Is sexual interest in minors wrong?

Share stories, ask questions, get answers.

Is sexual interest in minors wrong?

Unread postby Mismo » 7 January 2019, 10:45

When I was 18+, I was often attracted to younger boys. Not a problem anymore, but then I was an ephebophile and wasn't sure, if it is normal or not.

What is the cultural attitude about ephebophilia in your country now?
Last edited by Mismo on 31 May 2019, 07:12, edited 1 time in total.
Mismo
 
Posts: 5
+1s received: 1
Joined: 7 January 2019, 10:24

Re: Is sexual interest in minors wrong?

Unread postby BlackBoi666 » 7 January 2019, 11:32

being attracted to teenagers is normal. but being attracted to pre-teens isn't.
User avatar
BlackBoi666
 
Posts: 194
+1s received: 49
Joined: 15 November 2018, 04:34
Location: Mississippi
Country: United States (us)

Re: Is sexual interest in minors wrong?

Unread postby Aunty Eva » 7 January 2019, 11:57

Finding someone attractive, and finding something sexual is a different thing. You can appreciate the attractiveness of someone without it being sexual. If you say for example a 14-year-old is attractive, that's actually fine. You are just acknowledging that they have attractive features. If you were to say that a 14-year-old was sexy and you would pursue a sexual relationship with that person then that is wrong.

A child is a child and should not be seen sexually, in fact, that is why the law stands. Finding someone attractive and finding someone sexually attractive are actually two different things.
Aunty Eva
 
Posts: 33
+1s received: 17
Joined: 30 December 2018, 01:26
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Is sexual interest in minors wrong?

Unread postby GearFetTwinkRomance » 7 January 2019, 17:49

Teenagers being attracted to teenagers would be natural or normal, if you would call it that. Ephebophile depends - as first on the law of consent and mutual love/attraction. This may differ from country to country and person to person, as well. As some considered still a teenager can be very grown in their mindset and others get there rather late. So I guess some laws would allow, for example, an 18-yearold to be in love with someone 16-yearold, while other countries laws would consider this illegal.

It's not normal to feel sexual or romantic attraction toward minors, meaning children, as they are not even able to conduct a consenting mindset, nor are they matter to sexual interest to anyone. I think there are help programmes available for people who feel toward that kind of disorder.

I'm not even certain, whether it is normal to like people from ages 20-30 if one's double that age, though. When I was younger, I thought it would come along with age, that one would like these at about the same age. But it hasn't changed. So I wonder, same disorder, just different age range?
If ya want to hang with me, let's go windsurfing!
User avatar
GearFetTwinkRomance
 
Posts: 626
+1s received: 235
Joined: 8 January 2018, 10:08
Location: Seashore Baltic "dolphin bay"
Country: Germany (de)

Re: Is sexual interest in minors wrong?

Unread postby PopTart » 7 January 2019, 18:41

I'm very wary of branding any sexual attraction a disorder, there was once a time we would have been branded as suffering from a disorder.

Not a door I'd like to open or a period in time I'd like revisited.
ImageImage
User avatar
PopTart
 
Posts: 2526
+1s received: 2120
Joined: 12 December 2017, 11:15
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Is sexual interest in minors wrong?

Unread postby GearFetTwinkRomance » 7 January 2019, 19:00

PopTart wrote:I'm very wary of branding any sexual attraction a disorder, there was once a time we would have been branded as suffering from a disorder.

Not a door I'd like to open or a period in time I'd like revisited.


Well, in psychiatric terms they see this rather differing:

DSM-5 Category: Paraphilic Disorders
Introduction

Pedophilic Disorder is a DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fifth edition), diagnosis assigned to adults ( defined as age 16 and up) who have sexual desire for prepubescent children (American Psychiatric Association, 2013a).Any behavioral expression of Pedophilic Disorder is a criminal offense in the United States, Canada, and Europe, as well as most other places in the world. Some authors differentiate between having deviant desires for children which are ego-dystonic and resisted, causing guilt, shame, and distress, vs. desires which are indulged through fantasy, associating with other pedophiles, possession and trading of pornographic images, or direct observation, self-exposure, or physical contact with a victim (Harvard University, 2010; Vachss, 2013). Pedophilic Disorder is highly treatment resistant and rates of recidivism have been estimated to be 25% -50%, (Harvard University, 2010) This is inconclusive however, as this figure is more accurately described as 25 % to 50% are arrested for child sexual abuse, and an unknown number re-offend but do not come to the attention of law enforcement. For the victim of the offense, it tends to be very psychologically damaging, and can produce long term psychosexual problems, and PTSD (Post- traumatic Stress Disorder).


This one's interesting, too:
http://go.galegroup.com/ps/anonymous?id ... =AONE&sw=w

But then, most paraphilia regarding fetishes, for example, makes them a disorder, just the same. Being in love with someone's leather jacket, the like... :shrug:
If ya want to hang with me, let's go windsurfing!
User avatar
GearFetTwinkRomance
 
Posts: 626
+1s received: 235
Joined: 8 January 2018, 10:08
Location: Seashore Baltic "dolphin bay"
Country: Germany (de)

Re: Is sexual interest in minors wrong?

Unread postby Mismo » 7 January 2019, 20:16

GearFetTwinkRomance wrote:But then, most paraphilia regarding fetishes, for example, makes them a disorder, just the same. Being in love with someone's leather jacket, the like... :shrug:


If we talk about fetishes, then breast fetishism is still very "normal" for straight men. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breast_fetishism
Mismo
 
Posts: 5
+1s received: 1
Joined: 7 January 2019, 10:24

Re: Is sexual interest in minors wrong?

Unread postby mxguy01 » 7 January 2019, 23:32

Funny, I always attributed my lack of interest in breast to the fact I was gay. Who knew I just was not suffering some disorder straights are common cursed with.
---
I love to travel but hate to arrive -- Albert Einstein
---
The only thing worse than an Did Not Finish (DNF) is an Did Not Start (DNS). ~~ Me
---
It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness. ~~ Chinese fortune cookie
User avatar
mxguy01
 
Posts: 3851
+1s received: 1879
Joined: 23 October 2017, 23:12
Location: NorCal
Country: United States (us)

Re: Is sexual interest in minors wrong?

Unread postby Mismo » 8 January 2019, 09:22

mxguy01 wrote:Who knew I just was not suffering some disorder straights are common cursed with.


Maybe it is wrong to call it a disorder, because it is something that evolution has favored.
Mismo
 
Posts: 5
+1s received: 1
Joined: 7 January 2019, 10:24

Re: Is sexual interest in minors wrong?

Unread postby mxguy01 » 8 January 2019, 14:52

BlackBoi666 wrote:being attracted to teenagers is normal. but being attracted to pre-teens isn't.


Being sexually attracted to teenagers is normal for teenagers. Not normal for mature adults IMO.
---
I love to travel but hate to arrive -- Albert Einstein
---
The only thing worse than an Did Not Finish (DNF) is an Did Not Start (DNS). ~~ Me
---
It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness. ~~ Chinese fortune cookie
User avatar
mxguy01
 
Posts: 3851
+1s received: 1879
Joined: 23 October 2017, 23:12
Location: NorCal
Country: United States (us)

Re: Is sexual interest in minors wrong?

Unread postby Mismo » 8 January 2019, 16:27

Probably the social norms are more conservative in the US, also the age of consent is higher, than in most of the European countries.
Mismo
 
Posts: 5
+1s received: 1
Joined: 7 January 2019, 10:24

Re: Is sexual interest in minors wrong?

Unread postby BlackBoi666 » 9 January 2019, 00:05

mxguy01 wrote:
BlackBoi666 wrote:being attracted to teenagers is normal. but being attracted to pre-teens isn't.


Being sexually attracted to teenagers is normal for teenagers. Not normal for mature adults IMO.

I disagree. teens love sex. :heart:
User avatar
BlackBoi666
 
Posts: 194
+1s received: 49
Joined: 15 November 2018, 04:34
Location: Mississippi
Country: United States (us)

Re: Is sexual interest in minors wrong?

Unread postby uncut7in » 30 May 2019, 16:17

I do find young guys sexually attractive. I have had sex with teenagers when I was a great deal older than them; some will disapprove, though they were of legal age, were consenting, in fact were the ones doing the chasing. I don't see a problem with that.
uncut7in
 
Posts: 87
+1s received: 25
Joined: 6 November 2016, 19:16
Location: Cambridge
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Is sexual interest in minors wrong?

Unread postby Eryx » 30 May 2019, 16:59

Legal age in Brazil is 14, but I think that should be changed at least to 16. I see no problem with smaller age gaps like 16~22, but it gets increasingly odd as the gap grows larger. Personally, the whole thing irks me out, but the law is the law, so...
Image

Image Image

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
— Harlan Ellison
User avatar
Eryx
 
Posts: 1692
+1s received: 744
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:48
Location: Belo Horizonte, MG
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: Is sexual interest in minors wrong?

Unread postby Yeauxleaux » 30 May 2019, 21:45

Eryx wrote:Legal age in Brazil is 14, but I think that should be changed at least to 16. I see no problem with smaller age gaps like 16~22, but it gets increasingly odd as the gap grows larger. Personally, the whole thing irks me out, but the law is the law, so...
I think there should be multiple ages of consent, if that makes sense

So like...

An age of consent for say 14 year olds having sex with other similar-aged teenagers.
A second age of consent for like 18 year olds, that people significantly older than that shouldn't cross and go below.

I don't think anyone gives a shit if say a 17 year old has sex with a 15 year old. They're not drastically different ages and likely their amount of sexual experience wouldn't be too different. Teens are interested in sex and they're attracted to other young teenagers within their peer group. The vast majority grow out of that by the time they're in their 20s, we all did ourselves probably, I liked other teen boys my age when I was 16 but now I have no interest in boys that age. However the idea of a fully sexually mature 20-something or older pursuing a young, vulnerable inexperienced teen and taking advantage of their lack of experience and knowledge IS creepy.

When it comes to like actual pre-teens, it is impossible for a child to consent to anything. They have no awareness of the sexual act or of the implications (and potential consequences) of deciding to have sex with someone. I don't really understand how they could possibly be seen as sexy anyway, they have no developed sexual characteristics or sex hormones whatsoever.

Speaking from my perspective though, just speaking for myself, I am attracted to quite exaggerated male sex characteristics on other men - I like facial hair and body hair (the thicker the better, to an extreme point anyway), broad stocky build, strong facial features etc. I have a very strong preference for that kind of look and let's be real, it's exceptionally rare a teen boy under say 17 has already developed that.
User avatar
Yeauxleaux
 
Posts: 1447
+1s received: 546
Joined: 27 November 2015, 21:06
Location: United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Is sexual interest in minors wrong?

Unread postby René » 30 May 2019, 22:32

GearFetTwinkRomance wrote:
PopTart wrote:I'm very wary of branding any sexual attraction a disorder, there was once a time we would have been branded as suffering from a disorder.

Not a door I'd like to open or a period in time I'd like revisited.

Well, in psychiatric terms they see this rather differing:

DSM-5 Category: Paraphilic Disorders
Introduction

Pedophilic Disorder is a DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fifth edition), diagnosis assigned to adults ( defined as age 16 and up) who have sexual desire for prepubescent children (American Psychiatric Association, 2013a).Any behavioral expression of Pedophilic Disorder is a criminal offense in the United States, Canada, and Europe, as well as most other places in the world. Some authors differentiate between having deviant desires for children which are ego-dystonic and resisted, causing guilt, shame, and distress, vs. desires which are indulged through fantasy, associating with other pedophiles, possession and trading of pornographic images, or direct observation, self-exposure, or physical contact with a victim (Harvard University, 2010; Vachss, 2013). Pedophilic Disorder is highly treatment resistant and rates of recidivism have been estimated to be 25% -50%, (Harvard University, 2010) This is inconclusive however, as this figure is more accurately described as 25 % to 50% are arrested for child sexual abuse, and an unknown number re-offend but do not come to the attention of law enforcement. For the victim of the offense, it tends to be very psychologically damaging, and can produce long term psychosexual problems, and PTSD (Post- traumatic Stress Disorder).


This one's interesting, too:
http://go.galegroup.com/ps/anonymous?id ... =AONE&sw=w

But then, most paraphilia regarding fetishes, for example, makes them a disorder, just the same. Being in love with someone's leather jacket, the like... :shrug:

Um, no? AFAIK recent versions of the DSM do not consider these things disorders if they don't actually lead to anything happening with a prepubescent child and also don't cause the person any distress or interpersonal difficulties.

mxguy01 wrote:
BlackBoi666 wrote:being attracted to teenagers is normal. but being attracted to pre-teens isn't.

Being sexually attracted to teenagers is normal for teenagers. Not normal for mature adults IMO.

It's much more common than is often acknowledged. I don't remember exactly and don't have time to look up the details, but I think a meta-analysis indicated it's something like 20% of adult men being attracted to under-18s as much as or more than they are to other adults.

Anyway, I don't think an attraction can be morally wrong, because it's not an action. We can't judge feelings. And I don't think it's in any way beneficial to make people feel like they're evil for something they can't control.
ImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 4475
+1s received: 1019
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: Is sexual interest in minors wrong?

Unread postby JoelR » 30 May 2019, 23:59

Let me put a spin on it, and ask what about collecting photos and artwork of underage guys? (Also, blame the Japanese and all of their weird fetishes LOL).
User avatar
JoelR
 
Posts: 23
+1s received: 4
Joined: 10 September 2017, 01:29
Location: San Francisco, USA
Country: United States (us)

Re: Is sexual interest in minors wrong?

Unread postby Eryx » 31 May 2019, 00:32

Yeah, I'm leaving this thread now.
Image

Image Image

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
— Harlan Ellison
User avatar
Eryx
 
Posts: 1692
+1s received: 744
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:48
Location: Belo Horizonte, MG
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: Is sexual interest in minors wrong?

Unread postby JoelR » 31 May 2019, 00:59

Eryx wrote:Yeah, I'm leaving this thread now.


You could have just ... left this thread :pfft:
User avatar
JoelR
 
Posts: 23
+1s received: 4
Joined: 10 September 2017, 01:29
Location: San Francisco, USA
Country: United States (us)

Re: Is sexual interest in minors wrong?

Unread postby Derek » 31 May 2019, 01:04

adonismale wrote:
Eryx wrote:Yeah, I'm leaving this thread now.


You could have just ... left this thread :pfft:

I'll say. You know when the police have evidence that someone is in possession of child pornography and they arrest him because the sexual exploitation of children is one of the most heinous crimes a person can commit? Like, why can't they just mind their own business?
User avatar
Derek
 
Posts: 5289
+1s received: 1438
Joined: 21 December 2012, 02:12
Country: United States (us)

Next

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Eos, Midlifewotsit, poolerboy0077, Yandex [Bot] and 112 guests