What's the last thing you bought?

Talk about anything and everything.

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postby -Quack » 5 September 2014, 16:35

Ooh... *bookmarks this page, and the site you linked*

Thanks for the tips. Very much appreciated. :D

I never actually realised how much being lazy and opting for pre-built actually adds up. XD
User avatar
-Quack
 
Posts: 148
Joined: 25 August 2014, 11:58
Location: West Mids.
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postby René » 5 September 2014, 16:52

:)
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 6801
+1s received: 2342
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United States (us)

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postby desolation » 5 September 2014, 16:59

René wrote:If you get a cheap power supply, it might not actually provide anywhere near as much power as it claims, and if it fails, it could take all your other expensive parts with it.

I learned this the hard way. :shake:
Why should I wait? I'm already too late.
User avatar
desolation
 
Posts: 365
Joined: 22 December 2012, 06:49

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postby Kingsleyer » 5 September 2014, 17:04

I discovered this amazing 1€-shop, where literally EVERYTHING is for 1€. It's not necessarily good quality, but I bought a pair of scissors, a bin, a paper notebook, two drinking glasses and 3 lunchboxes for 7€, so that's really awesome! :awesome:
User avatar
Kingsleyer
 
Posts: 335
+1s received: 6
Joined: 4 February 2014, 19:22

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postby -Quack » 5 September 2014, 17:07

desolation wrote:
René wrote:If you get a cheap power supply, it might not actually provide anywhere near as much power as it claims, and if it fails, it could take all your other expensive parts with it.

I learned this the hard way. :shake:


This is partly what puts me off building one myself. That, and I have really bad juju. :P

Kingsleyer wrote:I discovered this amazing 1€-shop, where literally EVERYTHING is for 1€. It's not necessarily good quality, but I bought a pair of scissors, a bin, a paper notebook, two drinking glasses and 3 lunchboxes for 7€, so that's really awesome! :awesome:


Tch. That's not fair. We only have, like, £1 shops. 99p shops if were lucky. Those €1 shops are a whole 20p cheaper than our counterparts. Rip-off Britain strikes again. :(
User avatar
-Quack
 
Posts: 148
Joined: 25 August 2014, 11:58
Location: West Mids.
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postby Josh » 5 September 2014, 17:19

Kingsleyer wrote:I discovered this amazing 1€-shop, where literally EVERYTHING is for 1€.

We have Pound Shops and 99p Stores everywhere. I went to an 89p store in Dorset once as well :P
Josh
 
Posts: 3456
+1s received: 37
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:55
Location: London or Valencia
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postby Severelius » 5 September 2014, 17:23

My town has a pound shop and a 99p store literally across the road from each other. Which was odd until it became hilarious on account of them starting the shittest arms race ever to out-do the other one. So the pound shop is now offering everything for 97p while the 99p store is at 95p.

It's the most British stand-off in history.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 4074
+1s received: 894
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postby -Quack » 5 September 2014, 17:26

Severelius wrote:My town has a pound shop and a 99p store literally across the road from each other. Which was odd until it became hilarious on account of them starting the shittest arms race ever to out-do the other one. So the pound shop is now offering everything for 97p while the 99p store is at 95p.

It's the most British stand-off in history.


All made possible thanks to workfare. :awesome:

OK, a slight over-simplification just to get in a small political grumble.

But seriously, fuck workfare.
User avatar
-Quack
 
Posts: 148
Joined: 25 August 2014, 11:58
Location: West Mids.
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postby xyz72 » 5 September 2014, 17:30

I have multiple 1€ stores on the main shopping street 10 walking minutes away. I think there's 4. :awesome: The last two can-openers bought from them both broke within a week though, so next time I'm getting a proper one.

The crazy thing is that the 1€ stores are sometimes more expensive than other stores. Things like glasses, notebooks and most notoriously food items can cost more than twice the normal retail price because people just assume it must be cheaper and buy it without comparing.
xyz72
 
Posts: 3923
+1s received: 34
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:50
Country: Germany (de)

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postby Severelius » 5 September 2014, 17:33

Shows how much I care about any modern events or anything of the sort that I had to Google workfare.

Anywho, on topic: The last thing I bought that wasn't pointless tat or lunch was my House of Cards season 1 & 2 Blu Ray box set that I have yet to watch.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 4074
+1s received: 894
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postby Josh » 5 September 2014, 17:38

Severelius wrote:Shows how much I care about any modern events or anything of the sort that I had to Google workfare.


I know several people who have been subjected to workfare, and have been threatened with it myself. It's a fucking disgrace.
Josh
 
Posts: 3456
+1s received: 37
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:55
Location: London or Valencia
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postby Severelius » 5 September 2014, 17:45

Even from my basic Googling it sounds like a fucking appalling idea right from the start.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 4074
+1s received: 894
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postby Josiemonster » 5 September 2014, 18:45

nearly £100 worth of Primark clothes >.< oops. Easily done.
User avatar
Josiemonster
 
Posts: 2013
+1s received: 8
Joined: 29 January 2013, 22:26
Location: Bournemouth
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postby xyz72 » 6 September 2014, 14:07

Image
3 ceramic pans and a new can-opener! Everything for under 30€.
xyz72
 
Posts: 3923
+1s received: 34
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:50
Country: Germany (de)

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postby rawss. » 6 September 2014, 14:12

Those are cute as fuck
User avatar
rawss.
 
Posts: 1459
+1s received: 1
Joined: 15 January 2013, 00:32
Location: Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postby c1ask0 » 6 September 2014, 14:42

xyz72 wrote:3 ceramic pans and a new can-opener! Everything for under 30€.

And your knife is purple! Now you just need something red and something blue. :nod:
Don't think about doing it tomorrow. You won't do it tomorrow. Do it today.
User avatar
c1ask0
Moderator
 
Posts: 4168
+1s received: 65
Joined: 17 December 2013, 19:48
Location: Preston
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postby xyz72 » 6 September 2014, 14:48

c1ask0 wrote:
xyz72 wrote:3 ceramic pans and a new can-opener! Everything for under 30€.

And your knife is purple! Now you just need something red and something blue. :nod:

My spatulas are blue and red. (And elastic.) :awesome: And another knife is orange. And two more are green.

I....may or may not really like having pops of colours while cooking. :lol:
xyz72
 
Posts: 3923
+1s received: 34
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:50
Country: Germany (de)

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postby c1ask0 » 6 September 2014, 23:53

xyz72 wrote:
c1ask0 wrote:
xyz72 wrote:3 ceramic pans and a new can-opener! Everything for under 30€.

And your knife is purple! Now you just need something red and something blue. :nod:

My spatulas are blue and red. (And elastic.) :awesome: And another knife is orange. And two more are green.

I....may or may not really like having pops of colours while cooking. :lol:

You need to keep buying cookware until you have the same number of each colour. While you're at it, branch out into pink. You are gay after all. ;)
Don't think about doing it tomorrow. You won't do it tomorrow. Do it today.
User avatar
c1ask0
Moderator
 
Posts: 4168
+1s received: 65
Joined: 17 December 2013, 19:48
Location: Preston
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postby Welp » 19 September 2014, 23:27

I just read that my favorite white trash beer Pabst blue ribbon plus others are being sold to some god damn Russians. So I decided to buy one last case while its still American.
Welp
 
Posts: 1614
+1s received: 1
Joined: 31 December 2012, 01:25

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postby mysecretlifestyle » 20 September 2014, 03:18

i bought Godzilla on blu-ray... watching it now actually.
mysecretlifestyle
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 13 September 2014, 04:19
Country: United States (us)

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Brenden, CommonCrawl [Bot], John27, Mail.ru [Bot], Severelius and 85 guests