What do you look for when Dating a guy

Ask questions and discuss your relationships with partners or parents, family or friends.

What do you look for when Dating a guy

Unread postby Gayboy69Lover » 3 June 2019, 23:20

What do you look for when Dating a guy or looking for a long term partner?
Hair color
Height
6 pack
Circumcised or uncircumcised
Size
Do you care about the number of partners he has been with.
Condom or no Condom
What if he is hiv positive
Do u have sex the first night or would you want to know him a bit?
Gayboy69Lover
 
Posts: 24
+1s received: 1
Joined: 1 June 2019, 12:43

Re: What do you look for when Dating a guy

Unread postby Eryx » 4 June 2019, 03:20

I'm not too picky about most things. Virtually every guy here is uncut, but I wouldn't mind if the guy was cut either. It's different, I guess. Less skin to work on but there's lube so it's fine. 6-pack not required, but definitely nice. Don't mind about height either as long as the guy isn't too short.

I wish I could say I really don't care about past sexual experience (number of men/frequency), but the honest truth is that it does bother me to some extent. My boyfriend had been very promiscuous prior to our relationship for a lot of years and it did affect me at first, but I managed to work through it.

Condoms at first, then after all testing and trust have been worked on, I usually opt out. HIV doesn't keep me from dating someone, but the guy should be undetectable and taking his meds correctly.

Also don't really mind about sex at the first meeting or not. If it happens, that's nice, if it doesn't, all good too.
Image

Image Image

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
— Harlan Ellison
User avatar
Eryx
 
Posts: 1692
+1s received: 744
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:48
Location: Belo Horizonte, MG
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: What do you look for when Dating a guy

Unread postby Iamjava » 4 June 2019, 04:00

i was uncut for 25 years. no preference there. actualy, physicaly, i have no real requirements (outside of him not being stupid buff.)

personality has a lot to do with it. the wrong type is a turnoff, no matter how hot he is.)
i.. AM.. JAVA!! POST WHORE! (and intellectual, when my mind agrees..)
Iamjava
 
Posts: 409
+1s received: 94
Joined: 27 May 2019, 21:42
Location: florida
Country: United States (us)

Re: What do you look for when Dating a guy

Unread postby Gayboy69Lover » 4 June 2019, 04:37

Eryx wrote:I'm not too picky about most things. Virtually every guy here is uncut, but I wouldn't mind if the guy was cut either.


Same I'm uncut too. I was just thinking about if you were to go in without a condom and u had pee on that area will that not cause issues? I've heard that having a foreskin can cause aids if u go in unprotected and lots of people do mostly when drunk.

Eryx wrote:It's different, I guess. Less skin to work on but there's lube so it's fine. 6-pack not required, but definitely nice. Don't mind about height either as long as the guy isn't too short.


I dream about finding a guy with a sex pack one day. Guys with a 6 pack are good when it comes to sex.

I don't understand you said I don't mind about height then you said as long as the guy isn't short? That means you do?

Eryx wrote:I wish I could say I really don't care about past sexual experience (number of men/frequency), but the honest truth is that it does bother me to some extent. My boyfriend had been very promiscuous prior to our relationship for a lot of years and it did affect me at first, but I managed to work through it.


What if you also had other relationships would you tell them the amount of men you have been with honesty or would you lie about the number? Would you ask about their relationships on the first date?
What if they were seeing someone else while dating you would you be ok with it?

Eryx wrote:Condoms at first, then after all testing and trust have been worked on, I usually opt out. HIV doesn't keep me from dating someone, but the guy should be undetectable and taking his meds correctly.


if the guy lies and wants unprotected sex on the first night maybe the guy has never had a hiv test done before? A news story not so long ago A gay men infected other gay men on purpose not telling them he was hiv positive that would worry me.

Eryx wrote:Also don't really mind about sex at the first meeting or not. If it happens, that's nice, if it doesn't, all good too.

That's good to know would you invite him for tea or would you expect him to invite you!
Gayboy69Lover
 
Posts: 24
+1s received: 1
Joined: 1 June 2019, 12:43

Re: What do you look for when Dating a guy

Unread postby Gayboy69Lover » 4 June 2019, 04:44

Iamjava wrote:i was uncut for 25 years. no preference there. actualy, physicaly, i have no real requirements (outside of him not being stupid buff.)

personality has a lot to do with it. the wrong type is a turnoff, no matter how hot he is.)


To put it simple your not fussy.
Why did you get cut at 25? Must have been very painful. Was it for cosmetic reasons did you have a tight foreskin or problems in peeing?

Personality wise smart or funny? How about being able to cook or do the house work
Gayboy69Lover
 
Posts: 24
+1s received: 1
Joined: 1 June 2019, 12:43

Re: What do you look for when Dating a guy

Unread postby Eryx » 4 June 2019, 04:52

Gayboy69Lover wrote:Same I'm uncut too. I was just thinking about if you were to go in without a condom and u had pee on that area will that not cause issues? I've heard that having a foreskin can cause aids if u go in unprotected and lots of people do mostly when drunk.
Having a foreskin can't cause AIDS... AIDS causes AIDS. And I'd assume cut penises are more likely to get the disease from a bottom if there's less skin. It would make it easy to tear and allow for fluids to be exchanged. I don't really know though.

Gayboy69Lover wrote:I dream about finding a guy with a sex pack one day. Guys with a 6 pack are good when it comes to sex.
I don't think those two attributes are related... How exactly would a 6-pack affect someones sex prowess?

Gayboy69Lover wrote:I don't understand you said I don't mind about height then you said as long as the guy isn't short? That means you do?
Yeah, I mean, the guy can be shorter or taller than me and I don't mind. But if he's really short, like close to being a little person, I don't think I'd be attracted to him. But there are always exceptions.

Gayboy69Lover wrote:What if you also had other relationships would you tell them the amount of men you have been with honesty or would you lie about the number? Would you ask about their relationships on the first date?
What if they were seeing someone else while dating you would you be ok with it?
I would tell the truth, and yeah, I guess that's part of the small talk territory. In Brazil there's no "dating" like in some other places that you see someone repeatedly in an informal way and then make the relationship official. If you're seeing someone often but hasn't asked them to be your partner, you're simply single. So yeah, I guess I would let the guy hook up with other guys while things aren't official, but I'm not up for an open relationship.

Gayboy69Lover wrote:if the guy lies and wants unprotected sex on the first night maybe the guy has never had a hiv test done before? A news story not so long ago A gay men infected other gay men on purpose not telling them he was hiv positive that would worry me.
I said I opt out of condoms after being in a relationship for a while. Someone can be infected with HIV and not show positive results up to 90 days after getting it, so if I make the decision to drop the condoms, you can be sure I'm already serious with the guy and I make it a point to get tested together.

Gayboy69Lover wrote:That's good to know would you invite him for tea or would you expect him to invite you!
Both have happened, but I usually prefer being approached rather than doing the approaching!
Image

Image Image

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
— Harlan Ellison
User avatar
Eryx
 
Posts: 1692
+1s received: 744
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:48
Location: Belo Horizonte, MG
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: What do you look for when Dating a guy

Unread postby Iamjava » 4 June 2019, 07:41

it was too tight for many years, and i was shocked anal worked. i had it cut the same week i had my wisdom teeth removed and irma struck.

funny, smart, witty. jay embodies these. im great at housework and excellent with most kinds of construction and repair im terrible at keeping a job..so someone willing to help support me.

great questions. :)
i.. AM.. JAVA!! POST WHORE! (and intellectual, when my mind agrees..)
Iamjava
 
Posts: 409
+1s received: 94
Joined: 27 May 2019, 21:42
Location: florida
Country: United States (us)

Re: What do you look for when Dating a guy

Unread postby Yeauxleaux » 4 June 2019, 10:09

General preferences but not absolutist in most of these (except on condom-use and about HIV)

Hair color - dark brown or black
Height - on the shorter side
6 pack - Lovely, but not necessary (I don't have one, and I believe if you don't have [sexy feature] you can't feel entitled to [feature] on another guy)
Circumcised or uncircumcised - Slightly prefer uncut but not really bothered
Size - Average-size
Do you care about the number of partners he has been with. - Don't give a shit, as long as he has good safety practices, regular check-ups, and is clean.
Condom or no Condom - Condoms only until serious/monogamous
What if he is hiv positive - I'd be extremely discerning. If I got on PrEP and he'd treated it to where he's undetectable then I'd be open-minded.
Do u have sex the first night or would you want to know him a bit? - Depends on my mood and what I want with the guy. If I envision myself wanting a relationship with him, I don't put out. Men (gay or straight) like the chase and if you give it up easily, they'll see you as just a hook-up, not a potential life partner.
User avatar
Yeauxleaux
 
Posts: 1447
+1s received: 546
Joined: 27 November 2015, 21:06
Location: United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What do you look for when Dating a guy

Unread postby SteveIsNotMe » 4 June 2019, 12:08

What do you look for when Dating a guy or looking for a long term partner?
So the question here is about dating/LTR (definitely not a hookup or one night stand).

Hair color: no preference but I prefer natural hair colour.
Height : 5' 4" - 6'1"
6 pack : Not necessary.
Circumcised or uncircumcised: OK with both but the uncut better do not grow some homemade cheese :D
Size: D size? As long it's a D so no preference

Do you care about the number of partners he has been with.:
History is just his story in the past.

Condom or no Condom: Safety first.

What if he is hiv positive: Then we both need to talk about this.

Do u have sex the first night or would you want to know him a bit?
If it's not a hookup then, no sex during the first night lol :lol:

Gayboy69Lover wrote:Guys with a 6 pack are good when it comes to sex.

Wut? LOL Based on experience, I have a strong dissenting opinion on this. :lol: There's no correlation between possessing 6 pax and sex performance. Oh and..some 6 pack guys don't even know how to navigate the bed.
SteveIsNotMe
 
Posts: 27
+1s received: 10
Joined: 5 August 2013, 09:04

Re: What do you look for when Dating a guy

Unread postby Eryx » 4 June 2019, 12:54

Yeauxleaux wrote:Do u have sex the first night or would you want to know him a bit? - Depends on my mood and what I want with the guy. If I envision myself wanting a relationship with him, I don't put out. Men (gay or straight) like the chase and if you give it up easily, they'll see you as just a hook-up, not a potential life partner.
This can be sooo case-by-case though. Sometimes the mood is just there, especially when you hit it off right away. I tend to think Brazilians are way quicker about it than abroad as well.
Image

Image Image

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
— Harlan Ellison
User avatar
Eryx
 
Posts: 1692
+1s received: 744
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:48
Location: Belo Horizonte, MG
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: What do you look for when Dating a guy

Unread postby mxguy01 » 4 June 2019, 16:36

Eryx wrote:
Gayboy69Lover wrote:Having a foreskin can't cause AIDS... AIDS causes AIDS. And I'd assume cut penises are more likely to get the disease from a bottom if there's less skin. It would make it easy to tear and allow for fluids to be exchanged. I don't really know though.


https://www.webmd.com/hiv-aids/news/200 ... ids-magnet

You can find other articles that find statements of higher risk of HIV w/foreskin.

But then there's this which casts doubt in the case of gay men:

https://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby/ne ... -reasons#1
---
I love to travel but hate to arrive -- Albert Einstein
---
The only thing worse than an Did Not Finish (DNF) is an Did Not Start (DNS). ~~ Me
---
It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness. ~~ Chinese fortune cookie
User avatar
mxguy01
 
Posts: 3848
+1s received: 1878
Joined: 23 October 2017, 23:12
Location: NorCal
Country: United States (us)

Re: What do you look for when Dating a guy

Unread postby uncut7in » 4 June 2019, 20:39

If it's a one-off, it's all about looks and sexual attraction. If something more serious, then intelligence and personality are important. In all cases, I'm attracted to guys who are submissive.
uncut7in
 
Posts: 87
+1s received: 25
Joined: 6 November 2016, 19:16
Location: Cambridge
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What do you look for when Dating a guy

Unread postby uncut7in » 5 June 2019, 07:51

If we're talking specifics:

I love blond hair in a guy; he should be skinny/slim/lightly toned; have very little body hair (neat pubes OK); have a neat rounded little ass; he should be submissive but not excessively so.

Other things that work for me: a sexy foreign accent; intelligence; good kisser.
uncut7in
 
Posts: 87
+1s received: 25
Joined: 6 November 2016, 19:16
Location: Cambridge
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: What do you look for when Dating a guy

Unread postby Jryski » 5 June 2019, 07:53

Cute face, ok body, compatible personality and the rest dont matter.
User avatar
Jryski
 
Posts: 272
+1s received: 128
Joined: 6 May 2019, 10:00

Re: What do you look for when Dating a guy

Unread postby Gayboy69Lover » 5 June 2019, 18:54

Yeauxleaux wrote:General preferences but not absolutist in most of these (except on condom-use and about HIV)

Hair color - dark brown or black
Height - on the shorter side
6 pack - Lovely, but not necessary (I don't have one, and I believe if you don't have [sexy feature] you can't feel entitled to [feature] on another guy)
Circumcised or uncircumcised - Slightly prefer uncut but not really bothered
Size - Average-size
Do you care about the number of partners he has been with. - Don't give a shit, as long as he has good safety practices, regular check-ups, and is clean.
Condom or no Condom - Condoms only until serious/monogamous
What if he is hiv positive - I'd be extremely discerning. If I got on PrEP and he'd treated it to where he's undetectable then I'd be open-minded.
Do u have sex the first night or would you want to know him a bit? - Depends on my mood and what I want with the guy. If I envision myself wanting a relationship with him, I don't put out. Men (gay or straight) like the chase and if you give it up easily, they'll see you as just a hook-up, not a potential life partner.


Wow you really have thought about this
It's hard to argue with any of the points you've made.

Why do you prefer uncut?
How many men have you been with cut and uncut did any of them feel different about the sex? I've heard cut guys come quicker.

What would be your avarage? What if he was very good looking but he had a small one?
Would that put you off seeing him or would that not matter?

What if he has not had a check up recently before seeing you would you asking him to get checked or if you you loved him would you do it without a condom?

You would play hard to get because you don't want to be seen as an easy pick up?
Gayboy69Lover
 
Posts: 24
+1s received: 1
Joined: 1 June 2019, 12:43

Re: What do you look for when Dating a guy

Unread postby Gayboy69Lover » 5 June 2019, 19:07

SteveIsNotMe wrote:What do you look for when Dating a guy or looking for a long term partner?
So the question here is about dating/LTR (definitely not a hookup or one night stand).

Hair color: no preference but I prefer natural hair colour.
Height : 5' 4" - 6'1"
6 pack : Not necessary.
Circumcised or uncircumcised: OK with both but the uncut better do not grow some homemade cheese :D
Size: D size? As long it's a D so no preference

Do you care about the number of partners he has been with.:
History is just his story in the past.

Condom or no Condom: Safety first.

What if he is hiv positive: Then we both need to talk about this.

Do u have sex the first night or would you want to know him a bit?
If it's not a hookup then, no sex during the first night lol :lol:

Gayboy69Lover wrote:Guys with a 6 pack are good when it comes to sex.

Wut? LOL Based on experience, I have a strong dissenting opinion on this. :lol: There's no correlation between possessing 6 pax and sex performance. Oh and..some 6 pack guys don't even know how to navigate the bed.


No. One night stands can be dangerous.
Cut would look better and feel cleaner.
When you say talk what would you say about his hiv to him? Would u teach him safe sex he might feel uncomfortable talking about it.

Guys with a six pack tend to go in hard I would my man to left me up some times.
Have any of you done rimming with your boyfriend's. Do you go hard when your boyfriend rims you?
Do you swollow the man juice or do you spit it out?
Gayboy69Lover
 
Posts: 24
+1s received: 1
Joined: 1 June 2019, 12:43

Re: What do you look for when Dating a guy

Unread postby Gayboy69Lover » 5 June 2019, 19:11

uncut7in wrote:If we're talking specifics:

I love blond hair in a guy; he should be skinny/slim/lightly toned; have very little body hair (neat pubes OK); have a neat rounded little ass; he should be submissive but not excessively so.

Other things that work for me: a sexy foreign accent; intelligence; good kisser.


Why skinny?
Not someone who waxes
I would want a guy with a big ass.
Good kisser yes and a guy who can give me a good blow job
Gayboy69Lover
 
Posts: 24
+1s received: 1
Joined: 1 June 2019, 12:43

Re: What do you look for when Dating a guy

Unread postby Eryx » 5 June 2019, 21:24

Ooookaaayyy... Lots of wrong assumptions here. Let's take it slow and address them.

Gayboy69Lover wrote:Why do you prefer uncut?
How many men have you been with cut and uncut did any of them feel different about the sex? I've heard cut guys come quicker.
Almost the whole world doesn't practice circumcision, so the normal thing in humans is to have a foreskin, not to snip it. That said, most guys will prefer uncut simply because they're more used to it. It's easier to jerk the guy off (cut guys need lube and even then they might get hurt with the friction) and some guys like to play with the foreskin. It's as simple as that. You don't really have to agree with it, but do understand that circumcision is not normal.

Gayboy69Lover wrote:No. One night stands can be dangerous.
You asked what we look for when dating a guy, and he told you. You can't just tell him "no" because you aren't up to it. He does what he wants. Also condoms really go a long way about safety, I've had a LOT of casual sex and I'm still universally clean.

Gayboy69Lover wrote:Cut would look better and feel cleaner.
That's your opinion. Almost all gay men on planet Earth disagree. And there will always be studies and conclusions made about foreskin being a villain when it comes to hygiene and STD prevention, but honestly, if you're hooking up with a guy that doesn't clean his dick right and has smegma everywhere, him being cut won't really help with anything. Also, cut guys don't come quicker. If anything, they come after more time, as some nerves in the penis go away when you get circumcised.

Some studies argue that since it takes years until a male is fully formed and ready to have sex, how he feels when having sex and being circumcised isn't really different from what someone uncut feels, but we'll never really know. The best bet is to ask someone who has had sex in both conditions.

The time it takes to cum varies sooooooooooooo fucking much from guy to guy though, that circumcision isn't really relevant here either. It seems to me you're very inexperienced with sex, so that's probably where your assumption is coming from.

Gayboy69Lover wrote:When you say talk what would you say about his hiv to him? Would u teach him safe sex he might feel uncomfortable talking about it.
I won't say much about this. The fact that you think people with HIV don't know how to have safe sex is almost endearing lol
Image

Image Image

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
— Harlan Ellison
User avatar
Eryx
 
Posts: 1692
+1s received: 744
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:48
Location: Belo Horizonte, MG
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: What do you look for when Dating a guy

Unread postby Jryski » 5 June 2019, 23:11

You need to educate yourself on sex. Read about safe sex and sex in general. Also look up information on male anatomy while you're at it. Whatever you've heard or have been reading obviously isn't the right source of information. You're 35 not 12. It's time to know how your body works and how to keep it safe. You're doing yourself a major disservice by being so ill informed.
User avatar
Jryski
 
Posts: 272
+1s received: 128
Joined: 6 May 2019, 10:00

Re: What do you look for when Dating a guy

Unread postby Iamjava » 6 June 2019, 00:31

im a bit unfocused right now but i think i can add a little something.

im probably the only one here thats been uncut and cut. uncut gets off faster, and tho im used to the mucus lube i cant get used to fake lube. (it ends up taking longer.) i still have a lot of quickie days though.
i.. AM.. JAVA!! POST WHORE! (and intellectual, when my mind agrees..)
Iamjava
 
Posts: 409
+1s received: 94
Joined: 27 May 2019, 21:42
Location: florida
Country: United States (us)

Next

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Seznam [Bot], ThMnWthNVwls and 15 guests