What games are you playing?

Discuss movies, television, music, games, books, media, and culture (including pop culture) generally.

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby rogonandi » 5 March 2020, 07:32

PopTart wrote:I found myself spending 30mins on big fights in Original Sin 2 :wide-eyed:

Point well taken, and thirty minutes in a single combat? Is it because the attacks take a self indulgently long time to execute? Even then there’s no excuse for that. :squint:
People love to follow fools; they don't feel so alone then.

Image
User avatar
rogonandi
 
Posts: 1524
+1s received: 1009
Joined: 12 May 2016, 10:02
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada (ca)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby PopTart » 5 March 2020, 16:30

rogonandi wrote:
PopTart wrote:I found myself spending 30mins on big fights in Original Sin 2 :wide-eyed:

Point well taken, and thirty minutes in a single combat? Is it because the attacks take a self indulgently long time to execute? Even then there’s no excuse for that. :squint:

I'd sometimes try a fight that was too much for my level, but I'd fight anyway, carefully positioning, optimising attacks, reviving characters and chipping away at a mini bosses hitpoints.

I'm also all or nothing, in that, when turn based combat is a thing, I become obsessed about my skill and abilities usage.

With RTwP, I'm forced to just go with the flow, there is only so much micro management I can get bogged down in.

Turn based becomes work, Real time with pause, is just fun.
ImageImage
User avatar
PopTart
 
Posts: 2687
+1s received: 2236
Joined: 12 December 2017, 11:15
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby Severelius » 10 March 2020, 17:50

Currently trying to complete:

1. Kingdom Hearts 1

Always wanted to get into this series through my love of Disney and so far I'm digging it. It feels a bit wonky but it is originally a PS2 game so I'm just taking that kind of stuff in stride. Also I'm terrible at it but that's also to be fully expected. And the gummi ship sections can absolutely go fuck themselves.

2. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

I set out ages ago to try and play through the entire Assassin's Creed series because it's my favourite video game series of all time but after Rogue I'd never finished any of them even though I played the hell out of them. And now they've remastered all but the first one onto PS4 I figured why not. But I binged 1 and 2 then got burnt out during Brotherhood so I'm making an active effort to go back to it now.

3. Dark Souls

The bane of my gaming existence. A game I have started so, so many times and barely got anywhere. My latest time has me going incredibly well by my standards but one boss and the run from bonfire to him disheartened me and made me give up but I'm trying to finish this shit because this game must bow before me to make up for the years of frustration it has caused me.

4. Final Fantasy 1

Fucked if I know I found my PS Vita and just started playing it again.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 3073
+1s received: 356
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: Virgin Islands (British) (vg)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby Tobias » 10 March 2020, 17:58

It’s not out yet but I’m really excited about the new animal crossing coming out soon.
User avatar
Tobias
 
Posts: 96
+1s received: 82
Joined: 12 December 2017, 20:28
Location: PA
Country: United States (us)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby Brenden » 10 March 2020, 18:36

Tobias wrote:It’s not out yet but I’m really excited about the new animal crossing coming out soon.

:werd:
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 7504
+1s received: 2387
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby Derek » 10 March 2020, 18:45

I haven't had the AC itch ever since I discovered Stardew Valley. Also I don't like to buy consoles.
User avatar
Derek
 
Posts: 5916
+1s received: 2005
Joined: 21 December 2012, 02:12
Country: United States (us)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby Severelius » 10 March 2020, 18:55

Derek wrote:I haven't had the AC itch ever since I discovered Stardew Valley. Also I don't like to buy consoles.

I could never stick with Stardew Valley. I still try it anew every once in a while but never seem to last long before I give up again.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 3073
+1s received: 356
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: Virgin Islands (British) (vg)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby Subra » 11 March 2020, 01:00

I'm grinding out Monster Hunter World for decorations, tried out the Heavy Bowgun and it is stupidly fun. You can turn yourself into a wall, tank literally any 1HKO moves thrown at you with barely a scratch, and then shotgun the monster's face until it breaks.

I can't wait for animal crossing either, I still regularly play in my new leaf town I've had for seven years.
User avatar
Subra
 
Posts: 415
+1s received: 328
Joined: 11 August 2017, 09:12

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby Tobias » 11 March 2020, 19:48

Subra wrote:I'm grinding out Monster Hunter World for decorations, tried out the Heavy Bowgun and it is stupidly fun. You can turn yourself into a wall, tank literally any 1HKO moves thrown at you with barely a scratch, and then shotgun the monster's face until it breaks.

I can't wait for animal crossing either, I still regularly play in my new leaf town I've had for seven years.

I love monster hunter world. It’s a fun game. :) I still new leaf also sometimes.
User avatar
Tobias
 
Posts: 96
+1s received: 82
Joined: 12 December 2017, 20:28
Location: PA
Country: United States (us)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby Subra » 12 March 2020, 01:15

Tobias wrote:
Subra wrote:I'm grinding out Monster Hunter World for decorations, tried out the Heavy Bowgun and it is stupidly fun. You can turn yourself into a wall, tank literally any 1HKO moves thrown at you with barely a scratch, and then shotgun the monster's face until it breaks.

I can't wait for animal crossing either, I still regularly play in my new leaf town I've had for seven years.

I love monster hunter world. It’s a fun game. :) I still new leaf also sometimes.

I meticulously designed my publics works projects over many months to cordon my villagers into one part of my village, allowing me to design unhindered paths. After having to jump through those hoops for my ideal layout, New Horizons is going to feel like unlimited power.
User avatar
Subra
 
Posts: 415
+1s received: 328
Joined: 11 August 2017, 09:12

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby rogonandi » 12 March 2020, 09:25

On my days off I play tested the game for about ten hours, with error fixing for another ten. Some errors were hilarious, with wrong graphics displaying. Others were tedious to deal with. One was serious and ended up crashing the game whenever it happened. I fixed the issue but it required some thought.
People love to follow fools; they don't feel so alone then.

Image
User avatar
rogonandi
 
Posts: 1524
+1s received: 1009
Joined: 12 May 2016, 10:02
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada (ca)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby Brenden » 12 March 2020, 09:33

The game of life.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 7504
+1s received: 2387
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby OhHeyItsZach » 12 March 2020, 09:38

Dark Souls which I'm really enjoying.
Last edited by OhHeyItsZach on 13 March 2020, 02:21, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
OhHeyItsZach
 
Posts: 112
+1s received: 42
Joined: 16 February 2020, 00:33

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby Severelius » 12 March 2020, 19:59

OhHeyItsZach wrote:. Dark Souls which I'm really enjoying.

How far into it are you?
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 3073
+1s received: 356
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: Virgin Islands (British) (vg)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby OhHeyItsZach » 13 March 2020, 02:22

Severelius wrote:
OhHeyItsZach wrote:. Dark Souls which I'm really enjoying.

How far into it are you?


Not too far into it as I just recently started playing it.
User avatar
OhHeyItsZach
 
Posts: 112
+1s received: 42
Joined: 16 February 2020, 00:33

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby René » 13 March 2020, 06:35

Brenden wrote:The game of life.

How far into it are you?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 5455
+1s received: 1569
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby Brenden » 13 March 2020, 08:07

René wrote:
Brenden wrote:The game of life.

How far into it are you?

I don’t know, the length is highly variable. But I have a feeling this game has a lot of replayability potential!
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 7504
+1s received: 2387
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby PopTart » 15 March 2020, 08:50

Brenden wrote:
René wrote:
Brenden wrote:The game of life.

How far into it are you?

I don’t know, the length is highly variable. But I have a feeling this game has a lot of replayability potential!

I hear it lacks a save feature :cry:

Bit it has some amazing choice driven mechanics with really meaningful outcomes.

Great soundtrack too, has like, literally, all my favourite tracks. :thumbsupwink:
ImageImage
User avatar
PopTart
 
Posts: 2687
+1s received: 2236
Joined: 12 December 2017, 11:15
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby Derek » 15 March 2020, 22:34

I'm so bored. Someone tell me what to play. I am this close to having a breakdown and re-subbing to WoW for the first time in years.
User avatar
Derek
 
Posts: 5916
+1s received: 2005
Joined: 21 December 2012, 02:12
Country: United States (us)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby PopTart » 15 March 2020, 22:39

Why not Civ? You like that, right?
ImageImage
User avatar
PopTart
 
Posts: 2687
+1s received: 2236
Joined: 12 December 2017, 11:15
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 20 guests