Why do most gays vote democrat?

Discuss the news, current events, politics, etc.

Re: Why do most gays vote democrat?

Unread postby poolerboy0077 » 20 July 2020, 15:50

Magic J wrote:
abmis wrote:You guys are ideologically possessed.

It's true. Tried to contact Rosa Luxembourg with a ouija board when I was seventeen, now she's in my head and won't shut the fuck up about mass movement revolutionary tactics. :(

Seriously, though, stop psychologising. It's patronising. Make a positive point or forever hold thy tongue.

Christ. You’re psychologically possessed! I feel sorry for you.
Blow: "Nowadays even Liam can release an album of his screechy vocals and it'll probably go #1..."
Ramzus: I can admit that I'm horny just about 24/7
homomorphism: I used to not think your name was deshay and that Erick was just being racist
Hunter: sometimes I think I was literally born to be a pornstar
User avatar
poolerboy0077
 
Posts: 9021
+1s received: 2355
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:20
Country: United States (us)

Re: Why do most gays vote democrat?

Unread postby abmis » 20 July 2020, 16:39

I do take some fault for categorizing all of you for being leftists, but that's sort of the problem with left-winged politics in general. At least nowadays. It's clear that the right can go too far! Like claims of ethnic superiority, fascism, and trying to justify deep inequality that is intentionally systemic. Reprehensible ideas! My beef with left-wingers is that it's hard to place a restraint on your political aisle because it has that "feel good" and Utopian look to it and because of that it entices even regular liberals even though there are some extreme ideas that are anti-thetical to liberal ideals, like redefining "free speech" for instance. This may trigger most of you guys, and I wouldn't be surprised, but the left can also go too far! Like demanding equality of outcome and emphasizing too much group identity over individual sovereignty (which is anti-liberal in the classical sense ironically, but I'm sure most of you are oblivious to that). Like I've stated copious amounts of times, left-winged ideas have great utility in our American and Western politics, and those ideas are necessary. Now, back to the thesis of this thread. We all need to acknowledge that LGBTQ+ folks and even people of color can hold non-left winged views and not be bigots and minority traitors. You'd be quite surprised how many of those people hold those differing views. ;) Also, I debate and challenge right wingers as well, and from my experience I've noticed you left-wingers get very salty, bitter, and aggressive whenever I critique your views and even praise some of them to sort of help neutralize the wound. Lol I almost never get that from right wingers.
abmis
 
Posts: 48
+1s received: 5
Joined: 22 June 2020, 00:49
Country: United States (us)

Re: Why do most gays vote democrat?

Unread postby Severelius » 20 July 2020, 16:55

abmis wrote:I do take some fault for categorizing all of you for being leftists, but that's sort of the problem with left-winged politics in general. At least nowadays. It's clear that the right can go too far! Like claims of ethnic superiority, fascism, and trying to justify deep inequality that is intentionally systemic. Reprehensible ideas! My beef with left-wingers is that it's hard to place a restraint on your political aisle because it has that "feel good" and Utopian look to it and because of that it entices even regular liberals even though there are some extreme ideas that are anti-thetical to liberal ideals, like redefining "free speech" for instance. This may trigger most of you guys, and I wouldn't be surprised, but the left can also go too far! Like demanding equality of outcome and emphasizing too much group identity over individual sovereignty (which is anti-liberal in the classical sense ironically, but I'm sure most of you are oblivious to that). Like I've stated copious amounts of times, left-winged ideas have great utility in our American and Western politics, and those ideas are necessary. Now, back to the thesis of this thread. We all need to acknowledge that LGBTQ+ folks and even people of color can hold non-left winged views and not be bigots and minority traitors. You'd be quite surprised how many of those people hold those differing views. ;) Also, I debate and challenge right wingers as well, and from my experience I've noticed you left-wingers get very salty, bitter, and aggressive whenever I critique your views and even praise some of them to sort of help neutralize the wound. Lol I almost never get that from right wingers.

If they hold political views that advocate the lessening or removal of rights from minority groups, then they are by definition bigots.

Being a member of a minority group doesn't give you a pass on being a bigoted piece of shit if you set out your political stall firmly in opposition to another, or even their own, minority group's right to exist un-harassed.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 3711
+1s received: 693
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Why do most gays vote democrat?

Unread postby Derek » 20 July 2020, 17:07

Christ, who's trying to restrict your freedom of speech? The persecution complex is insane.
User avatar
Derek
 
Posts: 6310
+1s received: 2315
Joined: 21 December 2012, 02:12
Country: United States (us)

Re: Why do most gays vote democrat?

Unread postby Severelius » 20 July 2020, 17:14

Derek wrote:Christ, who's trying to restrict your freedom of speech? The persecution complex is insane.

No, Derek. The evil leftists want to re-define freedom of speech because they want people to have some consequences for saying terrible things.

Because as we all know, the true definition of freedom of speech is being able to say literally anything you want to anyone in any context and nobody's ever allowed to say or do anything to you in retaliation.

Obviously.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 3711
+1s received: 693
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Why do most gays vote democrat?

Unread postby abmis » 20 July 2020, 17:52

Severelius wrote:
abmis wrote:I do take some fault for categorizing all of you for being leftists, but that's sort of the problem with left-winged politics in general. At least nowadays. It's clear that the right can go too far! Like claims of ethnic superiority, fascism, and trying to justify deep inequality that is intentionally systemic. Reprehensible ideas! My beef with left-wingers is that it's hard to place a restraint on your political aisle because it has that "feel good" and Utopian look to it and because of that it entices even regular liberals even though there are some extreme ideas that are anti-thetical to liberal ideals, like redefining "free speech" for instance. This may trigger most of you guys, and I wouldn't be surprised, but the left can also go too far! Like demanding equality of outcome and emphasizing too much group identity over individual sovereignty (which is anti-liberal in the classical sense ironically, but I'm sure most of you are oblivious to that). Like I've stated copious amounts of times, left-winged ideas have great utility in our American and Western politics, and those ideas are necessary. Now, back to the thesis of this thread. We all need to acknowledge that LGBTQ+ folks and even people of color can hold non-left winged views and not be bigots and minority traitors. You'd be quite surprised how many of those people hold those differing views. ;) Also, I debate and challenge right wingers as well, and from my experience I've noticed you left-wingers get very salty, bitter, and aggressive whenever I critique your views and even praise some of them to sort of help neutralize the wound. Lol I almost never get that from right wingers.

If they hold political views that advocate the lessening or removal of rights from minority groups, then they are by definition bigots.

Being a member of a minority group doesn't give you a pass on being a bigoted piece of shit if you set out your political stall firmly in opposition to another, or even their own, minority group's right to exist un-harassed.


Hahahahaha! That is so adorable. ;) You do realize that main utility for minority groups to not be on the left winged boat, are for other issues right? Fiscal policy and immigration to name a few. Yes, of course there's those typical hillbilly folks that sleep with their sisters who are bigoted and discriminatory and want to make laws that deliberately puts down those folks. Those are radicals, and a minority on the right. You clearly haven't been exposed to conservative thought in a deeper and objective manner. On the surface, right winged policies may seem bigoted, like reducing government assistance and blocking minimum wage increases in which on average minorities are under those circumstance, but it's just a different approach to help those people rise on their feet and be successful. Yes! I think that you and I can certainly agree that when they make laws on what we do with our genitals or sneakily enforcing religion in public sectors is grotesque! However, that's only like a tiny percentage of those insane right winged politicians. For goodness sake, right wingers are not racists and hate gays as individuals. When it comes to race relations, things are far better than they have before in the West. Yeah, obviously racism is wrong, it's like saying you're against poverty! Gee, you know, name one person you know who is in favor of poverty? :facepalm2: We don't need useful idiots like Black Lives Matter and Antifa to wave placards and virtue signal. If you want to talk about bigotry being limited to the right, what about Affirmative Action policies and leniency on minorities when it comes to employment and universities? Who is lowering the standards for university admissions and shoving more money to minorities because left winged politicians thinks that they need to be spoon-fed when clearly, the data shows that it doesn't help them in the long run? Democrats. At least in America, I'm not sure about the UK. That would be the soft bigotry of low expectations. That is insulting and degrading to minorities because it assumes that they are not capable as individuals to succeed to the best of their ability because of their skin pigmentation, even when left winged politicians "think" they're helping them. Jesus! Dismal! Treat everybody the same, and judge people based on the merits of their character. We've won the social issues debate in America and the West in general.
abmis
 
Posts: 48
+1s received: 5
Joined: 22 June 2020, 00:49
Country: United States (us)

Re: Why do most gays vote democrat?

Unread postby René » 20 July 2020, 17:57

abmis, you are wrong in so many ways, big and little, I'd hardly know where to begin addressing them all.

I just want to express my sincere admiration for anyone who attempts it.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 6268
+1s received: 2005
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United States (us)

Re: Why do most gays vote democrat?

Unread postby abmis » 20 July 2020, 18:04

René wrote:abmis, you are wrong in so many ways, big and little, I'd hardly know where to begin addressing them all.

I just want to express my sincere admiration for anyone who attempts it.


Sure, call me wrong, but that's my opinion. I'm glad that you disagree, but it'd be nice if you provided a case with more subtance. Plus, guess what? 50% disagree with you! You know what? That's OK! You can't have your cake and it eat too.
abmis
 
Posts: 48
+1s received: 5
Joined: 22 June 2020, 00:49
Country: United States (us)

Re: Why do most gays vote democrat?

Unread postby Severelius » 20 July 2020, 18:20

I'm just amused that the longer this goes the more abmis is painfully obviously just a generic bad-faith right-wing agitator and nothing more.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 3711
+1s received: 693
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Why do most gays vote democrat?

Unread postby René » 20 July 2020, 18:24

abmis wrote:
René wrote:abmis, you are wrong in so many ways, big and little, I'd hardly know where to begin addressing them all.

I just want to express my sincere admiration for anyone who attempts it.

Sure, call me wrong, but that's my opinion. I'm glad that you disagree, but it'd be nice if you provided a case with more subtance. Plus, guess what? 50% disagree with you! You know what? That's OK! You can't have your cake and it eat too.

I'm not providing a case. I thought that was pretty obvious. I literally said I was merely expressing admiration for various other posters.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 6268
+1s received: 2005
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United States (us)

Re: Why do most gays vote democrat?

Unread postby abmis » 20 July 2020, 18:29

Severelius wrote:I'm just amused that the longer this goes the more abmis is painfully obviously just a generic bad-faith right-wing agitator and nothing more.


How can I be a "generic bad-faith right winger" when I clearly state support for some left-winged ideas and condemn and attack those homophobic religious right wingers trying to control our social life? Not very right-winged of me to anyone who's not emotional and too attached with their pet ideology like some people (won't give names), and with at least half a functioning brain.
abmis
 
Posts: 48
+1s received: 5
Joined: 22 June 2020, 00:49
Country: United States (us)

Re: Why do most gays vote democrat?

Unread postby Severelius » 20 July 2020, 18:38

Sorry I must have just got thrown off by the shameless parade of right-wing talking points that seem to comprise the vast majority of what you're on about in this thread.
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 3711
+1s received: 693
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Why do most gays vote democrat?

Unread postby abmis » 20 July 2020, 18:47

Severelius wrote:Sorry I must have just got thrown off by the shameless parade of right-wing talking points that seem to comprise the vast majority of what you're on about in this thread.


Haha! That doesn't make me inherently right-winged silly! :P I look at politics based on issues, not by political affiliation. And trust me! I challenge right wingers ideas all of the time! I think they're laughably wrong how they claim that Western Civilization and America was mostly influenced by Judeo-Christian values! I find it dangerous and naive how they don't see and underestimate the dangers of economic inequality (which is a real and valid problem). I also find it irritating how everyone needs religion to be a good citizen in society! Please! I'm an atheist, and I know right from wrong without fearing a magical sky daddy :facepalm2: So there you go! Lol
abmis
 
Posts: 48
+1s received: 5
Joined: 22 June 2020, 00:49
Country: United States (us)

Re: Why do most gays vote democrat?

Unread postby Brenden » 20 July 2020, 18:57

abmis wrote:That doesn't make me inherently right-winged silly! :P I look at politics based on issues, not by political affiliation.

Wow, you’re such a hypocrite. You call people leftists willy-nilly without actually comprehending what they’re saying, but when someone calls you a right-winger based on how much right-wing talking points you spout, you get your knickers in a twist.
Disclaimer: All views expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the views of this forum except when otherwise stated or this signature is not present.

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Brenden
Administrator
 
Posts: 8073
+1s received: 2793
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United States (us)

Re: Why do most gays vote democrat?

Unread postby abmis » 20 July 2020, 19:08

Not particularly. I actually know some left wingers who don't think so profoundly and emotionally as you guys. I may not be accurate on specifically pinpointing your guys' political labels, but I know that given the attitudes of your guys' stances on left-winged politics, it's pretty darn close to the leftist side of things. Right? Progressivism? Your group identity defines you above all else. Wealth redistribution. Of course, there's variances, but then again, that's sort of the downfall of left-politics. They don't know how to set boundaries within their ideology because of how open it is. Whereas, right wingers tend to be more succinct and stable with their views. I'm not saying that in a condescending way, I'm just trying to sort of psychoanalyze the political aisles. I'm actually quite liberal in the classical sense if you actually take the time to analyze my stances. (I know, shocker) Devils are in the details when it comes to political terminology.
abmis
 
Posts: 48
+1s received: 5
Joined: 22 June 2020, 00:49
Country: United States (us)

Re: Why do most gays vote democrat?

Unread postby Sullivan » 20 July 2020, 19:16

If I listen hard enough I can actually hear my brain liquefying. There's like this burbling sound in my inner ear. It's almost calming.
User avatar
Sullivan
 
Posts: 677
+1s received: 206
Joined: 25 July 2013, 02:12
Location: Chicago
Country: United States (us)

Re: Why do most gays vote democrat?

Unread postby Severelius » 20 July 2020, 19:19

It's just interesting to be in a topic about politics where I'm not being called a centrist for a change. :lol:
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 3711
+1s received: 693
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Why do most gays vote democrat?

Unread postby abmis » 20 July 2020, 19:42

Severelius wrote:It's just interesting to be in a topic about politics where I'm not being called a centrist for a change. :lol:


Are you really suggesting that you're a centrist? Left-Centrist, maybe. Just maybe. I have seen you give 0 points to right winged ideas and 0 critiques on left winged ideas, if not more favoritism. Uh oh. One side of the scale seems heavier than the other....
abmis
 
Posts: 48
+1s received: 5
Joined: 22 June 2020, 00:49
Country: United States (us)

PostThis post was deleted by abmis on 20 July 2020, 19:43.

Re: Why do most gays vote democrat?

Unread postby Severelius » 20 July 2020, 19:51

abmis wrote:
Severelius wrote:It's just interesting to be in a topic about politics where I'm not being called a centrist for a change. :lol:


Are you really suggesting that you're a centrist? Left-Centrist, maybe. Just maybe. I have seen you give 0 points to right winged ideas and 0 critiques on left winged ideas, if not more favoritism. Uh oh. One side of the scale seems heavier than the other....

This entire thread is framed around the political leanings and ideology of the gay community.

Of course I'm going to side with the left on that. Because the right wing ideas about gay rights are "why do they need them?" and "let's let religious employers discriminate openly against them."

Why the fuck would I give that any points?
User avatar
Severelius
 
Posts: 3711
+1s received: 693
Joined: 6 May 2014, 20:49
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 34 guests