49ers Player Chris Culliver-Gays Are NOT Welcome In Our Locker Room

Discuss the news, current events, politics, etc.

1 Which team are you rooting for in the Super Bowl? 2 Did Cullivers comments influence your vote?

The Baltimore Ravens
10
63%
The San Francisco 49ers
3
19%
Yes
1
6%
No
11
69%
 
Total votes : 25

49ers Player Chris Culliver-Gays Are NOT Welcome In Our Locker Room

Unread postby acpro » 31 January 2013, 02:27

BREAKING: The San Francisco 49ers' player Chris Culliver was asked if there were any gay players on the 49ers. "We don't have any gay guys on the team," Culliver said. "They gotta get up outta here if they do. Can't be with that sweet stuff." Read the full story here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ers-player

While, on the other hand, the Ravens are home to an outspoken LGBT supporter, Brendan Ayanbadejo. He won an Honorary Gay award from GQ in 2012. You can read more about him here: http://www.gq.com/blogs/the-feed/2012/1 ... -year.html

Will this influence who the gay community will root for? What impact, if any, will this have on the 49ers franchise from the team's hometown, San Francisco, considering it has the largest gay population of any other metropolitan area in the entire United States of America?

In the poll I asked, "(1) Which team are you rooting for in the Super Bowl? (2) Did Culliver's comments influence your vote?" I had to shorten the poll to allow for 100 characters. Also, I don't know how to make two polls for one thread, so I did it this way. Users are allowed to vote on two options.
User avatar
acpro
 
Posts: 2116
+1s received: 338
Joined: 23 December 2012, 05:18
Country: United States (us)

Re: 49ers Player Chris Culliver-Gays Are NOT Welcome In Our Locker Roo

Unread postby Blaz » 31 January 2013, 03:59

Well I was already going for the Raven's since they whooped Patriot ass and Ray Lewis as well. I had just read this article before getting on here as well.

Sadly that's the reality of athletics and the hyper masculine culture that exists.
Blaz
 
Posts: 1892
+1s received: 6
Joined: 22 December 2012, 02:24

Re: 49ers Player Chris Culliver-Gays Are NOT Welcome In Our Locker Roo

Unread postby Adam88 » 31 January 2013, 04:03

I don't really care if he doesn't like guys checking him out in the locker room. It's his belief and it in no way effects my life. Let him gay-hate it up all he wants.

I hate sports and jocks anyways.
User avatar
Adam88
 
Posts: 1596
+1s received: 2
Joined: 14 January 2013, 09:51
Country: United States (us)

Re: 49ers Player Chris Culliver-Gays Are NOT Welcome In Our Locker Roo

Unread postby arcanepersona » 31 January 2013, 04:47

Adam88 wrote:I don't really care if he doesn't like guys checking him out in the locker room. It's his belief and it in no way effects my life. Let him gay-hate it up all he wants.

I hate sports and jocks anyways.



This it's better to move on and don't give a shit. And you have to give him credit for speaking his mind. I would whether someone speak what they really thought of you, than someone stab me in the back with a smile of their face.
User avatar
arcanepersona
 
Posts: 473
Joined: 21 December 2012, 02:34

Re: 49ers Player Chris Culliver-Gays Are NOT Welcome In Our Locker Roo

Unread postby acpro » 31 January 2013, 04:54

arcanepersona wrote:
Adam88 wrote:I don't really care if he doesn't like guys checking him out in the locker room. It's his belief and it in no way effects my life. Let him gay-hate it up all he wants.

I hate sports and jocks anyways.



This it's better to move on and don't give a shit. And you have to give him credit for speaking his mind. I would whether someone speak what they really thought of you, than someone stab me in the back with a smile of their face.


Arcan, I agree. But if someone were to tell me they were a Nazi sympathizer (Nazi's didn't tolerate a lot more than just gay people) or less extreme, someone who said they hate gay people, then I am going to judge that person. I am going to judge that person, and think to myself, "that person is a bad person". It may not effect my life, but no less, I am still going to judge that person based on their beliefs. There is nothing wrong with judging people on their beliefs, btw.
User avatar
acpro
 
Posts: 2116
+1s received: 338
Joined: 23 December 2012, 05:18
Country: United States (us)

Re: 49ers Player Chris Culliver-Gays Are NOT Welcome In Our Locker Roo

Unread postby MrTheEdge » 31 January 2013, 05:15

I had San Francisco beating Baltimore from before the pre-season in a pool with my friends. One of my friends also had Baltimore beating San Francisco.

So no, I'm still rooting for San Francisco :P
User avatar
MrTheEdge
 
Posts: 17
Joined: 4 January 2013, 06:45
Country: United States (us)

Re: 49ers Player Chris Culliver-Gays Are NOT Welcome In Our Locker Roo

Unread postby Adam88 » 31 January 2013, 07:01

acpro wrote:
arcanepersona wrote:
Adam88 wrote:I don't really care if he doesn't like guys checking him out in the locker room. It's his belief and it in no way effects my life. Let him gay-hate it up all he wants.

I hate sports and jocks anyways.



This it's better to move on and don't give a shit. And you have to give him credit for speaking his mind. I would whether someone speak what they really thought of you, than someone stab me in the back with a smile of their face.


Arcan, I agree. But if someone were to tell me they were a Nazi sympathizer (Nazi's didn't tolerate a lot more than just gay people) or less extreme, someone who said they hate gay people, then I am going to judge that person. I am going to judge that person, and think to myself, "that person is a bad person". It may not effect my life, but no less, I am still going to judge that person based on their beliefs. There is nothing wrong with judging people on their beliefs, btw.


Oh come on, how can you hate people who dressed this well!

Image

Jk :p
User avatar
Adam88
 
Posts: 1596
+1s received: 2
Joined: 14 January 2013, 09:51
Country: United States (us)

Re: 49ers Player Chris Culliver-Gays Are NOT Welcome In Our Locker Roo

Unread postby Blaz » 31 January 2013, 23:43

Culliver apologies
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/san- ... rks-013113
Most likely somebody got a talk from the higher ups. How stupid can be you to make make comments like that when you're on the SAN FRANSICO team.

Also in relation to this.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/rand ... rsy-013113
Blaz
 
Posts: 1892
+1s received: 6
Joined: 22 December 2012, 02:24

Re: 49ers Player Chris Culliver-Gays Are NOT Welcome In Our Locker Roo

Unread postby acpro » 1 February 2013, 02:05

Backlash from one member of the gay community has begun: Reza from 'Shahs of Sunset says '49ers Will Lose Super Bowl Thanks to Anti-Gay Player. Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2Jbndradx

HAHA--I thought Culliver's anti-gay comments would influence some LGBT people's minds, but I would have never guessed that it would come from Bravo superstar Reza from Shahs of Sunset. I give him credit for taking a stand, although I sorta hate his show. (He is my fav character tho).
User avatar
acpro
 
Posts: 2116
+1s received: 338
Joined: 23 December 2012, 05:18
Country: United States (us)

Re: 49ers Player Chris Culliver-Gays Are NOT Welcome In Our Locker Roo

Unread postby Shinji Ikari » 1 February 2013, 04:02

I couldn't give a FUCK about football or sports or what some dumb Jock has to say.
User avatar
Shinji Ikari
 
Posts: 275
+1s received: 21
Joined: 23 December 2012, 03:06
Country: United States (us)

Re: 49ers Player Chris Culliver-Gays Are NOT Welcome In Our Locker Roo

Unread postby acpro » 2 February 2013, 02:23

Noted.
User avatar
acpro
 
Posts: 2116
+1s received: 338
Joined: 23 December 2012, 05:18
Country: United States (us)

Re: 49ers Player Chris Culliver-Gays Are NOT Welcome In Our Locker Roo

Unread postby Lucas » 2 February 2013, 04:48

This dude should be gay, if he had a dick in his mouth, he wouldn't be able to stay such stupid shit.
Lucas
 
Posts: 4134
+1s received: 97
Joined: 21 December 2012, 19:08
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Country: United States (us)

Re: 49ers Player Chris Culliver-Gays Are NOT Welcome In Our Locker Roo

Unread postby arcanepersona » 2 February 2013, 07:07

Blaz wrote:Culliver apologies
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/san- ... rks-013113
Most likely somebody got a talk from the higher ups. How stupid can be you to make make comments like that when you're on the SAN FRANSICO team.

Also in relation to this.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/rand ... rsy-013113



They're both being political correct and insecure. One is apologizing because it doesn't look good for his team and business. The other is being a brown noser.
User avatar
arcanepersona
 
Posts: 473
Joined: 21 December 2012, 02:34

Re: 49ers Player Chris Culliver-Gays Are NOT Welcome In Our Locker Roo

Unread postby Lucas » 2 February 2013, 07:59

arcanepersona wrote:
Blaz wrote:Culliver apologies
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/san- ... rks-013113
Most likely somebody got a talk from the higher ups. How stupid can be you to make make comments like that when you're on the SAN FRANSICO team.

Also in relation to this.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/rand ... rsy-013113



They're both being political correct and insecure. One is apologizing because it doesn't look good for his team and business. The other is being a brown noser.


Moss a brown noser? Maybe, but at least he spoke up. he used to play for the Patriots, my home team. I wish he won a ring with us, he deserved it. He broke the single season record for most touchdown catches, while Brady set the record for most single season touchdown passes. I hope Moss wins this time.
Lucas
 
Posts: 4134
+1s received: 97
Joined: 21 December 2012, 19:08
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Country: United States (us)

Re: 49ers Player Chris Culliver-Gays Are NOT Welcome In Our Locker Roo

Unread postby Blaz » 2 February 2013, 17:47

Blaz
 
Posts: 1892
+1s received: 6
Joined: 22 December 2012, 02:24

Re: 49ers Player Chris Culliver-Gays Are NOT Welcome In Our Locker Roo

Unread postby alehizzle » 2 February 2013, 18:57

I'm kinda pulling for Baltimore, but I like both teams. This story has nothing to do with my opinion, as unfortunate as it is. Terrell Suggs of the Ravens apparently said something along the lines that a gay player would be welcome in Baltimore after Culliver's comments.
Image
User avatar
alehizzle
 
Posts: 455
+1s received: 4
Joined: 30 January 2013, 21:52
Country: United States (us)

Re: 49ers Player Chris Culliver-Gays Are NOT Welcome In Our Locker Roo

Unread postby candycorn » 4 February 2013, 17:15

It's okay, because football is the stupidest sport. "Let's line up and hit each other, and then STOP THE WHOLE GAME, and line up and hit each other again."
User avatar
candycorn
 
Posts: 53
Joined: 21 December 2012, 01:31

Re: 49ers Player Chris Culliver-Gays Are NOT Welcome In Our Locker Roo

Unread postby arcanepersona » 5 February 2013, 06:17

Lucas wrote:
arcanepersona wrote:
Blaz wrote:Culliver apologies
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/san- ... rks-013113
Most likely somebody got a talk from the higher ups. How stupid can be you to make make comments like that when you're on the SAN FRANSICO team.

Also in relation to this.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/rand ... rsy-013113



They're both being political correct and insecure. One is apologizing because it doesn't look good for his team and business. The other is being a brown noser.


Moss a brown noser? Maybe, but at least he spoke up. he used to play for the Patriots, my home team. I wish he won a ring with us, he deserved it. He broke the single season record for most touchdown catches, while Brady set the record for most single season touchdown passes. I hope Moss wins this time.



Are we that desperate for acceptance that we would take people that would lie to our face?
User avatar
arcanepersona
 
Posts: 473
Joined: 21 December 2012, 02:34

Re: 49ers Player Chris Culliver-Gays Are NOT Welcome In Our Locker Roo

Unread postby Mod » 5 February 2013, 06:27

Okay so as someone entirely disconnected from the Hand Egg scene no his comments do not dissuade me from not supporting any Superbowl team less than each other.

What I would like to say though is that while the celebrity sports culture tends to focus on the star player and maybe a captain and coach, pro level teams are a high powered synergy and while Culliver as the nail that sticks out right now may be a tip of a homophobic iceberg within the SF team is this one meathead's opinion really going to overpower one's allegiance to the state/concept of the San Francisco team's dynasty? If it does, should it?
Money can't buy happiness; but we'll sell it to you anyway.
Mod
 
Posts: 3157
+1s received: 150
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:26


Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 21 guests