Why do so many dislike gays

Talk about anything and everything.

Why do so many dislike gays

Unread postby Gay-paul » 29 December 2020, 20:44

Why do so many dislike gays, after all, what gender orientation someone does not determine what a person is?

come from Poland, I am a Pole, I know several languages ​​English, a little bit, German, Russian from hearing and of course Polish, I am a person with Asperger Syndrome

For example, I am mean and I like this feature of my character very much ;-)

And people don't know why they like me, even though one psychologist said that I was passive-aggressive, how should I be actively-aggressive? ;-)


I am a believer, I am a Catholic, but I also have a problem with sexual orientation, I am gay, although fortunately, I do not look gay xD

I like young men and the old ones who may be gay, but they will love like normal guys, and if someone insults them, they do not cry like women, they just give someone a kick

I have an older brother my brother is an unrepentant atheist and supports leftists, but he doesn't like gays, he just hates them, but not in such a way that he thinks it's not cool and that homosexuality is not natural and does not need to have a book written in the Bronze Age (Bible) to to know it

That's what I told him that I'm gay to piss him off, because what's the point of doing this whole cute Comming Out scene, there's a lot of it on YouTube, so everyone likes you, I like when they hate me xD

I told him there, my brother to piss him off, maybe he'll get more LGBTQ -Friendly xD

Although the priest at the last confession said that he was more worried about my malice than homosexual inclination, that I am a good man and sometimes I can be malicious, that it is not Christian

Does my malice might be related to my Asperger, according to my psychologist people on Autism Spectrum Disorders, are not different than a regular human, but people on ASD are often tactless

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 913AAVQMhN
Gay-paul
 
Posts: 126
+1s received: 20
Joined: 3 November 2018, 13:26
Country: Poland (pl)

Re: Why do so many dislike gays

Unread postby Eryx » 29 December 2020, 23:35

Gay-paul wrote:fortunately, I do not look gay xD
Why is that fortunate? I give up. Maybe this is why so many dislike gay people. Even you do.

And to think that I chose Russia as the first option for my exchange year, learned Cyrillic and found Eastern Europe fascinating at some point... Now all I see is racists, homophobes, xenophobes and track suits.
ImageImageImage Image Image Image ImageImage

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
— Harlan Ellison
User avatar
Eryx
 
Posts: 2985
+1s received: 1930
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:48
Location: Belo Horizonte, MG
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: Why do so many dislike gays

Unread postby Jasper1 » 29 December 2020, 23:57

Eryx wrote:and track suits.


That’s so true. Good observation :D
User avatar
Jasper1
 
Posts: 147
+1s received: 94
Joined: 12 July 2020, 11:44
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Why do so many dislike gays

Unread postby René » 30 December 2020, 00:36

Eryx wrote:
Gay-paul wrote:fortunately, I do not look gay xD

Why is that fortunate? I give up. Maybe this is why so many dislike gay people. Even you do.

I object to the phrase "I do not look gay" because you there's no fundamentally homosexual look, but I can't really blame people for finding certain (excessively) stereotypically "gay" people annoying. I don't like that when many people hear the word 'gay', they think of things that have nothing to do with the way I am or want to be. That's not homophobia.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 7633
+1s received: 2775
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Why do so many dislike gays

Unread postby VagrantMenagerie » 30 December 2020, 00:50

René wrote:
Eryx wrote:
Gay-paul wrote:fortunately, I do not look gay xD

Why is that fortunate? I give up. Maybe this is why so many dislike gay people. Even you do.

I object to the phrase "I do not look gay" because you there's no fundamentally homosexual look, but I can't really blame people for finding certain (excessively) stereotypically "gay" people annoying. I don't like that when many people hear the word 'gay', they think of things that have nothing to do with the way I am or want to be. That's not homophobia.

I personally abhor the flamboyant "YAAAS QUEEN" gay stereotype for that reason and in general. You know, the ones who tend to pop up in fashion runways and interior design home shows, always exaggerate their movements, and talk in that exact same goddamn lisp.

I love dick and nothing but the dick, but I can't stand any of that stuff. So I guess in many's eyes I'm not gay. :blargh:
VagrantMenagerie
 
Posts: 51
+1s received: 20
Joined: 15 December 2020, 01:31
Country: United States (us)

Re: Why do so many dislike gays

Unread postby Eryx » 30 December 2020, 02:42

René wrote:I can't really blame people for finding certain (excessively) stereotypically "gay" people annoying. I don't like that when many people hear the word 'gay', they think of things that have nothing to do with the way I am or want to be. That's not homophobia.
Neither can I, in fact that has been my position since I was like 18. It's not hard to understand that there's a clear difference between forced jokes, actions and looks versus people who are genuinely feminine since they were young. Lots of gay guys are feminine since their childhood years and aren't obnoxious, lots of even straight guys are like that.

The issue here is that these get grouped together with people who do it for a spotlight and popularity, or people who exacerbate their innate traits to be more noticed. We all know those people are out there.

Problem is, we all know it, but we always try to bend reality to make it seem like we don't. It's either people trying to convince everyone that EVERY feminine gay guy is supposed to be accepted and tolerated, or people who say that EVERY gay guy is forcing it or trying to be the loudest person in the room. Both things are happening.

Now, if some gay guy from Poland comes here to say that fortunately he isn't feminine, that is homophobia, unless he clears it out.
ImageImageImage Image Image Image ImageImage

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
— Harlan Ellison
User avatar
Eryx
 
Posts: 2985
+1s received: 1930
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:48
Location: Belo Horizonte, MG
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: Why do so many dislike gays

Unread postby porn4jesus » 30 December 2020, 04:57

perhaps because we don’t like ourselves? or...we do not have a personal ‘history’...often LGBTQ peeps are serially single and disconnected from a longevity of ongoing families and the wider society-we seem not to pass our community or personal histories to the younger men and women that follow us
(it’s a self fulfilling prophecy but on a group level-we are separated by ourselves and society and this feeds back into the loop)
possible solution?
don’t give a rats about fitting in or accepted and proceed with your life-but be prepared to jettison everything, it’s super scary but freeing and exhilarating
me/richard
replies welcome always open to discuss
porn4jesus
 
Posts: 8
+1s received: 1
Joined: 29 December 2020, 13:53
Country: United States (us)

Re: Why do so many dislike gays

Unread postby Eryx » 30 December 2020, 05:05

I disagree. I think one of the main issues that prevented our development as a group was HIV. Things were looking up during the 60s and 70s, and a disease that wasn't looked into basically massacred us. We're able to have families, keep our previous ones and have fulfilling lives. I didn't have to deal with the issues you've described. I have lifelong friends, not one person in my family disowned me, I've always been in relationships and I'm able to have children in my country.

I also disagree that we weren't able to pass on our histories. "Stories from the Quilt," a beautiful documentary about the HIV crisis, is gigantic proof of the fact that even our fallen brethren were able to pass along their times in this planet. And women were always, always, and always our greatest supporters.

I personally think the major problem here is saying feminine bad, macho good. And it's not just a gay problem, it's been going on for a while.
ImageImageImage Image Image Image ImageImage

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
— Harlan Ellison
User avatar
Eryx
 
Posts: 2985
+1s received: 1930
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:48
Location: Belo Horizonte, MG
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: Why do so many dislike gays

Unread postby porn4jesus » 30 December 2020, 05:19

maybe I am more pessimistic than you.
despite the social advances of living openly, civil sanction of marriage/adoption, and DNA creation of a family-not everyone enjoys those positives. if so, why the question? and why the persistence of ‘dislike’
this will change but not for sometime; we are on the path thankfully
me/richard
replies welcome always open to discuss
porn4jesus
 
Posts: 8
+1s received: 1
Joined: 29 December 2020, 13:53
Country: United States (us)

Re: Why do so many dislike gays

Unread postby Gay-paul » 30 December 2020, 09:48

Eryx wrote:
Gay-paul wrote:fortunately, I do not look gay xD
Why is that fortunate? I give up. Maybe this is why so many dislike gay people. Even you do.

And to think that I chose Russia as the first option for my exchange year, learned Cyrillic and found Eastern Europe fascinating at some point... Now all I see is racists, homophobes, xenophobes and track suits.


You're looks like Freddie Mercury on your profile photo xD
Gay-paul
 
Posts: 126
+1s received: 20
Joined: 3 November 2018, 13:26
Country: Poland (pl)

Re: Why do so many dislike gays

Unread postby René » 30 December 2020, 13:34

Eryx wrote:
René wrote:I can't really blame people for finding certain (excessively) stereotypically "gay" people annoying. I don't like that when many people hear the word 'gay', they think of things that have nothing to do with the way I am or want to be. That's not homophobia.

Neither can I, in fact that has been my position since I was like 18. It's not hard to understand that there's a clear difference between forced jokes, actions and looks versus people who are genuinely feminine since they were young. Lots of gay guys are feminine since their childhood years and aren't obnoxious, lots of even straight guys are like that.

The issue here is that these get grouped together with people who do it for a spotlight and popularity, or people who exacerbate their innate traits to be more noticed. We all know those people are out there.

Problem is, we all know it, but we always try to bend reality to make it seem like we don't. It's either people trying to convince everyone that EVERY feminine gay guy is supposed to be accepted and tolerated, or people who say that EVERY gay guy is forcing it or trying to be the loudest person in the room. Both things are happening.

Now, if some gay guy from Poland comes here to say that fortunately he isn't feminine, that is homophobia, unless he clears it out.

Are you sure that should be termed 'homophobia'? It sounds like what you're talking about is an opposition to femininity in guys. You said yourself lots of straight guys are feminine too. Would they not be affected just as much?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 7633
+1s received: 2775
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Why do so many dislike gays

Unread postby René » 30 December 2020, 13:56

porn4jesus wrote:maybe I am more pessimistic than you.
despite the social advances of living openly, civil sanction of marriage/adoption, and DNA creation of a family-not everyone enjoys those positives. if so, why the question? and why the persistence of ‘dislike’
this will change but not for sometime; we are on the path thankfully

I agree with Eryx. I've never experienced 'dislike' for being gay, to be honest. This seems to be a generational difference in experience, actually.

Same-sex marriage has been legal in the country where I was born for most of my life (since 2001, when I was 12), I've been in long-term relationships almost constantly since I was 15 (now 32), of which almost 12 years with the same guy so far, have been married for more than a decade, and my relationships and boyfriends/husband have always been welcomed by my friends and family.

Why the question? The person who created this thread is from Poland. Poland is currently a very regressive place. Things have largely been very different for people growing up in modern, progressive nations since the 80s/90s or thereabouts. (I was born in 1988.)
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 7633
+1s received: 2775
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Why do so many dislike gays

Unread postby OutsideIn » 30 December 2020, 16:08

René wrote:I agree with Eryx. I've never experienced 'dislike' for being gay, to be honest. This seems to be a generational difference in experience, actually.

It is still probably more geographical (not exactly the right word, but you know what I mean) than anything else. There still seem to be more homophobic countries, cultures, and religions in the world than there are places that are accepting. You are very, very fortunate.
OutsideIn
 
Posts: 416
+1s received: 247
Joined: 25 November 2020, 18:58
Location: Earth
Country: United States (us)

Re: Why do so many dislike gays

Unread postby René » 30 December 2020, 16:25

OutsideIn wrote:
René wrote:I agree with Eryx. I've never experienced 'dislike' for being gay, to be honest. This seems to be a generational difference in experience, actually.

It is still probably more geographical (not exactly the right word, but you know what I mean) than anything else. There still seem to be more homophobic countries, cultures, and religions in the world than there are places that are accepting. You are very, very fortunate.

Yeah, of course, I meant as a general rule within modern, progressive, "western" countries like I referred to.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 7633
+1s received: 2775
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Why do so many dislike gays

Unread postby Aladdin » 30 December 2020, 20:59

I find that some homosexuals dislike themselves or dislike other homosexuals more than any other orientation.

Anyway there are so many reasons why some people dislike gays. I think it is mostly to do with religion and the concept of masculinity.

In terms of asperger, I understand that people who have this may not be good at reading or interpreting social cues, body language and facial expressions of other people.

I understand the fortunate part of your post. I'm a feminine gay guy and I have no control over it. So some people can tell I'm gay with my mannerism. I get a lot of hate, insults and threats of violence made to me on a regular basis when I leave my home or when I deal with certain family members. I'm surprised I'm alive at times because I had some violent encounters before.
Aladdin
 
Posts: 95
+1s received: 16
Joined: 15 December 2020, 05:11
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Why do so many dislike gays

Unread postby erti » 30 December 2020, 21:15

I honestly don’t mind the flamboyant personality but even then they can get catty and will throw hissy fits over stupid things. At least that’s my experience... never really had a flamboyant best friend or really been a fag hag. Then again these days more people are coming out and aren’t the stereotypical gay personality.
“Don't take my devils away, because my angels may flee too.”

― Rainer Maria Rilke
User avatar
erti
 
Posts: 1669
+1s received: 1049
Joined: 30 November 2018, 09:58
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States (us)

Re: Why do so many dislike gays

Unread postby VagrantMenagerie » 30 December 2020, 21:33

erti wrote:I honestly don’t mind the flamboyant personality but even then they can get catty and will throw hissy fits over stupid things. At least that’s my experience... never really had a flamboyant best friend or really been a fag hag. Then again these days more people are coming out and aren’t the stereotypical gay personality.

Undoubtedly because they know they don't "need" to be that stereotype to be gay, and the growing mentality that your sexual preference does not (or at least should not) make up your personality.
VagrantMenagerie
 
Posts: 51
+1s received: 20
Joined: 15 December 2020, 01:31
Country: United States (us)

Re: Why do so many dislike gays

Unread postby erti » 30 December 2020, 21:38

VagrantMenagerie wrote:
erti wrote:I honestly don’t mind the flamboyant personality but even then they can get catty and will throw hissy fits over stupid things. At least that’s my experience... never really had a flamboyant best friend or really been a fag hag. Then again these days more people are coming out and aren’t the stereotypical gay personality.

Undoubtedly because they know they don't "need" to be that stereotype to be gay, and the growing mentality that your sexual preference does not (or at least should not) make up your personality.


Sometimes I feel some people still think it does.
“Don't take my devils away, because my angels may flee too.”

― Rainer Maria Rilke
User avatar
erti
 
Posts: 1669
+1s received: 1049
Joined: 30 November 2018, 09:58
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States (us)

Re: Why do so many dislike gays

Unread postby VagrantMenagerie » 30 December 2020, 22:09

erti wrote:
VagrantMenagerie wrote:
erti wrote:I honestly don’t mind the flamboyant personality but even then they can get catty and will throw hissy fits over stupid things. At least that’s my experience... never really had a flamboyant best friend or really been a fag hag. Then again these days more people are coming out and aren’t the stereotypical gay personality.

Undoubtedly because they know they don't "need" to be that stereotype to be gay, and the growing mentality that your sexual preference does not (or at least should not) make up your personality.


Sometimes I feel some people still think it does.

Of course there are. But I'm willing to bet they are the minority at this point because most gays just want to be left alone and live their lives quietly, it's just that the ones who make the fact that they're into dick their entire revolving personality are ten times louder about it.
VagrantMenagerie
 
Posts: 51
+1s received: 20
Joined: 15 December 2020, 01:31
Country: United States (us)

Re: Why do so many dislike gays

Unread postby Jryski » 16 January 2021, 18:21

I look feminine but guys who had met me tell me that they actually don’t find me all that feminine at all. I have yet to experience any hate for looking the way I do. Maybe in middle school but that’s bleh lol. I think once people start having personalities other than being gay, they’ll start seeing us as actual people instead of just gay. I’m okay with feminine guys, it’s actually them that usually have a problem with me. They’re bitchy af lol
User avatar
Jryski
 
Posts: 838
+1s received: 549
Joined: 6 May 2019, 10:00

Next

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], DotNetDotCom.org [Bot], erti, Keepit_smooth, Magic J, Omri123456777, orionagora, poolerboy0077, rogonandi, Severelius, Toddrosenthal and 124 guests