2021, 22:36

erti wrote:
McTaggartfan wrote:
McTaggartfan wrote:
erti wrote:
McTaggartfan wrote:My housemates are fighting and it’s very stressful to be around.


I can understand that much. My roommates argue a lot sometimes. It's not fun to be around.


Thanks 😊

On top of it I’m just really struggling with my anxiety today and worrying that all my friends secretly dislike me. So today just isn’t my day apparently! And when my housemates are arguing I start worrying they’re somehow upset with me too and simply refraining from mentioning it. My anxiety is just a mess!



I feel like I’m going to be sick now 😩


Is there a way you can separate yourself from your roommates who are arguing? Might do you some good.


Well thankfully it just finished up and the two of them are taking space from each other. But I’m still feeling very stressed and anxious, so I might just try some deep breathing for a bit—maybe even meditation. Then I’ll work on some stuff, such as figuring out where (if anywhere) I can go for a Seder dinner. I’m kind of sad because I suspect I’ll not be able to have a Seder dinner this year. But oh well! Not all can be perfect in one’s life.
User avatar
McTaggartfan
 
Posts: 204
+1s received: 75
Joined: 7 February 2021, 02:12
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States (us)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby McTaggartfan » 24 March 2021, 22:39

McTaggartfan wrote:
erti wrote:
McTaggartfan wrote:
McTaggartfan wrote:
erti wrote:
McTaggartfan wrote:My housemates are fighting and it’s very stressful to be around.


I can understand that much. My roommates argue a lot sometimes. It's not fun to be around.


Thanks 😊

On top of it I’m just really struggling with my anxiety today and worrying that all my friends secretly dislike me. So today just isn’t my day apparently! And when my housemates are arguing I start worrying they’re somehow upset with me too and simply refraining from mentioning it. My anxiety is just a mess!



I feel like I’m going to be sick now 😩


Is there a way you can separate yourself from your roommates who are arguing? Might do you some good.


Well thankfully it just finished up and the two of them are taking space from each other. But I’m still feeling very stressed and anxious, so I might just try some deep breathing for a bit—maybe even meditation. Then I’ll work on some stuff, such as figuring out where (if anywhere) I can go for a Seder dinner. I’m kind of sad because I suspect I’ll not be able to have a Seder dinner this year. But oh well! Not all can be perfect in one’s life.


And it's not just all of this stuff with my housemates and my anxiety, I'm also really stressed because I'm not quite sure how I'm going to afford my meds that I need to get soon. And without them I'm even more ridiculous than I normally am. So, I'm just not pleased today and am, instead, a total mess. Sorry for bringing all this up on the forum, rather embarrassing really.
User avatar
McTaggartfan
 
Posts: 204
+1s received: 75
Joined: 7 February 2021, 02:12
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States (us)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby erti » 24 March 2021, 22:42

McTaggartfan wrote:
McTaggartfan wrote:
erti wrote:
McTaggartfan wrote:
McTaggartfan wrote:
erti wrote:
McTaggartfan wrote:My housemates are fighting and it’s very stressful to be around.


I can understand that much. My roommates argue a lot sometimes. It's not fun to be around.


Thanks 😊

On top of it I’m just really struggling with my anxiety today and worrying that all my friends secretly dislike me. So today just isn’t my day apparently! And when my housemates are arguing I start worrying they’re somehow upset with me too and simply refraining from mentioning it. My anxiety is just a mess!



I feel like I’m going to be sick now 😩


Is there a way you can separate yourself from your roommates who are arguing? Might do you some good.


Well thankfully it just finished up and the two of them are taking space from each other. But I’m still feeling very stressed and anxious, so I might just try some deep breathing for a bit—maybe even meditation. Then I’ll work on some stuff, such as figuring out where (if anywhere) I can go for a Seder dinner. I’m kind of sad because I suspect I’ll not be able to have a Seder dinner this year. But oh well! Not all can be perfect in one’s life.


And it's not just all of this stuff with my housemates and my anxiety, I'm also really stressed because I'm not quite sure how I'm going to afford my meds that I need to get soon. And without them I'm even more ridiculous than I normally am. So, I'm just not pleased today and am, instead, a total mess. Sorry for bringing all this up on the forum, rather embarrassing really.


I hate that. I am lucky to have state insurance to get my meds and such and even then sometimes they don't have the med is stock and I have to wait a day or two and my mental illness seeps through the bad end and fucks me over.
“Don't take my devils away, because my angels may flee too.”

― Rainer Maria Rilke
User avatar
erti
 
Posts: 1618
+1s received: 1010
Joined: 30 November 2018, 09:58
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States (us)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby rogonandi » 25 March 2021, 07:51

I have a rash on my arm, which I have used antihistamine cream on. It cleared up for awhile but it has returned. I am not scratching at it but it does itch though. :pfft:
Image
rogonandi
 
Posts: 1939
+1s received: 1305
Joined: 12 May 2016, 10:02
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada (ca)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Brenden » 25 March 2021, 08:33

Woke people are so fucking annoying.

Paraphrasing some tidbits from a podcast I just listened to:

Skyrim is a beautiful game, but it's so annoying how they make it so violent, so masculine. It's also so extractive, destructive, and exploitative — you harvest plants to make potions, you kill dragons to take their souls, you mine for metals — which is all a manifestation of whiteness. White culture and 'Manifest Destiny' is built into most games, and they perpetuate the environmentally-destructive white culture.

:rolleyes:

It's like, have they ever seen the mountains of trash in India and Southeast Asia? The toxic rivers overflowing with human waste. How about how the Easter Islanders completely stripped their island of trees so they could build a bunch of stupid stone heads. What about African tribes who go and kill primates to eat (which is probably how we got HIV!).

Human nature is 'extractive, destructive, and exploitative' — as is all of nature. The lion extracts meat from a herd of grazers, who extract energy from plants. Without balancing top-level predators, herbivores will completely destroy their environment and then die off.

"White" countries were the first to institute environmental protections, which is progress and overcoming our nature.
Disclaimer: All views expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the views of this forum except when otherwise stated or this signature is not present.

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 8743
+1s received: 3236
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland
Country: United States (us)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Severelius » 25 March 2021, 12:27

My hair is now officially long enough that a man-bun would be an actual feasible option for it were I just a bit more of a tosser than I actually am.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 4626
+1s received: 1169
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Marmaduke » 25 March 2021, 12:58

Severelius wrote:My hair is now officially long enough that a man-bun would be an actual feasible option for it were I just a bit more of a tosser than I actually am.

Peaky blinders haircut please.
User avatar
Marmaduke
 
Posts: 8111
+1s received: 2974
Joined: 23 December 2012, 17:56
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Severelius » 25 March 2021, 13:10

Marmaduke wrote:
Severelius wrote:My hair is now officially long enough that a man-bun would be an actual feasible option for it were I just a bit more of a tosser than I actually am.

Peaky blinders haircut please.

On the list of haircuts that would not suit me that one is very high up the list. So no.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 4626
+1s received: 1169
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Marmaduke » 25 March 2021, 14:14

Severelius wrote:
Marmaduke wrote:
Severelius wrote:My hair is now officially long enough that a man-bun would be an actual feasible option for it were I just a bit more of a tosser than I actually am.

Peaky blinders haircut please.

On the list of haircuts that would not suit me that one is very high up the list. So no.

You’re supposed to pair it with a bakerboy hat that has razors stitched into the peak.

I think you could pull of “Midlands thug”
User avatar
Marmaduke
 
Posts: 8111
+1s received: 2974
Joined: 23 December 2012, 17:56
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby McTaggartfan » 25 March 2021, 23:14

Severelius wrote:My hair is now officially long enough that a man-bun would be an actual feasible option for it were I just a bit more of a tosser than I actually am.


Ewwwwwww! Please no man-bun. I’m sure it would mar your normally exquisite physical appearance 😂❤️😂
User avatar
McTaggartfan
 
Posts: 204
+1s received: 75
Joined: 7 February 2021, 02:12
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States (us)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby McTaggartfan » 25 March 2021, 23:15

rogonandi wrote:I have a rash on my arm, which I have used antihistamine cream on. It cleared up for awhile but it has returned. I am not scratching at it but it does itch though. :pfft:


Oof! Sorry to hear that 😕
User avatar
McTaggartfan
 
Posts: 204
+1s received: 75
Joined: 7 February 2021, 02:12
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States (us)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Severelius » 25 March 2021, 23:27

McTaggartfan wrote:
Severelius wrote:My hair is now officially long enough that a man-bun would be an actual feasible option for it were I just a bit more of a tosser than I actually am.


Ewwwwwww! Please no man-bun. I’m sure it would mar your normally exquisite physical appearance 😂❤️😂

:lol: :cry:
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 4626
+1s received: 1169
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby McTaggartfan » 25 March 2021, 23:34

Severelius wrote:
McTaggartfan wrote:
Severelius wrote:My hair is now officially long enough that a man-bun would be an actual feasible option for it were I just a bit more of a tosser than I actually am.


Ewwwwwww! Please no man-bun. I’m sure it would mar your normally exquisite physical appearance 😂❤️😂

:lol: :cry:


Why are you crying? Are you suggesting you don’t look exquisite? Because I may have to beg to differ, but who knows!
User avatar
McTaggartfan
 
Posts: 204
+1s received: 75
Joined: 7 February 2021, 02:12
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States (us)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Severelius » 25 March 2021, 23:53

McTaggartfan wrote:
Severelius wrote:
McTaggartfan wrote:
Severelius wrote:My hair is now officially long enough that a man-bun would be an actual feasible option for it were I just a bit more of a tosser than I actually am.


Ewwwwwww! Please no man-bun. I’m sure it would mar your normally exquisite physical appearance 😂❤️😂

:lol: :cry:


Why are you crying? Are you suggesting you don’t look exquisite? Because I may have to beg to differ, but who knows!

Decision is yours. But I will judge you for it.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 4626
+1s received: 1169
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby McTaggartfan » 26 March 2021, 00:57

Severelius wrote:
McTaggartfan wrote:
Severelius wrote:
McTaggartfan wrote:
Severelius wrote:My hair is now officially long enough that a man-bun would be an actual feasible option for it were I just a bit more of a tosser than I actually am.


Ewwwwwww! Please no man-bun. I’m sure it would mar your normally exquisite physical appearance 😂❤️😂

:lol: :cry:


Why are you crying? Are you suggesting you don’t look exquisite? Because I may have to beg to differ, but who knows!

Decision is yours. But I will judge you for it.


Omg you’re adorable!!! Absolutely adorable!

How have I been judged by you? 😅
User avatar
McTaggartfan
 
Posts: 204
+1s received: 75
Joined: 7 February 2021, 02:12
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States (us)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby erti » 26 March 2021, 03:44

So my roommates sister change the names on their moms Netflix... They changed my roommates name to "moochers". so my other roommate (the boyfriend of my other roommate) changed the sisters netflix to "dirty slut and child beater"... lets just say my roommates mom wasn't pleased and had removed my roommates from her netflix and hulu. Petty shit on both their part really.
“Don't take my devils away, because my angels may flee too.”

― Rainer Maria Rilke
User avatar
erti
 
Posts: 1618
+1s received: 1010
Joined: 30 November 2018, 09:58
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States (us)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby McTaggartfan » 26 March 2021, 03:59

More fighting between my two housemates. Now my friend’s mom wants my friend’s brother to go to a psychiatric hospital. And now they’re fighting about that, and it’s midnight, and I’m tired. Sleep calls and though I hearken to the soft whispers of Lady Nyx, I cannot obey and must instead lie tossing and turning.
User avatar
McTaggartfan
 
Posts: 204
+1s received: 75
Joined: 7 February 2021, 02:12
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States (us)

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], DotNetDotCom.org [Bot], fisentke545, Mail.ru [Bot] and 99 guests