Page 1 of 2

Dating Eastern Europe

Unread postPosted: 27 May 2020, 10:48
by ualerroix
Hi here, i have a question again.
If to suppose that you can meet a guy from Eastern Europe, would you like to date one? (Not me, this is my curiosity)
I mean, most people think women of EE are materialistic and look for a sponsor only, but what about men, is there some general opinion about us?
Could culture gap be the reason not to do it? Does language matter?
Maybe some of you had experience with this, so what could you say?

Re: Dating Eastern Europe

Unread postPosted: 27 May 2020, 14:21
by poolerboy0077
According to porn, their twinks sport narrow mullets and kiss by flicking the tips of their tongues. That’s the extent of my knowledge.

Re: Dating Eastern Europe

Unread postPosted: 27 May 2020, 16:12
by Choicespecs
poolerboy0077 wrote:According to porn, their twinks sport narrow mullets and kiss by flicking the tips of their tongues. That’s the extent of my knowledge.


Sounds valid to me.

Re: Dating Eastern Europe

Unread postPosted: 27 May 2020, 16:54
by ualerroix
poolerboy0077 wrote:According to porn, their twinks sport narrow mullets and kiss by flicking the tips of their tongues. That’s the extent of my knowledge.

That is far from real...

Re: Dating Eastern Europe

Unread postPosted: 27 May 2020, 17:18
by Severelius
I mean I find it almost physically impossible to hear a guy speak with an Eastern European accent and not get somewhat turned on, so I'd never rule out the possibility.

Re: Dating Eastern Europe

Unread postPosted: 27 May 2020, 17:25
by Eryx
The only gay guy I met from Eastern Europe was a Russian guy I met during a trip to Northeastern Brazil. He was with his Brazilian boyfriend and they would never take pictures together, only one would take of the other, and they wouldn't let anyone take one of them together. After my mom chatted them up a bit, we got to talking (we were at the same inn) and the Russian guy said that they couldn't take pictures because he worked for a Russian company and had to stay in the closet to preserve his job.

That didn't surprise me, what did was the fact that he said he agreed with this, and that his relationship didn't have any need to be publicized. He said Russians are very individualistic and that generally people don't talk about other people's relationships.

I mean, sure, Russians get the stereotype of being colder and whatever, but this seemed like a bit too much. I disagree with him that we shouldn't publicize things. Of course I don't mean I think we need to advertise our existence, but being able to introduce a husband and share some affection publicly isn't something I'm willing to trade off.

Anyway, that's the only personal interaction I had with an Eastern European gay dude. I don't think he's the best example though.

And sure, I'd date someone from Eastern Europe. The guys there are super cute and I love their accent speaking Portuguese.

Re: Dating Eastern Europe

Unread postPosted: 27 May 2020, 17:51
by harel
Nice to see you again.

Frankly speaking, I suppose that they in the West have somewhat less respect for Eastern Europeans (unless they are native speakers of English or are very successful). However, nobody will tell you this directly. I am not of your blood, but I observed this attitude living in a Western European country for a period of time. I hope to be wrong. Sometimes I watch travel vlogs on Youtube and I dislike the attitude of some people of the West, when they are on a trip to an Eastern European country. What I have seen so far is, for example, asking a Russian black-haired old woman about Baba Yaga folktales, laughing at a Russian old ladies' chorus etc.

However, some people in the West learn the Russian language (Slavic studies students etc.). They are more likely to be interested in a stable love relationship or making friends.

Re: Dating Eastern Europe

Unread postPosted: 27 May 2020, 18:49
by Magic J
harel wrote:However, some people in the West learn the Russian language (Slavic studies students etc.). They are more likely to be interested in a stable love relationship or making friends.

Понякога, научаваме другите езици също. Руски е малко трудно за мен. :P

Yeah, if I met a Eastern European guy I liked, I would go out with him. I could learn to like chalga.

I've quite a few friends from over there, actually. I enjoy the particularly dark sense of humour. The big stereotype is that guys put a lot of effort into behaving macho. Most of the guys I know are at least somewhat self-aware with the machismo, though, and can laugh at it. :P

Re: Dating Eastern Europe

Unread postPosted: 27 May 2020, 19:52
by poolerboy0077
ualerroix wrote:
poolerboy0077 wrote:According to porn, their twinks sport narrow mullets and kiss by flicking the tips of their tongues. That’s the extent of my knowledge.

That is far from real...

PornHub doesn’t lie. It’s far more accurate than Wikipedia.

Re: Dating Eastern Europe

Unread postPosted: 27 May 2020, 20:01
by Severelius
harel wrote:However, some people in the West learn the Russian language (Slavic studies students etc.). They are more likely to be interested in a stable love relationship or making friends.

If I had the chance to date an Eastern European guy AND learn Russian? Sold! I'm weirdly obsessed with Russia and Russian history at the moment so if I ever did learn a 2nd language I'd probably pick Russian anyway. Despite being part German. With a dad who can speak Italian.

Re: Dating Eastern Europe

Unread postPosted: 27 May 2020, 21:05
by ualerroix
harel wrote:Nice to see you again.

Frankly speaking, I suppose that they in the West have somewhat less respect for Eastern Europeans (unless they are native speakers of English or are very successful). However, nobody will tell you this directly. I am not of your blood, but I observed this attitude living in a Western European country for a period of time. I hope to be wrong. Sometimes I watch travel vlogs on Youtube and I dislike the attitude of some people of the West, when they are on a trip to an Eastern European country. What I have seen so far is, for example, asking a Russian black-haired old woman about Baba Yaga folktales, laughing at a Russian old ladies' chorus etc.

However, some people in the West learn the Russian language (Slavic studies students etc.). They are more likely to be interested in a stable love relationship or making friends.


Hi again :)

That has sometimes happened to me at dating sites. One guy asked me whether i have electricity in my home being on videochat with me.
Pretending as if he is pitying me.
That was stupid.
But generally i met rather nice dudes.

Re: Dating Eastern Europe

Unread postPosted: 27 May 2020, 21:09
by ualerroix
poolerboy0077 wrote:
ualerroix wrote:
poolerboy0077 wrote:According to porn, their twinks sport narrow mullets and kiss by flicking the tips of their tongues. That’s the extent of my knowledge.

That is far from real...

PornHub doesn’t lie. It’s far more accurate than Wikipedia.


If pornhub was true i would never leave my room.
But russian\EE porn is terrible in general, i dunno who can deliberately watch this :)

Re: Dating Eastern Europe

Unread postPosted: 27 May 2020, 21:17
by harel
ualerroix wrote:Could culture gap be the reason not to do it? Does language matter?

Look, in Israel almost 1/5 of the population are Russian speakers. So, it depends. If you meet a "Russian Israeli" (who I am not), the language does not matter at all.

poolerboy0077 wrote:According to porn, their twinks sport narrow mullets and kiss by flicking the tips of their tongues. That’s the extent of my knowledge.

Every non-native speaker is less likely to distinguish jokes from non-jokes. I have also problems with that. Sometimes.

Re: Dating Eastern Europe

Unread postPosted: 27 May 2020, 21:26
by Magic J

Leaving this here, because it's hilarious.

Re: Dating Eastern Europe

Unread postPosted: 27 May 2020, 21:49
by Severelius
ualerroix wrote:But russian\EE porn is terrible in general, i dunno who can deliberately watch this :)

:shifty:

Re: Dating Eastern Europe

Unread postPosted: 28 May 2020, 08:13
by ualerroix
Severelius wrote:
ualerroix wrote:But russian\EE porn is terrible in general, i dunno who can deliberately watch this :)

:shifty:

What? :)
I live in this daily. There's nothing charming about it. Real russian porn takes place with the carpet on the background, among soviet style furnishing and probably with a granny lying in next room. She could hear all the process, but she is paralyzed so she cannot complain. Paralyzed granny is there only because of her pension money, usually.
That happens not all the time and not with anyone, but i am russian living in ukraine, you can trust me :)

Re: Dating Eastern Europe

Unread postPosted: 28 May 2020, 16:14
by Eryx
Lol I could actually picture it.

Re: Dating Eastern Europe

Unread postPosted: 30 May 2020, 13:03
by ShutUpAndBeHappy
I'm of EE descent and have always really enjoyed my friends from those countries. I grew up with a bunch of kids whose parents were from Serbia. I think it would be a really fun time.

Re: Dating Eastern Europe

Unread postPosted: 31 May 2020, 22:07
by ualerroix
ShutUpAndBeHappy wrote:I'm of EE descent and have always really enjoyed my friends from those countries. I grew up with a bunch of kids whose parents were from Serbia. I think it would be a really fun time.

You speak Serbian? Or what is your native language?

Re: Dating Eastern Europe

Unread postPosted: 31 May 2020, 23:11
by ShutUpAndBeHappy
ualerroix wrote:
ShutUpAndBeHappy wrote:I'm of EE descent and have always really enjoyed my friends from those countries. I grew up with a bunch of kids whose parents were from Serbia. I think it would be a really fun time.

You speak Serbian? Or what is your native language?

Only church words. Lmao

I speak English, that is my native language. My grandparents spoke Polish and Ukrainian. I can get by with Ukrainian but I'm very proficient in Polish.