Hi.

New to the forum? Make an introduction and tell us about yourself!

Hi.

Unread postby Autumn Rider » 20 April 2016, 05:02

I'm not sure where to start here... I feel weird coming on here. It's not like I have any problems or anything like that. Seems like in movies and stuff people only resort to forums of things like this if they're uncertain what to do with it or they're not sure if it's true or something? But I went through that phase and kinda just got through it, came out to my friends(One of which already knew but she didn't really say anything often, just every now and then she'd mention it like it was common knowledge, though at the time not even I knew... it was weird), and then sort of just accepted it and myself through labor and, well mental distractions I've managed to make myself feel less awkward about it to the point where the fact that I am doesn't even feel like anything other than just other piece of me. Stating it in conversation at this point would be the same as saying I like mustard on my sandwiches or that I prefer blueberry jam over grape. It's a little specific and doesn't come up in conversations a lot but when it does I don't mind saying something if I'm asked. But I guess that long introduction is just leading into the main thing: Why I'm here. I guess I just want to make some friends I can just chat with every now and then. Simple as that.

Anyways I guess TL:DR, I'm not having any problems with my gayness or anything I just want to make some friends. Cool? Cool.

Little bit about me:

First name: Christian
Nickname(s)?: Muffin, Muffin Cake, Poland, raisin eating motherfucker
Age: 20
Orientation: Bi with preference towards men
Where you live: Mississippi
Where you're from: Mississippi
What you do (job, schooling, etc.): currently not a whole lot. I'm a core extra for a tv series and planning on becoming a chef through schooling at some point.
Dream Job: Pastry Chef ig I'm not certain
Religion (or lack thereof): idk at this point
Political philosophy: Don't be a dick.
Interests and hobbies: Pool, Drawing, Videogames, Painting(watercolor and acrylic), Writing, Baking, Cooking, Netflix, Youtube, Reading, Cleaning(if im in a particular mood), Sleeping, Listening to Music, Relaxing
Drinking, drugs or sobriety?: Er... I tried some stuff in college but I, as a rule of thumb, stay sober, helps me make only moderately bad decisions.
Special talents: I can lick my elbow, lie my ass off, stay really skinny without eating healthy, play trumpet, make a Portal Turret out of two broken mice and a coat hanger, draw really well by accident sometimes, and tell terrible puns when the situation calls for it.
Pet peeves: the sound/sight/feeling of rubbing bare skin on any type of carpet whatsoever makes me want to die, as do people who make an unnecessary mess in a kitchen("YOU'RE WASTING INGREDIENTS THAT SHIT IS STUPID PRECISE PLEASE NO I NEEDED A WHOLE CUP OF FLOUR WHAT ARE YOU DOING"), and the scritchy scratchy noise of a fork on a plate
Personal hero: um... Don't have one I guess?
Favourite real-life homosexual: Neil Patrick Harris/My best friend/Jim Parsons is gay right? I don't remember... Does it matter?
Favourite movies: Lilo and Stitch, Fight Club, Big hero 6, Django Unchained etc. idr the rest
Favourite TV shows: Supernatural, Steven Universe, Lie to Me, some others
Favourite music: Halestorm is pretty big with me atm
Favourite books: I have a few different series that I like, but one I'm currently still reading is The Last Apprentice. Heard the movie bombed.
Favourite food: Spaghetti, Mashed Potatoes
A quote to live by: The D is silent, hillbilly. -Django
User avatar
Autumn Rider
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 20 April 2016, 04:16
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hi.

Unread postby Lormill » 20 April 2016, 16:20

LOL, fork in a plate is awful. Although it probably sounds even worse scratched against a steel tray. I never really had anything with other sounds though, like scratching a blackboard. Should it sound that terrible? I don hear a damn thing, although that's probably because of the music that I listen too. First it was "AHH, TOO LOUD!! I'M GONNA DIE!!!" but it literally went to "CAN'T YOU MAKE IT LOUDER!? LOUDER!!" lol. And I like Halestorm, although I prefer Alestorm, I must say. And no, it's not a pun, it's a real band, lol.

But anyway, welcome. And in case you want to talk, I'm here for ya, though you might have to shut me up sometimes, just saying, lol. But, no, really. I talk way too much.
"The only action worth taking is one with an unknown outcome." - Nivix Guildmage
User avatar
Lormill
 
Posts: 584
Joined: 4 April 2016, 23:51
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: Hi.

Unread postby Autumn Rider » 20 April 2016, 17:45

I've heard of Alestorm and listened to them a bit myself, though for only a short period of time. I think they were pirate metal? Which sounds really awesome since I love pirates. And don't worry about talking too much, just gives me more to play off of when I respond. Whether or not that response is very long is up to what kind of weird mood I might be in. Anywhosen, nice to meet you!
User avatar
Autumn Rider
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 20 April 2016, 04:16
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hi.

Unread postby Lormill » 20 April 2016, 18:17

Welcome, and nice to meet you too. And yeah, Alestorm is folk metal. Celtic with those big pirate chants about booze, "Your alcohol, too much will fall! But we are here to take your beer!", lol.
"The only action worth taking is one with an unknown outcome." - Nivix Guildmage
User avatar
Lormill
 
Posts: 584
Joined: 4 April 2016, 23:51
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: Hi.

Unread postby rxxli » 20 April 2016, 21:34

Hello there! Welcome to the forums!

I loved Lie to Me. It was a really nice show and I makes me sad that it was canceled so quickly.
Image
User avatar
rxxli
 
Posts: 4262
+1s received: 231
Joined: 21 December 2012, 21:33
Country: Slovenia (si)

Re: Hi.

Unread postby Autumn Rider » 20 April 2016, 22:50

Lormill wrote:Welcome, and nice to meet you too. And yeah, Alestorm is folk metal. Celtic with those big pirate chants about booze, "Your alcohol, too much will fall! But we are here to take your beer!", lol.


Yup! I remember listening to them for a bit for sure. It was a coupla years ago.. maybe only one? I'm really not certain at this point.

rxxli wrote:Hello there! Welcome to the forums!

I loved Lie to Me. It was a really nice show and I makes me sad that it was canceled so quickly.


You're right, it was a great show and I watched the shit out of it with my mom. We loved it to death, really. Feels like forever ago now. XD
User avatar
Autumn Rider
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 20 April 2016, 04:16
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hi.

Unread postby Lormill » 20 April 2016, 23:10

I did watched Lie to Me for a moment there. Then, I remember I moved on to The Mentalist, then...Dexter? Anyway, now I'm only watching The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones and Hannibal, so...

But, anyway. I also like drawing. I don't know how to paint though, and if you do that means you're a way better artist than I am cause I only like to sketch every now and then when I'm bored, lol.
"The only action worth taking is one with an unknown outcome." - Nivix Guildmage
User avatar
Lormill
 
Posts: 584
Joined: 4 April 2016, 23:51
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: Hi.

Unread postby Autumn Rider » 21 April 2016, 00:19

Lormill wrote:I did watched Lie to Me for a moment there. Then, I remember I moved on to The Mentalist, then...Dexter? Anyway, now I'm only watching The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones and Hannibal, so...

But, anyway. I also like drawing. I don't know how to paint though, and if you do that means you're a way better artist than I am cause I only like to sketch every now and then when I'm bored, lol.


Yeah, when it comes to drawing, though, it seems like I'm always really bad when it counts. XD Like I won't notice something that's really gross about it until the last moment and then I'm too frustrated at how much work I'd have to redo to fix it. So I either don't or try to and end up giving up after like an hour.
User avatar
Autumn Rider
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 20 April 2016, 04:16
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hi.

Unread postby Lormill » 21 April 2016, 00:47

Autumn Rider wrote:Yeah, when it comes to drawing, though, it seems like I'm always really bad when it counts. XD Like I won't notice something that's really gross about it until the last moment and then I'm too frustrated at how much work I'd have to redo to fix it. So I either don't or try to and end up giving up after like an hour.

Like, proportion miscalculations? Haha, yeah, I do the same often. I "learned" how to draw on my own, so I don't use any guidelines to well, guide the drawing, so often is pretty much like an improvisation and turns out to go wrong. It's kinda hard to do the guide lines while you sketch, just cause it seems so much extra work, but once you got it becomes habit. Or so I've been told, lol.
"The only action worth taking is one with an unknown outcome." - Nivix Guildmage
User avatar
Lormill
 
Posts: 584
Joined: 4 April 2016, 23:51
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: Hi.

Unread postby Autumn Rider » 21 April 2016, 00:57

Lormill wrote:
Autumn Rider wrote:Yeah, when it comes to drawing, though, it seems like I'm always really bad when it counts. XD Like I won't notice something that's really gross about it until the last moment and then I'm too frustrated at how much work I'd have to redo to fix it. So I either don't or try to and end up giving up after like an hour.

Like, proportion miscalculations? Haha, yeah, I do the same often. I "learned" how to draw on my own, so I don't use any guidelines to well, guide the drawing, so often is pretty much like an improvisation and turns out to go wrong. It's kinda hard to do the guide lines while you sketch, just cause it seems so much extra work, but once you got it becomes habit. Or so I've been told, lol.


I don't mind doing the guidelines since they help soooo much, but I almost always fuck up on head size. Like that's the thing that fucks me up the most.
User avatar
Autumn Rider
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 20 April 2016, 04:16
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hi.

Unread postby Lormill » 21 April 2016, 01:46

Autumn Rider wrote:I don't mind doing the guidelines since they help soooo much, but I almost always fuck up on head size. Like that's the thing that fucks me up the most.

You start drawing by the head, right? People generally say it's easier to start by the head. You know, do the full head sketch, than the shoulder and all, working down on it. Makes it harder to preview the finished concept, but helps on the proportion. If you need something to help plan the body, especially in motion, just do the action line, then the circle at the top of it, sketch the head, and only then sketch the rest, working down on the body (shoulder, torso, arms, waist, legs), following that initial line.

Below: action line
Image

If, however, you already start by the head, then just forger everything and do the opposite. Start doing the body and only then start doing the head. I think that should help. But I'm just being snob here, as I said I'm too lazy to do all that, lol. :lol:
"The only action worth taking is one with an unknown outcome." - Nivix Guildmage
User avatar
Lormill
 
Posts: 584
Joined: 4 April 2016, 23:51
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: Hi.

Unread postby Autumn Rider » 21 April 2016, 03:16

Lormill wrote:
Autumn Rider wrote:I don't mind doing the guidelines since they help soooo much, but I almost always fuck up on head size. Like that's the thing that fucks me up the most.

You start drawing by the head, right? People generally say it's easier to start by the head. You know, do the full head sketch, than the shoulder and all, working down on it. Makes it harder to preview the finished concept, but helps on the proportion. If you need something to help plan the body, especially in motion, just do the action line, then the circle at the top of it, sketch the head, and only then sketch the rest, working down on the body (shoulder, torso, arms, waist, legs), following that initial line.

Below: action line
Image

If, however, you already start by the head, then just forger everything and do the opposite. Start doing the body and only then start doing the head. I think that should help. But I'm just being snob here, as I said I'm too lazy to do all that, lol. :lol:


I usually start with the head. I'll try to start with the body from now on and see if that helps at all. If it does I'll send you a finished version of it if you even care to see it.
Anyways thanks for the advice that's actually really helpful.
User avatar
Autumn Rider
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 20 April 2016, 04:16
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hi.

Unread postby Lormill » 21 April 2016, 04:09

Autumn Rider wrote:I usually start with the head. I'll try to start with the body from now on and see if that helps at all. If it does I'll send you a finished version of it if you even care to see it.
Anyways thanks for the advice that's actually really helpful.

Haha, you're welcome, but no need to thank me. I didn't do much. But yeah, sure, I'd like to see it. Good luck!
"The only action worth taking is one with an unknown outcome." - Nivix Guildmage
User avatar
Lormill
 
Posts: 584
Joined: 4 April 2016, 23:51
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: Hi.

Unread postby Autumn Rider » 21 April 2016, 05:24

Lormill wrote:
Autumn Rider wrote:I usually start with the head. I'll try to start with the body from now on and see if that helps at all. If it does I'll send you a finished version of it if you even care to see it.
Anyways thanks for the advice that's actually really helpful.

Haha, you're welcome, but no need to thank me. I didn't do much. But yeah, sure, I'd like to see it. Good luck!

It's taking some time for sure... Here's my best attempt so far, which is still a wip.. and a rough one at that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Autumn Rider
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 20 April 2016, 04:16
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hi.

Unread postby Lormill » 21 April 2016, 21:21

Autumn Rider wrote:It's taking some time for sure... Here's my best attempt so far, which is still a wip.. and a rough one at that.

The head size's pretty good. And yes, it's really weird starting by the body cause it's confusing when you get to the neck and all, haha. But oh well, it's pretty good. And if that's rough, you're way better with surroundings than I am. Waaaaay better, lol. :lol:
"The only action worth taking is one with an unknown outcome." - Nivix Guildmage
User avatar
Lormill
 
Posts: 584
Joined: 4 April 2016, 23:51
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: Hi.

Unread postby Autumn Rider » 22 April 2016, 16:01

Lormill wrote:
Autumn Rider wrote:It's taking some time for sure... Here's my best attempt so far, which is still a wip.. and a rough one at that.

The head size's pretty good. And yes, it's really weird starting by the body cause it's confusing when you get to the neck and all, haha. But oh well, it's pretty good. And if that's rough, you're way better with surroundings than I am. Waaaaay better, lol. :lol:


I took AP Art classes in highschool so one of the things we learned was backgrounds. Specifically pov and such, though we mostly focused on city landscapes where we had to make sure all the buildings were pointed the right way based on the horizon line and the point that we used. Sometimes we'd ise two points. But really all I did was scribble stuff in that I thought might fit and accidentally made the guy really tall. So blahh it's quite rough. I have a lot of cleaning up to do before I can color it.
User avatar
Autumn Rider
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 20 April 2016, 04:16
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hi.

Unread postby Lormill » 22 April 2016, 18:21

Autumn Rider wrote:I took AP Art classes in highschool so one of the things we learned was backgrounds. Specifically pov and such, though we mostly focused on city landscapes where we had to make sure all the buildings were pointed the right way based on the horizon line and the point that we used. Sometimes we'd ise two points. But really all I did was scribble stuff in that I thought might fit and accidentally made the guy really tall. So blahh it's quite rough. I have a lot of cleaning up to do before I can color it.

Lol, sounds complicated. If I tried to draw an entire city landscape I'd die before I get the chance to finish it, lol. Most mangas I read the scenario is so detailed too. But most of them have one artist for the characters, and another for the scenario. Still, the result is really impressive. :wide-eyed:
"The only action worth taking is one with an unknown outcome." - Nivix Guildmage
User avatar
Lormill
 
Posts: 584
Joined: 4 April 2016, 23:51
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: Hi.

Unread postby wizid » 23 April 2016, 01:52

Welcome to the forum Christian - I do like that name, it has a certain class to it, a nobility almost. Or at least it did, while the name and the religion are separate things, Christians in general are getting dragged through the muck lately - mostly by people who simply claim to be Christians without seemingly even a childlike knowledge of the teachings of the man on which the religion was hung. Ha, sorry bout that slight dip/ramble/vent. I do like the name though.

How does one get the nickname Poland?

What TV series? Or at least whats the genre and loose plot?

Pastry Chef is a solid way to make a living if you can swing it. I was going to do something close to that. I went to a culinary school for a bit with the concentration on Baking & Pastry with the idea of eventually owning a Bakery that also made some amount of pastries - especially for weddings and snobby dinner parties and whatnot. Turned out my body physically couldn't take the physical stresses of working in a kitchen professionally. Still do love to bake and whatnot, love anyone who not only enjoys cooking but can do so on a real scale - ie people like yourself. As to pet peeves - aren't you forgetting the folks who say shit like "That looks disgusting so I'm not going to eat it"

I rather like the way you stitched together your favorite movies, fun fuzzy family thing followed by something brutal followed by something fun and fuzzy followed by more brutality. Nicely done.

Supernatural is fantastic, so was Lie to Me.

Umm, where do you get Autumn Rider from? Any chance you're a motorcyclist? Long shot but always worth asking.

Anyway, look forward to seeing you about the forum, Wahoo dude.
Words dazzle and deceive because they are mimed by the face. But black words on a white page are the soul laid bare. - Guy de Maupassant
User avatar
wizid
 
Posts: 1752
+1s received: 177
Joined: 8 March 2013, 03:06
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States (us)

chce sie przywitać

Unread postby Kermutisnox » 1 May 2019, 08:30

witajcie. jestem nowy :). Jeśli pomyliłem dział prosze o zmiane.
Kermutisnox
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 30 April 2019, 20:31
Location: Moldawia
Country: Portugal (pt)


Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Seznam [Bot] and 15 guests