Page 37 of 38

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postPosted: 2 July 2020, 01:32
by René
goDXes wrote:A Takeya insulated water bottle. Apparently these things keep your water cold for a ridiculously long time!! For the price, I'd hope so

How much was it? :D

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postPosted: 2 July 2020, 01:34
by goDXes
René wrote:
goDXes wrote:A Takeya insulated water bottle. Apparently these things keep your water cold for a ridiculously long time!! For the price, I'd hope so

How much was it? :D


24oz bottle was $51 CAD

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postPosted: 2 July 2020, 14:47
by Ander1969
I recently bought one of those counter top air fryers. It uses just one teaspoon of oil but it really does work. The chicken was crispy on the outside and tender juicy on the inside. Best part is, they usually retail for over $100, but I scored this one, all brand new and in the box, never used, at Goodwill for only $15. Woo hoo!

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postPosted: 2 July 2020, 15:33
by ThatNomad
Holy crap that's a good deal! I have been considering getting one of those, but somehow, literally no one I knew had one to tell me if it was even worth it. If I'd ever seen one for that cheap I'd have just done it and chanced it being trash, haha.

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postPosted: 2 July 2020, 16:02
by swayinginthewind
A ZZ plant for my room. Can't take the boy out of the jungle, ya feel me?

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postPosted: 2 July 2020, 16:55
by Ander1969
ThatNomad wrote:Holy crap that's a good deal! I have been considering getting one of those, but somehow, literally no one I knew had one to tell me if it was even worth it. If I'd ever seen one for that cheap I'd have just done it and chanced it being trash, haha.

That's what I usually do, I takes me chances, but I've had pretty good luck lately. Last year my dish washer pooped out on me; it was only four years old. I went to the ReStore and got one for $30, a Kenmore Ultrawash, and it works brilliantly. Even better than the one I bought brand new for $700. I have been and will continue to be a HUGE thrift shopper.

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postPosted: 2 July 2020, 17:09
by ThatNomad
My boyfriend and I bought a dishwasher from the ReStore in 2015, paid I think $25 because it hadn't been inspected and tested. Brought it home, and it didn't work so we took it back, they gave us another and we've had it ever since. Not had a single problem with it from day one. I learned then and there, don't pay full price for something like that. It's just not worth what they are asking for them at this point.

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postPosted: 2 July 2020, 18:04
by Brenden
Considering that large appliances are the single most common causes of home fires, I'd personally not trust a second hand one purchased for so little at a charity shop that doesn't have an electrician test them. (The charity shop I used to volunteer for had a paid electrician testing electrical goods before they went out into the showroom.)

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postPosted: 2 July 2020, 18:26
by ThatNomad
That's a good point, but my boyfriend is well versed in such matters. He can test and check it all, and he does so before he ever installs anything. If it was just me by myself, it would be a different story.

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postPosted: 5 July 2020, 10:51
by JayR
I bought a new candle for my bathroom :)

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postPosted: 12 July 2020, 15:52
by kotek91
I've bought a new pack of dog food for our son:P) He's very happy right now. :applause:

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postPosted: 15 July 2020, 09:43
by Valso
Nothing yet but with a little bit of luck in 2 days I'll have a 128GB microSD card for my phone which is the maximum size it supports. More than enough to store all of my music, all the 10 seasons of "Stargate SG-1" and the 7 seasons of "The 100". On my phone subtitles are a little troublesome but the good news is that I don't need subtitles for American movies. :D So this year the vacation won't be as boring as the last summer's.

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postPosted: 15 July 2020, 09:45
by René
Valso wrote:Nothing yet but with a little bit of luck in 2 days I'll have a 128GB microSD card for my phone which is the maximum size it supports. More than enough to store all of my music, all the 10 seasons of "Stargate SG-1" and the 7 seasons of "The 100". On my phone subtitles are a little troublesome but the good news is that I don't need subtitles for American movies. :D So this year the vacation won't be as boring as the last summer's.

Stargate :heart:

Trouble with subtitles? Are you using MX Player? If not, try it. If that doesn't work, I guess there's VLC... but MX Player is really great.

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postPosted: 15 July 2020, 11:01
by Valso
René wrote:Trouble with subtitles? Are you using MX Player? If not, try it. If that doesn't work, I guess there's VLC... but MX Player is really great.

I use VLC but just today I downloaded mpv-android. As for subtitles, I need them only if the movie is in a language I don't speak which is every language that is NOT English or Bulgarian. But I won't upload such movies on the phone, so subs are not a problem.
I tried MX Player last year but it refused to open a mkv container, so I kicked its @ss and switched to VLC.

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postPosted: 15 July 2020, 11:21
by René
Valso wrote:
René wrote:Trouble with subtitles? Are you using MX Player? If not, try it. If that doesn't work, I guess there's VLC... but MX Player is really great.

I use VLC but just today I downloaded mpv-android. As for subtitles, I need them only if the movie is in a language I don't speak which is every language that is NOT English or Bulgarian. But I won't upload such movies on the phone, so subs are not a problem.
I tried MX Player last year but it refused to open a mkv container, so I kicked its @ss and switched to VLC.

Huh, I watch MKVs (with subtitles) all the time in MX Player.

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postPosted: 18 July 2020, 11:53
by Valso
I'm done with the electronics, now it's time to order a man replacement but I'm not sure whether this is the right topic to show it. :lol:

[Deleted]

Unread postPosted: 13 October 2020, 15:57
by jenny37
PostThis post was deleted by René on 13 October 2020, 16:24.
Reason: Spam

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postPosted: 14 November 2020, 19:18
by erti
Yesterday I bought some toys for the kids this Christmas. They're mainly small toys but once I get my money in december i'm going christmas shopping.

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postPosted: 5 August 2021, 00:43
by Subra
Some bondage toys for my bf's birthday next week.

Re: What's the last thing you bought?

Unread postPosted: 5 August 2021, 01:32
by McTaggartfan
Indian food and a box of wine.