Do People Moan in Real Life?

Share stories, ask questions, get answers.

Do People Moan in Real Life?

Unread postby mysterygoldfish » 5 March 2021, 18:26

This might be a very silly question but do people moan when they are having sex with another person in real life? If so is it on purpose or does it just happen for some reason?
Do people also moan when they are masturbating or do they not then but do when they are actually having sex with another person they do for one reason or another? If someone does not really make much noise when touching themselves is it possible that they would make noise if with another person without meaning to?

If people do moan during sex regardless of if it is on purpose or not is it like the loud, goose call like moans that the actors do in gay porn videos?

Without any actual experience with another person I have no way of actually knowing and this has always been a mystery to me.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
mysterygoldfish
 
Posts: 36
+1s received: 16
Joined: 23 February 2021, 14:43
Location: my school/my parent's basement

Re: Do People Moan in Real Life?

Unread postby Raynethemagi » 5 March 2021, 18:40

mysterygoldfish wrote:This might be a very silly question but do people moan when they are having sex with another person in real life? If so is it on purpose or does it just happen for some reason?
Do people also moan when they are masturbating or do they not then but do when they are actually having sex with another person they do for one reason or another? If someone does not really make much noise when touching themselves is it possible that they would make noise if with another person without meaning to?

If people do moan during sex regardless of if it is on purpose or not is it like the loud, goose call like moans that the actors do in gay porn videos?

Without any actual experience with another person I have no way of actually knowing and this has always been a mystery to me.


That's a good question, I don't really know. I don't like watching "professional porn," because that's what those guys are. They are actors, and their job is to put on a show for you. I'm not saying that some of these guys aren't gay, but they are actors so keep that in mind. When I watch porn, I usually watch Amateur porn, because to me that's hotter than the rubbish professional porn is. But to answer your question, I don't really know. I would hope they would do it because it's completely pleasurable and not just to make sure the other person is satisfied. Sex is a 2 way deal, it's supposed to be good for both parties. So yeah, no idea.
Here's an example of the Universe trying to tell you that you need healing in an area of your life:

Someone who struggles with showing emotion. This person, in their lifetime, will constantly struggle with this, and that is because, they choose to ignore or disregard the fact that they have trouble showing emotion. Most people will ignore this issue, and will continue to fracture themselves. And this goes with pretty much any problem that happens in your life that is recurring. Don't pass up an opportunity to make you "whole" again.
Raynethemagi
 
Posts: 199
+1s received: 61
Joined: 27 February 2021, 13:37
Country: United States (us)

Re: Do People Moan in Real Life?

Unread postby René » 5 March 2021, 19:00

There can be an urge to (not all the time). To some extent, you choose whether to give in to that urge. For me, as a bottom especially, it serves as a feedback mechanism, letting the top know he's doing a good job and he should consider doing more of whatever he's doing, like a partly involuntary thumbs-up. :D

It can signal either pleasure or discomfort, providing valuable information to one's partner(s).

Can also happen during masturbating, but it would take an exceptionally good orgasm for me to moan in that case. Definitely more likely during actual sex with another person.

I have a relatively deep voice so my moaning would be pretty low-pitched, which is good because you don't want to sound like a girl/banshee. :lol:

Moaning in porn, especially professional porn, often seems excessive, fake and annoying. From the few unfortunate glimpses I've gotten of porn involving women, they are the absolute worst and (like many other things) make me glad to be gay.

Amateur gay porn is generally more real/realistic. Genuine moaning can be a big turn-on. As long as you don't end up sounding like a girl. :P

Silent sex is boring sex. If it doesn't create any noise (voiced and otherwise), there's not much of interest going on, in my opinion.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 7409
+1s received: 2619
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Do People Moan in Real Life?

Unread postby Marmaduke » 5 March 2021, 19:07

Sex is an intimate and deeply communicative process, it just so happens that communication is often times not verbal so much as oral. It’s not an involuntary process, but more a natural desire to communicate resolved within a context where extended verbal repartee is perhaps not conducive to the mood. Moaning is easy, it allows you to express engagement, enjoyment, discomfort, encouragement, a whole gamut, and it doesn’t let things like kissing or your face being in a pillow stop you expressing yourself.

Eventually, I’m sure, you’ll find your way to sleeping with someone. When you do, don’t over-think. It’ll come naturally. It’s hard-wired nature at work. At the end of the day, you’re just an ape that wants to facilitate as much exchange of genetic material as you can. It’s just some wires got crossed and you’re exchanging them in fashions not conducive to the propagation of the species.
User avatar
Marmaduke
 
Posts: 8111
+1s received: 2974
Joined: 23 December 2012, 17:56
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Do People Moan in Real Life?

Unread postby rogonandi » 5 March 2021, 19:18

If the sex is good people will often moan in pleasure. It’s also a good way to spur your partner on. :)
Image
rogonandi
 
Posts: 1942
+1s received: 1306
Joined: 12 May 2016, 10:02
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada (ca)

Re: Do People Moan in Real Life?

Unread postby mysterygoldfish » 6 March 2021, 17:04

Raynethemagi wrote:That's a good question, I don't really know. I don't like watching "professional porn," because that's what those guys are. They are actors, and their job is to put on a show for you. I'm not saying that some of these guys aren't gay, but they are actors so keep that in mind. When I watch porn, I usually watch Amateur porn, because to me that's hotter than the rubbish professional porn is. But to answer your question, I don't really know. I would hope they would do it because it's completely pleasurable and not just to make sure the other person is satisfied. Sex is a 2 way deal, it's supposed to be good for both parties. So yeah, no idea.


Thank you for responding :)

I agree with your take on professional porn, I too find it the opposite of hot. I am especially not into geese. I have actually not watched porn videos, professional or amateur, in years. What has just stuck in my memory the most is the bizarre, scaring and crazy loud moaning.

I hope that people don't do it to that extent in real life.
If I was lucky enough to actually get with someone eventually and the start making crazy-loud, bird call moans I would be tempted to throw them out the window. (I am joking, of course. I don't plan on actually maiming or killing anyone.)
ImageImageImage
User avatar
mysterygoldfish
 
Posts: 36
+1s received: 16
Joined: 23 February 2021, 14:43
Location: my school/my parent's basement

Re: Do People Moan in Real Life?

Unread postby mysterygoldfish » 6 March 2021, 17:20

Thank you for replying. :)
René wrote:There can be an urge to (not all the time). To some extent, you choose whether to give in to that urge.

Is this a decision that is made somewhat subconsciously or do you consciously make the decision to go with it?


René wrote:For me, as a bottom especially, it serves as a feedback mechanism, letting the top know he's doing a good job and he should consider doing more of whatever he's doing, like a partly involuntary thumbs-up. :D

It can signal either pleasure or discomfort, providing valuable information to one's partner(s).

I am sorry if this is a really silly question; does the person on top moan as as well? If so is it for the same reason? How does one tell the meaning of a moan? Is it just not moaning when it isn't good and moaning when it is?
Is it ever normal practice to just tell the other person verbally, especially if there is discomfort, or do people generally not really do that (of course, I assume all of this varies from person to person. I am asking in what is most common, if that makes sense.)?


René wrote:As long as you don't end up sounding like a girl. :P

That would be embarrassing. :P
ImageImageImage
User avatar
mysterygoldfish
 
Posts: 36
+1s received: 16
Joined: 23 February 2021, 14:43
Location: my school/my parent's basement

Re: Do People Moan in Real Life?

Unread postby Nicholas » 6 March 2021, 18:09

I shout “bombs away” as I climax, does that count?
Rocket_raccoon wrote:and Marmaduke you are a bitch.
User avatar
Nicholas
 
Posts: 1185
+1s received: 59
Joined: 31 March 2014, 18:33
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Do People Moan in Real Life?

Unread postby René » 6 March 2021, 18:33

mysterygoldfish wrote:
René wrote:There can be an urge to (not all the time). To some extent, you choose whether to give in to that urge.

Is this a decision that is made somewhat subconsciously or do you consciously make the decision to go with it?

I guess I experience it kind of like breathing: semi-automatic, sort of a default, but if you think about it you can generally control it (inhibit it or dial it up or down). I would say, though, that good sex makes it hard to stay quiet. :D

mysterygoldfish wrote:
René wrote:For me, as a bottom especially, it serves as a feedback mechanism, letting the top know he's doing a good job and he should consider doing more of whatever he's doing, like a partly involuntary thumbs-up. :D

It can signal either pleasure or discomfort, providing valuable information to one's partner(s).

I am sorry if this is a really silly question; does the person on top moan as as well? If so is it for the same reason? How does one tell the meaning of a moan? Is it just not moaning when it isn't good and moaning when it is?
Is it ever normal practice to just tell the other person verbally, especially if there is discomfort, or do people generally not really do that (of course, I assume all of this varies from person to person. I am asking in what is most common, if that makes sense.)?

Tops shouldn't be too quiet either IMO, but they would be different kinds of sounds, the kinds that come naturally when you're thrusting into someone (physically influenced by the motions involved). :D

Same reason to some extent. It's non-verbal communication. It's part of the difference between having sex with a person and having sex with a robot. :P It tells you the other guy is feeling something; that it's not just mechanical.

It's hard to explain in words, but as a human being in the situation itself, it should not be too hard to pick up on whether someone is in distress. Certainly being in pain will tend to sound more like "ow" or "ouch". And of course you get other cues too, like facial expressions and indeed words.

Yes, it would be perfectly normal to say stuff like "That feels good" or "That kinda hurts", and if it feels like something is wrong, you should definitely tell the other person to stop or pull out (and obviously he's legally required to do so, otherwise it's rape).
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 7409
+1s received: 2619
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Maryland, USA / Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Do People Moan in Real Life?

Unread postby poolerboy0077 » 6 March 2021, 19:13

I just came across a post on Reddit asking why some men moan while taking a shit in public restroom. I’m not sure if there’s a link between what you’re talking about and this but thought I’d bring it up for discussion.
Blow: "Nowadays even Liam can release an album of his screechy vocals and it'll probably go #1..."
Ramzus: I can admit that I'm horny just about 24/7
homomorphism: I used to not think your name was deshay and that Erick was just being racist
Hunter: sometimes I think I was literally born to be a pornstar
User avatar
poolerboy0077
 
Posts: 9577
+1s received: 2604
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:20
Country: United States (us)

Re: Do People Moan in Real Life?

Unread postby Marmaduke » 6 March 2021, 19:19

Any man who electively shits in a public restroom has found himself faced with a crisis that would preclude him from being counted towards a measure of “normal” behaviour.
User avatar
Marmaduke
 
Posts: 8111
+1s received: 2974
Joined: 23 December 2012, 17:56
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Do People Moan in Real Life?

Unread postby poolerboy0077 » 6 March 2021, 23:24

It must be nice to be so privileged to have a national diet of breaded fish and beer as opposed to hot chili peppers, beans and tripe.
Blow: "Nowadays even Liam can release an album of his screechy vocals and it'll probably go #1..."
Ramzus: I can admit that I'm horny just about 24/7
homomorphism: I used to not think your name was deshay and that Erick was just being racist
Hunter: sometimes I think I was literally born to be a pornstar
User avatar
poolerboy0077
 
Posts: 9577
+1s received: 2604
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:20
Country: United States (us)

Re: Do People Moan in Real Life?

Unread postby Magic J » 6 March 2021, 23:41

Marmaduke wrote:Any man who electively shits in a public restroom has found himself faced with a crisis that would preclude him from being counted towards a measure of “normal” behaviour.

But I thought you loved poopin at work? I feel like I can't trust anything you say. :shake:

OT: Yeah, if you're doing your job right. :P A concise way of saying "more of that, please". Generally not with the level of enthusiasm that porn actors manage to muster, though, no. Unless you're my upstairs neighbors. It's ridic. She's defo faking it.
Keep It Tidy
User avatar
Magic J
 
Posts: 1692
+1s received: 1299
Joined: 20 December 2012, 23:06
Location: Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Do People Moan in Real Life?

Unread postby Jryski » 14 March 2021, 14:50

I love the natural sounds that sex can bring out of a person. Fake learned porn sounds are a turn off for me though. As for shitting and moaning..... Maybe it’s like you really had to pee really bad and you’ve been holding it cuz you were in traffic. When you finally get to a bathroom to let it out you’re just like, unnnnngfhhhhh! Iuno if it’s like that maybe?
User avatar
Jryski
 
Posts: 835
+1s received: 542
Joined: 6 May 2019, 10:00

Re: Do People Moan in Real Life?

Unread postby betonhaus » 14 March 2021, 15:32

I'm naturally *really* quiet during sex so I have to remind myself to communicate, and I'm really shitty at dirty talk and trying starts putting me into thinking mode and out of the mood (which raises my stamina a bit too much). I'll mirror dirty talk back but I might as well be talking about the weather or making a grocery list.
User avatar
betonhaus
 
Posts: 174
+1s received: 66
Joined: 14 January 2019, 00:09

Re: Do People Moan in Real Life?

Unread postby Jryski » 14 March 2021, 16:01

betonhaus wrote:I'm naturally *really* quiet during sex so I have to remind myself to communicate, and I'm really shitty at dirty talk and trying starts putting me into thinking mode and out of the mood (which raises my stamina a bit too much). I'll mirror dirty talk back but I might as well be talking about the weather or making a grocery list.

Lol dirty talk is a turn off for me and always makes me laugh.
User avatar
Jryski
 
Posts: 835
+1s received: 542
Joined: 6 May 2019, 10:00

Re: Do People Moan in Real Life?

Unread postby Sam9x » 15 March 2021, 11:11

Depends , moaning is a natural reaction of the body, if he does it slow and soft I don't moan , if he goes hard and deep I probably will , it's not a choice ..... I don't know what type of people fake their orgasms in bed , maybe women and actors ....
Sam9x
 
Posts: 10
+1s received: 1
Joined: 15 April 2020, 04:36

Re: Do People Moan in Real Life?

Unread postby Twilight66 » 3 April 2021, 23:56

I find it hard to keep from moaning (not that I want to) when I am approaching a climax, or the sensations are overwhelming; not a loud moan, but one that comes naturally when I find my body is experiencing such intense pleasure. As a bottom, I also sometimes maybe not moan but make a satisfied sound when I feel my partner climax in my mouth or down below, expressing my happiness that I was able to bring him so much pleasure.
Twilight66
 
Posts: 42
+1s received: 6
Joined: 15 November 2020, 04:31
Country: United States (us)

Re: Do People Moan in Real Life?

Unread postby weedan » 4 April 2021, 23:03

Im normally quiet when having sex as well, i do have to remember to be vocal with a couple of guys i know as they do like that. Although sometimes hard with one either end
You are unique, just like everybody else.
User avatar
weedan
 
Posts: 31
+1s received: 11
Joined: 27 July 2020, 00:24
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Do People Moan in Real Life?

Unread postby McTaggartfan » 5 April 2021, 00:40

I tend to be exceedingly quiet and, as far as I can recall, I've never moaned while having sex.
User avatar
McTaggartfan
 
Posts: 205
+1s received: 77
Joined: 7 February 2021, 02:12
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States (us)

Next

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CommonCrawl [Bot], Google [Bot], Limonkasl, Twilight66 and 271 guests