Help me! I'm head of heels for the wrong guy

Ask questions and discuss your relationships with partners or parents, family or friends.

Re: Help me! I'm head of heels for the wrong guy

Unread postby Jryski » 6 May 2019, 14:17

Good luck! Always reach out when you need help and support! *hugs*
User avatar
Jryski
 
Posts: 486
+1s received: 253
Joined: 6 May 2019, 10:00

Re: Help me! I'm head of heels for the wrong guy

Unread postby Mikeyk954 » 6 May 2019, 15:10

Thank you
Mikeyk954
 
Posts: 13
+1s received: 7
Joined: 5 May 2019, 20:04
Location: Wilton Manors, Florida
Country: United States (us)

Re: Help me! I'm head of heels for the wrong guy

Unread postby Eryx » 6 May 2019, 20:05

I'm always shocked by how common meth addiction is in other places. The low-level drug here in Brazil is crack, and it's so damaging that most people simply don't touch it. It seems to me like meth is a little more subtle in getting people hooked, which is unfortunate. You're making the right decision in stepping away, Mikey. Good luck in your future relationships.
Image

Image Image

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
— Harlan Ellison
User avatar
Eryx
 
Posts: 2061
+1s received: 1017
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:48
Location: Belo Horizonte, MG
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: Help me! I'm head of heels for the wrong guy

Unread postby erti » 6 May 2019, 20:10

I've dealt with drug/alcohol addicts all my life with certain family members. Sometimes it's a lost cause. There's a point where you need to practice tough love otherwise you're just enabling their addiction.
User avatar
erti
 
Posts: 578
+1s received: 443
Joined: 30 November 2018, 09:58
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States (us)

Re: Help me! I'm head of heels for the wrong guy

Unread postby Koftruecross » 7 May 2019, 16:02

I know the feeling. Corey is a schizophrenic that absolutely refuses any sort of treatment. Our relationship swings wildly from Heaven to Hell and back. I just cant seem to break his spell.
But I think any relationship progresses to the point of realization of..... THIS IS AS GOOD AS ITS EVER GOING TO GET.. Its never going to get better...Once you've reached that point it's time to make the same decision as in the song by the British band called THE CLASH....SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO.
Koftruecross
 
Posts: 313
+1s received: 80
Joined: 11 January 2019, 17:07
Country: United States (us)

Re: Help me! I'm head of heels for the wrong guy

Unread postby Jryski » 7 May 2019, 23:01

Koftruecross wrote:I know the feeling. Corey is a schizophrenic that absolutely refuses any sort of treatment. Our relationship swings wildly from Heaven to Hell and back. I just cant seem to break his spell.
But I think any relationship progresses to the point of realization of..... THIS IS AS GOOD AS ITS EVER GOING TO GET.. Its never going to get better...Once you've reached that point it's time to make the same decision as in the song by the British band called THE CLASH....SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO.


:/ I assume you know how dangerous and life threatening that could get?
User avatar
Jryski
 
Posts: 486
+1s received: 253
Joined: 6 May 2019, 10:00

Re: Help me! I'm head of heels for the wrong guy

Unread postby Koftruecross » 8 May 2019, 00:18

After 14 years the fear and common sense have worn off just as a lot of the velvet has worn off of him since he was 18. But I still love him any how.
Koftruecross
 
Posts: 313
+1s received: 80
Joined: 11 January 2019, 17:07
Country: United States (us)

Re: Help me! I'm head of heels for the wrong guy

Unread postby Jryski » 8 May 2019, 00:33

Koftruecross wrote:After 14 years the fear and common sense have worn off just as a lot of the velvet has worn off of him since he was 18. But I still love him any how.

If you really love him get him to receive treatment. He could end up seriously hurting himself and someone else or even worse. Schizophrenia is not something that you can love or sex away.
User avatar
Jryski
 
Posts: 486
+1s received: 253
Joined: 6 May 2019, 10:00

Re: Help me! I'm head of heels for the wrong guy

Unread postby erti » 8 May 2019, 00:40

Jyrski, you just can't make someone with schizophrenia receive treatment especially if they don't realize they are ill. This is coming from experience. When i'm symptomatic i don't believe i'm ill and everyone has to tell me when i should seek the hospital and make me promise i take my meds no matter how poisonous i may thank they are. It's tricky. But you're right schizophrenia isn't something you love or sex away.
User avatar
erti
 
Posts: 578
+1s received: 443
Joined: 30 November 2018, 09:58
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States (us)

Re: Help me! I'm head of heels for the wrong guy

Unread postby Koftruecross » 8 May 2019, 01:30

I tried to get Corey into treatment. We went into town to the mental health center. There was a Christian Fundamentalist on the sidewalk passing out pamphlets. Corey ran up to him and said, "I'm Jesus Christ!" The Christian began to quarrel with him and Corey said, "I am Jesus Christ and if you go inside with Christopher and me I can prove it!" The three of us went in and as soon as the woman behind the counter saw Corey she said, "JESUS CHRIST! ARE YOU BACK AGAIN???" Then Corey turned to the Christian and said, "See! I told you so!" The Christian was NOT amused.
The center didn't want to take Corey because of all the pranks he pulled when he was in before. The woman behind the counter was still angry with him because he put silly putty on the toliet seat and she sat on it. The mental health system in this county doesn't like to accept clients that give them trouble,
Koftruecross
 
Posts: 313
+1s received: 80
Joined: 11 January 2019, 17:07
Country: United States (us)

Re: Help me! I'm head of heels for the wrong guy

Unread postby erti » 8 May 2019, 01:35

That's total bullshit that your mental health system in your county doesn't like to accept clients that give them trouble because usually that's when they are "trouble" they are the ones that need help the most.
User avatar
erti
 
Posts: 578
+1s received: 443
Joined: 30 November 2018, 09:58
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States (us)

Re: Help me! I'm head of heels for the wrong guy

Unread postby Jryski » 8 May 2019, 01:58

erti wrote:That's total bullshit that your mental health system in your county doesn't like to accept clients that give them trouble because usually that's when they are "trouble" they are the ones that need help the most.

You can't make them receive treatment but if they're at the point where they steal a school bus and crashes it into a tree, then it's no longer their choice if they get help or not.

And Im pretty sure that's illegal to refuse people treatment because they're "trouble."
User avatar
Jryski
 
Posts: 486
+1s received: 253
Joined: 6 May 2019, 10:00

Re: Help me! I'm head of heels for the wrong guy

Unread postby erti » 8 May 2019, 02:03

Jryski wrote:
erti wrote:That's total bullshit that your mental health system in your county doesn't like to accept clients that give them trouble because usually that's when they are "trouble" they are the ones that need help the most.

You can't make them receive treatment but if they're at the point where they steal a school bus and crashes it into a tree, then it's no longer their choice if they get help or not.

And Im pretty sure that's illegal to refuse people treatment because they're "trouble."


No, then they're forced treatment because they're a danger to themselves and others. However, it does no good unless the person sees the fault in their beliefs and continues with treatment. Otherwise they get out, stop taking meds, and back to square one.
User avatar
erti
 
Posts: 578
+1s received: 443
Joined: 30 November 2018, 09:58
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States (us)

Re: Help me! I'm head of heels for the wrong guy

Unread postby Koftruecross » 8 May 2019, 02:10

He went to jail for smashing the church bus. It's a Christian Fundamentalists church where he was brought up. When he was a boy the preacher man grabbed him by the head of the hair and dunked his head in the baptismal bath of water. Preacher man let him up for air and said "REPENT!" and Corey Boy said, "FUCK YOU! " And the preacher man dunked his head again and again. . Corey smashed that bus for revenge. There's some wild ass churches here in these woods. This Appalachia. It ain't like other places. Life is hard here.
Koftruecross
 
Posts: 313
+1s received: 80
Joined: 11 January 2019, 17:07
Country: United States (us)

Re: Help me! I'm head of heels for the wrong guy

Unread postby Jryski » 8 May 2019, 02:11

erti wrote:
Jryski wrote:
erti wrote:That's total bullshit that your mental health system in your county doesn't like to accept clients that give them trouble because usually that's when they are "trouble" they are the ones that need help the most.

You can't make them receive treatment but if they're at the point where they steal a school bus and crashes it into a tree, then it's no longer their choice if they get help or not.

And Im pretty sure that's illegal to refuse people treatment because they're "trouble."


No, then they're forced treatment because they're a danger to themselves and others. However, it does no good unless the person sees the fault in their beliefs and continues with treatment. Otherwise they get out, stop taking meds, and back to square one.

True. Its so tricky with schizophrenia and you have to be so so careful.
User avatar
Jryski
 
Posts: 486
+1s received: 253
Joined: 6 May 2019, 10:00

Re: Help me! I'm head of heels for the wrong guy

Unread postby Jryski » 8 May 2019, 02:15

Koftruecross wrote:He went to jail for smashing the church bus. It's a Christian Fundamentalists church where he was brought up. When he was a boy the preacher man grabbed him by the head of the hair and dunked his head in the baptismal bath of water. Preacher man let him up for air and said "REPENT!" and Corey Boy said, "FUCK YOU! " And the preacher man dunked his head again and again. . Corey smashed that bus for revenge. There's some wild ass churches here in these woods. This Appalachia. It ain't like other places. Life is hard here.

You both need lots of hugs. *hugs*
User avatar
Jryski
 
Posts: 486
+1s received: 253
Joined: 6 May 2019, 10:00

Re: Help me! I'm head of heels for the wrong guy

Unread postby Koftruecross » 8 May 2019, 02:20

Corey has the face of an angel, But the preacher man said "Corey Boy!You are going straight to He'll!"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Koftruecross
 
Posts: 313
+1s received: 80
Joined: 11 January 2019, 17:07
Country: United States (us)

Re: Help me! I'm head of heels for the wrong guy

Unread postby Jryski » 8 May 2019, 02:30

Koftruecross wrote:Corey has the face of an angel, But the preacher man said "Corey Boy!You are going straight to He'll!"

I'm sure both of you arent gonna end up in this make believe hell. That preacher guy on the other hand......
User avatar
Jryski
 
Posts: 486
+1s received: 253
Joined: 6 May 2019, 10:00

Previous

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Marcus1995 and 18 guests