Page 9 of 11

Re: Eurovision 2014

Unread postPosted: 17 May 2014, 21:16
by Eirik
To be fair, I disliked all those songs as well. Poland wuz robbed.

Re: Eurovision 2014

Unread postPosted: 18 May 2014, 00:27
by rxxli
How can you mention Poland? The song itself actually wasn't all that terrible. But the presentation...

Anyways... Award for the gayest voice in Eurovision history goes to... Russia in 2001:

Re: Eurovision 2014

Unread postPosted: 18 May 2014, 16:10
by c1ask0
Eirik wrote:To be fair, I disliked all those songs as well. Poland wuz robbed.

Poland, Poland, Poland. Are you sure you're not straight? :lol:

Re: Eurovision 2014

Unread postPosted: 6 February 2015, 18:23
by Nicholas

Re: Eurovision 2014

Unread postPosted: 6 February 2015, 18:27
by c1ask0

I would have gone to that, but I'm on tutorial in Birmingham so I can't travel to London for it. :(

Re: Eurovision 2014

Unread postPosted: 7 February 2015, 18:53
by Jacketh
c1ask0 wrote:

I would have gone to that, but I'm on tutorial in Birmingham so I can't travel to London for it. :(


I'm pretty excited for this. Its nice to have something Eurovision related in the UK, seeing as we're not going to win it in the near future. :D

Think tickets are about £60. I'm disappointed they've left out Alexander Rybak and a few of the famous novelty acts though. :(

Re: Eurovision 2014

Unread postPosted: 7 February 2015, 19:10
by Josh
Jack™ wrote:I'm disappointed they've left out Alexander Rybak

I'd have been tempted if he was in the line-up as well... less so as he's not. There are a few good artists taking part though.

Re: Eurovision 2014

Unread postPosted: 7 February 2015, 19:59
by c1ask0
I think Eastern Europe is grossly under-represented in the lineup. They could have featured acts from Greece, Turkey and Ukraine, to name a few. :english:

Re: Eurovision 2014

Unread postPosted: 7 February 2015, 20:48
by Jacketh
c1ask0 wrote:I think Eastern Europe is grossly under-represented in the lineup. They could have featured acts from Greece, Turkey and Ukraine, to name a few. :english:


How they've left this classic out is beyond me :lol:



I agree completely though. I wish they had more acts too. I think the 50th anniversary had a lot more.

Re: Eurovision 2014

Unread postPosted: 7 February 2015, 23:08
by c1ask0
Jack™ wrote:
c1ask0 wrote:I think Eastern Europe is grossly under-represented in the lineup. They could have featured acts from Greece, Turkey and Ukraine, to name a few. :english:


How they've left this classic out is beyond me :lol:



I agree completely though. I wish they had more acts too. I think the 50th anniversary had a lot more.

You know, I reckon Verka will perform if asked. Maybe it will be a surprise performance! :awesome:

Re: Eurovision 2014

Unread postPosted: 10 February 2015, 18:32
by Josh
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31380742

So Australia has been invited to compete in the final this year, to mark the 60th anniversary. :)

Re: Eurovision 2014

Unread postPosted: 10 February 2015, 18:38
by nikolii
^ Any pedant that complained about Azerbaijan competing in Eurovision, who has no problem with Australia competing deserves nothing but death.

Re: Eurovision 2014

Unread postPosted: 10 February 2015, 18:44
by Nicholas
Josh wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31380742

So Australia has been invited to compete in the final this year, to mark the 60th anniversary. :)

Ewwwww!

Re: Eurovision 2014

Unread postPosted: 10 February 2015, 18:48
by c1ask0
Josh wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31380742

So Australia has been invited to compete in the final this year, to mark the 60th anniversary. :)

Whoah. This is pretty big! I'm quite excited to see what happens. I wonder if the UK will get any diaspora votes from Australia. :D

Re: Eurovision 2014

Unread postPosted: 10 February 2015, 22:03
by rxxli
Josh wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31380742

So Australia has been invited to compete in the final this year, to mark the 60th anniversary. :)

Awesome!
The more the merrier.

Re: Eurovision 2014

Unread postPosted: 11 February 2015, 00:02
by Josh
nikolii wrote:^ Any pedant that complained about Azerbaijan competing in Eurovision, who has no problem with Australia competing deserves nothing but death.

That'll likely be my family then. :P Including my sister who is still insistent that it's Azerbaijanistan, because we must label all those countries a with a 'stan' suffix and then complain about them on Britain First.

c1ask0 wrote:Whoah. This is pretty big! I'm quite excited to see what happens. I wonder if the UK will get any diaspora votes from Australia. :D
I think there may be some mutual friendly voting here potentially, particularly from Brits (I guess there might be more of a political impartiality from Australia...who could potentially vote for the genuinely best performance) though I guess it really does come down to the act.

It's an old argument, but I still wish we weren't guaranteed a spot in the final. Aside from eliminating fair competition, it also reduces exposure to the guaranteed acts. By the final, viewers in other countries may have already chosen an unfaltering favourite.

Re: Eurovision 2014

Unread postPosted: 11 February 2015, 00:24
by c1ask0
Josh wrote:
c1ask0 wrote:Whoah. This is pretty big! I'm quite excited to see what happens. I wonder if the UK will get any diaspora votes from Australia. :D
I think there may be some mutual friendly voting here potentially, particularly from Brits (I guess there might be more of a political impartiality from Australia...who could potentially vote for the genuinely best performance) though I guess it really does come down to the act.

It's an old argument, but I still wish we weren't guaranteed a spot in the final. Aside from eliminating fair competition, it also reduces exposure to the guaranteed acts. By the final, viewers in other countries may have already chosen an unfaltering favourite.

Meh. Germany won in 2010 and they qualify directly to the final every year. It's doable.

Re: Eurovision 2014

Unread postPosted: 11 February 2015, 00:44
by Josh
c1ask0 wrote:Meh. Germany won in 2010 and they qualify directly to the final every year. It's doable.
But people like Germany ;) :P

Re: Eurovision 2014

Unread postPosted: 11 February 2015, 07:03
by Nicholas
It'll be annoying if they win.

Re: Eurovision 2014

Unread postPosted: 11 February 2015, 07:54
by xyz72
I'm fine with Australia competing. If they send Kylie.
Didn't Australia already take part in that failed Asian version of Eurovision around 2011 or so though? I vaguely remember a white girl singing in English.