Page 1 of 1

New member here from the UK

Unread postPosted: 16 October 2019, 08:24
by Botanical Boy
Hi guys,

Adam here from London, initially for a bit of relationship advice but I've been looking for a forum to get involved with on the regular.

Hoping to have a good chat and a laugh with you all!

:awesome:

Edit: - completely missed the questionnaire!

First name: Adam
Age: 29
Orientation: Gay
Where you live: London, UK
Where you're from: as above
What you do (job, schooling, etc.): Consultancy in construction
Dream Job: Full time gardener/horticulturist
Religion (or lack thereof): Can I say Jedi?
Political philosophy: Not even sure I know these days.
Interests and hobbies: Films, Games, TV, Art, Music
Drinking, drugs or sobriety?: I don't mind a nice glass of white wine or a nice IPA
Personal hero: Alan Turing :bowdown:
Favourite real-life homosexual: I think also Alan Turing
Favourite Movies: Can't answer this but I am very much into Star Wars and anything with Tom Hanks in. :lol:
Favourite TV shows: Star Trek (DIS & VOY),
Favourite music: Love all sorts of music so this is a bit hard to say.
Favourite books: Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close & The Wayfarer's Series by Becky Chambers
Favourite food: Southern Fried Chicken
A quote to live by: "There's coffee in that nebula" - Captain Kathryn Janeway

Re: New member here from the UK

Unread postPosted: 16 October 2019, 11:40
by kenzie_matt
Hey Adam, welcome! :)

Re: New member here from the UK

Unread postPosted: 16 October 2019, 14:39
by Botanical Boy
kenzie_matt wrote:Hey Adam, welcome! :)


Hi Matt! Thanks a lot see you around. :awesome:

Re: New member here from the UK

Unread postPosted: 17 October 2019, 03:05
by Capt._Trips
Welcome to GFO Adam. Glad you found the questionnaire.

Hope you stick around. It's a small forum but with some pretty good members.

Who is your favorite band/ musician at the moment?

Re: New member here from the UK

Unread postPosted: 17 October 2019, 07:11
by Botanical Boy
Capt._Trips wrote:Welcome to GFO Adam. Glad you found the questionnaire.

Hope you stick around. It's a small forum but with some pretty good members.

Who is your favorite band/ musician at the moment?


Hey Capt! Thanks for the warm welcome.

Well - I'm actually going to a gig tonight to see KAWALA in Islington which is my current favourite band. They sit somewhere between Bombay Bicycle Club and Two Door Cinema Club, if you know your indie bands, that is. :lol:


Re: New member here from the UK

Unread postPosted: 17 October 2019, 11:05
by Capt._Trips
I've heard of them before.
Actually going to see twenty one pilots on Sunday.
Hope you have fun. You go to a lot of concerts?

Re: New member here from the UK

Unread postPosted: 17 October 2019, 15:39
by mxguy01
Welcome Adam!

Re: New member here from the UK

Unread postPosted: 17 October 2019, 19:21
by Bookmark
Hey Adam, welcome to the forum :)

Janeway's coffee addiction certainly took precedence over all else :lol:

Re: New member here from the UK

Unread postPosted: 18 October 2019, 13:23
by IanSaidHi
Capt._Trips wrote:Welcome to GFO Adam. Glad you found the questionnaire.

Hope you stick around. It's a small forum but with some pretty good members.

This. We need some new blood. Welcome!

Re: New member here from the UK

Unread postPosted: 18 October 2019, 13:40
by Botanical Boy
Capt._Trips wrote:I've heard of them before.
Actually going to see twenty one pilots on Sunday.
Hope you have fun. You go to a lot of concerts?


Ah sweet! I'd like to see them they look like an amazing live act.

I do my best although I'm not great at getting the tickets. I'm quite lucky as I live quite close to Alexandra Palace where I've seen Bastille and Disclosure before. Muse were excellent but that was at the Emirates Stadium.

Bookmark wrote:Hey Adam, welcome to the forum :)

Janeway's coffee addiction certainly took precedence over all else :lol:


I'm not sure if she really cared about getting home - just that the replicators stayed online. :lol:

IanSaidHi wrote:
Capt._Trips wrote:Welcome to GFO Adam. Glad you found the questionnaire.

Hope you stick around. It's a small forum but with some pretty good members.

This. We need some new blood. Welcome!


Ah well I'm glad to be here!

Re: New member here from the UK

Unread postPosted: 19 October 2019, 09:52
by Marmaduke
Hey Adam, welcome. As a fellow Londoner, are you giving any time to hanging out with the un-showered protestors, or doing as I’m doing and moving the location you work out of just to avoid them as best as possible?

Re: New member here from the UK

Unread postPosted: 19 October 2019, 10:11
by Botanical Boy
Marmaduke wrote:Hey Adam, welcome. As a fellow Londoner, are you giving any time to hanging out with the un-showered protestors, or doing as I’m doing and moving the location you work out of just to avoid them as best as possible?


Haha thank you!

No I am giving them a wide birth but luckily I don't work in the centre of town. When I'm down there next week they should be gone.

The hubby works in Westminster so yes has found them to be a bit of a pain.

Re: New member here from the UK

Unread postPosted: 19 October 2019, 16:50
by Bookmark
Botanical Boy wrote:I'm not sure if she really cared about getting home - just that the replicators stayed online. :lol:


She definitely sabotaged a trans warp coil or two, just to stay in the delta quadrant, hunting her coffee nebulas :lol:
(I'm channeling my inner geek now)

Re: New member here from the UK

Unread postPosted: 20 October 2019, 11:05
by Botanical Boy
Bookmark wrote:
Botanical Boy wrote:I'm not sure if she really cared about getting home - just that the replicators stayed online. :lol:


She definitely sabotaged a trans warp coil or two, just to stay in the delta quadrant, hunting her coffee nebulas :lol:
(I'm channeling my inner geek now)


Your inner-trekkie need not lurk in the closet my friend! *insert vulcan salute here*

I'm quite excited for Picard - hoping it lays a foundation for Kate Mulgrew to come back to Janeway at some point. We can forget Sisko. :lol:

Re: New member here from the UK

Unread postPosted: 21 October 2019, 10:11
by kenzie_matt
Botanical Boy wrote:Hi Matt! Thanks a lot see you around. :awesome:


Definitely! :D

Re: New member here from the UK

Unread postPosted: 21 October 2019, 14:45
by Bookmark
Botanical Boy wrote:Your inner-trekkie need not lurk in the closet my friend! *insert vulcan salute here*

I'm quite excited for Picard - hoping it lays a foundation for Kate Mulgrew to come back to Janeway at some point. We can forget Sisko. :lol:


My inner-trekkie is outed! :D

Agreed, I'm not a fan of DS9 either.

You never know, from what I've seen in the trailers there seems to be quite a few cameos on the go from old cast members. They may yet wheel her out of retirement, hooked up to a caffeine drip :lol: