Hi there!

New to the forum? Make an introduction and tell us about yourself!

Hi there!

Unread postby Mcmmigas » 22 August 2020, 16:06

Hi everyone!

My name is Miguel and I'm a 21yo guy from Portugal. Like some other people, I used to be part of GTF (I joined back in 2017, went to some meetups and left after it kinda... blew up let's say haha). Just like before, I'm here to meet new people and hopefully make some friends :)

First name: Miguel
Nickname(s)?: Migas, Mig
Age: 21
Orientation: Bi
Where you live: Lisbon, Portugal
Where you're from: Algarve, Portugal
What you do (job, schooling, etc.): Political Scientist, taking a masters in Public Policy
Dream Job: MP or working somewhere in the gov
Religion (or lack thereof): Catholic
Political philosophy: Centre with a touch of nationalism
Interests and hobbies: Gaming, going out with friends, shopping, travelling, driving, playing the piano, writing poems
Drinking, drugs or sobriety?: Social drinking
Special talents: I play the piano and write poems
Personal hero: Probably my parents and Jeremy Clarkson
Favourite real-life homosexual: I don't really have one
Favourite TV shows: Top Gear (the OG with Jeremy and the lot), The Grand Tour, House of Cards, Kitchen Nightmares
Favourite music: Charlie Puth, Jason Derulo and some other portuguese artists.
Favourite food: Seafood, Pizza

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them :)
User avatar
Mcmmigas
 
Posts: 4
+1s received: 2
Joined: 22 August 2020, 15:51
Country: Portugal (pt)

Re: Hi there!

Unread postby Jasper1 » 22 August 2020, 16:24

Hey Miguel!

Welcome to the Forum.

You live in my favourite part of the world. I’ve been to Lisbon a couple of times and loved it. Rollerblading along the seafront is the best. I also enjoy the Algarve which is a regular holiday destination for me.

I just love the fish dishes, although have not tried a seafood pizza.

Enjoy the forum! :applause:
User avatar
Jasper1
 
Posts: 92
+1s received: 62
Joined: 12 July 2020, 11:44
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Hi there!

Unread postby René » 22 August 2020, 17:00

Welcome Miguel! :keke:

Portugal is beautiful. My family often takes summer holidays in the Alcobaça area :)
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 6444
+1s received: 2119
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland / Maryland, USA
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Hi there!

Unread postby jake.wriley » 22 August 2020, 17:08

Hey Migas, Welcome!

You have excellent taste in television! I like how you list Jeremy Clarkson as a personal hero :) I have not bothered to watch the new "Top Gear;" without the original lot, I don't see the point haha. How is the Grand Tour? I have yet to check it out.

I also play piano! What kind of music do you like to play?

Lovely that you write poetry! I used to as well! Do you write in English or Portuguese?
jake.wriley
 
Posts: 21
+1s received: 13
Joined: 25 June 2020, 11:40
Country: United States (us)

Re: Hi there!

Unread postby Mcmmigas » 22 August 2020, 17:30

Jasper1 wrote:Hey Miguel!

Welcome to the Forum.

You live in my favourite part of the world. I’ve been to Lisbon a couple of times and loved it. Rollerblading along the seafront is the best. I also enjoy the Algarve which is a regular holiday destination for me.

I just love the fish dishes, although have not tried a seafood pizza.

Enjoy the forum! :applause:


Glad you enjoyed Lisbon, it really is a nice city. I'm actually from the eastern part of the Algarve. Also, small correction: it's seafood AND pizza, not seafood pizza :P
User avatar
Mcmmigas
 
Posts: 4
+1s received: 2
Joined: 22 August 2020, 15:51
Country: Portugal (pt)

Re: Hi there!

Unread postby Mcmmigas » 22 August 2020, 17:31

René wrote:Welcome Miguel! :keke:

Portugal is beautiful. My family often takes summer holidays in the Alcobaça area :)


That's actually v cool :D
User avatar
Mcmmigas
 
Posts: 4
+1s received: 2
Joined: 22 August 2020, 15:51
Country: Portugal (pt)

Re: Hi there!

Unread postby Mcmmigas » 22 August 2020, 17:35

jake.wriley wrote:Hey Migas, Welcome!

You have excellent taste in television! I like how you list Jeremy Clarkson as a personal hero :) I have not bothered to watch the new "Top Gear;" without the original lot, I don't see the point haha. How is the Grand Tour? I have yet to check it out.

I also play piano! What kind of music do you like to play?

Lovely that you write poetry! I used to as well! Do you write in English or Portuguese?


Yeah, same - Top Gear without those 3 blokes ain't Top Gear. The Grand Tour is actually quite funny but I don't quite enjoy it as much as the og TG (maybe I'm stuck in the past).

I usually play Frederic Chopin and musicians from the 19th century (romanticism basically). As for poetry, I write it in portuguese and I've published my first book about 3 years ago.
User avatar
Mcmmigas
 
Posts: 4
+1s received: 2
Joined: 22 August 2020, 15:51
Country: Portugal (pt)


Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], kotek91 and 92 guests