Page 1 of 1

Introduction of ConservativeView

Unread postPosted: 23 March 2021, 09:43
by ConservativeView
46177064-C3BC-460E-B1D8-BC758B660C73.jpeg

Hello friends and hopefully soon to become friends,
I am a 50 yo gay man partnered for 28 years and married since 2008 like many of us.
Love people who do not get angry with others with opposing views, but passionately and respectfully share beliefs

Several minutes have passed since I posted. I must add that I used to be a liberal Democrat. Until I began to speak to people about life’s challenges, and the challenges of our world.

We are all good people who love their families, neighbors, friends, and coworkers.
My eyes became open when the cost to rent a 1 bedroom apartment rose from $790 to ONE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS in 2 months. The property also had been sold one year prior to being sold again before rent hike. Now new property owners can increase the rent but that was outrageous.
I began speaking with people about it. I live in an area where immigration has taken the rate of growth adjustment and not only thrown it out of the window, but threw it out a window in a time trap.

All of the peoples lives here will become harder, more expensive, etc if we do not place and enforce entry rates. Are there 3,48,7499 people with you at your Disneyland vacation? NO. ask yourself why, and what would happen if there were while remembering that Disneyland scenario represents USA

Re: Introduction of ConservativeView

Unread postPosted: 23 March 2021, 11:02
by Brenden
ConservativeView wrote:My eyes became open when the cost to rent a 1 bedroom apartment rose from $790 to ONE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS in 2 months. The property also had been sold one year prior to being sold again before rent hike. Now new property owners can increase the rent but that was outrageous.
I began speaking with people about it. I live in an area where immigration has taken the rate of growth adjustment and not only thrown it out of the window, but threw it out a window in a time trap.

Rents get raised. Blame the greedy landlords? Haha, nope, it's those immigrants! :rolleyes:

Image

ConservativeView wrote:All of the peoples lives here will become harder, more expensive, etc if we do not place and enforce entry rates. Are there 3,48,7499 people with you at your Disneyland vacation? NO. ask yourself why, and what would happen if there were while remembering that Disneyland scenario represents USA

What does this Disneyland analogy even mean? :squint:

You do know that the economy is not zero-sum, right? That's, like, basic Adam Smith economics.

Re: Introduction of ConservativeView

Unread postPosted: 23 March 2021, 12:07
by Marmaduke
I would like to make it plain that I would never vacation at Disneyland. To spend my holiday queuing with petulant children that aren’t even mine sounds like an absolute nightmare. I’d rather spend £1350 to rent a one bedroom apartment for the month and sit by myself.

Re: Introduction of ConservativeView

Unread postPosted: 23 March 2021, 12:23
by Raynethemagi
ConservativeView wrote:
46177064-C3BC-460E-B1D8-BC758B660C73.jpeg

Hello friends and hopefully soon to become friends,
I am a 50 yo gay man partnered for 28 years and married since 2008 like many of us.
Love people who do not get angry with others with opposing views, but passionately and respectfully share beliefs

Several minutes have passed since I posted. I must add that I used to be a liberal Democrat. Until I began to speak to people about life’s challenges, and the challenges of our world.

We are all good people who love their families, neighbors, friends, and coworkers.
My eyes became open when the cost to rent a 1 bedroom apartment rose from $790 to ONE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS in 2 months. The property also had been sold one year prior to being sold again before rent hike. Now new property owners can increase the rent but that was outrageous.
I began speaking with people about it. I live in an area where immigration has taken the rate of growth adjustment and not only thrown it out of the window, but threw it out a window in a time trap.

All of the peoples lives here will become harder, more expensive, etc if we do not place and enforce entry rates. Are there 3,48,7499 people with you at your Disneyland vacation? NO. ask yourself why, and what would happen if there were while remembering that Disneyland scenario represents USA


Well I just wanted to say welcome to the forums! I can see we've got a differing viewpoint which is great! We welcome that here, at least I know I do!

Congratulations on a happy marriage of 28 years! That's a very hard thing to do! I hope that I can get to that point one day!

Congrats and welcome! :D

Re: Introduction of ConservativeView

Unread postPosted: 24 March 2021, 02:49
by Jzone
I welcome opposing views, as long as they are coherent. The op is not.

Re: Introduction of ConservativeView

Unread postPosted: 24 March 2021, 03:59
by Derek
It seems like if your opinions are about something that actually matters, you shouldn't welcome opposing views.

Re: Introduction of ConservativeView

Unread postPosted: 25 March 2021, 06:15
by Jzone
One's opinions ideally should be subject to change, given a sound argument and/or new information. To think otherwise is the epitome of closed-mindedness.

Re: Introduction of ConservativeView

Unread postPosted: 25 March 2021, 07:59
by rogonandi
You say you used to be a ‘liberal Democrat.’ Is the change due to you having money now?

Re: Introduction of ConservativeView

Unread postPosted: 25 March 2021, 09:20
by Marmaduke
He’s gone. Probably to Disneyland.

Re: Introduction of ConservativeView

Unread postPosted: 25 March 2021, 12:20
by Eryx
Oh, the American conservative.

Even if I could...

Re: Introduction of ConservativeView

Unread postPosted: 26 March 2021, 03:38
by OutsideIn
ConservativeView wrote:I am a 50 yo gay man partnered for 28 years and married since 2008 like many of us.

Huh? Who is us? I don’t know any 50 year old married gay men.

ConservativeView wrote:Several minutes have passed since I posted.

I don’t know how long it has been since I last posted. Will that be an issue?

ConservativeView wrote:We are all good people who love their families, neighbors, friends, and coworkers.

Let’s not make assumptions.

ConservativeView wrote:Are there 3,48,7499 people with you at your Disneyland vacation? NO. ask yourself why, and what would happen if there were while remembering that Disneyland scenario represents USA

I asked myself why, and the answer is that I don’t know 3,48,7499 people to invite to a theme park that is closed. I hope that helps.

Re: Introduction of ConservativeView

Unread postPosted: 24 April 2021, 20:58
by NobodySpecial
I am NOT a liberal.

That being said, I'd rather burn in hell for eternity before following the likes of the American style Conservative movement. It is bad enough all these fools from my rural youth, who worship tRump, and his minions. There are way too many of them on facebook friends list. I don't chicken out and unfriend them, but when tRump was president, and they would post their sappy love of him and the hatred for all things tRump vilified, I frequently challenged them. It was of no use as they are narrow/closed minded.

To give an example, some of them posted about how illegal aliens were bringing smallpox into America. (I kid you not.) Never mind that the last recorded case of Smallpox was 1977 in Somalia (African horn). They would share a picture of someone who probably had CHICKENpox and pass it off as SMALLpox. :(


Is the Democratic party wonderful? Not by a long shot. However, it is an infinite number of times better than the limited alternatives. While I am not a world specialists, I always wondered if countries that have a strong multiple party system (more than just two, or one like in the case of China, Cuba, etc) fair better on moderating governing than what we have. The American Conservative movement is why if I could afford to travel again to other countries, I would love to pass as something other than American. Perhaps conservatives in other countries aren't so bad. i just don't know since it has been so MANY years since I had the PRIVILEGE to visit other countries.

I'm a proud moderate!