New and Upcoming Films

Discuss movies, television, music, games, books, media, and culture (including pop culture) generally.

New and Upcoming Films

Unread postby Tony » 20 October 2015, 07:24

I believe that the forum needs a new thread where members can post and discuss new film trailers, castings, what films they are excited for and any other opinions. I searched the forum and I don't think there's a tread like this; the Film of the Moment tread is more for posting whatever you have just watched.

I will start this off with Star Wars: The Force Awakens

New trailer:


Offical poster:
Image

Edit: New IMAX poster
Image
Tony
 
Posts: 3292
+1s received: 194
Joined: 24 October 2014, 20:30
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: New and Upcoming Films

Unread postby Tony » 26 October 2015, 21:40

Jared Leto's Joker from Suicide Squad is on the cover of Empire Magazine. I'm still a bit unsure that to think atm but I am not a fan of the Joker wearing sweatpants. :/

Image

Tony
 
Posts: 3292
+1s received: 194
Joined: 24 October 2014, 20:30
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: New and Upcoming Films

Unread postby c1ask0 » 27 October 2015, 08:22

I'm looking forward to Mockjngjay: Part Two. :keke:
Don't think about doing it tomorrow. You won't do it tomorrow. Do it today.
User avatar
c1ask0
Moderator
 
Posts: 4168
+1s received: 66
Joined: 17 December 2013, 19:48
Location: Preston
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: New and Upcoming Films

Unread postby KrisCross » 27 October 2015, 08:52

tl1992 wrote:Jared Leto's Joker from Suicide Squad is on the cover of Empire Magazine. I'm still a bit unsure that to think atm but I am not a fan of the Joker wearing sweatpants. :/

Image


That would have been so perfect if it weren't for the sweatpants! :lol: So far Leto's performance looks promising, especially in the trailer, but some of those tattoos and those sweatpants make him look a little too much like an ordinary street punk.
Image
KrisCross
 
Posts: 288
+1s received: 47
Joined: 25 October 2015, 23:26
Country: Belgium (be)

Re: New and Upcoming Films

Unread postby Brenden » 27 October 2015, 09:27

c1ask0 wrote:I'm looking forward to Mockjngjay: Part Two. :keke:

When does that come out?
Disclaimer: All views expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the views of this forum except when otherwise stated or this signature is not present.

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 9193
+1s received: 3557
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United States (us)

Re: New and Upcoming Films

Unread postby Tony » 27 October 2015, 09:34

Brenden wrote:
c1ask0 wrote:I'm looking forward to Mockjngjay: Part Two. :keke:

When does that come out?

Not too long to wait, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 will be released20th November here in the UK :)
Tony
 
Posts: 3292
+1s received: 194
Joined: 24 October 2014, 20:30
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: New and Upcoming Films

Unread postby Brenden » 27 October 2015, 10:47

tl1992 wrote:
Brenden wrote:
c1ask0 wrote:I'm looking forward to Mockjngjay: Part Two. :keke:

When does that come out?

Not too long to wait, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 will be released20th November here in the UK :)

This autumn/winter is going to be amazing. Hunger Games, James Bond, Star Wars. :awesome:

If only going to the cinema weren't so expensive in this country. :pfft:
Disclaimer: All views expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the views of this forum except when otherwise stated or this signature is not present.

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 9193
+1s received: 3557
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United States (us)

Re: New and Upcoming Films

Unread postby c1ask0 » 27 October 2015, 16:45

Brenden wrote:
tl1992 wrote:
Brenden wrote:
c1ask0 wrote:I'm looking forward to Mockjngjay: Part Two. :keke:

When does that come out?

Not too long to wait, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 will be released20th November here in the UK :)

This autumn/winter is going to be amazing. Hunger Games, James Bond, Star Wars. :awesome:

If only going to the cinema weren't so expensive in this country. :pfft:

Don't you get a student discount? I don't now that I've qualified but I found that having an NUS card was quite useful for cinema trips.
Don't think about doing it tomorrow. You won't do it tomorrow. Do it today.
User avatar
c1ask0
Moderator
 
Posts: 4168
+1s received: 66
Joined: 17 December 2013, 19:48
Location: Preston
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Film of the Moment

Unread postby Marmaduke » 27 October 2015, 17:26

I found Spectre to be such a disappointment. They've abandoned all I liked about the Daniel Craig bond films and gone back to a film that's worthy of Roger Moore. Cinematography is really good, there are some beautiful shots and scenes, but there's next to no plot to hide the twist behind so you've figured out the whole film 20 minutes in.
User avatar
Marmaduke
 
Posts: 8738
+1s received: 3419
Joined: 23 December 2012, 17:56
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: New and Upcoming Films

Unread postby Tony » 27 October 2015, 17:57

Brenden wrote:This autumn/winter is going to be amazing. Hunger Games, James Bond, Star Wars. :awesome:


Haha someone did say it's a good year to be a franchise groupie. :lol:

c1ask0 wrote:
Brenden wrote:If only going to the cinema weren't so expensive in this country. :pfft:

Don't you get a student discount? I don't now that I've qualified but I found that having an NUS card was quite useful for cinema trips.

I love having my NUS extra card, getting student discount every now and then is really cool.

I have a Cineworld card and for about £15 per month I can see as many films as what in any of their branches, which it really good as the cost of an adult ticket (or even a student ticket) is quite dear in the capital.
Tony
 
Posts: 3292
+1s received: 194
Joined: 24 October 2014, 20:30
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: New and Upcoming Films

Unread postby Brenden » 28 October 2015, 12:01

tl1992 wrote:
Brenden wrote:This autumn/winter is going to be amazing. Hunger Games, James Bond, Star Wars. :awesome:


Haha someone did say it's a good year to be a franchise groupie. :lol:

I was being cheeky. :P

c1ask0 wrote:
Brenden wrote:If only going to the cinema weren't so expensive in this country. :pfft:

Don't you get a student discount? I don't now that I've qualified but I found that having an NUS card was quite useful for cinema trips.

The OU used to offer student cards for £10, which René and I kept considering getting. Then for a brief few months they discontinued that scheme and were offering free ones before getting rid of issuing OU student cards altogether, but we procrastinated and missed out (we kept meaning to take passport-style photos and mail in the application).

tl1992 wrote:I love having my NUS extra card, getting student discount every now and then is really cool.

I've been considering getting one but with how infrequently we do end up going out or to the cinema it just doesn't seem with the, what is it, £15?

tl1992 wrote:I have a Cineworld card and for about £15 per month I can see as many films as what in any of their branches, which it really good as the cost of an adult ticket (or even a student ticket) is quite dear in the capital.

Unfortunately, you still have to pay extra for 3D with Cineworld's scheme, no? René and I usually only go to the cinema when wanting to see something big in 3D, because otherwise our 40″ TV in our comfortable living room serves quite well for movie-watching, and we don't mind waiting a few months until they come out on home media.
Disclaimer: All views expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the views of this forum except when otherwise stated or this signature is not present.

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 9193
+1s received: 3557
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United States (us)

Re: New and Upcoming Films

Unread postby xyz72 » 28 October 2015, 12:15

I prefer waiting for the Bluray sometimes. Mainly because that means no loud obnoxious people in the cinema and bonus features. :D Unfortunately most of the Blurays out nowadays have a few trailers and one audio commentary track at best.
xyz72
 
Posts: 3923
+1s received: 38
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:50
Country: Germany (de)

Re: New and Upcoming Films

Unread postby Tony » 28 October 2015, 18:41

Brenden wrote:I've been considering getting one but with how infrequently we do end up going out or to the cinema it just doesn't seem with the, what is it, £15?

It's £12 for a year and I really think it worth it. It is equivalent to £1 a month, and I probably save at least that every time I use it. It's surprising how many places, both in store and online, do/have student discounts and even some restaurants too. I really like that places like Amazon and Co-Op have student discount for NUS Extra holders. :)

Brenden wrote:Unfortunately, you still have to pay extra for 3D with Cineworld's scheme, no? René and I usually only go to the cinema when wanting to see something big in 3D, because otherwise our 40″ TV in our comfortable living room serves quite well for movie-watching, and we don't mind waiting a few months until they come out on home media.

No 2D and 3D are both unlimited and I don't pay extra when seeing 3D films. I only have to pay extra if I want upgrade and sit in those 'nice' leather seat with better views.

c1ask0 wrote:I'm looking forward to Mockjngjay: Part Two. :keke:

There's a new trailer, which just came out earlier today. Less than a month until it't out :noes:

Tony
 
Posts: 3292
+1s received: 194
Joined: 24 October 2014, 20:30
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Film of the Moment

Unread postby Ciniselli » 30 October 2015, 10:04

They've abandoned all I liked about the Daniel Craig bond films and gone back to a film that's worthy of Roger Moore.


This raises my hopes somewhat, as Roger Moore is my favourite Bond :D
Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
User avatar
Ciniselli
 
Posts: 311
+1s received: 3
Joined: 8 March 2015, 16:17
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: New and Upcoming Films

Unread postby Tony » 31 October 2015, 05:14

A new trailer for the Ratchet & Clank movie:)




The new trailer for Kung Fu Panda 3



The capital gets obliterated in the explosive new trailer for London Has Fallen :gaping:



A first-look trailer for Disney's Alice Through the Looking Glass
Tony
 
Posts: 3292
+1s received: 194
Joined: 24 October 2014, 20:30
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Film of the Moment

Unread postby Severelius » 31 October 2015, 22:43

Ciniselli wrote:
They've abandoned all I liked about the Daniel Craig bond films and gone back to a film that's worthy of Roger Moore.


This raises my hopes somewhat, as Roger Moore is my favourite Bond :D

This dashes mine because I really never liked Roger Moore as James Bond.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 5014
+1s received: 1356
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: New and Upcoming Films

Unread postby rxxli » 8 November 2015, 12:10

Tony wrote:A new trailer for the Ratchet & Clank movie:)



Ooooh. I didn't know they were making a movie about it.

Tony wrote:The capital gets obliterated in the explosive new trailer for London Has Fallen :gaping:


London has fallen...
America, America, America :lol: .
Image
User avatar
rxxli
 
Posts: 4467
+1s received: 365
Joined: 21 December 2012, 21:33
Country: Slovenia (si)

Re: New and Upcoming Films

Unread postby Tony » 10 November 2015, 22:04

The first trailer for Finding Dory is finally here! :awesome: :heart:
Tony
 
Posts: 3292
+1s received: 194
Joined: 24 October 2014, 20:30
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: New and Upcoming Films

Unread postby Brenden » 11 November 2015, 10:18

:awesome: :3
Disclaimer: All views expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the views of this forum except when otherwise stated or this signature is not present.

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 9193
+1s received: 3557
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United States (us)

Re: New and Upcoming Films

Unread postby Tony » 25 November 2015, 20:44

The first explosive trailer for Captain America: Civil War has finally landed! :awesome:




Poster

Image
Tony
 
Posts: 3292
+1s received: 194
Joined: 24 October 2014, 20:30
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Next

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], DlTox, Valeriebop, Yandex [Bot] and 267 guests