What put a frown on your face today?

Talk about anything and everything.

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby rogonandi » 3 September 2019, 08:03

I might have eaten too much tonight.
People love to follow fools; they don't feel so alone then.

Image
User avatar
rogonandi
 
Posts: 1311
+1s received: 828
Joined: 12 May 2016, 10:02
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada (ca)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Severelius » 10 September 2019, 16:48

Sometimes I feel like a big part of the reason I never get any action is that I have zero interest in getting fucked and that said lack of interest makes me a failure as a gay, particularly as a submissive one.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 2872
+1s received: 221
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: Virgin Islands (British) (vg)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby poolerboy0077 » 11 September 2019, 01:53

Severelius wrote:Sometimes I feel like a big part of the reason I never get any action is that I have zero interest in getting fucked and that said lack of interest makes me a failure as a gay, particularly as a submissive one.

I see that as a blessing not a curse.
Blow: "Nowadays even Liam can release an album of his screechy vocals and it'll probably go #1..."
Ramzus: I can admit that I'm horny just about 24/7
homomorphism: I used to not think your name was deshay and that Erick was just being racist
Hunter: sometimes I think I was literally born to be a pornstar
User avatar
poolerboy0077
 
Posts: 7891
+1s received: 1694
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:20
Country: United States (us)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Derek » 11 September 2019, 04:47

I'm so bad at computer research. Motherboard I ordered does not come BIOS compatible with the high-end CPU I purchased. Here I was all excited to start my new build and it's flashing yellow at me like my RAM is defective. Not so much as a beep or a flicker on the monitor. So now I either need to order a new motherboard, buy a cheap CPU I can use to boot and update BIOS, or go to Best Buy or something and beg them to let me pay them to update for me using their hardware. No matter how I choose, I will be without a computer for a while as I gutted my old pc building the new one and managed to damage the AM3 CPU in the process.
User avatar
Derek
 
Posts: 5437
+1s received: 1537
Joined: 21 December 2012, 02:12
Country: United States (us)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Brenden » 11 September 2019, 14:02

Derek wrote:I'm so bad at computer research. Motherboard I ordered does not come BIOS compatible with the high-end CPU I purchased. Here I was all excited to start my new build and it's flashing yellow at me like my RAM is defective. Not so much as a beep or a flicker on the monitor. So now I either need to order a new motherboard, buy a cheap CPU I can use to boot and update BIOS, or go to Best Buy or something and beg them to let me pay them to update for me using their hardware. No matter how I choose, I will be without a computer for a while as I gutted my old pc building the new one and managed to damage the AM3 CPU in the process.

René says it sounds like you bought an X470 motherboard and a Ryzen 3000-series processor. You might be able to get AMD to send you a cheap processor that you can use to upgrade the BIOS. OR, if your X470 motherboard is fancy enough, it may have a BIOS flashback feature that doesn't require a working CPU.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 6714
+1s received: 1559
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Derek » 11 September 2019, 17:26

Yep, I already filed a warranty service request with AMD, but I really don't want to wait for the rental CPU to arrive in the mail. No flashback feature, sadly. Maybe I'll just go buy a cheap one and keep it is a backup.

How weird is that though? I never paused to think I'd need to update my BIOS before ever booting.
User avatar
Derek
 
Posts: 5437
+1s received: 1537
Joined: 21 December 2012, 02:12
Country: United States (us)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby mxguy01 » 11 September 2019, 17:38

Dealing with sales people who have practices (come in and talk and we'll give you a price then) that are outdated but they cling to them to no end.
---
I love to travel but hate to arrive -- Albert Einstein
---
The only thing worse than an Did Not Finish (DNF) is an Did Not Start (DNS). ~~ Me
---
It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness. ~~ Chinese fortune cookie
User avatar
mxguy01
 
Posts: 4159
+1s received: 2015
Joined: 23 October 2017, 23:12
Location: NorCal
Country: United States (us)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby LostGuy94 » 13 September 2019, 19:32

Lately I'm feeling like I'm nothing to most people, becoming more distanced from some and my friends seem like they are starting to do more with others whilst I'm just left to mope, alone. Honestly feel like giving up :sadblue:
User avatar
LostGuy94
 
Posts: 128
+1s received: 128
Joined: 19 January 2019, 18:30
Location: North East, England
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Jzone » Yesterday, 00:58

LostGuy94 wrote:Honestly feel like giving up :sadblue:

:hug:
Hope you don't give up. Maybe you need different friends? Hang in there in any case. I'm rooting for you.
Just an everyday boyImageImagedoing everyday things
User avatar
Jzone
 
Posts: 797
+1s received: 952
Joined: 21 October 2017, 17:58
Location: USA, Washington State
Country: United States (us)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby LostGuy94 » Yesterday, 07:20

Jzone wrote::hug:
Hope you don't give up. Maybe you need different friends? Hang in there in any case. I'm rooting for you.


Thanks. I fear I hold too much of an attachment to people and need attention a fair amount of time and when I don't get it, I get down, Facebook don't help showing me friends and others do activities together whilst I'm left to amuse myself and I find it tough meeting new people and making friends
User avatar
LostGuy94
 
Posts: 128
+1s received: 128
Joined: 19 January 2019, 18:30
Location: North East, England
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby rxxli » Yesterday, 10:42

LostGuy94 wrote:Lately I'm feeling like I'm nothing to most people, becoming more distanced from some and my friends seem like they are starting to do more with others whilst I'm just left to mope, alone. Honestly feel like giving up :sadblue:

Oh, how much I know that feeling. I’ve never had a lot of friends anyways, and after first year of uni I really only had two. Now that number is really down to one... and even with that one we talk maybe once every two weeks.

I know it sucks, but you really should just do stuff (like hobbies) that you want to do by yourself. Maybe you will manage to find new friends that way. Or you will just temporarily forget that you’re lonely. Either way... it’s better than giving up.
Image
User avatar
rxxli
 
Posts: 4317
+1s received: 262
Joined: 21 December 2012, 21:33
Country: Slovenia (si)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Marmaduke » Yesterday, 10:44

LostGuy94 wrote:
Jzone wrote::hug:
Hope you don't give up. Maybe you need different friends? Hang in there in any case. I'm rooting for you.


Thanks. I fear I hold too much of an attachment to people and need attention a fair amount of time and when I don't get it, I get down, Facebook don't help showing me friends and others do activities together whilst I'm left to amuse myself and I find it tough meeting new people and making friends

I felt a really similar way with Facebook, it became a pretty purely toxic influence in my life. I deleted it and haven’t regretted it at all.
User avatar
Marmaduke
 
Posts: 6180
+1s received: 1093
Joined: 23 December 2012, 17:56
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Tobias » Today, 02:50

My mom was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. She is having a bad day today.
Tobias
 
Posts: 5
+1s received: 3
Joined: 12 December 2017, 20:28
Country: United States (us)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby René » Today, 11:17

Tobias wrote:My mom was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. She is having a bad day today.

Sorry to hear. :hug:
ImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 4586
+1s received: 1085
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What put a frown on your face today?

Unread postby Capt._Trips » Today, 15:52

Tobias wrote:My mom was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. She is having a bad day today.


My dad also has cancer and isn't doing good.
If you ever just need a listening ear feel free to message me.
Try and stay positive. :hug:
Formerly Victor_Lazslo
"We are stardust, we are golden." Joni Mitchell

"Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me,
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been."_____ the grateful dead.

Edna St. Vincent Millay — 'My candle burns at both ends;It will not last the night; But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends—It gives a lovely light!'
User avatar
Capt._Trips
 
Posts: 3126
+1s received: 2030
Joined: 30 September 2017, 16:43
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States (us)

Previous

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CommonCrawl [Bot], CrimsonHeart, Disappearing, Iamjava, Prince_G_24 and 63 guests