Greetings! from CT

New to the forum? Make an introduction and tell us about yourself!

Greetings! from CT

Unread postby sloomingbla » 30 May 2021, 23:11

Hey guys, the name's Wesley. I'm mostly here to find some clarity on my sexuality, and to hopefully find a few new friends to chat with.

I'm a pretty chill guy, and I love to talk about anything, really. Philosophy regarding morals and "spirituality" especially are some of my favorite topics. I'm also kinda crazy from time to time :crazy:

I've been diagnosed with a dissociative identity disorder, and it's part of the reason I'm here. Basically... I'm an incredibly emotional person, but I am also very detached from my emotions. Sometimes life doesn't feel totally... "Real", and I have a lot of self doubt pertaining to my sexuality because of it. I don't have multiple personalities, just this sort of emotional confusion and occasionally childlike attitudes. (I'm lazy, to say the least).

And.. yeah to put it bluntly, I've also internalized a LOT of homophobia. Feel free to beat me up if I accidentally let some of that out. Been taught for most of my life that this stuff is disgusting and wrong and what not, but I will happily say that regardless, I LOVE YOU GUYS! Haha. A place that's free to be me without being regarded as weak or weird sounds like heaven.
sloomingbla
 
Posts: 18
+1s received: 15
Joined: 30 May 2021, 22:41
Country: United States (us)

Re: Greetings! from CT

Unread postby McTaggartfan » 31 May 2021, 00:29

sloomingbla wrote:Hey guys, the name's Wesley. I'm mostly here to find some clarity on my sexuality, and to hopefully find a few new friends to chat with.

I'm a pretty chill guy, and I love to talk about anything, really. Philosophy regarding morals and "spirituality" especially are some of my favorite topics. I'm also kinda crazy from time to time :crazy:

I've been diagnosed with a dissociative identity disorder, and it's part of the reason I'm here. Basically... I'm an incredibly emotional person, but I am also very detached from my emotions. Sometimes life doesn't feel totally... "Real", and I have a lot of self doubt pertaining to my sexuality because of it. I don't have multiple personalities, just this sort of emotional confusion and occasionally childlike attitudes. (I'm lazy, to say the least).

And.. yeah to put it bluntly, I've also internalized a LOT of homophobia. Feel free to beat me up if I accidentally let some of that out. Been taught for most of my life that this stuff is disgusting and wrong and what not, but I will happily say that regardless, I LOVE YOU GUYS! Haha. A place that's free to be me without being regarded as weak or weird sounds like heaven.


Ohhhh I know what dissociation is like—not particularly pleasant to say the least. Though, my experiences with it come from having an anxiety disorder rather than dissociative identity disorder. Anyway, welcome!

I'm sorry to hear you've internalized so much homophobia over the course of your life. That's quite unfortunate! Hopefully spending time here will change some of that!
User avatar
McTaggartfan
 
Posts: 411
+1s received: 187
Joined: 7 February 2021, 02:12
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States (us)

Re: Greetings! from CT

Unread postby steflois » 31 May 2021, 06:46

McTaggartfan wrote:
sloomingbla wrote:Hey guys, the name's Wesley. I'm mostly here to find some clarity on my sexuality, and to hopefully find a few new friends to chat with.

I'm a pretty chill guy, and I love to talk about anything, really. Philosophy regarding morals and "spirituality" especially are some of my favorite topics. I'm also kinda crazy from time to time :crazy:

I've been diagnosed with a dissociative identity disorder, and it's part of the reason I'm here. Basically... I'm an incredibly emotional person, but I am also very detached from my emotions. Sometimes life doesn't feel totally... "Real", and I have a lot of self doubt pertaining to my sexuality because of it. I don't have multiple personalities, just this sort of emotional confusion and occasionally childlike attitudes. (I'm lazy, to say the least).

And.. yeah to put it bluntly, I've also internalized a LOT of homophobia. Feel free to beat me up if I accidentally let some of that out. Been taught for most of my life that this stuff is disgusting and wrong and what not, but I will happily say that regardless, I LOVE YOU GUYS! Haha. A place that's free to be me without being regarded as weak or weird sounds like heaven.


Ohhhh I know what dissociation is like—not particularly pleasant to say the least. Though, my experiences with it come from having an anxiety disorder rather than dissociative identity disorder. Anyway, welcome!

I'm sorry to hear you've internalized so much homophobia over the course of your life. That's quite unfortunate! Hopefully spending time here will change some of that!


Welcome!
Grinding the wheels in IT and making sure that people can buy online their stuff.
User avatar
steflois
 
Posts: 24
+1s received: 14
Joined: 23 May 2021, 09:06
Location: Athens

Re: Greetings! from CT

Unread postby sloomingbla » 31 May 2021, 13:36

McTaggartfan wrote:Ohhhh I know what dissociation is like—not particularly pleasant to say the least. Though, my experiences with it come from having an anxiety disorder rather than dissociative identity disorder. Anyway, welcome!

I'm sorry to hear you've internalized so much homophobia over the course of your life. That's quite unfortunate! Hopefully spending time here will change some of that!


I sure hope so. Thank you!

Kinda my fault, kinda not. I need to take mean people less seriously :D
sloomingbla
 
Posts: 18
+1s received: 15
Joined: 30 May 2021, 22:41
Country: United States (us)

Re: Greetings! from CT

Unread postby McTaggartfan » 31 May 2021, 15:26

sloomingbla wrote:
McTaggartfan wrote:Ohhhh I know what dissociation is like—not particularly pleasant to say the least. Though, my experiences with it come from having an anxiety disorder rather than dissociative identity disorder. Anyway, welcome!

I'm sorry to hear you've internalized so much homophobia over the course of your life. That's quite unfortunate! Hopefully spending time here will change some of that!


I sure hope so. Thank you!

Kinda my fault, kinda not. I need to take mean people less seriously :D


I do too. It's certainly not the easiest thing to do!
User avatar
McTaggartfan
 
Posts: 411
+1s received: 187
Joined: 7 February 2021, 02:12
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States (us)

Re: Greetings! from CT

Unread postby Brenden » 2 June 2021, 14:23

Hi Wesley, welcome to the forum.

I hope you find clarity here and feel free to be free here!
Disclaimer: All views expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the views of this forum except when otherwise stated or this signature is not present.

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 8833
+1s received: 3340
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Greetings! from CT

Unread postby sloomingbla » 3 June 2021, 17:37

Brenden wrote:Hi Wesley, welcome to the forum.

I hope you find clarity here and feel free to be free here!


Thank you!! I hope so too.
sloomingbla
 
Posts: 18
+1s received: 15
Joined: 30 May 2021, 22:41
Country: United States (us)

Re: Greetings! from CT

Unread postby René » 4 June 2021, 01:34

Glad to have you with us, Wesley! Welcome :keke:
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 7601
+1s received: 2755
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)


Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], mtv9zmc6, Scalary and 73 guests