Are you enjoying your country losing the "war on drugs" (as in weed)?

Discuss the news, current events, politics, celebrity gossip, etc.

Are you enjoying your country losing the "war on drugs" (as in weed)?

Unread postby Gay-paul » 23 November 2018, 11:43

Do you enjoying if you countries loss "war on drugs(as in weed)", alcohol, books, skateboarding? and so on :-)?

I would like to talk about the contrabandists (smuggler) issues.

After all, who does not like this man :D
http://screenprism.com/assets/img/artic ... n_solo.jpg
(Han Solo)

In Poland, marijuana is illegal, but in other countries the EU is different. In the US, several states are Alaska, California, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, Oregon, Vermont, Washington. A total of 10 US states, and even the District of Columbia, in which it houses the American capital. Washington, despite the fact that marijuana is still illegal at the federal level. I am not advocating here in one way or the other, it is just an example.

In Norway, skateboarding was once illegal (sic!), And more conveniently from 1977 to 1989 I personally do not go skateboarding, this is just an example. The Norwegian authorities referred to the amean statistics of the '70s, referring to serious accidents of skateboarding kids teens and adults who were practicing that sport, but that not stopped those Norsk skateboarders, the bought it from Chinese smugglers, straight from Chinese containerships Chinese merchant sailors get extra money, and Norwegian got total ZERO in tax revenue xD

Over time, skateboards manufactured in the United States and other Western countries, and even in Eastern Europe, began to be made of carbon fibers, other composites, and the Chinese still made them from cheap plastic (so the law that was supposed to protect vulnerable kids back fired xD )
https://sorlandetblogg.no/en/2016/05/02 ... rn-norway/

In my country during communism, some books were forbidden and those by Orwell, it was in particular, but some Poles despite them threatened to distribute them, even knew such one "smuggler" of an elderly gentleman, he said he got the money from the Catholic Church, and from American mafia, I asked him what kind of mafia, he said the largest and most ruthless in the world, Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) xD
He said that it has more mafia in the world than they do.

personally believe the free market according to the rules of Friedrich von Hayek, and Milton Fredman, if someone wants to buy a good, he or she will buy it anyway, no matter State Government like it or not, a free man gave a shit to governmental whims xD

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Rules_of_Acquisition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvFYBkesqGU
Last edited by Brenden on 23 November 2018, 12:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed titlegore
Gay-paul
 
Posts: 120
+1s received: 19
Joined: 3 November 2018, 13:26
Country: Poland (pl)

Re: Do you enjoying if you countries loss "war on drugs(as in weed)

Unread postby Satsuma » 23 November 2018, 11:53

Personally I don't think the outright legalisation of marijuana is good, but I certainly support its medical use :)
Formerly Zoop C=^-^=
User avatar
Satsuma
 
Posts: 393
+1s received: 480
Joined: 19 September 2018, 22:57
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Do you enjoying if you countries loss "war on drugs(as in weed)

Unread postby Gay-paul » 23 November 2018, 12:02

Zoop wrote:Personally I don't think the outright legalisation of marijuana is good, but I certainly support its medical use :)


But since alcohol and tobacco are already legal, which are also psychoactive substances, why not Marijuana, at least the governments of the countries that legalized it, have increased tax revenues from VAT tax :D
Gay-paul
 
Posts: 120
+1s received: 19
Joined: 3 November 2018, 13:26
Country: Poland (pl)

Re: Do you enjoying if you countries loss "war on drugs(as in weed)

Unread postby PopTart » 23 November 2018, 12:07

I'm going to be honest and say, i think the "war on drugs" is not only an epic failure but evidence of a complete error in direction, for how to tackle humanities relationship with recreational drug use.

I'm in favour of complete decriminalization of all drugs, with strict control over the production, distribution and most importantly, education about drugs.

I think people through out time have had a relationship with drugs. I Shan't cite specific examples, history speaks for itself.

The difference today is in how we regard and treat drugs, compared perhaps to times past, and their availability.

In a nutshell (I'm at work so limited time) we as a species and society, need to learn how to have a responsible relationship with drugs.



This kinda helps explain my position, until I can get home and explain in more detail ;)

Edited my phones creative interpretation of my typing!
Last edited by PopTart on 23 November 2018, 16:03, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
User avatar
PopTart
 
Posts: 2514
+1s received: 2107
Joined: 12 December 2017, 11:15
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Do you enjoying if you countries loss "war on drugs(as in weed)

Unread postby Satsuma » 23 November 2018, 12:09

Gay-paul wrote:But since alcohol and tobacco are already legal, which are also psychoactive substances, why not Marijuana, at least the governments of the countries that legalized it, have increased tax revenues from VAT tax :D


Well I'm a square in that I don't drink in the first place, so maybe I'm not the best person to talk about this! :D
Formerly Zoop C=^-^=
User avatar
Satsuma
 
Posts: 393
+1s received: 480
Joined: 19 September 2018, 22:57
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Do you enjoying if you countries loss "war on drugs(as in weed)

Unread postby PopTart » 23 November 2018, 12:16

Zoop wrote:
Gay-paul wrote:But since alcohol and tobacco are already legal, which are also psychoactive substances, why not Marijuana, at least the governments of the countries that legalized it, have increased tax revenues from VAT tax :D


Well I'm a square in that I don't drink in the first place, so maybe I'm not the best person to talk about this! :D

Your opinion is still valid splash! :hug:

The more points of view we have the more complete the picture!
ImageImage
User avatar
PopTart
 
Posts: 2514
+1s received: 2107
Joined: 12 December 2017, 11:15
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Do you enjoying if you countries loss "war on drugs(as in weed)

Unread postby Gay-paul » 23 November 2018, 12:25

PopTart wrote:I'm going to be honest and say, i think the "war on drugs" is not only a epic failure but evidence of a complete error in direction, for how to tackle humanities relationship with recreational drug use.

I'm in favour of compete decriminalization of all drugs, with strict control over the production, distribution and most importantly, education about drugs.

I think people through out time have had a relationship with drugs. I shallnt cute specific examples, history speaks for itself.

The difference today is in how we regard and treat drugs, compared perhaps to times past, and their availability.

In a nutshell (I'm at work so limited time) we as a species and society, need to learn how to have a responsible relationship with drugs.



This kinda helps explain my position, until I can get home and explain in more detail ;)


Thanks for this video? In Communist Poland there war on books, especially those one that was not inline with Party Line, i was born 1986 so i not know much, but i know a person who selling banned books illegally, worked for Solidarity movement, i asked whom where he got all the money he said from American Mafia, when i asked what kind of mafia he said Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) the biggest mafia ever :D
Gay-paul
 
Posts: 120
+1s received: 19
Joined: 3 November 2018, 13:26
Country: Poland (pl)

Re: Are you enjoying your country losing the "war on drugs" (as in wee

Unread postby Brenden » 23 November 2018, 12:28

The war on drugs has been disastrous for society, leading to countless lives being destroyed and the strengthening of criminal enterprises such as drug cartels in Latin America and gangs in the United States and elsewhere.

So yes, I am very happy about the ending of the war on drugs and the emergence of rational drug policies around the world.

Gay-paul wrote:In Poland, marijuana is illegal, but in other countries the EU is different.

There is no country in the EU where drugs are legal. In a small handful some drugs are decriminalised — use and or sale doesn’t carry criminal penalties — to varying degrees.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 6362
+1s received: 1334
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Do you enjoying if you countries loss "war on drugs(as in weed)

Unread postby Brenden » 23 November 2018, 12:57

PopTart wrote:I'm in favour of compete decriminalization of all drugs, with strict control over the production, distribution and most importantly, education about drugs.

You can only have those things with legalisation. To write into law is to legalise. Otherwise you're writing legal contradictions: this thing can be produced and distributed, but it's illegal, but the law says it can be done under certain circumstances, but it's illegal to do so.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 6362
+1s received: 1334
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Are you enjoying your country losing the "war on drugs" (as in wee

Unread postby Marmaduke » 23 November 2018, 14:40

I’m not aware of the United Kingdom being at war with books or skateboarding, etc. Though I must say, I’m all for the later in regards to men in their 30s.

With regards to drugs, I’ve always been very sceptical of control. I think as adults, very few people think heroin is a risk-free experience. If you still decide to try it, that’s on your head. I don’t think the state should be required to pay for your medical expenses when they’re caused by recreational use of any substance, be it drugs or alcohol or an abusively large meal at McDonalds. You did it to yourself, with that decision comes consequence. I also don’t think the state needs to be wasting money incarcerating you for it either. We might as well start incarcerating people for having bad diets.

I think the country is slowly drifting in the right direction with drug legislation. We’re a conservative bunch by nature, I think we’ll always be a few steps behind the front of the pack. But we’re having more and more of the right sorts of conversations, which can only be a good thing. Right?
User avatar
Marmaduke
 
Posts: 5947
+1s received: 795
Joined: 23 December 2012, 17:56
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Are you enjoying your country losing the "war on drugs" (as in wee

Unread postby PopTart » 23 November 2018, 16:11

Sorry Brenden, I meant legalisation :D

The way I see it, if drugs are made as safe as possible, cultivated or produced with care for speciific purposes and results, areas made available that people could freely go to experience recreational drugs and really comprehensive education about both the Pro's and cons of drug use, people could start to learn the healthy amount of respect we need for drugs, alongside the curiousity and desire to explore altered perceptions, unique physiological changes and the like, without falling into the pit that is addiction.

I'm not suggesting that such a goal would be simple or easy to achieve, people still have problems with alcohol and thats been around aslong as people have I should think.

But the vast majority of people turn to drugs, either for fun and recreation or as a means of escaping troubles in their everyday lives. I know the recreational drug users wind up doing drugs long term for that very reason.

Changes of this nature, would have to go hand in hand with broader social changes, that helped to alleviate the reasons people feel unhappy with their lot in life. But that's a much wider topic, that frankly, I'm not sure I'm upto!
ImageImage
User avatar
PopTart
 
Posts: 2514
+1s received: 2107
Joined: 12 December 2017, 11:15
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Are you enjoying your country losing the "war on drugs" (as in wee

Unread postby Felice » 23 November 2018, 22:56

Marijuana is ok to get legalized In My Opinion....,i mean there is alcohol so where is the issue ????
But other drugs no thanks ...Meth and the likes is just a BIG no to me ...
you won't find me here i'm deleting my account .
Felice
 
Posts: 317
+1s received: 344
Joined: 13 September 2018, 20:01

Re: Are you enjoying your country losing the "war on drugs" (as in wee

Unread postby mxguy01 » 24 November 2018, 00:03

The problems:

We are incarcerating people over what is an affliction.

We are focused on incarcerating/punative punishment which is the polar opposite of helping.
---
I love to travel but hate to arrive -- Albert Einstein
---
The only thing worse than an Did Not Finish (DNF) is an Did Not Start (DNS). ~~ Me
---
It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness. ~~ Chinese fortune cookie
User avatar
mxguy01
 
Posts: 3709
+1s received: 1811
Joined: 23 October 2017, 23:12
Location: NorCal
Country: United States (us)

Re: Are you enjoying your country losing the "war on drugs" (as in wee

Unread postby Victor_Laszlo » 24 November 2018, 00:36

PopTart wrote:Sorry Brenden, I meant legalisation :D

The way I see it, if drugs are made as safe as possible, cultivated or produced with care for speciific purposes and results, areas made available that people could freely go to experience recreational drugs and really comprehensive education about both the Pro's and cons of drug use, people could start to learn the healthy amount of respect we need for drugs, alongside the curiousity and desire to explore altered perceptions, unique physiological changes and the like, without falling into the pit that is addiction.

I'm not suggesting that such a goal would be simple or easy to achieve, people still have problems with alcohol and thats been around aslong as people have I should think.

But the vast majority of people turn to drugs, either for fun and recreation or as a means of escaping troubles in their everyday lives. I know the recreational drug users wind up doing drugs long term for that very reason.

Changes of this nature, would have to go hand in hand with broader social changes, that helped to alleviate the reasons people feel unhappy with their lot in life. But that's a much wider topic, that frankly, I'm not sure I'm upto!



I agree 100%

Almost every problem with drugs is because of them being a crime, unregulated, and controlled by the black market.

I think the war on drugs is a huge waste of resources that could and should be going to more positive causes. Addiction being one of the main ones.

No matter how much money we throw at drugs there not going anywhere. Every dealer get's replaced in no time and every user that get's arrested goes right back to the spot they were arrested at. Probably with a new addict there to join them.

Its a nasty cycle thats not gonna end no matter how many arrest or money. Something seriously needs to change.
Formerly known as Simple_Man

Edna St. Vincent Millay — 'My candle burns at both ends;It will not last the night; But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends—It gives a lovely light!'
User avatar
Victor_Laszlo
 
Posts: 2555
+1s received: 1762
Joined: 30 September 2017, 16:43
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States (us)

Re: Are you enjoying your country losing the "war on drugs" (as in wee

Unread postby Eryx » 28 November 2018, 13:07

The war on drugs is mostly responsible for the deaths of over 60 thousand people here in Brazil last year. Marijuana is a gateway drug here because it is an illegal drug. Why? Because most consumers go straight to the favelas, in areas called "bocas", to get their product, where crack, heroin and cocaine are routinely offered as change or a suggestion. No age restrictions either, so teenagers and young adults often fall prey to this thinking they'll be seen as cool guys for buying something heavier.

Thefts, robberies, rapes are very strongly related to the crack-cocaine users and the homeless population skyrocketed in some major capitals since they won't be let into shelters for being too high. They also can't find jobs, treatment, there isn't any chance they'll be reintegrated in society. The only way out of it would be if the drug became a public health issue and we started helping them in an effective manner. Wasting all the money on cops after drug dealers and washing up squares invaded by users is just the wrong way to go.

Finally, I personally don't think the production and distribution should be heavily monitored, because that would limit marijuana's ability to bring profit to smaller farmers, and there wouldn't be many benefits in the retail industry, which could use a little hand. In Uruguay, heavy monitoring backfired, as weed sold in the pharmacies is too weak (medical purposes only) and not everyone is eligible to participate in grower's clubs. With that, drug trafficking is still high and leaking out to Argentina (to a lesser extent, as growing up to six plants is already allowed there), Brazil and Paraguay.

I think marijuana, cocaine, LSD, ecstasy and mushrooms could all be marketed just like cigarettes, with specific purchase spots and strong warnings. The dosage could be controlled but I personally don't think that's necessary, it's something that regulates itself.

Now, answering the title: no.
Image

Image Image

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
— Harlan Ellison
User avatar
Eryx
 
Posts: 1395
+1s received: 522
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:48
Location: Belo Horizonte, MG
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: Are you enjoying your country losing the "war on drugs" (as in wee

Unread postby Gay-paul » 28 November 2018, 17:26

Eryx wrote:The war on drugs is mostly responsible for the deaths of over 60 thousand people here in Brazil last year. Marijuana is a gateway drug here because it is an illegal drug. Why? Because most consumers go straight to the favelas, in areas called "bocas", to get their product, where crack, heroin and cocaine are routinely offered as change or a suggestion. No age restrictions either, so teenagers and young adults often fall prey to this thinking they'll be seen as cool guys for buying something heavier.

Thefts, robberies, rapes are very strongly related to the crack-cocaine users and the homeless population skyrocketed in some major capitals since they won't be let into shelters for being too high. They also can't find jobs, treatment, there isn't any chance they'll be reintegrated in society. The only way out of it would be if the drug became a public health issue and we started helping them in an effective manner. Wasting all the money on cops after drug dealers and washing up squares invaded by users is just the wrong way to go.

Finally, I personally don't think the production and distribution should be heavily monitored, because that would limit marijuana's ability to bring profit to smaller farmers, and there wouldn't be many benefits in the retail industry, which could use a little hand. In Uruguay, heavy monitoring backfired, as weed sold in the pharmacies is too weak (medical purposes only) and not everyone is eligible to participate in grower's clubs. With that, drug trafficking is still high and leaking out to Argentina (to a lesser extent, as growing up to six plants is already allowed there), Brazil and Paraguay.

I think marijuana, cocaine, LSD, ecstasy and mushrooms could all be marketed just like cigarettes, with specific purchase spots and strong warnings. The dosage could be controlled but I personally don't think that's necessary, it's something that regulates itself.

Now, answering the title: no.


I think so too, this whole war on drugs is just as effective as American Prohibition :D

So you are from Brazil, it's a very nice country, I would like to go there once, as if I had money, and see the Amazon forest before your newly elected president does not cut down the entire rainforest, what you think about him , I heard that he is quite homophobic, in my country they call him Trump of South America :D

I like to watch skateboarders too, and you have one of the best, Bob Burnquist :)
Gay-paul
 
Posts: 120
+1s received: 19
Joined: 3 November 2018, 13:26
Country: Poland (pl)

Re: Are you enjoying your country losing the "war on drugs" (as in wee

Unread postby Eryx » 28 November 2018, 17:32

Yeah he's a dick. But he's also a pushover, so maybe nothing will come of it.
I'm a bit apprehensive but trying not to think about it. Also pretty sure the war on drugs won't end for the next 4 years, unfortunately.
Image

Image Image

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
— Harlan Ellison
User avatar
Eryx
 
Posts: 1395
+1s received: 522
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:48
Location: Belo Horizonte, MG
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: Are you enjoying your country losing the "war on drugs" (as in wee

Unread postby BlackBoi666 » 1 December 2018, 06:55

No. I wish there was a death penalty for being a drug dealer.
User avatar
BlackBoi666
 
Posts: 194
+1s received: 48
Joined: 15 November 2018, 04:34
Location: Mississippi
Country: United States (us)

Re: Are you enjoying your country losing the "war on drugs" (as in wee

Unread postby Brenden » 1 December 2018, 07:01

BlackBoi666 wrote:No. I wish there was a death penalty for being a drug dealer.

Move to the Philippines.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 6362
+1s received: 1334
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Are you enjoying your country losing the "war on drugs" (as in wee

Unread postby Gay-paul » 1 December 2018, 17:16

BlackBoi666 wrote:No. I wish there was a death penalty for being a drug dealer.


And for paedophiles and banksters :D
But seriously maybe is better to legalize it or at least some "drugs" the soft one like Marijuana or Hashish, if cigarettes are legal why not wed? At least economy would get money not gangsters.
Gay-paul
 
Posts: 120
+1s received: 19
Joined: 3 November 2018, 13:26
Country: Poland (pl)

Next

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Mojeek [Bot], Trendiction [Bot] and 14 guests