Page 25 of 28

Re: 2020 Presidential Election | General

Unread postPosted: 7 January 2021, 13:33
by Marmaduke
Gotta say, I’m disappointed. I went to bed looking forward to some nice juicy sensationalist journalism documenting the continuing escalation of hostilities at the ongoing Capitol insurgency. You don’t usually fail to deliver on that front, America.

Re: 2020 Presidential Election | General

Unread postPosted: 7 January 2021, 14:12
by Severelius
Don't worry Marmsy, they'll get another shot when the maniac brigade return to DC to 'protest' against the inauguration.

Re: 2020 Presidential Election | General

Unread postPosted: 7 January 2021, 17:35
by Brenden

Re: 2020 Presidential Election | General

Unread postPosted: 7 January 2021, 17:50
by Severelius
It's painfully obvious that if Trump isn't held legitimately accountable for this absolute fucking nightmare situation, then whoever the next Republican President ends up being is just going to try this again when they lose, but they'll be better at it from observing this attempt.

Re: 2020 Presidential Election | General

Unread postPosted: 7 January 2021, 18:20
by poolerboy0077
Severelius wrote:It's painfully obvious that if Trump isn't held legitimately accountable for this absolute fucking nightmare situation, then whoever the next Republican President ends up being is just going to try this again when they lose, but they'll be better at it from observing this attempt.

I have my money on Alex Jones running in 2024.

Re: 2020 Presidential Election | General

Unread postPosted: 7 January 2021, 18:56
by Severelius
If I could bet on it I'd bet on Hawley.

Re: 2020 Presidential Election | General

Unread postPosted: 7 January 2021, 20:18
by Derek
Severelius wrote:It's painfully obvious that if Trump isn't held legitimately accountable for this absolute fucking nightmare situation, then whoever the next Republican President ends up being is just going to try this again when they lose, but they'll be better at it from observing this attempt.

Try what again? Sending a bunch of hogs to beat on the glass of the Capitol and read Nancy Pelosi's emails? Why would that inspire imitators?

Here's my epic twitter leftist take. The sad thing about yesterday wasn't those hogs interrupting Congress. In fact, I think it kind of owns. The sad thing was Congress coming back a few hours later to stand up one at a time to say that "This isn't America" when it clearly fucking is, knowing full well that nothing will change, that this isn't a threat to them, and that none of this would be happening if it wasn't their job to funnel money from the people they represent up the corporate ladder.

poolerboy0077 wrote:I have my money on Alex Jones running in 2024.

Fingers crossed for Don Jr.

Re: 2020 Presidential Election | General

Unread postPosted: 7 January 2021, 22:44
by OutsideIn
A lot can happen in 4 years. I am far more concerned with the immediate future, like how they intend to fix the massive security problems before the inauguration.

Re: 2020 Presidential Election | General

Unread postPosted: 8 January 2021, 22:10
by poolerboy0077
What do you guys think will happen on the 20th? I feel like we should be making bets. I’m feeling lucky.

Re: 2020 Presidential Election | General

Unread postPosted: 8 January 2021, 23:57
by poolerboy0077
Ahahhahahahhahahahhahahaha he got permanently banned.

Anyone bet he’ll use one of his aid’s accounts?

Re: 2020 Presidential Election | General

Unread postPosted: 9 January 2021, 00:18
by Derek
Indefinitely, not permanently. You know how it is these days, people remember things for about a week.

poolerboy0077 wrote:What do you guys think will happen on the 20th? I feel like we should be making bets. I’m feeling lucky.

I feel like Wednesday closed the chapter. It's not the wacky antics of Trump, it's the quietly depressing reality of the democrats. We will have the world's most boring inauguration and nothing cool will ever happen again.

Re: 2020 Presidential Election | General

Unread postPosted: 9 January 2021, 01:47
by OutsideIn
The Washington Post has a video of the shooting inside the Capitol. Obviously use your own discretion as it is intense.

Re: 2020 Presidential Election | General

Unread postPosted: 9 January 2021, 02:53
by Derek

Re: 2020 Presidential Election | General

Unread postPosted: 9 January 2021, 12:13
by Severelius

I find myself strangely okay with the idea of arseholes like Lindsey Graham being hounded by these fucking maniacs for the rest of their political careers.

A nice reminder of why trying to control monsters for your own benefit is inevitably a doomed proposition because they will always turn on you.

Re: 2020 Presidential Election | General

Unread postPosted: 9 January 2021, 13:46
by Magic J
Severelius wrote:A nice reminder of why trying to control monsters for your own benefit is inevitably a doomed proposition because they will always turn on you.

Speaking of which, probably a wise decision from Mr Trump, finally admitting defeat. Given the path he's put his supporters on, and assuming the hypothetical that he did get a second term, they'd be liable to hang him three years in.

Re: 2020 Presidential Election | General

Unread postPosted: 9 January 2021, 13:54
by Severelius
Magic J wrote:
Severelius wrote:A nice reminder of why trying to control monsters for your own benefit is inevitably a doomed proposition because they will always turn on you.

Speaking of which, probably a wise decision from Mr Trump, finally admitting defeat. Given the path he's put his supporters on, and assuming the hypothetical that he did get a second term, they'd be liable to hang him three years in.

Sorry are you under the impression he chose to, or even wanted to, film that 'concession' video?

There's no way that was his idea or he thought it was the right thing to do. More likely he was told by his aides or White House counsel that he needed to do it to cover his own arse from a legal standpoint.

He still thinks he won. He still wants his supporters to think he won. He still wants them angry about it. He just doesn't want to face any of the consequences himself for his role in inciting a riot.

Re: 2020 Presidential Election | General

Unread postPosted: 10 January 2021, 01:37
by Derek
Oh no :(

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/feds-arrest ... pitol-riot

I hope I can count on all of you to contribute to the gofundme I started for his legal defense.

Re: 2020 Presidential Election | General

Unread postPosted: 10 January 2021, 21:25
by ceez
Derek wrote:Oh no :(

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/feds-arrest ... pitol-riot

I hope I can count on all of you to contribute to the gofundme I started for his legal defense.

Don't forget to add in small print that none of the money will be returned once donated

Re: 2020 Presidential Election | General

Unread postPosted: 11 January 2021, 05:03
by Derek
This is the mugshot of the guy with the zip ties.

Image

What the hell is going on? Are these guys not getting laid? How bad is it for straight people right now?

Re: 2020 Presidential Election | General

Unread postPosted: 11 January 2021, 05:36
by poolerboy0077
Are you suggesting that these 711 big rig drivers are hot or something? If you’re going to fall for a Nazi at least make it Madison Cawthorn.