Hello to everyone!

New to the forum? Make an introduction and tell us about yourself!

Hello to everyone!

Unread postby bent4life » 3 June 2019, 19:53

Hello!

My name is Jordan!

I'm 36 and came out a few years ago. Looking back, I knew since I was growing up that I'm gay. Because when growing up, I wasn't like my friends, especially when I was liking some of them. ;)

I'm from Florida.

I hope everyone here is doing great!
bent4life
 
Posts: 13
+1s received: 1
Joined: 3 June 2019, 19:28
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hello to everyone!

Unread postby acpro » 3 June 2019, 20:04

Hello! I love FL. I want to move there to be a Florida Man haha. I'm from Baltimore.
User avatar
acpro
 
Posts: 2081
+1s received: 305
Joined: 23 December 2012, 05:18
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hello to everyone!

Unread postby bent4life » 3 June 2019, 20:38

Hey acpro!

If you move down here, you just have to be prepared for an average (year round) 85 F temperature! It's only gotten hotter, because of that "climate change" thing people keep claiming is fake (I know climate change is real).
bent4life
 
Posts: 13
+1s received: 1
Joined: 3 June 2019, 19:28
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hello to everyone!

Unread postby Shaved-Nudist » 3 June 2019, 22:40

Welcome aboard!
Hope that you enjoy the site.
Try living nude!
User avatar
Shaved-Nudist
 
Posts: 418
+1s received: 161
Joined: 21 January 2019, 16:43
Location: N.E. Ohio
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hello to everyone!

Unread postby Iamjava » 4 June 2019, 03:36

bent4life wrote:Hello!

My name is Jordan!

I'm 36 and came out a few years ago. Looking back, I knew since I was growing up that I'm gay. Because when growing up, I wasn't like my friends, especially when I was liking some of them. ;)

I'm from Florida.

I hope everyone here is doing great!


welcome fellow gay floridian! im glad to have you hear. :)
Iamjava
 
Posts: 330
+1s received: 76
Joined: 27 May 2019, 21:42
Location: florida
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hello to everyone!

Unread postby mxguy01 » 4 June 2019, 18:54

bent4life wrote:Hey acpro!

If you move down here, you just have to be prepared for an average (year round) 85 F temperature! It's only gotten hotter, because of that "climate change" thing people keep claiming is fake (I know climate change is real).


I was in Orlando for business a couple weeks ago. The first day was a brutal reminder how humid it can be there in addition to the temps. The remainder of the time the evenings were slightly bearable by my definition of desirable climate.
---
I love to travel but hate to arrive -- Albert Einstein
---
The only thing worse than an Did Not Finish (DNF) is an Did Not Start (DNS). ~~ Me
---
It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness. ~~ Chinese fortune cookie
User avatar
mxguy01
 
Posts: 3772
+1s received: 1859
Joined: 23 October 2017, 23:12
Location: NorCal
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hello to everyone!

Unread postby Iamjava » 4 June 2019, 19:40

its been 2 weeks since palatki has seen less than 95. :|
Iamjava
 
Posts: 330
+1s received: 76
Joined: 27 May 2019, 21:42
Location: florida
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hello to everyone!

Unread postby bent4life » 5 June 2019, 04:48

mxguy01 wrote:I was in Orlando for business a couple weeks ago. The first day was a brutal reminder how humid it can be there in addition to the temps. The remainder of the time the evenings were slightly bearable by my definition of desirable climate.


I used to live around Orlando for several years (almost 15 years ago now). I don't remember it being too humid. I would be walking outside, and when working outside (for hours) I just recall the dry burning sun. I guess environmental issues have changed the weather. I'm in south florida now, I can have rain & thunderstorms daily.

Was it raining by the afternoon?
bent4life
 
Posts: 13
+1s received: 1
Joined: 3 June 2019, 19:28
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hello to everyone!

Unread postby bent4life » 5 June 2019, 05:08

Iamjava wrote:its been 2 weeks since palatki has seen less than 95. :|



Oops... My bad, I should have mentioned "feels like" :)

It felt almost around 100, here a few days ago. The actual temp. around boca, has been the mid to upper 80s, but it feels like 90+ with high humidity.
bent4life
 
Posts: 13
+1s received: 1
Joined: 3 June 2019, 19:28
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hello to everyone!

Unread postby acpro » 7 June 2019, 18:32

ahh that's crazy, I'm actually going to Boca Raton some time between Aug-Oct. with my parents.

I'm secretly trying to get them to move there. I think it's perfect for them because it's not like a huge city or anything but it has everything you really need in life + it is near the beach and other cities if you need to get go out on the town.

I wasn't kidding when I said I was obsessed with FL lol. I want to goto that mafia dudes italian restaurant while I am there. I also want to check out Ft. Lauderdale (30 min away I think). I've been to FL a couple times (Daytona (did not like), Tampa, South Beach, Sanibel, and Orlando) but I've never been to Fort Lauderdale or Boca or the Keys. I really want to visit Key West--I've heard the gay scene is very nice.
User avatar
acpro
 
Posts: 2081
+1s received: 305
Joined: 23 December 2012, 05:18
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hello to everyone!

Unread postby Iamjava » 8 June 2019, 03:37

we used to camp at key west every year as a kid. (we did a lot of vacationing when i was young.) we hated it. it seemed theres was a storm blowing everybody away everyday.

i grew up in the daytona area. its not really that bad. whats in fort lauderdale thats worth while?
Iamjava
 
Posts: 330
+1s received: 76
Joined: 27 May 2019, 21:42
Location: florida
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hello to everyone!

Unread postby acpro » 8 June 2019, 12:06

Iamjava wrote:we used to camp at key west every year as a kid. (we did a lot of vacationing when i was young.) we hated it. it seemed theres was a storm blowing everybody away everyday.

i grew up in the daytona area. its not really that bad. whats in fort lauderdale thats worth while?


I felt like Daytona had a huge biker scene in a bad way. Like 1%ers or whatever they call themselves (the bad ones).

I got kicked out of a bar in Daytona and then after that EVERY single bar kicked me out because apparently they talk to each other on walkie talkies. I found out later on that it happens all the time. So if you get kicked out of just one bar your night is ruined. At this point in my life if I got kicked out of a bar I would call it a night because it would indicate something was very wrong me lol but I still don't like the mentality of barring someone from all the bars because of one dumb infraction.

I like fort lauderdale because I hear it's the cheaper version of Miami and since I'm not rich (YET) I think i'd like fort lauderdale a bit more lol. I also heard the gay life there is good. I don't know the specifics but my friend went there and said it was pretty good. I don't really party too much anymore but I like having some gay bars around to go when I have the inclination.
User avatar
acpro
 
Posts: 2081
+1s received: 305
Joined: 23 December 2012, 05:18
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hello to everyone!

Unread postby bent4life » 8 June 2019, 19:33

acpro wrote:I like fort lauderdale because I hear it's the cheaper version of Miami and since I'm not rich (YET) I think i'd like fort lauderdale a bit more lol. I also heard the gay life there is good. I don't know the specifics but my friend went there and said it was pretty good. I don't really party too much anymore but I like having some gay bars around to go when I have the inclination.


Yeah, Ft.Lauderdale can be better.

There's definitely a downside to Miami... it's very dangerous at night.
bent4life
 
Posts: 13
+1s received: 1
Joined: 3 June 2019, 19:28
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hello to everyone!

Unread postby Iamjava » 8 June 2019, 22:16

i would say that about florida in general. unless youre a pregnant pig. our constitution would protect you then.
Iamjava
 
Posts: 330
+1s received: 76
Joined: 27 May 2019, 21:42
Location: florida
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hello to everyone!

Unread postby bent4life » 9 June 2019, 02:22

Iamjava wrote:i would say that about florida in general. unless youre a pregnant pig. our constitution would protect you then.


Yeah, it may be dangerous throughout Florida (because of drivers & their driving)... especially on i-95! Or worse, on our "Golden Gate Intersection." A lot of people from 2 of the 5 most dangerous driver states (NJ & NY) move down here. I think they're learning about how the roads work in Florida, so fortunately they're starting to move to NC instead. :lol:
bent4life
 
Posts: 13
+1s received: 1
Joined: 3 June 2019, 19:28
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hello to everyone!

Unread postby bent4life » 9 June 2019, 02:39

here's how driving works in FL... You can speed 20+ mph past some local law enforcement vehicle, and they won't pull you over. Another thing you can do, is be in a right turn only lane, and during the red light make left in front the law enforcement car next to you. If YOU WANT a ticket... cut them off when entering dunkin' donuts! :)
bent4life
 
Posts: 13
+1s received: 1
Joined: 3 June 2019, 19:28
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hello to everyone!

Unread postby Jzone » 9 June 2019, 03:00

I've travelled through much of FL, and had a memorable extended stay in Key West in the 1980's. Diving, drinking, dancing. Conch fritters and sunsets from the southernmost point of the US. I sailed out of Key West barefoot and arrived a week later in Galveston in a blizzard. That was an adventure.
Just an everyday boyImageImagedoing everyday things
User avatar
Jzone
 
Posts: 673
+1s received: 843
Joined: 21 October 2017, 17:58
Location: USA, Washington State
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hello to everyone!

Unread postby acpro » 9 June 2019, 20:01

Jzone wrote:I've travelled through much of FL, and had a memorable extended stay in Key West in the 1980's. Diving, drinking, dancing. Conch fritters and sunsets from the southernmost point of the US. I sailed out of Key West barefoot and arrived a week later in Galveston in a blizzard. That was an adventure.


Ah, that sounds so fun.
User avatar
acpro
 
Posts: 2081
+1s received: 305
Joined: 23 December 2012, 05:18
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hello to everyone!

Unread postby Jzone » 10 June 2019, 01:30

acpro wrote:Ah, that sounds so fun.

Mostly fun, yes. Other than the times I thought we all might perish. Key West was definitely fun, sailing west was mostly fun. The last 24 hours approaching TX was a bit of a nightmare -- no satnav, no gps, only charts and compass like the days of iron men and wooden ships. I got to play an iron man on a fiberglass ship. Thankfully it all turned out well. :) Before that, I also had a grand adventure sailing out of Baltimore. Good times!
Just an everyday boyImageImagedoing everyday things
User avatar
Jzone
 
Posts: 673
+1s received: 843
Joined: 21 October 2017, 17:58
Location: USA, Washington State
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hello to everyone!

Unread postby Iamjava » 10 June 2019, 01:43

and the mega mosquitos, horse flies, boars.. then theres hurricanes, tornadoes.. well, ok, maybe we do enjoy the 'canes. always makes for a good party. :)
Iamjava
 
Posts: 330
+1s received: 76
Joined: 27 May 2019, 21:42
Location: florida
Country: United States (us)

Next

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: acpro, Baidu [Spider], CommonCrawl [Bot], josh84, SEOkicks [Bot], Yandex [Bot] and 9 guests