What games are you playing?

Discuss movies, television, music, games, books, media, and culture (including pop culture) generally.

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby Brenden » 24 January 2022, 19:58

Been getting back into Animal Crossing New Horizons, and very recently started playing Civ6 again! :D
Disclaimer: All views expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the views of this forum except when otherwise stated or this signature is not present.

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 9184
+1s received: 3556
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United States (us)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby Severelius » 25 January 2022, 01:44

My strategy game cycle continues as per usual as I play less Civ 6 and more Humankind, thus ensuring by constant leapfrogging between them that I never put in enough time to get anywhere near good at either.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 5012
+1s received: 1355
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby BraxtonBoiToi » 25 January 2022, 02:15

Been playing Diablo 3 and Far Cry 6 lately. Been trying to get back into AC Valhalla, but I've gotten so burned out on that game. I'm excited for this Friday, too. That's when the PS 5 version of Uncharted 4 comes out. Can't wait to hit that game up again in 60 FPS.
User avatar
BraxtonBoiToi
 
Posts: 99
+1s received: 37
Joined: 14 December 2021, 22:30
Country: United States (us)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby rogonandi » 25 January 2022, 09:56

Due to having less hours than usual at work I have been working on the game a lot lately. I have redone much of the town and castle tile sets because I grew to hate the cabinet 3d style I was using. On the plus side I am almost back to where I was before I decided to go and delete a third of my work. :P
Image
User avatar
rogonandi
 
Posts: 2427
+1s received: 1584
Joined: 12 May 2016, 10:02
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada (ca)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby asianduck888 » 25 January 2022, 16:28

No one playing Pokemon Unite?
I recently playing with 2 account and trying to make a high rank, one account is One step in to Master and other one is still in Veteran. but the match mix is always ridiculous so it keep me forward and back.

User avatar
asianduck888
 
Posts: 200
+1s received: 36
Joined: 7 July 2017, 14:05
Location: Indonesia
Country: Japan (jp)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby Magic J » 29 January 2022, 12:34

Been playing Crusader Kings 3 a lot. On a Norse playthrough at the moment, playing the Gute family of Gotland. I've carefully selected only the largest women to take as wives, and have successfully bred a family of herculean giants. Inbreeding has caused them to succumb to a hereditary lunacy, but man, they're great at hitting things. Which is good in a Viking campaign, since the style is to always be warrin'.

Also, I'm pretty sure the current Pope has the "fornicator" trait. The historical accuracy is amazing.

Also also, this guy reformed the Astratu faith to include "sacred cannibalism" and ate the Holy Father. Honestly, this game has everything. 10/10.
Problematic Fave
User avatar
Magic J
 
Posts: 1819
+1s received: 1392
Joined: 20 December 2012, 23:06
Location: Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby PopTart » 29 January 2022, 12:50

Magic J wrote:Been playing Crusader Kings 3 a lot. On a Norse playthrough at the moment, playing the Gute family of Gotland. I've carefully selected only the largest women to take as wives, and have successfully bred a family of herculean giants. Inbreeding has caused them to succumb to a hereditary lunacy, but man, they're great at hitting things. Which is good in a Viking campaign, since the style is to always be warrin'.

Also, I'm pretty sure the current Pope has the "fornicator" trait. The historical accuracy is amazing.

Also also, this guy reformed the Astratu faith to include "sacred cannibalism" and ate the Holy Father. Honestly, this game has everything. 10/10.

It's kinda awesome isn't it? :D

I played a literal crusader king, who won a crusade. He founded the kingdom of jerusalem. Married a Byzantine had a litter of very eligble children. I managed to get an heir who was both a genius and beautiful, only to have him murdered by his psychopath serial killer sister, who killed me, her father and inherited the throne. Everyone hated her and my nascent kingdom was torn apart by rebels and a very pissed off and opportunistic caliph :pfft:

Fun times. :thumbsup:
ImageImage
User avatar
PopTart
 
Posts: 4078
+1s received: 3045
Joined: 12 December 2017, 11:15
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby PopTart » 29 January 2022, 12:58

Magic J wrote:Been playing Crusader Kings 3 a lot. On a Norse playthrough at the moment, playing the Gute family of Gotland. I've carefully selected only the largest women to take as wives, and have successfully bred a family of herculean giants. Inbreeding has caused them to succumb to a hereditary lunacy, but man, they're great at hitting things. Which is good in a Viking campaign, since the style is to always be warrin'.

Also, I'm pretty sure the current Pope has the "fornicator" trait. The historical accuracy is amazing.

Also also, this guy reformed the Astratu faith to include "sacred cannibalism" and ate the Holy Father. Honestly, this game has everything. 10/10.

Also, I can't wait for the next expansion. They are introducing tons of new features around culture blending. I want to create an alternate history Anglo-Norse culture in Britain and take them on a world tour (Viking) for fun and profit.
ImageImage
User avatar
PopTart
 
Posts: 4078
+1s received: 3045
Joined: 12 December 2017, 11:15
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby Magic J » 29 January 2022, 13:40

PopTart wrote:I played a literal crusader king, who won a crusade.

I've won a crusade as the ruler of Genoa. King of small island unexpectedly found himself in possession of Jerusalem, Lebanon, and the entirety of Syria. I passed that problem over to my unlucky brother, who became King of Jerusalem and was almost immediately Jihaded to death by the the entirety of the Muslim world. Jerusalem just ain't worth it. :lol:

PopTart wrote:Also, I can't wait for the next expansion. They are introducing tons of new features around culture blending. I want to create an alternate history Anglo-Norse culture in Britain and take them on a world tour (Viking) for fun and profit.

Expect to get crusaded hard. :P The culture mechanics sound cool for playing large empires. Norse takeover of Byzantium would be sweet. I've stuck to playing smaller kingdoms so far, but will probably give a Islamic Spain/conquer Francia run a go with the new features. Also keen to get the minor titles. Need Cup Bearer after the poisoning incident.
Problematic Fave
User avatar
Magic J
 
Posts: 1819
+1s received: 1392
Joined: 20 December 2012, 23:06
Location: Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby PopTart » 29 January 2022, 14:02

Magic J wrote:
PopTart wrote:I played a literal crusader king, who won a crusade.

I've won a crusade as the ruler of Genoa. King of small island unexpectedly found himself in possession of Jerusalem, Lebanon, and the entirety of Syria. I passed that problem over to my unlucky brother, who became King of Jerusalem and was almost immediately Jihaded to death by the the entirety of the Muslim world. Jerusalem just ain't worth it. :lol:

PopTart wrote:Also, I can't wait for the next expansion. They are introducing tons of new features around culture blending. I want to create an alternate history Anglo-Norse culture in Britain and take them on a world tour (Viking) for fun and profit.

Expect to get crusaded hard. :P The culture mechanics sound cool for playing large empires. Norse takeover of Byzantium would be sweet. I've stuck to playing smaller kingdoms so far, but will probably give a Islamic Spain/conquer Francia run a go with the new features. Also keen to get the minor titles. Need Cup Bearer after the poisoning incident.

That's one mechanic I hate about the crusade system, you can't make yourself the beneficiary. I had to quite playing my original character and his family, to play as the now, King of Jerusalem. But a minor gripe in an otherwise fun game. It's also why playing as the head of a reformed norse faith makes more sense. Fylkir declares holy war, Fylkir gets the spoils.

I think the fun comes less out of Kingdom building and more out of the crazy things that happen between characters.

Nation building is more Victoria (of which the 3rd title, I never thought would get made) is due out soon! That looks like fun too!

In other news, I'm waiting on 2 other strategy games coming this spring.

Distant worlds 2, which is a space 4x game. The original was incredible with tons of well done and optional automation.

The other is a game called Terra Invicta, which asks the question, what would we do, if we found out an alien invasion fleet was on its way? You get to play a faction that has chosen to deal with the incoming aliens in one of several ways. You have to try to influence world powers, in order to build the infrastructure to achieve your objectives and overcome the other factions and later, the aliens. Unless you play one of the factions that seek to make nice.


Infact, this year promises to be pretty good one the gaming front.

So I guess I'm gonna be seeing as little of my friends and family this year, as I did last year. Minus the lockdowns. :lol:
ImageImage
User avatar
PopTart
 
Posts: 4078
+1s received: 3045
Joined: 12 December 2017, 11:15
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby Magic J » 30 January 2022, 12:36

PopTart wrote:That's one mechanic I hate about the crusade system, you can't make yourself the beneficiary. I had to quite playing my original character and his family, to play as the now, King of Jerusalem. But a minor gripe in an otherwise fun game. It's also why playing as the head of a reformed norse faith makes more sense. Fylkir declares holy war, Fylkir gets the spoils.

Yeah, I was well confused by the beneficiary system. I suppose the only way a Catholic monarch can keep Holy Land possessions upon a crusade win is to have an Emperor title, so you outrank the "King of Jerusalem" title and your beneficiary will remain a vassal. Or maybe you could award it to a childless old person and you'd inherit upon their death? I dunno. Not sure how good the Jihad mechanics are, I'll give them a try next playthrough.

Norse Holy War's are just horrendously op. Norse armies in general, actually. Berserkers are dynasty killers. :lol:
Problematic Fave
User avatar
Magic J
 
Posts: 1819
+1s received: 1392
Joined: 20 December 2012, 23:06
Location: Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby PopTart » 30 January 2022, 14:14

Magic J wrote:
PopTart wrote:That's one mechanic I hate about the crusade system, you can't make yourself the beneficiary. I had to quite playing my original character and his family, to play as the now, King of Jerusalem. But a minor gripe in an otherwise fun game. It's also why playing as the head of a reformed norse faith makes more sense. Fylkir declares holy war, Fylkir gets the spoils.

Yeah, I was well confused by the beneficiary system. I suppose the only way a Catholic monarch can keep Holy Land possessions upon a crusade win is to have an Emperor title, so you outrank the "King of Jerusalem" title and your beneficiary will remain a vassal. Or maybe you could award it to a childless old person and you'd inherit upon their death? I dunno. Not sure how good the Jihad mechanics are, I'll give them a try next playthrough.

Norse Holy War's are just horrendously op. Norse armies in general, actually. Berserkers are dynasty killers. :lol:

Don't quote me, as I haven't played Muslim characters in 3, but I have feeling they operate much like Norse and pagan Great Holy wars, only all same faith characters can join the offensive war. I don't think they have the same title distribution system. But I could be wrong. Islam doesn't look very fleshed out or distinct yet.

You noticed the Norse OPage going on? I swear it's Paradox, almost every game Scandinavia and in particular, Sweden punches well above it's weight! :lol: I find it really easy to conquer random provinces across the map with Norse CB's, to use as beacheads for future expansion. I'll start in Skane and have a duchy in France, several counties in the British Isles, bits of Spain and the Iberian coast, counties in North Africa etc. Have tons of heirs with concubines and watch them all inherit far flung micro nations and decide which ones to subjugate all over again. It's kinda crazy :D
ImageImage
User avatar
PopTart
 
Posts: 4078
+1s received: 3045
Joined: 12 December 2017, 11:15
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby poolerboy0077 » 31 January 2022, 14:50

Star Wars: Fallen Order

I always love these kinds of third-person games. This one reminds me a bit of Force Unleashed.
Blow: "Nowadays even Liam can release an album of his screechy vocals and it'll probably go #1..."
Ramzus: I can admit that I'm horny just about 24/7
homomorphism: I used to not think your name was deshay and that Erick was just being racist
Hunter: sometimes I think I was literally born to be a pornstar
User avatar
poolerboy0077
 
Posts: 9993
+1s received: 2785
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:20
Country: United States (us)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby Derek » 31 January 2022, 19:23

poolerboy0077 wrote:Star Wars: Fallen Order

I always love these kinds of third-person games. This one reminds me a bit of Force Unleashed.

Are you playing it with mods?
User avatar
Derek
 
Posts: 7153
+1s received: 2825
Joined: 21 December 2012, 02:12
Country: United States (us)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby poolerboy0077 » 1 February 2022, 02:40

Wait…is that real? :shifty:
Blow: "Nowadays even Liam can release an album of his screechy vocals and it'll probably go #1..."
Ramzus: I can admit that I'm horny just about 24/7
homomorphism: I used to not think your name was deshay and that Erick was just being racist
Hunter: sometimes I think I was literally born to be a pornstar
User avatar
poolerboy0077
 
Posts: 9993
+1s received: 2785
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:20
Country: United States (us)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby Derek » 1 February 2022, 03:20

poolerboy0077 wrote:Wait…is that real? :shifty:

Might be
User avatar
Derek
 
Posts: 7153
+1s received: 2825
Joined: 21 December 2012, 02:12
Country: United States (us)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby PopTart » 1 February 2022, 18:40

poolerboy0077 wrote:Wait…is that real? :shifty:

:lol:



I'm betting that, if he wasn't before, he is now :P
ImageImage
User avatar
PopTart
 
Posts: 4078
+1s received: 3045
Joined: 12 December 2017, 11:15
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby Lurker101 » 12 February 2022, 01:54

Been playing Metroid Other M...I heard the game was awful but aside from a few control issues it isn't that bad

I believe if you like a franchise then a bad version of it is better than no version of it although I know I am in the minority with that opinion
Lurker101
 
Posts: 39
+1s received: 7
Joined: 19 December 2021, 01:03
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby BraxtonBoiToi » 19 February 2022, 03:38

Horizon: Forbidden West, Dying Light 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, Cyberpunk 20777... No sleep for Braxton this weekend...
User avatar
BraxtonBoiToi
 
Posts: 99
+1s received: 37
Joined: 14 December 2021, 22:30
Country: United States (us)

Re: What games are you playing?

Unread postby weedan » 27 February 2022, 00:27

Currently No mans sky, Forza horizon 5, F1 2020.
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
—Jack Handey
User avatar
weedan
 
Posts: 81
+1s received: 27
Joined: 27 July 2020, 00:24

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], TerrySof and 52 guests