PIED

Share stories, ask questions, get answers.

PIED

Unread postby kenzie_matt » 29 January 2020, 10:32

Does/Has anyone here suffer(ed) from Porn-Induced Erectile Dysfunction (PIED)? I know this is what they all say, but really am asking for a friend.
He says he can't masturbate at all without porn now - just won't go up, no matter how horny he is or how long it's been since the last time he's had sex or jerked off.
Image Image
User avatar
kenzie_matt
 
Posts: 288
+1s received: 134
Joined: 25 September 2019, 12:59
Location: South Africa

Re: PIED

Unread postby René » 29 January 2020, 11:03

Having watched a lot of porn in the past, I've suffered from low libido (for which I've found a medical solution) but never erectile dysfunction.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 6479
+1s received: 2138
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland / Maryland, USA
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: PIED

Unread postby kenzie_matt » 29 January 2020, 11:06

René wrote:Having watched a lot of porn in the past, I've suffered from low libido (for which I've found a medical solution) but never erectile dysfunction.

What's the medical solution, if you don't mind sharing?
Image Image
User avatar
kenzie_matt
 
Posts: 288
+1s received: 134
Joined: 25 September 2019, 12:59
Location: South Africa

Re: PIED

Unread postby René » 29 January 2020, 11:43

kenzie_matt wrote:
René wrote:Having watched a lot of porn in the past, I've suffered from low libido (for which I've found a medical solution) but never erectile dysfunction.

What's the medical solution, if you don't mind sharing?

Low doses of cabergoline (0.125 mg before bed; note this is not associated with the risk of valvular heart disease found with the much, much higher doses used in some countries to treat Parkinson's Disease) to lower the level of prolactin in the blood. Prolactin is a hormone that reduces libido. Whenever I got my prolactin tested, it was near the top of the "reference range". Unfortunately doctors never picked up on that because as long as it's technically within the reference range they think it's totally normal and harmless :oface: but I realised later while reviewing old test results that it could have been the cause of my low libido, and sure enough, once I started taking cabergoline (which is really great at lowering prolactin levels), my libido increased to a level that is more normal for a guy my age.

Note the low libido was not necessarily caused by watching porn; I think it was already there to begin with, though it may have worsened.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 6479
+1s received: 2138
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland / Maryland, USA
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: PIED

Unread postby kenzie_matt » 29 January 2020, 12:04

Thanks for sharing :)
René wrote:Unfortunately doctors never picked up on that because as long as it's technically within the reference range they think it's totally normal and harmless :oface:

It's really sad that this happened in the first place. The least they should have done was point it out to you and ask if you'd like to try something to adjust it. Was a low libido the reason you went for the testing in the first place, or was it something else? (No need to answer if it's too personal :hug: )
Image Image
User avatar
kenzie_matt
 
Posts: 288
+1s received: 134
Joined: 25 September 2019, 12:59
Location: South Africa

Re: PIED

Unread postby Eryx » 29 January 2020, 13:00

René wrote:cabergoline
Would you say this could be helpful for retarded ejaculation? I know someone who's been having issues with this due to the sleeping pills he has to take and it would be great news for him.
Image

Image Image Image

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
— Harlan Ellison
User avatar
Eryx
 
Posts: 2715
+1s received: 1681
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:48
Location: Belo Horizonte, MG
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: PIED

Unread postby René » 29 January 2020, 14:38

kenzie_matt wrote:Thanks for sharing :)
René wrote:Unfortunately doctors never picked up on that because as long as it's technically within the reference range they think it's totally normal and harmless :oface:

It's really sad that this happened in the first place. The least they should have done was point it out to you and ask if you'd like to try something to adjust it. Was a low libido the reason you went for the testing in the first place, or was it something else? (No need to answer if it's too personal :hug: )

That's fine :keke:
It was the main reason I requested the tests and was noted on the lab request.

Eryx wrote:
René wrote:cabergoline

Would you say this could be helpful for retarded ejaculation? I know someone who's been having issues with this due to the sleeping pills he has to take and it would be great news for him.

I imagine it could be! It also tends to shorten the refractory period a lot.

What sleeping pills is he taking? Not benzodiazepines I hope? Long-term use of those is associated with an increased risk of developing dementia later in life and many other problems. If a powerful sleep aid is required, I much prefer to give a low dose of doxepin (3 or 6 mg is typical for adults, but even 1 or 0.5 mg can be effective), which is mostly free of side effects at these doses and can be used long-term (maintained effectiveness throughout clinical trials that lasted for several months) without occurrence of tolerance or rebound insomnia upon cessation.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 6479
+1s received: 2138
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland / Maryland, USA
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: PIED

Unread postby Eryx » 29 January 2020, 15:58

Huh, I thought it was actually for sleeping, but it's called Donaren and it's apparently for anxiety and depression. In his case, I assume anxiety. He does take it before going to bed though, doesn't seem to be able to sleep for more than four or five hours if he doesn't take it.

Apparently it's based on Trazodone.
Image

Image Image Image

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
— Harlan Ellison
User avatar
Eryx
 
Posts: 2715
+1s received: 1681
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:48
Location: Belo Horizonte, MG
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: PIED

Unread postby René » 29 January 2020, 16:10

Eryx wrote:Huh, I thought it was actually for sleeping, but it's called Donaren and it's apparently for anxiety and depression. In his case, I assume anxiety. He does take it before going to bed though, doesn't seem to be able to sleep for more than four or five hours if he doesn't take it.

Apparently it's based on Trazodone.

Donaren seems to be a brand name for trazodone used in Brazil.

I'm not a fan of trazodone because it is very sedating meaning you have to take it at night while at the same time it gets metabolised by the body into meta-chlorophenylpiperazine (mCPP), which actually disrupts sleep and causes depression and anxiety as well as headaches. And your body does adapt to it so after a while you'll get insomnia if you stop taking it. It's all far from ideal.

Ironically, that mCPP metabolite is actually an illegal drug in Brazil. So your body turns Donaren into this nasty illegal drug :P

I hope it at least solves his mood problem!
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 6479
+1s received: 2138
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland / Maryland, USA
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: PIED

Unread postby Eryx » 29 January 2020, 17:29

Thanks, this was all very informative and helpful!
Image

Image Image Image

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
— Harlan Ellison
User avatar
Eryx
 
Posts: 2715
+1s received: 1681
Joined: 20 December 2012, 21:48
Location: Belo Horizonte, MG
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: PIED

Unread postby kenzie_matt » 30 January 2020, 05:51

Thanks René :) Will look into it this side
Image Image
User avatar
kenzie_matt
 
Posts: 288
+1s received: 134
Joined: 25 September 2019, 12:59
Location: South Africa

Re: PIED

Unread postby rogonandi » 30 January 2020, 07:41

Ironically porn more often than not causes me to lose my erection. The only thing that works these days is either actively having sex or my imagination. :shrug:
Image
User avatar
rogonandi
 
Posts: 1740
+1s received: 1200
Joined: 12 May 2016, 10:02
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada (ca)

Re: PIED

Unread postby MikeBones » 8 February 2020, 01:40

kenzie_matt wrote:
René wrote:Having watched a lot of porn in the past, I've suffered from low libido (for which I've found a medical solution) but never erectile dysfunction.

What's the medical solution, if you don't mind sharing?


I use to have low libido too, but for those ones that prefer stay natural, I managed to increased with a combination of maca, tribulus and L-Arginine. I didn't wanted to take any chemical medicament, I just wanted stay with natural products, I'm a really health concern person. So I did some some researches, and I found in [url]andryos.com[/url] that these products helps increases blood flow, increase libido and improve male sexual performance, all natural and in high concentrations, what that's good!! more herb concentration is better. I hope it helps.
MikeBones
 
Posts: 2
+1s received: 1
Joined: 8 February 2020, 01:35

Re: PIED

Unread postby René » 8 February 2020, 06:41

MikeBones wrote:L-Arginine

Have you tried L-citrulline malate as an alternative? That actually does a better job of raising the level of L-arginine in your blood than taking straight L-arginine does.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
René
Administrator
 
Posts: 6479
+1s received: 2138
Joined: 20 December 2012, 20:12
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland / Maryland, USA
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: PIED

Unread postby MikeBones » 8 February 2020, 22:20

René wrote:
MikeBones wrote:L-Arginine

Have you tried L-citrulline malate as an alternative? That actually does a better job of raising the level of L-arginine in your blood than taking straight L-arginine does.


Hi René, yes, indeed, I'm taking a product that has both, It has been very effective for me. l-arginine (as l-arginine hcl) 750 mg l-citrulline 250 mg.

https://andryos.com/products/l-arginine-l-citrulline-1000-mg-120-tab
MikeBones
 
Posts: 2
+1s received: 1
Joined: 8 February 2020, 01:35


Recently active
Users browsing this forum: #37buffdude, Bing [Bot], CommonCrawl [Bot], Nickr and 246 guests