Gay Themed Films & Movies

Discuss movies, television, music, games, books, media, and culture (including pop culture) generally.

Re: LGBT movie suggestion

Unread postby Martian » 10 August 2016, 21:13

Marmaduke wrote:Why is that funny?


heart is on the left side of our chest, he should've hold his left chest part.
User avatar
Martian
 
Posts: 98
+1s received: 32
Joined: 7 August 2016, 01:38
Country: Turkey (tr)

Re: LGBT movie suggestion

Unread postby Marmaduke » 10 August 2016, 21:43

Your heart is in the center of your chest
User avatar
Marmaduke
 
Posts: 8447
+1s received: 3180
Joined: 23 December 2012, 17:56
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Gay Themed Films & Movies

Unread postby Marmaduke » 10 August 2016, 22:06

In the interests of being educational,

During heart attacks, people don't clutch at their chests consciously aiming for the heart, as if trying to rub it better. It's behind your sternum, that wouldn't do anything. It's just instinct. When your body feels sudden pain, instinctively you will try to shield the affected area whilst your brain catches up and determines what has happened.

An unseen insect stings you, your hand moves to shield the area before you've seen there is a bee, much less determined it as the source of your pain. It's the same principal at work during a heart attack. Your body doesn't know it's having one, it just knows there's a sudden sharp pain in your chest - which is knows is full of vital organs - so it draws your arm in and across to shield the area whilst it conducts an assessment. When your elbow is drawn into your body, your hand will naturally fall across to its opposite side.

Your heart attack victim is less likely as humourously unawares of his hearts location as you and more likely simply left handed.

Coincidentally, the actor to which you refer is Colin Firth. Colin Firth is left handed.

The more you know.
User avatar
Marmaduke
 
Posts: 8447
+1s received: 3180
Joined: 23 December 2012, 17:56
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Gay Themed Films & Movies

Unread postby Martian » 10 August 2016, 22:22

Marmaduke wrote:In the interests of being educational,

During heart attacks, people don't clutch at their chests consciously aiming for the heart, as if trying to rub it better. It's behind your sternum, that wouldn't do anything. It's just instinct. When your body feels sudden pain, instinctively you will try to shield the affected area whilst your brain catches up and determines what has happened.

An unseen insect stings you, your hand moves to shield the area before you've seen there is a bee, much less determined it as the source of your pain. It's the same principal at work during a heart attack. Your body doesn't know it's having one, it just knows there's a sudden sharp pain in your chest - which is knows is full of vital organs - so it draws your arm in and across to shield the area whilst it conducts an assessment. When your elbow is drawn into your body, your hand will naturally fall across to its opposite side.

Your heart attack victim is less likely as humourously unawares of his hearts location as you and more likely simply left handed.

Coincidentally, the actor to which you refer is Colin Firth. Colin Firth is left handed.

The more you know.


that was an intersting explanation, thanks. i didnt know it's about what-handed we are. In our health classes, heart is taught to be on the left side. But that might be true. Also thanks for directing me movie suggestion topic. i thought this topic was not put before.
User avatar
Martian
 
Posts: 98
+1s received: 32
Joined: 7 August 2016, 01:38
Country: Turkey (tr)

Re: Gay Themed Films & Movies

Unread postby Tony » 10 August 2016, 23:50

I watched Holding the Man earlier this year and I recommend the film, it is a touching adaptation.
Tony
 
Posts: 3292
+1s received: 194
Joined: 24 October 2014, 20:30
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Gay Themed Films & Movies

Unread postby pozzie » 2 January 2022, 23:40

I'm resurrecting this long dead thread since I generally don't see the Film of the Moment until it hits disc or my streamers but I do watch lots of things that no one else is probably interested in. Anyway, there's a point ...

Would anyone be interested in participating in creating a forum list related to gay film? We could do a list of our favorite gay films, or the best/most important gay films of all time, something like that. I'd be willing to try and shepherd such a process if folks have an interest in something like Gayforum's Top 50 Gay Movies.

Thoughts?
User avatar
pozzie
 
Posts: 645
+1s received: 162
Joined: 4 June 2021, 20:43
Location: Oregon USA

Re: Gay Themed Films & Movies

Unread postby Brenden » 4 January 2022, 16:46

pozzie wrote:I'm resurrecting this long dead thread since I generally don't see the Film of the Moment until it hits disc or my streamers but I do watch lots of things that no one else is probably interested in. Anyway, there's a point ...

Would anyone be interested in participating in creating a forum list related to gay film? We could do a list of our favorite gay films, or the best/most important gay films of all time, something like that. I'd be willing to try and shepherd such a process if folks have an interest in something like Gayforum's Top 50 Gay Movies.

Thoughts?

You're welcome to get that going here or start a new thread.

I can make and update an IMDb list for it.
Disclaimer: All views expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the views of this forum except when otherwise stated or this signature is not present.

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 9045
+1s received: 3454
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland
Country: United States (us)

Re: Gay Themed Films & Movies

Unread postby Marmaduke » 4 January 2022, 21:32

You know which films I’m going to add to the list, right?
User avatar
Marmaduke
 
Posts: 8447
+1s received: 3180
Joined: 23 December 2012, 17:56
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Gay Themed Films & Movies

Unread postby pozzie » 4 January 2022, 21:48

Nope - but then again, we've not established any parameters so your porn collection is still fair game!
User avatar
pozzie
 
Posts: 645
+1s received: 162
Joined: 4 June 2021, 20:43
Location: Oregon USA

Re: Gay Themed Films & Movies

Unread postby Marmaduke » 4 January 2022, 21:56

I would like to start the list with the following films;

The Hunt for Red October
Crimson Tide
K-19; The Widowmaker
U571
The World is not Enough *selected scenes aboard the stolen submarine only
User avatar
Marmaduke
 
Posts: 8447
+1s received: 3180
Joined: 23 December 2012, 17:56
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Gay Themed Films & Movies

Unread postby pozzie » 4 January 2022, 22:11

lol - at least I'll take that as more than a passing interest, or are you just hoping to torpedo the whole exercise?

Is anyone else interested? I was thinking of starting by limiting it to GAY themes, but we could do a list of our favorite SUB movies or just favorite movies in general.

Was planning on starting a separate thread when it becomes clear there is enough (at least five members) interest.
User avatar
pozzie
 
Posts: 645
+1s received: 162
Joined: 4 June 2021, 20:43
Location: Oregon USA

Re: Gay Themed Films & Movies

Unread postby PopTart » 5 January 2022, 18:16

I feel abit like some of the posters in this very thread, some seven years ago, that gay themed films really do tend to get a little samey.

That doesn't mean bad, mind. But I find I have low expectations and don't go out of my way to see them. In my late teens, I watched a swathe of gay themed films many of which were utter shit. :lol:

That said, one gay themed film I have grown to love (started out hating it) has been Prayers for Bobby.

The main charatcer isn't the eponymous Bobby, but his mother, played by Sigorney Weaver.

In my youth I hated the character Weaver plays, hated her failure to support or even accept her son and couldn't quite understand what good came of portraying her story.

When I watched it a couple of years ago. It hit me entirely differently. I don't think I cried at a film so hard, seeing a mothers pain and regret, for a son she failed to understand.

The sound editing in the film is terrible, with ambient music stopping abruptly at scene changes and everything. Technically it's real basic, but the visceral emotion. That's something else.
ImageImage
User avatar
PopTart
 
Posts: 3779
+1s received: 2860
Joined: 12 December 2017, 11:15
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Gay Themed Films & Movies

Unread postby pozzie » 5 January 2022, 22:18

PopTart wrote:I feel abit like some of the posters in this very thread, some seven years ago, that gay themed films really do tend to get a little samey.

That doesn't mean bad, mind. But I find I have low expectations and don't go out of my way to see them. In my late teens, I watched a swathe of gay themed films many of which were utter shit. :lol:


Your point is totally valid and I agree. Rather than just doing a favorite gay movie list, it might be more interesting to add a twist like "Most Unique" or "Relatively Original" or maybe someone else has an idea. I know I've run across other lists with titles like "The films every gay man should see". And there's always Best of lists. Can we come up with something different? Would you participate?
User avatar
pozzie
 
Posts: 645
+1s received: 162
Joined: 4 June 2021, 20:43
Location: Oregon USA

Previous

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], ebloo937pam, jpjzao028pam and 60 guests