Video Games

Discuss movies, television, music, games, books, media, and culture (including pop culture) generally.

Re: Video Games

Unread postby Lucas » 2 March 2013, 04:21

Davis wrote:Anyone play Battlefield 3 on ps3?

BF3 - just incase someone searches that


Oh man I used to play BF2, I heard 3 is better than CoD though.
Lucas
 
Posts: 4134
+1s received: 103
Joined: 21 December 2012, 19:08
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Country: United States (us)

Re: Video Games

Unread postby Adam88 » 2 March 2013, 04:30

Lucas wrote:
Davis wrote:Anyone play Battlefield 3 on ps3?

BF3 - just incase someone searches that


Oh man I used to play BF2, I heard 3 is better than CoD though.


A cracker covered in piss is better than CoD.
User avatar
Adam88
 
Posts: 1596
+1s received: 3
Joined: 14 January 2013, 09:51
Country: United States (us)

Re: Video Games

Unread postby Mod » 2 March 2013, 04:53

Adam88 wrote:
Lucas wrote:
Davis wrote:Anyone play Battlefield 3 on ps3?

BF3 - just incase someone searches that


Oh man I used to play BF2, I heard 3 is better than CoD though.


A cracker covered in piss is better than CoD.

Eh, it's fun in small doses.

I find BF3 kinda boring these days since it definitely went too far into grindy experience territory (Even if the series did introduce that kind of persistence into multiplayer fps it was COD's version that when copied sent them over the edge.
If I had a BF3 itch today I'd update Planetside 2.

Also semi relevant:
Image
Last edited by Mod on 2 March 2013, 05:31, edited 1 time in total.
Money can't buy happiness; but we'll sell it to you anyway.
Mod
 
Posts: 3174
+1s received: 161
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:26
Country: New Zealand (nz)

Re: Video Games

Unread postby Lucas » 2 March 2013, 05:16

^ hahaha


Adam88 wrote:
Lucas wrote:
Davis wrote:Anyone play Battlefield 3 on ps3?

BF3 - just incase someone searches that


Oh man I used to play BF2, I heard 3 is better than CoD though.


A cracker covered in piss is better than CoD.


Idk have you ever tried bargain brand crackers, those things are nastyyyy.

CoD is ok when you're messing around with your friends. The survival modes are fun to play. I like Halo better though. Halo 1 is my favorite, a few of my friends and I are setting up a Halo 1 4v4 tournament in the next few weeks. But anyway I was just making a point of reference as I'd heard people compare Battlefield 3 to CoD and they seemed to think BF3 was better. Battlefield 2 was pretty fun back in the day. I usually play RPGs though, so I'm not all that up to date on FPS games.
Lucas
 
Posts: 4134
+1s received: 103
Joined: 21 December 2012, 19:08
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Country: United States (us)

Re: Video Games

Unread postby hnngh » 2 March 2013, 05:35

Bf3 and CoD shouldn't be compared.
Too many lights out
Nowhere near here

kamil80 wrote:Me looking for fuck friends.
User avatar
hnngh
 
Posts: 1085
+1s received: 5
Joined: 20 December 2012, 22:11
Location: New York

Re: Video Games

Unread postby Mod » 2 March 2013, 05:37

hnngh wrote:Bf3 and CoD shouldn't be compared.

Why? In any way at all?

Also Space Hulk Preview
Money can't buy happiness; but we'll sell it to you anyway.
Mod
 
Posts: 3174
+1s received: 161
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:26
Country: New Zealand (nz)

Re: Video Games

Unread postby hnngh » 2 March 2013, 05:59

They are night and day. CoD is an arcade shooter. BF3 is a tactical squad based shooter. They are totally different. It's like comparing skyrim with Dark souls.
Too many lights out
Nowhere near here

kamil80 wrote:Me looking for fuck friends.
User avatar
hnngh
 
Posts: 1085
+1s received: 5
Joined: 20 December 2012, 22:11
Location: New York

Re: Video Games

Unread postby Brenden » 2 March 2013, 07:08

Image
Disclaimer: All views expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the views of this forum except when otherwise stated or this signature is not present.

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 8743
+1s received: 3236
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland
Country: United States (us)

Re: Video Games

Unread postby hnngh » 2 March 2013, 07:25

There's no point in comparing them because which one you prefer has nothing to do with the quality of the game. It ultimately comes down to preference. If you want fast paced, jump straight into it kind of action, you'll play CoD. If you want teamplay, big battles, and slower paced action you'll play BF3. You're better off comparing CoD with Blacklight Retribution (BLR is better). You wouldn't compare Deadspace to Amnesia because, even though they are both horror games, they deliver horror in a completely different way, which means any comparison is ultimately subjective.
Too many lights out
Nowhere near here

kamil80 wrote:Me looking for fuck friends.
User avatar
hnngh
 
Posts: 1085
+1s received: 5
Joined: 20 December 2012, 22:11
Location: New York

Re: Video Games

Unread postby Mod » 2 March 2013, 08:00

hnngh wrote:They are night and day. CoD is an arcade shooter. BF3 is a tactical squad based shooter. They are totally different. It's like comparing skyrim with Dark souls.

I'm not talking about preference I'm talking about business decisions that affect gameplay.
While Cod is an arcade shooter and Bf3 is billed as a tactical squad shooter. They share more similarity than that by virtue of their publishers Activision and EA.

For instance looking at persistent meta game the current COD style is based upon a version introduced in Battlefield 2 and further refined in BF2142. The way that the meta is set up the outcomes of each game matter very little to the individual player as experience grinding for unlocks has become the dominant mode of play. Aside from pro leagues where the differences are more stark Pub is kinda indistinguishable as tactics to win games differ from tactics to win points. Just play metro for a demonstration.

Activision and EA also have their two series on two year development contracts Cod Modern Warfare and Black Ops on one side with Medal of Honour and BF on the other team. Their Dev cycles are shortened to the point that each iteration of their game is incrementally different from the other. They borrow from each other heavily too. In terms of business meta they have adopted the same approach to add on content with map packs, season passes etc.

Black Light is a game I love.
Another meta comparison I could make would be between Dead Space 3 with a few other mechanically dissimilar games by virtue of EA's implementation of microtransactions.
Money can't buy happiness; but we'll sell it to you anyway.
Mod
 
Posts: 3174
+1s received: 161
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:26
Country: New Zealand (nz)

Re: Video Games

Unread postby reymusthearu » 2 March 2013, 20:53

If anyone wants to play Black Ops II with my on PS3 my psn is poutinesteam

Ground war is my thing. I'll be on all afternoon.

I've never tried out Battlefield, but I hear it's pretty good.
Image
User avatar
reymusthearu
 
Posts: 39
Joined: 28 February 2013, 17:50
Country: Mexico (mx)

Re: Video Games

Unread postby Onur » 2 March 2013, 20:58

I'm waiting for SimCity 5. It will be released on Wednesday, but I'm afraid my 4-year-old computer won't be able to run it. Does anyone else play SimCity?
User avatar
Onur
 
Posts: 211
+1s received: 2
Joined: 3 February 2013, 17:12
Location: Istanbul
Country: Turkey (tr)

Re: Video Games

Unread postby BadWater » 2 March 2013, 21:05

Onur wrote:I'm waiting for SimCity 5. It will be released on Wednesday, but I'm afraid my 4-year-old computer won't be able to run it. Does anyone else play SimCity?

I'm in the same boat as you are. I can't run Skyrim on my PC so I doubt I will be able to run SimCity. I don't think anyone plays SimCity as you have to be invited to be in the Beta.
User avatar
BadWater
 
Posts: 255
+1s received: 3
Joined: 21 December 2012, 01:42
Country: United States (us)

Re: Video Games

Unread postby Onur » 2 March 2013, 21:11

BadWater wrote:
Onur wrote:I'm waiting for SimCity 5. It will be released on Wednesday, but I'm afraid my 4-year-old computer won't be able to run it. Does anyone else play SimCity?

I'm in the same boat as you are. I can't run Skyrim on my PC so I doubt I will be able to run SimCity. I don't think anyone plays SimCity as you have to be invited to be in the Beta.


I tried to download Beta (much later than the registration dates) just to see if I'll be able to run in on my PC. So I think they may also launch a trial version after the release date.
User avatar
Onur
 
Posts: 211
+1s received: 2
Joined: 3 February 2013, 17:12
Location: Istanbul
Country: Turkey (tr)

Re: Video Games

Unread postby BadWater » 2 March 2013, 21:41

Onur wrote:
BadWater wrote:
Onur wrote:I'm waiting for SimCity 5. It will be released on Wednesday, but I'm afraid my 4-year-old computer won't be able to run it. Does anyone else play SimCity?

I'm in the same boat as you are. I can't run Skyrim on my PC so I doubt I will be able to run SimCity. I don't think anyone plays SimCity as you have to be invited to be in the Beta.


I tried to download Beta (much later than the registration dates) just to see if I'll be able to run in on my PC. So I think they may also launch a trial version after the release date.

That would be helpful. But again I do not have much faith in my computer lol. Are you getting the Deluxe or the Limited Edition? To be frank, $80 (or whatever currency) for the deluxe is bullshit!
User avatar
BadWater
 
Posts: 255
+1s received: 3
Joined: 21 December 2012, 01:42
Country: United States (us)

What game should I buy?

Unread postby Adam88 » 3 March 2013, 00:51

So, I have a PS3 and I want some good game references, but only if you can get online and yell at people via bluetooth. I like shooters and action games. I already have BF3.
User avatar
Adam88
 
Posts: 1596
+1s received: 3
Joined: 14 January 2013, 09:51
Country: United States (us)

Re: What game should I buy?

Unread postby reymusthearu » 3 March 2013, 01:03

Call of Duty, any of them, but specifically Black Ops II. You can chat with other players online. Engage in fighting homophobes and whipping their straight ass at games they think they are the bomb at. Plus there are hilarious other people on there who are dumb as shit. Watch this youtube clip for a sample. But it isn't black ops II, it's an earlier version of COD.

Image
User avatar
reymusthearu
 
Posts: 39
Joined: 28 February 2013, 17:50
Country: Mexico (mx)

Re: What game should I buy?

Unread postby Adam88 » 3 March 2013, 01:18

reymusthearu wrote:Call of Duty, any of them, but specifically Black Ops II. You can chat with other players online. Engage in fighting homophobes and whipping their straight ass at games they think they are the bomb at. Plus there are hilarious other people on there who are dumb as shit. Watch this youtube clip for a sample. But it isn't black ops II, it's an earlier version of COD.




Omg, that's sooooo creepy!

Can you make gamer logos like in the first black ops?
User avatar
Adam88
 
Posts: 1596
+1s received: 3
Joined: 14 January 2013, 09:51
Country: United States (us)

Re: What game should I buy?

Unread postby reymusthearu » 3 March 2013, 01:30

YES! you can make your own emblem. Mine is a dolphin shooting white liquid out of it's blow hole and rainbow letters that say ENJOY over top of it.

add my psn: poutinesteam
Image
User avatar
reymusthearu
 
Posts: 39
Joined: 28 February 2013, 17:50
Country: Mexico (mx)

Re: Video Games

Unread postby hnngh » 3 March 2013, 07:13

For instance looking at persistent meta game the current COD style is based upon a version introduced in Battlefield 2 and further refined in BF2142. The way that the meta is set up the outcomes of each game matter very little to the individual player as experience grinding for unlocks has become the dominant mode of play. Aside from pro leagues where the differences are more stark Pub is kinda indistinguishable as tactics to win games differ from tactics to win points. Just play metro for a demonstration.


well I think that has less to do with the gameplay concept and more to do with shitty management skills, like.. the game ITSELF and not the publisher's unending quest to ruin said game. :awesome:
Too many lights out
Nowhere near here

kamil80 wrote:Me looking for fuck friends.
User avatar
hnngh
 
Posts: 1085
+1s received: 5
Joined: 20 December 2012, 22:11
Location: New York

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: casino-Skape, CommonCrawl [Bot], CreditTok, HenryRix, Kathrynhag, Seznam [Bot], Stasenhnh and 45 guests